PDA

View Full Version : Henne >>>> Vick.

zackattack54
08-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Looks like a qb can have a bad game. 5-12 47yds 0td 3ints. This is just in response to all the future Moore >>> Henne, Devlin >>> Henne, or ???? >>>> Henne threads that are sure to appear on this site. Man, I don't think Henne could even look that bad on his worst day.

Here's hoping Chad and the rest of the team have a good game against Carolina and show much improvement over last week. The offensive line needs to open up some holes for the running game this week and Id love to see the Defense reek havoc over a very green rookie in Cam.

WVDolphan
08-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Looks like a qb can have a bad game. 5-12 47yds 0td 3ints. This is just in response to all the future Moore >>> Henne, Devlin >>> Henne, or ???? >>>> Henne threads that are sure to appear on this site. Man, I don't think Henne could even look that bad on his worst day.

Here's hoping Chad and the rest of the team have a good game against Carolina and show much improvement over last week. The offensive line needs to open up some holes for the running game this week and Id love to see the Defense reek havoc over a very green rookie in Cam.

I take it you missed the Cleveland game last year.

Dude, Henne has blown for years. Vick looked horrible in a preseason game. Granted, Vick is overrated himself, he is still better than Henne. Vick did say he was forcing things once they got down 14-0, knowing that it was a preseason game and he was coming out after the 2nd qtr. He was forcing the issue trying to generate something since the 1st team offense had struggled so badly. Makes sense. He still is overhyped as hell, but for a guy that has proven he is actually capable of being a good player sometimes in this league its not a big deal. Henne however, if he struggles like that in a preseason game, there is much more concern given the situation.

mega-fin-love
08-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Henne > Vick should never be typed or written or spoke.................because it's f@cklng ridiculous

MiamiDolphins34
08-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Vick is a fast athlete not a qb.

JB1089
08-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Henne's allowed to throw multiple picks in preseason games when he has a year like Vick had last year.

67Stang
08-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Henne > Vick > Matt Ryan < Rodgers

kud
08-19-2011, 04:21 AM
Who's this lunatic?

armyphin
08-19-2011, 04:29 AM
5-12 47yds 0td 3ints is... maybe they shoulda held onto Kolb, just in case.

Chubby
08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/08/homers_brain1082-1.jpg

Just Playing ZachAttack :)

Kdawg954
08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Not too concerned with Vick . . . but if I'm going to be honest, I'm not expecting him to have AS good a year as he did last year.

That Pittsburgh defense can make alot of QB's look bad. Preseason is the time to work out the kinks . . . that lockout is getting overlooked, even if some teams looks like they haven't missed a beat.

That being said, the thread title is pretty ridiculous. Henne hasn't put up the numbers or as the athletic talent of a Michael Vick. I'd take Vick right now over hoping for Henne to have a big year.

ANUFan
08-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Wow...what a thread! Sure, Henne is better than Vick.

PhinsPhan11
08-19-2011, 08:21 AM
5-12 47yds 0td 3ints is... maybe they shoulda held onto Kolb, just in case.
I thought they should have kept him with that Vick plays. With Vick's style, he will probably get injured.

j-off-her-doll
08-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Henne is better than Vick at not murdering defenseless animals and being a waste of a human being. That counts for something in my book.

Still, Vick is the MUCH better QB - though I agree with the sentiment that he's way over hyped and that he won't do nearly as well this year.

dolpns13
Henne > Vick > Matt Ryan < Rodgers

You can put any QB in the NFL's name to the left of Aaron Rodgers.

GRYPHONK
Vick has those games in preseason.

Henne has those games in preseason and regular season games.

That's the difference

DolfanISS
08-19-2011, 08:26 AM
This thread is ridiculous. Let’s criticize a QB who has already led multiple teams to the playoffs because he had a bad preseason game and state that a QB who has blown home games vs the likes of Buffalo, Detroit and Cleveland in 2010 is better. It reminds me of the jokers who always mention how Pennington stinks vs elite defenses in the playoffs and that’s why we need Henne. Well lets talk about Henne vs elite defenses in the playoffs, anyone want to start a thread? OH, I’m sorry there is nothing to talk about. Maybe we can talk about how Henne does against crappy defenses at home.

I hope Henne succeeds but if he has a stinker tonight the tiny glimmer of hope I have will be gone. Sure it’s just preseason but we’ve been saying that about Chad Henne for 3 years now it would be nice for us to say that after he looks sharp for once.

DolfanISS
08-19-2011, 08:26 AM
You can put any QB in the NFL's name to the left of Aaron Rodgers.

Brady is better!

MadDog 88
08-19-2011, 08:27 AM
If this is your fall back in case Henne has a bad game tonight then my advice is to stay off FH until Henne has a decent game

GRYPHONK
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Brady is better!

This is relative really.

dolpns13
08-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Brady is better!

One can make the arguement that Rodgers is currently better than Brady.

Kdawg954
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Brady is better!

Rodgers is 27

estreetnj
08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
As a human Henne > Vick

insomnia411
08-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Henne is better than Vick at not murdering defenseless animals and being a waste of a human being. That counts for something in my book.

Still, Vick is the MUCH better QB - though I agree with the sentiment that he's way over hyped and that he won't do nearly as well this year.

They're ****ing dogs!!!! Do you have any idea how many innocent PEOPLE are harmed every day? The dude went to jail for two ****ing years get over it.

zackattack54
08-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Wow. Lol. Sarcasm kinda sails over A LOT of u people's heads doesn't it? The point of the thread was to show how REDICULOUS every Orton >>> Henne now maybe even Dixon >>> Henne (Insert teams back up QB) >>> over Henne thread that has been posted or probably will be posted is. *sigh*

Vaark
08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Rodgers is 27

and reads D's almost as well, has a better arm and is elusive.

dolpns13
08-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Im a dog owner (Pitt Boxer mix-The same breed of dog Vick was fighting). Vick looks to be rehabilitated. I have forgiven him and moved on. If I, a dog owner of the same breed Vick was fighting, can forgive him, anyone can.

Kdawg954
08-19-2011, 09:38 AM
They're ****ing dogs!!!! Do you have any idea how many innocent PEOPLE are harmed every day? The dude went to jail for two ****ing years get over it.

Yea, he served his time . . . time to move on. He lost millions of dollars, took a huge PR hit and did a 2 year stretch. He has apologized . . . I don't understand what more people want from the guy.

Kdawg954
08-19-2011, 09:41 AM
and reads D's almost as well, has a better arm and is elusive.

He just needs to do a better job of maybe getting rid of the ball quicker. Sometimes he hangs in the pocket too long and takes a few unnecessary sacks. Brady is uncanny in his ability to read the entire field and get rid of the ball. Also Brady is more accurate (for now).

Still Brady has like 7 years on him . . . Rodgers is just entering his prime . . . Brady is getting closer to the end of his.

I still take Phillip Rivers over both of them, that dude has the swag I want at the QB spot. Dude is a fiesty mother****er.

Vaark
08-19-2011, 09:45 AM
He just needs to do a better job of maybe getting rid of the ball quicker. Sometimes he hangs in the pocket too long and takes a few unnecessary sacks. Brady is uncanny in his ability to read the entire field and get rid of the ball. Also Brady is more accurate (for now).

Still Brady has like 7 years on him . . . Rodgers is just entering his prime . . . Brady is getting closer to the end of his.

I still take Phillip Rivers over both of them, that dude has the swag I want at the QB spot. Dude is a fiesty mother****er.

I remember getting excited watch NC State when Rivers was still relatively obscure and pegged to go maybe in the high teens... Obviously that didn't work out for us. Still and all, I think Rivers has more to work with than Aaron and we actually could have had Rodgers.. Rivers fell out of grasp as he zoomed up the board.. so I'm partial to him. Still since Rodgers draft, the QB I think will end up being the best of em all is Josh Freeman - I love everything about that kid!

DolfanISS
08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
All I know is you don't wabt your franchise QB having concussion issues. Brady is much better at getting rid of the ball. He's still the best IMHO.

Samjuan Juno
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Henne >>>> Vick.

Uncut lunacy
:crazy:

hooshoops
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
bradys still the best qb in football...although aaron rodgers is the brady of this decade

estreetnj
08-19-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm a APBT owner and lover, and no I don't forgive him and I never will, I'm so glad the dolphins didn't "give vick a chance"...

dolfan3431
08-19-2011, 10:05 AM

Im guessing ur not much of a dog person? Dogs are completely inoccent in this world, humans are not. Anyone who finds joy in killing dogs should be shot /raped/ burn in hell for all eternity.

hooshoops
08-19-2011, 10:10 AM
the fact that people care more about a dogs life than a humans just boggles my mind...but thats the screwed up society we live in these days...dog bites infant and kills it you got clowns in the streets begging for the dogs life to be spared

DolfanISS
08-19-2011, 10:13 AM
While I think what Vick did is disgusting crimes against children are the the worst IMHO as they are also "innocent in this world".

Canadianfishfan
08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
In keeping with the spirit of the thread and erasing the direct Vick to Henne comparison... ANY QB can have bad game on any given day.

We don't have to look any further than our very own Dan Marino's swansong as a fine example.

But let's not use this as a basis that Henne is good. We're stuck with him. Let him earn the respect on the field.

estreetnj
08-19-2011, 10:19 AM
No one necessarily is saying they value a dogs life more than a person, but some one needs to fight against animal cruelty. You sure as hell aren't gonna see a bunch of cats and dogs protesting with signs.

BlueFin
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Wow, Michael has now proven himself in this league, and your going to use one bad pre-season outing against a very good Steelers defense as a crutch for Chad Henne's last couple of years?

Please, lets get real here!

hooshoops
08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
While I think what Vick did is disgusting crimes against children are the the worst IMHO as they are also "innocent in this world".

no doubt...there's nothing worse...what they should do is whatever the perp did to the child they should do to the perp...good for the goose good for the gander

67Stang
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
So to summarize, Henne > Vick and Vick < Dogs and Rodgers ≥ Brady and dogs ≥ humans and Vick and should rot in hell.....got it!

napsndreds
08-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm a APBT owner and lover, and no I don't forgive him and I never will, I'm so glad the dolphins didn't "give vick a chance"...

Im a pitbull owner as well, 2 of them..And who am I not to forgive a human being. I understand the hatred, but over time, as a human it is only right to forgive. If not for him, for yourself. It was wrong but it is also bigger than vick. It is a cultural thing. Not just black culture, but an urban/country culture tradegy thats taking place all over the world from the innercities to the barnyards. The dolphins arent GOD so the dolphins not giving vick a chance means nothing. Hes no better here than he is in philly. He got a chance though, look where hes at now. Half way back to rebuilding his life and thats all that matters.

Tunaphish429
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
So surprised Vick played so poorly last night. He will bounce back tho.

Predaphin
08-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I predicted Vick would have a not so good season this year. He won't touch the numbers he did last year.

Dolph N.Fan
08-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah I'm sure opposing defenses are sweating while game planning for Henne instead of Vick now lol

Phinatic8u
08-19-2011, 02:09 PM

I'm a huge animal lover..I get emotional over a hurt animal. But you have a point.

2 years is a long time, people get barely 5 these days for murder.

andyahs
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah I'm sure opposing defenses are sweating while game planning for Henne instead of Vick now lol

Steelers did not work up much of a sweat last night with Vick now did they?

Phinatic8u
08-19-2011, 02:11 PM

Rivers is the only QB ever besides Marino that has the ability to tell the opposing defense were he's throwing the ball, and it'll still be complete.

He's that good.

Phinatic8u
08-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Im guessing ur not much of a dog person? Dogs are completely inoccent in this world, humans are not. Anyone who finds joy in killing dogs should be shot /raped/ burn in hell for all eternity.

Yes, there inoccent. I have 3 dogs, 2 german sheppards, 1 great dane. But I take human life as the more important one 9 out of 10 times. Well some humans I should say.

Phinatic8u
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
the fact that people care more about a dogs life than a humans just boggles my mind...but thats the screwed up society we live in these days...dog bites infant and kills it you got clowns in the streets begging for the dogs life to be spared

I agree 100%, but some humans don't deserve my spit. I could give 2 ****s about a rapist. I'd kill him.

If a inoccent girl get raped and murdered is horrible and nothing is above that, not even my own pets.

dolphinfan41
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/08/2568393929_5b3d84e75f-1.jpg

Phantom
08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Funny you chose to campare a qb to Henne, when he has a terrible game. That should tell you everything you need to know about Chad Henne right there.

phintim
08-19-2011, 03:15 PM
You know we were getting our butts kicked 2 years ago "until we ran out the wildcat" even with Pennington. So maybe just maybe we got lucky with the wildcat and it covered up a huge amount of our flaws. The talent level is certainly better than it was 3 or even 2 years ago. In fact if we win those 2 games that the refs gave away to the Bears and Saints in 2009 IMO that may have made a huge difference in the perception and winning additude of this whole team. After winning 2 games in 2007 most fans would have been satisified with a 4-5 game improvement and even going 7-9 the following year and 9-7 last year. This team had other problems during the first half of last year other than just offense. Special teams let us down and even the defense a game or two. You take the running game and offensive line which went backwards which were big contributors to the demise and there is lots of issues to kick around other than just Henne. Sporano is to be blamed for sure. We can win with Henne just like the Jets do with Sanshee but its going to take a good offensive line, running game and stout defense. The offensive line may be marginally improved provided Long is back and I am hopeful but not convinced that the running game has gotten better. Henne ego/id and confidence is what concerns me the most becuase he should at least be marginally improved and we could have had a winning season the last 2 seasons. There were a LOT of tipped passes as well as dropped ball last year so there is plenty of blame to go around. Tony S also needs to improve his clock mgt too.

dolpns13
08-19-2011, 03:30 PM

To be honest we do not alow my dog around kids. When our niece or nephews, or any little kids come over we lock him up because he is not good around kids. We love the dog, have had hime for years, but it is still an animal. You really never know what he would do.

DolfanISS
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
The last line there is very good, it would be nice if more people thought that way. My brother in law is a runner. He went off one day about how many times he’s approached and bitten by dogs when he’s running. Whenever there’s an owner present they usually assure him, just before the dog bites him, don’t worry he/she won’t bother you. Too many dog owners believe that to be the case. This last time my brother in law kicked the dog, just to fend it off, and went off on the owner. He now runs with pepper spray because people are too stupid to realize “dogs are animals and you never know what they might do”.

ohall
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM

I hear you man, and I agree with the main point of your post. But Vick has shown he can play at a very high, level at times. Henne still has a long way to go in that department. I'm rooting for him, I think he has the physical talent, but let's see if he can improve in the mental part of being a NFL QB.

kud
08-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes, there inoccent. I have 3 dogs, 2 german sheppards, 1 great dane. But I take human life as the more important one 9 out of 10 times. Well some humans I should say.

**** humans, this should be planet of the dogs.

WVDolphan
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/weaktroll-1.jpg

tylerdolphin
08-19-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/weaktroll-1.jpg

Yep...trolling standards have really fallen since the dirt thread and the Dan Reeves thread

Fish-Head
08-19-2011, 04:52 PM
One can make the arguement that Rodgers is currently better than Brady.

One should not make that argument. :lol: Rodgers simply does not have the body of work... he has the 'It' factor but he's not yet in Brady's league... Tom Brady threw 36 TD's last year and 4 INT's!!!!! Let me say that again... 4 freaking INT's!!!!! INSANE.

armyphin
08-19-2011, 05:15 PM
What was this thread about again?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Phinatic8u
08-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Brady's the GOAT. Of course Rodgers isn't there yet.

Bumpus
08-19-2011, 05:49 PM
The title alone earns this thread 1-star from me. :bobdole:

72champagne
08-19-2011, 06:02 PM
poor vICK. had a bad game. dogs cry tear.

finfan54
08-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I take it you missed the Cleveland game last year.

Dude, Henne has blown for years. Vick looked horrible in a preseason game. Granted, Vick is overrated himself, he is still better than Henne. Vick did say he was forcing things once they got down 14-0, knowing that it was a preseason game and he was coming out after the 2nd qtr. He was forcing the issue trying to generate something since the 1st team offense had struggled so badly. Makes sense. He still is overhyped as hell, but for a guy that has proven he is actually capable of being a good player sometimes in this league its not a big deal. Henne however, if he struggles like that in a preseason game, there is much more concern given the situation.

excuses excuses. LOL