PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant bans kids: Is it fair?

BAMAPHIN 22
08-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Tired of complaints about shrieking babies, one restaurant bans kids under 6 years old. "We all have children, we all know what it's like, and we just want to have a girls' night out, without interruption," says one happy patron.

Some customers believe it's not fair to ban kids. What do you think? Have you had bad experiences with kids at restaurants? Would you be drawn to a "no kids" eatery?

http://bites.today.com/_news/2011/08/01/7216723-restaurant-bans-kids-is-it-fair

Vaark
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
As someone who had a kid who threw baby tantrums frequently and in respect to others, had to be taken out of restaurants and even Epcot Center exhibits til he could be rocked to sleep, I say "hell yeah, it's a good idea!" When it comes to being considerate to others, some of these azzhole parents are oblivious. They should do the same ban in movie theaters.

Locke
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Love it. The last time the wife and I went out to dinner, a family with 3 bad behaved kids completely ruined the evening. There are hundreds of places to take children around the city, having a single place where people can go without worrying about screaming babies is very welcome. Hopefully something similar opens up here...

SpurzN703
08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
It isn't like every eatery in America has this 'no-kid' policy. Naturally people will complain no matter what the topic but if one is so hell bent on not liking a restaurant's rules, don't go there.

Bumpus
08-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Great idea!

In before: But, but, but ... my kids are angels. This is discrimination! :bobdole::lol:

COphinphan89
08-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Fair? This sounds like a paradise.

WeVie
08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I think it's a good idea too. I get so pissed sometimes when people take their kids places they do not belong. I hate going to see a movie when someone has a child that does nothing but cry or you try to go somewhere nice for dinner and there are a couple with two or three brats that are loud, fussy, and super messy.

DisturbedShifty
08-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I agree with Varrk on the movie idea. Unless it is rate PG, no kids should be allowed in the theatre. That hasd always drove me up a wall when people take their kids to a rated R movie or scary movie. Makes no ****ing sense.