PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to love Al Sharpton...

PhinPhan1227
01-12-2004, 12:07 PM
...In a strictly "respective" way of course. The guy can throw out a catch phrase as well, or better than anyone!!!

From CNN:

"Dean -- whose native state of Vermont is about 98 percent white -- responded to Sharpton himself, saying, "I believe I have more endorsements from both the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus than any other candidate on this stage."

That did not impress Sharpton, who said Dean's discussion of endorsements did not address his question about his Cabinet makeup. "I think you only need co-signers if your credit is bad," said Sharpton, whose own campaign has been hamstrung by fund-raising difficulties.

Sharpton said institutional racism continues to thwart the advance of many minorities. "Fifty years ago, we had to watch out for people in white suits. Now, they have on pinstriped suits, and they discriminate against our advancement, they discriminate against our achievement and we're called divisive if we bring it up.

"We're divisive if we don't bring it up. Our fathers had to fight Jim Crow. Now, we have to fight James Crow Jr., Esquire." "

Mr.Murder
01-13-2004, 11:46 PM
I like Sharpton's take, it is over the top, but he will get a lot of people into politics who would not otherwise, many of them will become republicans or by backlash, either way he makes things more inclusive.
He knows he will not the nod, but he will make real issues be addressed for platforms. Down the road perhaps he will, good luck Al.

PhinPhan1227
01-15-2004, 01:47 PM
I'd love to see him as someone's Press Secretary.

Mr.Murder
01-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Dunno about that, he is too over the top. He waould make a great endorsement guy for ads... but he still needs some restraint for political forum. In time perhaps he will arrive to that. The way he says connects with people though and getting people involved is primary to making democracy work.

stairwaytoheavn
01-17-2004, 05:07 PM
He's over the top because he knows he has no chance at winning this election. he has nothing to lose, plus he's black. he can get away with certain things.