PDA

View Full Version : Dol-fans are a joke!

calmrage
08-02-2011, 07:37 AM
It is so embarrassing to be a Dol-fan sometimes. It's kind of like being in love with Brandi from the movie Joe Dirt. She's perfect, but her ignorant, drunk, moron of a father almost ruins it.

I can usually tolerate ignorance because ignorance is not the fault of the ignorant. For instance, you have these ignorant people who want Henne gone already. They never competed at a high level before. They don't understand what it takes for a young athlete to adjust to the talent level of the NFL. They don't understand Henne and the whole offense are ONLY 5 days into learning a completely new system in a lock out shortened preseason. They don't understand that their booing is only going to retard Henne's progress by distracting him, if even for a minute, from the things he needs to do to give our team his best. It's not their fault............ they're ignorant.

What really irks me is the classlessness! The chant of "We want Orton!" and the booing of our teams QB at a fan appreciation night is sad, pathetic, and CLASSLESS.

DolFan in NE
08-02-2011, 07:45 AM
They don't understand that their booing is only going to retard Henne's progress by distracting him, if even for a minute, from the things he needs to do to give our team his best. It's not their fault............ they're ignorant.

Really? You really think Henne will be distracted? If he gets distracted, even for a milli-second, by people booing the Dolphins should cut his *** in about 3 seconds.

NBP81
08-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Every fanbase is like that, not just fin fans... I'm from Montreal and same thing happened last NHL pre-season with Carey Price. He got booed in pre-season with chants of WE WANT HALAK! The media darling who got us deep in the playoffs the year before, and no longer with the team... Price's response in his presser after the game: '' Chill out! Relax! Its only pre-season...''. He backed it up by being a top 5 goalie in the league that season.

Although I'm not the type to boo the team I root for, I dont really mind it because I want the guy at the helm being strong enough mentally to go through that sort pressure successfully. Now if Henne gets destroyed by this, it tells me everything I need to know about him.

Arsenal WV
08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Chad, is that you?

calmrage
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Really? You really think Henne will be distracted? If he gets distracted, even for a milli-second, by people booing the Dolphins should cut his *** in about 3 seconds.

Those of you who've never competed past little league make it too obvious. Do you perform best when your customers are screaming, "I said NO PICKLE!!!!!!!"

JCane
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Yeah, look how long it took Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman to step in and show promise.

Can't believe you have hope for Henne when you never played at a high level.

See how this works?

Ridiculous.

FinsFan74
08-02-2011, 08:18 AM
And by you labeling the whole fan base as classless what exactly does that make you?

calmrage
08-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Every fanbase is like that, not just fin fans... I'm from Montreal and same thing happened last NHL pre-season with Carey Price. He got booed in pre-season with chants of WE WANT HALAK! The media darling who got us deep in the playoffs the year before, and no longer with the team... Price's response in his presser after the game: '' Chill out! Relax! Its only pre-season...''. He backed it up by being a top 5 goalie in the league that season.

Although I'm not the type to boo the team I root for, I dont really mind it because I want the guy at the helm being strong enough mentally to go through that sort pressure successfully. Now if Henne gets destroyed by this, it tells me everything I need to know about him.

What if it doesn't "destroy" him, but just hinders his focus as he is trying to learn the new system and adjust to the new OC?

JCane
08-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Those of you who've never competed past little league make it too obvious. Do you perform best when your customers are screaming, "I said NO PICKLE!!!!!!!"

This I agree with.

It definitely has some affect on Henne. It may not make him run home and cry about it but he definitely goes home and thinks about it. People forget that athletes, celebrities and rock stars are all still very human and deal with real problems just like you and I.

DeeperImage
08-02-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm not a Henne fan by any means, but I will still pull for him to succeed any day he is in Dolphins uniform. I would never boo a player during practice of all places, 5 days into the start of the season.

emeraldfin
08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
This I agree with.

It definitely has some affect on Henne. It may not make him run home and cry about it but he definitely goes home and thinks about it. People forget that athletes, celebrities and rock stars are all still very human and deal with real problems just like you and I.

You dont think he gets it from his team-mates in the locker-room or the coaching staff? People cant be immune to criticism. They have to be able to handle it, especially when they are in the public eye.

Henne should be able to brush off criticism from fans, as he can pass them off as being ignorant of what he goes through. He cant do that with his team mates however and thats the criticism thats hardest to take.

JCane
08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
You dont think he gets it from his team-mates in the locker-room or the coaching staff? People cant be immune to criticism. They have to be able to handle it, especially when they are in the public eye.

Henne should be able to brush off criticism from fans, as he can pass them off as being ignorant of what he goes through. He cant do that with his team mates however and thats the criticism thats hardest to take.

Oh I know he gets it from players and coaches. But at the end of the day, if you're not performing in your job, you're going home and you're thinking about it regardless of whether or not you're "supposed" to be capable of brushing it off. It's all about how you deal with it tomorrow.

FinsFan74
08-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Every team has fans that expect to win NOW and when those expectations aren't met then frustration sets in, not saying it's right to boo and call out players given they are learning a new system but it's bound to happen. That being said, it's not good when you're starter isn't able to perform better than an undrafted rookie

FinSince1971
08-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Embarassing to read "We" did this to "our" team. I understand the frustration though. Still, its too early and a lot of other teams probably look about the same right about now.

P.S. Dolphin fan base is huge. 10,000 of them doesnt rep everybody

Chill and let QB situation work out, I think brass may have a move or two left.

Since 1971

dolpns13
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
This thread is ignorant

DolFan in NE
08-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Pretty good post. I guess you found me out. I guess playing basketball in college and being a network analyst is akin to playing Little League and flipping burgers. It's cool though.

67Stang
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
To me it's not the people that just don't want Henne for whatever reason, everyone has their opinion on who they want. It is the same tards on here that go out of their way to point out anything negative about him and actually turn things that mean absolutely nothing into some negative statement about Henne. Look an incomplete pass in camp, he sucks. Brandon Marshall rolled his eyes, he hates Henne. I read Devlin completed a pass on Twitter, he is out performing Henne. Henne's shoe lace is untied, he should be cut immediately. These are the clowns on here that are just dumb as a box of rocks.

jvw
08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I Agree about the the fan base, and you can throw in the worst beat writers with it.....if Henne is going to make it in this league he has to have thick skin.....sometimes you have to reach rock bottom before you things start to click.....I am rooting for him because i want the team to have a good yr and this will not be possible with poor play at the QB postion.....I will root for any QB that we start this yr to win........regardless of his name or where he came from.....

SpurzN703
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM

We're talking about hockey? Hockey?!

LANGER72
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
If Chad doesn't improve, he deserves to be boo'ed.
But it is a little bit early. The guys have only been in camp for less than a week.
If Henne checks down while receivers are open in game 6, he'll deserve the "Sammie Smith" treatment.
If you don't know what that is, imagine 80,000 people yelling "Sammie Sucks" during a football game.

NRA
08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
DOL-FANS ARE A JOKE.....

CALMRAGE: easy on yourself there CR! you do consider yourself a DOL-FAN, right?

so why do you consider yourself "a joke"?

calmrage
08-02-2011, 09:59 AM

I don't know what team sport you ever played, but no, Henne's teammates ARE NOT criticizing him in the locker room. T.O. is not in the building.

It's one thing when the fans criticism is even remotely justified. In this case, it's idiotic.

j-off-her-doll
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I would never boo my team unless they were dogging it - like the 2nd New England game last season. That team deserved to be booed. I don't understand or agree with booing someone just because he isn't very good. I'll bet you anything Henne would like to be a great QB. I'll bet a substantial amount that he's putting in a ton of work to accomplish just that. It's not like I feel bad for the guy. I'd gladly trade bank accounts.

calmrage
08-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Pretty good post. I guess you found me out. I guess playing basketball in college and being a network analyst is akin to playing Little League and flipping burgers. It's cool though.

Just have thick skin. I was joking. I do call BS that you played college basketball. I assume you've got to be pretty smart to be a network analyst so there's NO WAY you played college basketball and think booing Henne right now is in ANY WAY justified.

NRA
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
DO YOU perform best when your customers are screaming, "i said no pickle"

hmmm, well, i havnt had a burger job in about 35+ years, but me? i always made sure the pickle was off, so i cant really answer that question.

but, me thinks its high time henne learns to leave the pickle off the burger. problem SOLVED!!

emeraldfin
08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't know what team sport you ever played, but no, Henne's teammates ARE NOT criticizing him in the locker room. T.O. is not in the building.

It's one thing when the fans criticism is even remotely justified. In this case, it's idiotic.

Yes, they are and its not just in the locker room. Marshall ripped Henne against Detroit last season on the sidelines, as did Sparano. Players in a dressing room are not shrieking violets, if you continuously **** up, you will get called out, especially by the coaching staff.

Your naive if you dont think it happens. Dressing rooms aint all sunshine and buttercups.