PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the downtime...

FinHeavenAJ
01-14-2004, 05:07 PM
To My Fellow Members:

I am extremely sorry that the site was down for such a long period of time, it wasn't expected at all. The upgrade process was done on my part by 1:30AM this morning; however, the host company was unable to do their part until 7:30AM. This was a huge conflict because classes started at 8am. Long story short, Muck and I worked extremely hard to get this up as quickly as we could. Now, as you can see... it's up and running. Not to mention that the new server seems to be much, much quicker now.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience... the downtime is truly a rare event.

Now, I'm going to go and get a breathe of fresh air and listen to all my voice mails of people telling me the site was down... :lol:

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Muck
01-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey man......did you know the site was down?? If not......well, it was.

You should look into that.

GazPhin
01-14-2004, 05:26 PM
...with all the WQAM exposure 'nall :lol:

FFiB
01-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
To My Fellow Members:

I am extremely sorry that the site was down for such a long period of time, it wasn't expected at all. The upgrade process was done on my part by 1:30AM this morning; however, the host company was unable to do their part until 7:30AM. This was a huge conflict because classes started at 8am. Long story short, Muck and I worked extremely hard to get this up as quickly as we could. Now, as you can see... it's up and running. Not to mention that the new server seems to be much, much quicker now.

Now, I'm going to go and get a breathe of fresh air and listen to all my voice mails of people telling me the site was down... :lol:

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Your host sucks....

:lol:

ask them if they heard of "shadow process".....

Your downtime should be 0 with a good host...

:D

as a matter of fact..you should have only 2 contacts with your host when switching servers....

a) when the shadow process is activated
b) to reset the TTL 24 hours before you officially want to switch to the new server

:cool:

But what do I know.....
:tongue:

Have you gotten mail yet AJ?

DrAstroZoom
01-14-2004, 05:57 PM
I figured Armando Salguaro had hacked the system.

dolphan39
01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
at least the new server rocks :band: :mocool:

DeDolfan
01-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
To My Fellow Members:

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

OK, you've had your fun, now don't let it happen again !!! :D :goof:

Mindwarp
01-14-2004, 06:51 PM
do you realize I had nothing to do for 2 hours today.. I had to resort to.... working.... yuck... dont let it happen again.. I NEED Finheaven.. I am an adict!

Muck
01-14-2004, 06:55 PM
It's not a habit, it's cool
I feel alive
If you don't have it you're on the other side
I'm not an addict
Maybe that's a lie

Never knew she was actually singing about Finheaven. ;)

Ross
01-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Here I thought Armando Salguero had the site closed down...

Chambers34Phins
01-14-2004, 08:02 PM
No problem.... I was getting worried when I kept checking back all day and it wasn't working.

hunter5nc1
01-14-2004, 10:00 PM
:tongue:

Clumpy
01-15-2004, 12:52 AM
:couch:

CirclingWagons
01-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Muck
It's not a habit, it's cool
I feel alive
If you don't have it you're on the other side
I'm not an addict
Maybe that's a lie

Never knew she was actually singing about Finheaven. ;) she?...i thought you just freestyled that

Clumpy
01-15-2004, 03:22 AM
who's she??

Muck
01-16-2004, 04:33 AM
K's Choice - Not An Addict

Also go get "Everything for Free" by K's Choice. 'nother great song. :up: