PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Leagues

FinsBR
09-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Anyone here in any suicide league? Iīm picking Seattle over San Francisco cuz thatīs one way to cross out Seatle. I donīt want to use any good team in the first round. But Iīm not so sure about it. Any thoughts?

DisturbedShifty
09-06-2011, 08:49 AM
What is a Suicide League?

FinsBR
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Sorry, Survival league...

Tunaphish429
09-06-2011, 09:38 AM
How does a survival league work?

FinsBR
09-06-2011, 10:03 AM
From Yahoo! Fantasy Sports website:

Sports Survival Football, a weekly game that challenges you to show your skills by correctly identifying a winning professional football team in each of the 17 weeks of the regular season and each of the 4 weeks of the playoffs.

Each week, you must select one team that you suspect will be a winner in its game that weekend. If that professional team wins, you remain Active and live to pick again the following week. If the professional football team you selected loses (or the game ends in a tie), you incur a Strike (i.e., a miss) and could be Eliminated from the competition and may no longer make future picks, depending on your group's settings.

To make this simple sounding game more of a challenge, you can only select each professional football team once during the regular season while an Active member of an individual group. Team restrictions will be reset at the beginning the playoffs (in groups that pick through the playoffs), and you will again be able to pick each team once.

Kdawg954
09-06-2011, 10:07 AM
How does a survival league work?

Never played, but I believe you have to pick a different team to win every week and once you pick that team you can't pick that team to win anymore. Basically the team you pick has to win to keep going in the league

Sounds easy, but you just don't wanna take one of the great teams in a weak matchup, you wanna analyze the matchups and pick a team that you probably wouldn't consider later on.

An interesting match this week is Carolina at Arizona. You got Cam Newton going on the road to Arizona and Carolina has to deal with Kolb and Fitz all day. I probably would consider taking Arizona in the suicide league this week. If Carolina wins, I'm out.

Atleast I think that is how it goes :lol:

Kdawg954
09-06-2011, 10:15 AM
We should do a league on Finheaven, I'll set one up and see if anybody wants to join, should be fun.

FinsBR
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Iīm in do it on yahoo

Tunaphish429
09-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Sounds fun and challenging.

Kdawg954
09-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I just created a league and posted it in a new thread. Feel free to join, hopefully we get 20+ people. Unlike Fantasy you just pick and go.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Group# 24575 / Password - dolphins

PhinsPhan11
09-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm in. These leagues are fun.