PDA

View Full Version : Phins please welcome coach...

zevo
01-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Mularkey to the AFC East! Dont really know anything about him except that he promised to bring the best O-line coach in the game on board with him in Jim Mcnally!

Fresh
01-13-2004, 10:54 PM
wrong board.. :D

zevo
01-13-2004, 11:01 PM
i know i just wanted to let u guys know. The offseason is pretty boring.

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Mike Mularkey, eh?...was it too much to ask to hire a man with HC experience? F*ck it, I'll give him a shot...anything's better than GW and Gilbride calling the shots

zevo
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
two words circle, jim mcnally!

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Mike Mularkey, eh?...was it too much to ask to hire a man with HC experience? F*ck it, I'll give him a shot...anything's better than GW and Gilbride calling the shots

Mularkey??? Hahahahahahaah No REALLY?

OMG, this will be fun!

BB

Jaj
01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Ain't so bad. I mean he matches personnel kind of but I expect Bills to go Micheal Jenkins in the second round if he is there now.

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:12 PM
So whats the contract like? How much does Mularkey pay the Bills each year? Whats the bonus structure? Does he get to keep paying the Bills if they win 3 games?

BB

Section126
01-13-2004, 11:13 PM
So now you are going to throw the ball even more....GREAT.....

BTW, as far as O-line coaches go......I would take anybody that has coached at denver.

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bigbry
So whats the contract like? How much does Mularkey pay the Bills each year? Whats the bonus structure? Does he get to keep paying the Bills if they win 3 games?

BB you have Dave Wannstedt, I wouldn't be telling jokes...that guy could **** up the 85 Bears:lol:

Jaj
01-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Pretty good run blocking units. Pass protection wise they have been shakey ask the Bronco fans. This year with Plummer they were overall pretty solid, but not great. They have always been known for run blocking.

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Section126
So now you are going to throw the ball even more....GREAT.....

BTW, as far as O-line coaches go......I would take anybody that has coached at denver.
No...Mularkey had only mediocre RB's at Pittsburgh: Bettis(Bus has been lame for a couple years now), and Zeruoe(who flat out sucks).

In 2002 he had 2 1300 yard receivers...all this with crappy running game and crappy qb. this year, maddox was awful and they still almost had 2 1000 yard receivers(burress was at 860).

Hey, he could turn out to be crappy, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He now has a real running back to work with.

zevo
01-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Jim Mcnally, is all I really care about! The bets O line coach in the league!

Lebeau will be the new DC!

Clements expected to be OC!

I'm gettin pretty excited!

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Jaj
Ain't so bad. I mean he matches personnel kind of but I expect Bills to go Micheal Jenkins in the second round if he is there now. Does Jenkins have any speed, or is he just tall

Section126
Originally posted by zevo

why? cuz you might win 7 games now?

bigbry

You have no choice! :lol:

BB

Jaj
01-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Jenkins is about 4.5 speed, and well you know his size. Pretty good leaping ability.

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:24 PM

You have no choice! :lol:

BB
and you have wanny for 2 more years:lol:

Mularkey is a Wildcard right now, don't know what we'll get from him yet.;)

you know what you're getting with Wanny--2 more years of nothing

NavyFishFan
01-13-2004, 11:24 PM

No...Mularkey had only mediocre RB's at Pittsburgh: Bettis(Bus has been lame for a couple years now), and Zeruoe(who flat out sucks).

In 2002 he had 2 1300 yard receivers...all this with crappy running game and crappy qb. this year, maddox was awful and they still almost had 2 1000 yard receivers(burress was at 860).

Hey, he could turn out to be crappy, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He now has a real running back to work with.

He11 YA! Stick by your team.

Very respectable.

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:26 PM

You would fill the back of your pants to go 10-6. :lol:

BB

NavyFishFan
01-13-2004, 11:26 PM

We have no choice either....but I'm betting that we'll go deep into the playoffs this year, as long as Wanny doesn't get any real FA/Draft influence.

Dolphins17-0
01-13-2004, 11:27 PM

and one decent wide receiver... getting 860 yards out of burress is flat out bad, hines ward is awesome. you guys should bring in TO, then he could help out your receiving corps and be the offensive coordinator. Be a good challenge for Mularkey too

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

and one decent wide receiver... getting 860 yards out of burress is flat out bad, hines ward is awesome. you guys should bring in TO, then he could help out your receiving corps and be the offensive coordinator. Be a good challenge for Mularkey too

A good challenge for Mularkey will be not to wet himself when he plays Miami.

BB

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:29 PM

BB and miss the playoffs?...no, i'd be heartbroken

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:30 PM

A good challenge for Mularkey will be not to wet himself when he plays Miami.

BB :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:31 PM

and one decent wide receiver... getting 860 yards out of burress is flat out bad, hines ward is awesome. you guys should bring in TO, then he could help out your receiving corps and be the offensive coordinator. Be a good challenge for Mularkey too lol..Owens and moulds at wideout?....damn!!!!!!!!!

and take kellen winslow in the draft:D

Note: we all know this isn't going to happen, but hey, it's a pleasant thought

Section126
01-13-2004, 11:39 PM
lol..Owens and moulds at wideout?....damn!!!!!!!!!

and take kellen winslow in the draft:D

Note: we all know this isn't going to happen, but hey, it's a pleasant thought

That is a bunch of Mularkey............

You guys seriously F'ed up..........

I think the problem was that Donohoe said to Ralph Wilson: "We should hire Mularkey."

Ralph Wilson incoherently then mumbled to himself: "Yeah, that LOMBAR-DEE is nice fella......"

Then Ralph said out loud: "Sign him up."

When they were introduced, Mularkey was dissapointed when ralph Wilson asked Donohoe: "This is nice, okay where is that Lombardi fella that we signed up, if he doesn't want the job....I got Tom Landry ready to come in....you tell him that."

You should have gotten Fassel...........

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:45 PM

That is a bunch of Mularkey............

You guys seriously F'ed up..........

I think the problem was that Donohoe said to Ralph Wilson: "We should hire Mularkey."

Ralph Wilson incoherently then mumbled to himself: "Yeah, that LOMBAR-DEE is nice fella......"

Then Ralph said out loud: "Sign him up."

When they were introduced, Mularkey was dissapointed when ralph Wilson asked Donohoe: "This is nice, okay where is that Lombardi fella that we signed up, if he doesn't want the job....I got Tom Landry ready to come in....you tell him that."

You should have gotten Fassel...........

Wait till you see him coach, then make the assumption we ****ed up....I would've liked Fassel too, but I'll give Mularkey a shot.

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:47 PM

Wait till you see him coach, then make the assumption we ****ed up....I would've liked Fassel too, but I'll give Mularkey a shot.

You better buy him and the entire bar a shot.

BB

SuperMarksBros.
terrific, now who is going to steal NE's assistants out from under them?

Dolphins17-0
if the rest of the league can assume we ****ed up with marino, then well have our fun as well

Section126
01-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Fassel was perfect for you guys.......hey maybe this guy is good....you never really know.........

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:50 PM

You better buy him and the entire bar a shot.

BB I'll buy you the whole bar, you're gonna need it when the phins break your heart again

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Fassel was perfect for you guys.......hey maybe this guy is good....you never really know.........
exactly

He could be the next John Fox, or the next Gregg Williams(yes they are DC's, but you get the point).

He's an offensive guy, and we badly need offense, so let's wait and see

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:52 PM
if the rest of the league can assume we ****ed up with marino, then well have our fun as well fair enough

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I'll buy you the whole bar, you're gonna need it when the phins break your heart again

Kool! One in Buffalo...I'll make it into a Dolphins bar. I'll make a fortune betting Bills fans they can only drink 23 beers.

BB

CirclingWagons
01-13-2004, 11:55 PM

Kool! One in Buffalo...I'll make it into a Dolphins bar. I'll make a fortune betting Bills fans they can only drink 23 beers.

BB I hope one of your fellow fans gives you a courtesy laugh...

bigbry
01-13-2004, 11:57 PM
I hope one of your fellow fans gives you a courtesy laugh...

:D

Section126
01-14-2004, 12:04 AM
:roflmao:

FinfanInBuffalo
01-14-2004, 12:13 AM

you know what you're getting with Wanny--2 more years of nothing You talk way too much crap for a fan of a franchise that has come up zero for its entire history.

Talk to me when the Jills have won and many SBs as the Fins.....

You were soooooooooo sure that TD would NEVER hire another guy with no HC experience. Good luck with your latest experiment. The Jills have a long history of this fun:

- Kay Stephenson
- Hank Bullough
- Wade Phillips
- Gregg Williams
- Jim Ringo
- Chuck Knox
- Johnny Rauch
- Harvey Johnson
- Buster Ramsey

Even your joke of a HOF coach went 0 for 4....:lol:

CirclingWagons
01-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo
You talk way too much crap for a fan of a franchise that has come up zero for its entire history.

Talk to me when the Jills have won and many SBs as the Fins.....

You were soooooooooo sure that TD would NEVER hire another guy with no HC experience. Good luck with your latest experiment. The Jills have a long history of this fun:

- Kay Stephenson
- Hank Bullough
- Wade Phillips
- Gregg Williams
- Jim Ringo
- Chuck Knox
- Johnny Rauch
- Harvey Johnson
- Buster Ramsey

Even your joke of a HOF coach went 0 for 4....:lol: that joke coach and his team owned Marino and the Dolphins.
No, we have no superbowls, but bragging about ones from 30 years ago is hilarious--I wasn't even alive then, so I don't give a ****. That's like a Red Sox fan bragging to a Mariner fan that they won a WS.

finfan54
01-14-2004, 08:15 AM
i know i just wanted to let u guys know. The offseason is pretty boring.

hey zevo, dont give us any of your mularky!:lol:

finfan54
01-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Mularkey to the AFC East! Dont really know anything about him except that he promised to bring the best O-line coach in the game on board with him in Jim Mcnally!

And there off! here come the Bills fans already to anoint whoever it is that they get, that it will be instant success and they have a great defense..........yadda yadda yadda........ and simply changing coaches.........especially one who has never been a head coach before.........again......... were number one!:lol:

finfan54
01-14-2004, 08:26 AM

Oh im sure if he is your guy and the media starts building him up as some kind of hero, that you will be here telling us all that the bills will be going to the super bowl. somebody please tell these guys that this is a dolphins message board?!

ckparrothead
01-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Well congratulations to Mularkey I guess. In all fairness his name has been tossed around as far as head coaching positions go for years now.

But I haven't thought highly of his offenses. Obviously his strengths lie elsewhere I think. Probably as a reaction to Gregg Williams, Mularkey is a motivation guy.

One guy I think to keep an eye on in the hidden gems file is Charlie Batch. He's been buried in depth charts for a few years now patiently waiting for his next opportunity. He threw for 24 TDs and 13 picks in his first two seasons starting (total 23 games), and I'm not sure in general how much he can be blamed for overall mediocrity since then considering no other guy has really succeeded where he failed including to date Joey Harrington.

I just think that when talented guys get a good bunch of years holding clipboards, being backup, learning offenses, etc...they are just an explosion of offense waiting to happen.

finfan54
01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Ive said it before and ill say it again. Tom Donohoe is looking for a guy who will take his crap as he sees fit and not the other way around. Hint: Bill Cowher. Tom Donohoe is an irishman. I am 50% irish. i know the irish. They are stubborn as all heck. I dont care if its mularky or Weiss or whatever, but you know damn well its going to be someone donohoe can control and he doesnt care about what the fans want or even consider a person like Parsells who could control everything with no probs.

The locals are starting to recongnize this as i heard bob mathews sports talk at night at work and they realize that donohoe is a power guy who could spell trouble for Buffalo.
They said donohoe told local reporters here that they could not have his home phone number to be reached on issues but that he wanted all their HOME phone numbers so he could bitch them out anytime he reads an artcile he doesnt like.
This is not made up. Bills fans are really starting to realize that donohoe is a powerfreak.

CirclingWagons
01-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by finfan54

Oh im sure if he is your guy and the media starts building him up as some kind of hero, that you will be here telling us all that the bills will be going to the super bowl. somebody please tell these guys that this is a dolphins message board?! I am in no way predicting a superbowl, not even playoffs as of now...but I'm not ready to burn him at the stake quite yet either

zevo
01-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Suck on this Big Bry!

Elliot (DC via Philly): Mort, Why is Brad Childress not getting the respect with interviews for head coaching vacancies. I think the way he transformed the Eagles offense and utilized their weapons on the ground was masterful. As much as I'd hate to lose him, why are other coordinators getting more love? Heck, I think Childress has done a better job than Mike Mularkey given his weapons...

!
Chris Mortensen: This is a strange development. I honestly believe Childress wouid be fairly hot. Forget the offense part. He understands how to manage a team - I really believe that. But I also believe Mularkey is a very solid hire for Buffalo.

Justin (Buffalo): Hey Mort, as a big Bills fan, it is hard for me to get excited about this "hire" for coach. He was the last interview and someone that has the "Donahoe - Pittsburgh" connection. Can you tell me why I should be excited and can he do for Bledsoe, what he did for Stewart and Maddox? Thanks!

Chris Mortensen: All I can tell you is that he's a very, very good offensive coach who has a lot of respect. You know, the day somebody hired is nothing more than a headline - from a public relations standpoint. Then you have to go play football. Nobody got excited when Andy Reid was hired in Philly, or when Jeff Fisher was hired, or when Tony Dungy was hired in Tampa...etc. If you're a fan, just give the guya chance and judge him by the results.

and dotn go tellin me Mort isnt the man

Marino1983
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM

BB

:lolcry:

Marino1983

pats4life
01-14-2004, 05:13 PM
So in the AFC east we have

Wanny: Dolphins
Herm:Jets
Bills:Mularkey
Patriots: Belichick

I wonder who has the coaching advantage? :D

Marino1983
01-14-2004, 05:19 PM

BB

This probably happens to c-JERK everyday anyhow BB .....

:egads:

:spit:

Marino1983

CirclingWagons
01-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by pats4life
So in the AFC east we have

Wanny: Dolphins
Herm:Jets
Bills:Mularkey
Patriots: Belichick

I wonder who has the coaching advantage? :D hard to argue with that

CirclingWagons
01-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983

Marino1983 that's funny, Wanny's been robbing the Dolphins for 4 years...better make that 6:lol:

Marino1983
01-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Suck on this Big Bry!

and dotn go tellin me Mort isnt the man!

Okay I "dotn go tellin" you that mort isn't the man .. :escape:

Marino1983

CirclingWagons
01-14-2004, 05:27 PM

Okay I "dotn go tellin" you that mort isn't the man .. :escape:

Marino1983
I thought you hated spelling comebacks?...hypocrite, as usual:lol:

zevo
01-14-2004, 05:36 PM
lmao, what a loser! yeah lets make a joke cuz I type too fast! My goodness r u weak!

Justasportsfan
01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by finfan54
Ive said it before and ill say it again. Tom Donohoe is looking for a guy who will take his crap as he sees fit and not the other way around. Hint: Bill Cowher. Tom Donohoe is an irishman. I am 50% irish. i know the irish. They are stubborn as all heck. I dont care if its mularky or Weiss or whatever, but you know damn well its going to be someone donohoe can control and he doesnt care about what the fans want or even consider a person like Parsells who could control everything with no probs.

Just because you are 50% Irish means you are an expert on TD? Geez, I guess you should be a shrink for Irish people then even without a PHD , after all being 50% Irish qualifies you.

The locals are starting to recongnize this as i heard bob mathews sports talk at night at work and they realize that donohoe is a power guy who could spell trouble for Buffalo. Puhlease, that's only an opinion. Just so you know, TD said there is only one boss and that's Ralph Wilson. No decisions are made without his blessing. But go ahead and listen to Bob Mathews. After all , all reporters are credible and can do no wrong. Ask Wayne.

Marino1983
01-14-2004, 05:39 PM
that's funny, Wanny's been robbing the Dolphins for 4 years...better make that 6:lol:

:shakeno: And Mularkey has no idea what a "waste of time" he has just signed onto be a h-c of ......

But hey maybe he likes underDOGS ! I mean the goats do have some things to be proud of like being the AFC base-ment representatives for a 3 rd straight season !! :goof:

As far as D Wannstedt,,,, without the power to make personnel decisions he has only one thing to focus on 150% ...

We will see who's team has progressed further in 04 with the f-o changes wildebeest LOSER ...........

:wave:

Marino1983

Marino1983
01-14-2004, 05:43 PM

I thought you hated spelling comebacks?...hypocrite, as usual:lol:

:lol: You are the biggest hypocrite that has ever tried to post a message on this m-b c-JERK !!!!

Don't go there :fire: .....

Marino1983

bigbry
01-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Suck on this Big Bry!

!

and dotn go tellin me Mort isnt the man

On what? No thanks.

Sorry Zero, Mort is a nobody.

BB

Section126
01-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Look at what a Steelers fan posted on their board. it kind of explains it.....:

One and only one reason why the Bills had to settle for Mularkey: he was the only guy around willing to take their ridiculous head coach salary. Tom Coughlin got up and walked out when Donahoe told him the salary parameters of that job. Mularkey is now the lowest paid head coach in the NFL, which is of course nothing new for Buffalo. The owner does not believe in paying a coach big money. Even when Marv Levy was on his run of 4 straight Super Bowls, he never made a million bucks a year. Gregg Williams, who coached Buffalo the past 3 years, is getting an 80 percent, yes eighty percent, raise in his new job as the Redskins defensive coordinator, and not because Washington is overpaying, by any means. The bottom line here is, you get what you pay for. That's true in every walk of life, including the NFL. You offer bottom dollar for you head coach job, you get a bottom rung coach.

I think the only reason you got mularkey is because he was the only guy that said yes to Donohoe.....remember that you have to live in that turd smelling sewer of a city...Buffalo.....Where the men are men and the women are barely human......

You are lucky you got A coach after reading that.......you should have gotten Marv back......he could nap before monday night games.....gotten the early bird before the 1 o'clock games....it would have worked out........

Well.........we sweep again.

dolfan06
01-14-2004, 10:37 PM

why? cuz you might win 7 games now? after their 8-8 performance last year, i don't think 7-9 would impress em anymore than 6-10!:rolleyes:

Justasportsfan
01-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Look at what a Steelers fan posted on their board. it kind of explains it.....:

One and only one reason why the Bills had to settle for Mularkey: he was the only guy around willing to take their ridiculous head coach salary. Tom Coughlin got up and walked out when Donahoe told him the salary parameters of that job. Mularkey is now the lowest paid head coach in the NFL, which is of course nothing new for Buffalo. The owner does not believe in paying a coach big money. Even when Marv Levy was on his run of 4 straight Super Bowls, he never made a million bucks a year. Gregg Williams, who coached Buffalo the past 3 years, is getting an 80 percent, yes eighty percent, raise in his new job as the Redskins defensive coordinator, and not because Washington is overpaying, by any means. The bottom line here is, you get what you pay for. That's true in every walk of life, including the NFL. You offer bottom dollar for you head coach job, you get a bottom rung coach.

Haha! Section126, first you believe in what Hank Golberg has to say and now you are listening to a Steelers fan? Your standards are getting lower.

Just so you know, Coughlin was never interviewed by TD. He was scheduled to interview but never left NY. This is from an NFL scout, an insider unlike your steeler fan. :lol:
I think the only reason you got mularkey is because he was the only guy that said yes to Donohoe.....remember that you have to live in that turd smelling sewer of a city...Buffalo.....Where the men are men and the women are barely human...... You think? Na, we want facts and not a finfan who "thinks" his thoughts are right when he isn't even qualified to work for any team at any organization level other than being a fan. FYI, there are more "IRISH" Americans in Buffalo than there are in MIami where majority of the locals are Hispanics. If these IRISH Americans are barely human, look at the mirror. :lol:
You are lucky you got A coach after reading that.......you should have gotten Marv back......he could nap before monday night games.....gotten the early bird before the 1 o'clock games....it would have worked out........ Sure, now that we know you believe in reporters and fans who yap their mouth off w/o any substantial facts , you expect us to believe in you? NOT!
Well.........we sweep again. Yup, we shall see Ms. Cleo. Understand one thing though, Gilbride the idiot is gone. You still have your idiot who can't coach. Don't let that 10-6 average per season record by Wanny fool you. He's had that record because of talent and not because of his brain.

dolfan06
01-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
wrong board.. :D like he said, wrong board!:tongue:

Section126
01-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey Justafan, what you posted was a bunch of mularkey.

BTW, my reference to barely human women in buffalo had nothing to do with the irish, and everything to do with the mongrel looking women in upstate New York.

dolfan06
01-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Justafan, what you posted was a bunch of mularkey.

BTW, my reference to barely human women in buffalo had nothing to do with the irish, and everything to do with the mongrel looking women in upstate New York. you can pick out a woman from buffalo in a crowd, she's the one with braided arm pits!:D

Marino1983
01-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
you can pick out a woman from buffalo in a crowd, she's the one with braided arm pits!:D

And in ANY type of weather .....

:egads:

Marino1983

Marino1983
01-17-2004, 11:06 AM
No, we have no superbowls, but bragging about ones from 30 years ago is hilarious--I wasn't even alive then, so I don't give a ****. That's like a Red Sox fan bragging to a Mariner fan that they won a WS.

:spit: And YOU wish that YOU could brag about a s-b win period, no matter how long ago it was c-JERK !

Like ANYONE cares if YOU give a sh!t about the Dolphins s-b wins ..:rolleyes2 The fact is the YOUR billy goats CHOKED 4 times in a row trying to win one and that is an NFL record !!

Stop http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif about it 4 CHOKE fan !!

Congrats on the 0-4 record though......

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983

dolfan06
01-17-2004, 01:50 PM

:spit: And YOU wish that YOU could brag about a s-b win period, no matter how long ago it was c-JERK !

Like ANYONE cares if YOU give a sh!t about the Dolphins s-b wins ..:rolleyes2 The fact is the YOUR billy goats CHOKED 4 times in a row trying to win one and that is an NFL record !!

Stop http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif about it 4 CHOKE fan !!

Congrats on the 0-4 record though......

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983 bragging about 4 in a row is no good either, the fins have been there 5!:tongue: