PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Xbox addict 'dies from blood clot'

Bumpus
07-30-2011, 06:41 PM
The family of a budding computer programmer have on Saturday launched a campaign to raise awareness about the health risks of playing online computer games after their son died following a marathon session on his Xbox.

A post-mortem revealed that 20-year-old Chris Staniforth -- who was offered a place to study Game Design at Leicester University -- was killed by a pulmonary embolism, which can occur if someone sits in the same position for several hours...

Read more: http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/866-xbox-addict-dies-from-blood-clot/

dreday
07-30-2011, 07:25 PM
sounds like somebody got played..

PhinsPhan11
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
I gotta lay off my xbox then. :lol:

PhinzN703
07-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Weird considering we sleep the same way for 6-8 hours every night

Slim
08-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Let this be a lesson to you all out there... if you stay in the same spot playing video games for hours at a time - failing to provide your body with the nutrients & stimulus that it requires you could die. Who would have known??? Nice parenting...

The family of a budding computer programmer have on Saturday launched a campaign to raise awareness about the health risks of playing online computer games after their son died following a marathon session on his Xbox.

A post-mortem revealed that 20-year-old Chris Staniforth -- who was offered a place to study Game Design at Leicester University -- was killed by a pulmonary embolism, which can occur if someone sits in the same position for several hours.

Deep vein thrombosis normally affects passengers on long-haul flights, but medical experts fear youngsters who spend hours glued to their consoles might also be at risk and have urged them to take regular breaks.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/Xbox+addict+dies+blood+clot/5192348/story.html

Arsenal WV
08-02-2011, 11:48 AM
bro...

rob19
08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
dude's 20.. don't really think it's the parents fault

Slim
08-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd still blame them for conceiving an idiot.

DisturbedShifty
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I would like to know his health condition before he died. I understand sitting in on spot for too long might cause something like this. But if the kid was not health, there is a good chance diet and lack of exercise could have played a part in this. And if that is the case, you can chalk it up to just sheer laziness and not just playing video games.