PDA

View Full Version : Hey finheaven scouts and gms check this out before you knock the cut!

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.phins.com/phins-news.php

Read the tweets from the dolphins beat writers or goto to their actual accounts...it will tell you all about your golden boy AJ EDDS!!! Please educate yourselves and get back to me.

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
KLV760 RT @ckparrot: @KLV760 Games 3, 4, Edds on losing end of many coverage matchups. Was drafted for coverage. Lot of tackles came way downfield.
10 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

Here's one

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Read up Lee2000

Lee2000
09-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Read the tweets from the dolphins beat writers or goto to their actual accounts...it will tell you all about your golden boy AJ EDDS!!! Please educate yourselves and get back to me.

I read that. Not everyone's objection to cutting Edds had to do with what he is currently doing, but had more to do with development and allowing him to recover some of that speed. But a coach who needs performance now doesn't have the luxury of 'redshirting a guy".

richied06
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
can we merge the aj edds threads, please

Lee2000
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
And remember this, you assume we don't read and you post this. I have a tweeter account and I read everything, including Omar's Bible quotes. And I was one of the first to state my displeasure.

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
O so you're wrong about the move...let's move on

beanh8er
09-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Wait. Are you an Edds hater, Spitler lover, or FO homer? Spitler has done nothing, ever, in any playtime he has ever received. He has 6 solo tackles in the entire preseason. Edds had 6

last game. Edds had 16 tackles in the preseason total while receiving pretty much the same amount of PT. He also has a sack. ****, Edds has more tackles this preseason than Spitler has in both preseasons combined.

hooshoops
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
like i give a damn what a beat writer thinks...

Adam First
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Our own ckparrot going head to head against local beat writers...

don't it make you proud?

Smith21
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Wait. Are you an Edds hater, Spitler lover, or FO homer? Spitler has done nothing, ever, in any playtime he has ever received. He has 6 solo tackles in the entire preseason. Edds had 6

last game. Edds had 16 tackles in the preseason total while receiving pretty much the same amount of PT. He also has a sack.

For a "coverage" LB it seems he shouldn't have to many tackles, I didnt watch every one of his snaps but how many of his tackles where after the TE or RB caught the ball while he was covering him?

Stats don't tell the story.

cuban_refugee
09-05-2011, 07:51 PM
For a "coverage" LB it seems he shouldn't have to many tackles, I didnt watch every one of his snaps but how many of his tackles where after the TE or RB caught the ball while he was covering him?

Exactly. First, I do like Edds and he will be in this league for a while. But, right now his main job is to prevent receptions, and he just wasnt doing that. He'll hopefully make the PS...thats why the dolphins waited to cut him.

beanh8er
09-05-2011, 07:51 PM

Not many. Most of them were coming up and filling the hole.

MiamiDolphins34
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM
like i give a damn what a beat writer thinks...

hooshoops is the f. man lol

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 07:55 PM

last game. Edds had 16 tackles in the preseason total while receiving pretty much the same amount of PT. He also has a sack.

Obviously the coaches and FO no something we don't...you watch a couple PRESEASON Games and that makes you a pro scout?...if you had credentials or any credibility you would back up your argument with more than just a couple of PRESEASON viewings and statistics...what you see is not always what you get in preseason...like when they kept Nolan carrol over will Allen I scratched my head at first til I heard sparano say Carroll was lights out all thru camp...so I'm not an Edds hater or Spitler lover or FO homer...I'm a Miami Dolphins Fan and Supporter...what are you?

Dolph N.Fan
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Just for the record Spitler has more CAREER tackles (you know, the ones that count) than Edds does. Edds hasn't even played a minute of a regulars season game Spitler has 12 games under his belt....just saying.

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM

last game. Edds had 16 tackles in the preseason total while receiving pretty much the same amount of PT. He also has a sack. ****, Edds has more tackles this preseason than Spitler has in both preseasons combined.

Obviously the coaches and FO no something we don't...you watch a couple PRESEASON Games and that makes you a pro scout?...if you had credentials or any credibility you would back up your argument with more than just a couple of PRESEASON viewings and statistics...what you see is not always what you get in preseason...like when they kept Nolan carrol over will Allen I scratched my head at first til I heard sparano say Carroll was lights out all thru camp...so I'm not an Edds hater or Spitler lover or FO homer...I'm a Miami Dolphins Fan and Supporter...what are you?

Vertical Limit
09-05-2011, 08:12 PM
You're a homer that probably have said the same **** for Wannstedt, Bates, Saban, and Cam. "Oh they PROFESSIONALS, THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DOING, YAYAYAYAYA, U GUYS ARE INTERNET GM'S AND SCOUTS, BLAHBLAHBLAH". Grow up. Just because they made the decision does not mean they made the right one. And just because they have the job does not make them great or even good talent evaluators. This regime hasn't proven **** to no one so anyone can indeed question them when ever they feel like it.

rutgers11
09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
fins beat writers are idiots... specially omar kelly (didn't he blame the fans for a loss last yr, so he could kiss up to underpreforming players), edds will be a quality backup middle linebacker in the nfl, he has a nose for the ball, spliter more of a vernon goldson ( does not have a nose for the football)

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 08:17 PM

You honestly felt this was important enough, or deviated from the other 1300 Edds threads enough to start your own? Really? Is this really a joke? I'm almost afraid to open the link you posted......

I bet you were the kid that wouldnt eat what ever it was your mom was cooking just to spite her......

AllFinsAllDay
You're a homer that probably have said the same **** for Wannstedt, Bates, Saban, and Cam. "Oh they PROFESSIONALS, THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DOING, YAYAYAYAYA, U GUYS ARE INTERNET GM'S AND SCOUTS, BLAHBLAHBLAH". Grow up. Just because they made the decision does not mean they made the right one. And just because they have the job does not make them great or even good talent evaluators. This regime hasn't proven **** to no one so anyone can indeed question them when ever they feel like it.

angry much?????? you need to step back from the ledge and let the season play itself out no use crying over spilled milk.

flynryan15
Wait just last week people were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and Edds and Ordick our two injured rookies coming back make our defense better and ready to make the next step.

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Wait just last week people were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and Edds and Ordick our two injured cookies coming back make our defense better and ready to make the next step.

You said cookies :lol: :hclap:

rutgers11
09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
It will be important when danbsy gets hurt and has to sit out a couple of games, then as per usual the fins will allow a tight end to shread our defense..

Etuoo33
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Edds did not impress me at all. Even when he 'filled the hole' he almost got run over, and I certainly did not see what the "coverage LB" was all about.... he was always chasing, not breaking on the ball.

beanh8er
09-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Just for the record Spitler has more CAREER tackles (you know, the ones that count) than Edds does. Edds hasn't even played a minute of a regulars season game Spitler has 12 games under his belt....just saying.

Ooh he has 4 tackles through 12 games. Good for him.

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Read my post and then read yours and see who needs to "grow up". if I'm not a homer guess that's mean not a fan so ok Im a HOMER and dam proud of it...you must be confused a misplaced who can't decide whether to support his team or ***** and moan all season long because a backup MLB could've made all the difference in the world...go ahead be that guy

beanh8er
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM

I put more faith in what I see against other teams in a far more competitive environment than I do training camp. It's not about what you know, it's about who you know.

Vertical Limit
09-05-2011, 08:30 PM
angry much?????? you need to step back from the ledge and let the season play itself out no use crying over spilled milk.
Nope not angry but thanks for your immaturity.

AllFinsAllDay
09-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes im the immature one but people are complaining like women about some backup MLB who proably wasnt going to do squat anyway...yeah im real immature

BESS4LAST
09-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Nope not angry but thanks for your immaturity.

Immaturity huh? If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes im the immature one but people are complaining like women about some backup MLB who proably wasnt going to do squat anyway...yeah im real immature

You are correct. people are over-reacting, but that doesnt make them any more or less of a fan.
You are keeping it all in perspective, and there's lots to be said about that.
Others wear it directly out on their sleeve, and we are ALL tired of seeing a really bad team.... I think we all need to agree to disagree on this. If all the banter and complaining is bothering you, just dont read it.....its just not that important

sphinky's bat kid
09-05-2011, 08:50 PM
You said cookies :lol: :hclap:I love cookies.

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
this thread is a mindfuk of nothing

I honestly don't have any idea what you just said. I see letters, some forming words, but together, they are equivalent to the last word of your comment.......

Dolph N.Fan
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Ooh he has 4 tackles through 12 games. Good for him.

And yet people keep bringing up Edds PRESEASON tackles.lol

sphinky's bat kid
09-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes im the immature one but people are complaining like women about some backup MLB who proably wasnt going to do squat anyway...yeah im real immatureAnd now the name calling. Wow that is awesome and mature. Rock on

Ricky4Life
09-05-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do7aIOuBD7o

flynryan15
09-05-2011, 08:59 PM
You said cookies :lol: :hclap:

Damn word reconizer! ;-)

rev kev
09-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Exactly. First, I do like Edds and he will be in this league for a while. But, right now his main job is to prevent receptions, and he just wasnt doing that. He'll hopefully make the PS...thats why the dolphins waited to cut him.

Agreed Cuban - They hope to cut him at this juncture so that he falls into their P.S. now that a lot of teams have made a few waiver claims already

richied06
09-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I honestly don't have any idea what you just said. I see letters, some forming words, but together, they are equivalent to the last word of your comment.......

don't be petty, this thread is the lame spawn of a embellished topic

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 09:09 PM
don't be petty, this thread is the lame spawn of a embellished topic

I appreciate the effort put into this one. See, much better, and I fully understand the message you are trying to convey :up:

Oh, and its an embellished topic....but who's splitting hairs?

AllFinsAllDay
09-05-2011, 09:20 PM
You are correct. people are over-reacting, but that doesnt make them any more or less of a fan.
You are keeping it all in perspective, and there's lots to be said about that.
Others wear it directly out on their sleeve, and we are ALL tired of seeing a really bad team.... I think we all need to agree to disagree on this. If all the banter and complaining is bothering you, just dont read it.....its just not that important

Nobody is saying that someone is less of a fan,but at some point if you say something aloud that sounds completley irrational, and expect people to call it for what it is it goes both ways positive and negative.
so dont attack people becuase they call others out on thier BS.

NoblePhin
09-05-2011, 09:34 PM
:nate:

Ross
09-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I wanted edds to succeed but the last two games his was late/slow in coverage. Didn't look good on ST. IMO he's still not where he was before the injury as far as quickness goes.

DefensiveEnd76
09-05-2011, 09:38 PM

But many of those tackles were of the Crowder variety (10 yards downfield)

Travis34
09-05-2011, 09:39 PM

Thats a terrible argument. Its pretty hard for a guy to get a tackle when he didn't play his rookie year.

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Nobody is saying that someone is less of a fan,but at some point if you say something aloud that sounds completley irrational, and expect people to call it for what it is it goes both ways positive and negative.
so dont attack people becuase they call others out on thier BS.

You honestly need to re-read my post, the exact one you quoted.

I'm not getting on anybody, just pointing out that some are really affected by the things the FO is doing. I have even stated that is okay.

We are all fans, just because somebody does or doesnt rant and rave doesnt make them any more or less of a fan.....

Phinatic8u
09-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Damn Bob. Your putting work in on this thread.

BobDole
09-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Damn Bob. Your putting work in on this thread.

it's what we do. :up:

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Sorry about that. Just some ripe fruit there for the picking.

Whats with the new Avatar? Should I be able to recognize that? Florida on the bottom.. I think?

BobDole
09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Sorry about that. Just some ripe fruit there for the picking.

Whats with the new Avatar? Should I be able to recognize that? Florida on the bottom.. I think?

gator nation baby. and i get all kinds of **** for it on here. daily.

The Confessor
09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah, alright... I see the gator on top now.

Guess its time for bed :lol:

I'll go and eleviate some of your headache.

Built2Win
09-05-2011, 10:04 PM

Yeah Carrolls light is out and nobody was home the reason carrol stays is to return punts :(
if he is in the secondary qbs will be throwing on him all day that goes for mitchell too

Phinatic8u
09-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Gatrors suck..Clemson all the way.

BobDole
09-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Gatrors suck..Clemson all the way.

let me know when you guys decide to take control of the putrid ACC - then we'll talk. :lol:

Built2Win
09-05-2011, 10:07 PM
watching the hurricane game they doing pretty good missing 8 starters..

BobDole
09-05-2011, 10:08 PM
watching the hurricane game they doing pretty good missing 8 starters..

you're watching this game and you can still say they're doing good? against maryland? dude ... :confused:

Built2Win
09-05-2011, 10:13 PM
you're watching this game and you can still say they're doing good? against maryland? dude ... :confused:

take 8 starters from any team and they usually lose

BobDole
09-05-2011, 10:17 PM
take 8 starters from any team and they usually lose

depends on who your competition is. is maryland anything special, at all? not so much. but i guess UM is equally irrelevant so whatever.

no need to hijack this thread - back on topic. what was the damn topic of this thread again? oh yeah. nothing. :lol:

Buff
09-05-2011, 10:29 PM
At the end of the day, it's the coaching staff who's jobs are on the line, not us fans. Thety live & die by the teams performances, so, if they dont see any player making an impact, then they can cut him. Sure it may upset the odd fan or two, but thats life.

I didnt want Miami to draft Vontae Davis because all I saw was a lazy SOB like his brother was. All talent but no commitment. I was wrong. I was happy they drafted Henne, happy they drafted Long, happy they didnt draft Mallett.

At the end of the day the FO doesnt listen to fans. Thats not thier concern. Team performance is.

Phinatic8u
09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
let me know when you guys decide to take control of the putrid ACC - then we'll talk. :lol:

Pfft...

Built2Win
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
At the end of the day, it's the coaching staff who's jobs are on the line, not us fans. Thety live & die by the teams performances, so, if they dont see any player making an impact, then they can cut him. Sure it may upset the odd fan or two, but thats life.

I didnt want Miami to draft Vontae Davis because all I saw was a lazy SOB like his brother was. All talent but no commitment. I was wrong. I was happy they drafted Henne, happy they drafted Long, happy they didnt draft Mallett.

At the end of the day the FO doesnt listen to fans. Thats not thier concern. Team performance is.

I dont know sometimes it is like the FO just does stuff to piss off the fanbase just to say FU
i will do it my way in spite of what you say

Bumpus
09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
... And, we're off to the depths ...

Enjoy, boys! :lol:

Vertical Limit
09-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I need to refresh the depths rules.. is it just no racism allowed?

BobDole
09-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I need to refresh the depths rules.. is it just no racism allowed?

basically. and even that one's a little flexible, depending on how funny it is. :lol:

WVDolphan
09-06-2011, 01:49 AM
I told everybody Edds blows a couple of weeks ago. Got bashed for it of course.

I do love how everyone just knew this guy was just some stud backup despite the fact he never did **** besides get drafted and injured.