PDA

View Full Version : Good Game Baz - Baz 23 TerryTate 17

TerryTate
01-08-2004, 10:38 PM
MY special teams kept me in the game....and he beat me in the same fashion I beat everyone else, unfortunately, I am stuck with the Denver Broncos, and I have no chance in this league....I am convinced that this was the dumbest rule, ever....

I didnt even expect to win in the first place, as Baz would note....

I opened up the game with a Griffin kickoff return for a TD, i was able to go up 14-3 after Charlie Rogers Fumbled and I recovered it deep in his territory.....

HE just killed me with the run, the same way I wouldve done so with Ricky, too bad I couldnt run the ball with Portis, who I was hoping could carry my offense....

I held the lead 17-16 until the end of the 3rd/beginning of 4th, (due to fine defensive stops with that sh!t defense), then Ricky was able to get a long run to the 1 yard line, and he went up for good. I was hoping to hang on, but thanks to some drops by my players and good defense by Baz, there was no chance....

I got my butt whooped... the score doesnt do Baz justice....

Next League.....I'm the Dolphins, and everyone else can be too... :P

PS - Baz I hope you got the stats because I turned the game off in disgust....

Baz
01-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I got them. You played a good defensive game though, I should have had a lot more rushing yards, but that 8-9 man front is tough......

TerryTate
01-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey man, I told my friend who i played (mentioned that you were a CB for UNM) and he said the following...

"R*******05: TOO BAD HE KNEW HOW TO STOP YOU AND NOT STEPHEN JACKSON"

You are more than welcome to rip our college any day of the week, we are UCF, but we will be on the rise, PM me if u want to talk to this guy via AIM and talk trash...

Baz
01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Tell him to suit up, then he can start talking. I know he can't hang with the big boys. Oh yeah, and I'm a safety, not a CB. Good game though......

TerryTate
01-08-2004, 11:51 PM
oh sorry about that....

Baz
01-08-2004, 11:57 PM
LMAO. No worries......

TerryTate
01-09-2004, 12:00 AM
sorry about hte CB and not a safety remark, lol not about what victor my friend said lol

Prime Time
01-09-2004, 12:43 AM
:lol: We are doing a raffle every season for the Dolphins. Me and 984 decided on this. If you want to be part of the raffle, you just post saying you want to enter the raffle.

TerryTate
01-09-2004, 03:57 AM
we'll see what happens after this one Prime Time, we'll see....

im surep eople will get sick of getting screwed over like these other teams....

Dolfan984
01-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Who's getting screwed over? It's a league and only one person can be the Dolphins.

Prime Time
01-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Exactly. Noone is getting screwed over, and I do not mean to make this sound rude but noone really is minding playing with their new teams except you.

!PapaCrunk81!
01-10-2004, 11:48 AM
this is none of my business since I'm not in the Madden league, but if i understand correctly the raffle is to see who can use the Dolphins next time around, correct? Well wouldn't work to give the choice to the one who wins out the first season or whatever? If I misunderstood--my bad :)

Predaphin
01-10-2004, 03:13 PM
yeah, me and 984 brought this up......We we're thinking that whoever wins the First FinHeaven Bowl gets to choose whatever team he wants for next season.....and we were even thinking that the guy who finishes last should be forced to choose a diffrent team (sort of like he got fired).......But I guess we got to see what everybody else perfers.....

We can also do it a diffrent method, we can choose teams in Draft order.....the person who finishes last gets to choose whatever team he wants first.....but in this case youre gonna have everybody switching teams, and wed have to raffle the order for newcomers.....

These are just some suggestions.....but i like the first option first.

Prime Time
01-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I like the way it is now, becuase guys like Ice, Mee, ST who are not the best Gamers have strongs teams now, give them even weaker teams and It will be a blow out every game. Im for keeping the raffle. Why? That is the fairest way, period. Everyone has the same chance. I do not think guy like ST, should lose McNabb and Eagles because someone won the Madden Bowl. As well as Mee, and Myself Prime Time. Why should we lose our teams If the other guy won the Bowl? He change teams but he should not be able to pick any team he wants If they are taken.

Prime Time
01-10-2004, 08:32 PM
I was suggesting, every GaMeR has the option at the end of every season to keep the team or drop it. If they want, they can enter the Dolphins raffle, but they MUST drop their present team. After the raffle, the guys (or gals) who lost the raffle will be in a semi-draft to pick teams.

Snickersbps
01-10-2004, 11:14 PM
but as you get more and more people playing in your league...the good teams will be gone and they will have to start picking from the crap. That I dont think is fair

I like option #2 from preda's post. Keeps the seasons semi-competitive by having the less experienced gamers with the better teams. yes, it is annoying to have a crappy team as a good gamer, but it kinda a handicap.

TerryTate
01-11-2004, 02:21 AM
real good point...

Prime Time
01-11-2004, 12:50 PM
I do not think this would ever get any bigger than 16 teams because then everything would be to hard to handle and too leniant on th Gamers. As we have it now, we have 2 gamers who do not take down stats. So it would be even more complicated. I think 16 will be the limit, If we indeed get there. But there are 8 good teams still available....

Falcons
Patriots
Rams
Panthers
49ers
Ravens
Steelers
Bucs
Saints

and of course you can always enter the Dolphins Raffle. And some of the new gamers are good like Brecken. According to him in a league he took the Lions 11-5. So to have the newer Gamers have the ability to take away the present guys teams is not a good idea. There are plenty of more good teams, and even If they weren't they are expansion teams, and expansion teams suck ;)

mee
01-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Just so long as I don't have to be the Jets, Bills or Patriots I don't care. :)