PDA

View Full Version : Eagles

Zeke0123
01-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Why is it that some nfl teams are so arrogant and some arent? I want to see all the cocky teams out of the playoffs its all I have left :) ravens broncs rams all gone :) last one left is the beagles. They talk about how they overcame and the road to the bowl goes thru philly, flexing, pointing first downs etc etc when what they need to be saying is " thank GOD greenbay didnt go for it on fourth we couldnt stop sh1t all day". Pisses me off I hope carolina pulls of an upset f<ck philly.

CirclingWagons
01-12-2004, 04:08 PM
no...Eagles don't have to thank god for anything...anyone who gives up a 4th and 26(without penalties) deserves to lose

Zeke0123
01-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I have to disagree when the pack swore they would try and grab a win by the throat and have the perfect time to do it and they DONT thats why the deserved to lose but thats on the coach. the eagles are flawed, the GB line was punking them all day and when they had the chance to end it he lost his balls somewhere. The eagles never should have had the chance 1 yard and the game is over they got lucky.

CirclingWagons
01-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by zeke0123
I have to disagree when the pack swore they would try and grab a win by the throat and have the perfect time to do it and they DONT thats why the deserved to lose but thats on the coach. the eagles are flawed, the GB line was punking them all day and when they had the chance to end it he lost his balls somewhere. The eagles never should have had the chance 1 yard and the game is over they got lucky.
hindsight is 20-20..besides, they missed from a shorter distance on 4th and goal, earlier in the game. Ahman Green ran for about 350 on the Eagles this year, but the Eagles have 2 W's...also, Brett Favre threw the worst pass of his career at the most inopportune time. I was going for the Packers, but they did everything possible to lose that game it seemed

Great_One
01-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by zeke0123
Why is it that some nfl teams are so arrogant and some arent? I want to see all the cocky teams out of the playoffs its all I have left :) ravens broncs rams all gone :) last one left is the beagles. They talk about how they overcame and the road to the bowl goes thru philly, flexing, pointing first downs etc etc when what they need to be saying is &quot; thank GOD greenbay didnt go for it on fourth we couldnt stop sh1t all day&quot;. Pisses me off I hope carolina pulls of an upset f&lt;ck philly.

This is why they're cocky??? This is more of a confidence issue which was severely lacking at the beginning of the season. I'll admit too that all of the thanking God and the pointing of first downs annoys the hell out of me too. But in today's NFL, everybody does that and it will never stop no matter how much we hate it. It's not the team that is "cocky," I would place that label on those players that act that way. Just because Freddie Mitchell acts like he's the WWE Champion doesn't make Donovan McNabb or Brian Westbrook cocky. That's not fair to them. Second, if these players were playing for your team, I wouldn't hear you talk about if they did acted like this.

With yesterday's game, the Packers could have been the better team, but when you have a 4th and 26 and you allow the receiver to get a first down from that, people will play the role of Monday Morning Quarterback because it didn't go their way. Same thing with the 4th and 1 at the Eagles 1 yard line and with another 4th and 1 with less than two minutes left in regulation. When the Packers needed to show up, they didn't. That's what it comes down to.

Zeke0123
01-12-2004, 06:08 PM
I lived in Philly during the buddy ryan era and I loved the eagles I met RW and he was one of the nicest people BUT I put the current eagles in the rams/baltimore/denver category as far as personality. I like the colts/pats/KC/pack personalitys better to many flexers/pointers on the eagles JMO I dont have much to root for with my team being out of contention so I root for the nicer guys. staley dawkins etc get on my nerves.

CirclingWagons
01-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Dawkins is one of my favorite players...him and Ray Lewis can hit like a train

Bl¡tz Inc
01-12-2004, 06:41 PM
HATAZ!

Zeke0123
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
See now my favorite ray lewis moment was when he got ran over by eddie george after all the bullsh1t about taking his soul etc and he also looked real good with those RW cleat marks on his chest. As for dawkins hes another good player but I hope Steven Davis is healthy and gets a chance to decleat him. Nothing better IMHO than seeing a loud mouth get shutup.

Great_One
01-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Actually, I got the chance to meet Dawkins and he is a very nice guy. Would do anything you asked him to do. A good character person and very accomodating to everyone. Got him to sign some cards and a jersey... and I didn't have to ask him at all to do all of this. The same can be said for Brian Westbrook and Troy Vincent. Would also love to meet Ricky Williams too. I think he's just like them. I also understand how you feel about those players on the field. If Dawkins was on another team, I'd want to kill him because he is too good. I'm glad that he's on my side.

sammyeaglesfan
01-13-2004, 03:59 AM
ALot of you Phins are such haters...

Blitz you can't even defend your own team, your not a Eagles fan your a Phin fan so get off.....

Bl¡tz Inc
01-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by sammyeaglesfan
Blitz you can't even defend your own team, your not a Eagles fan your a Phin fan so get off.....
FH is a troll-free zone so why don't you run along to your nancy NFL-World.com? I heard they are handing out awards for lamer of the year. Oh that's right, you're winning :rolleyes:

I guess in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king :lol:

When you're ready to roll with the big boyz let me know :sleep: