PDA

View Full Version : Some games to look forward too and games that you currently Enjoy

SirDrums
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Lookinf forward too:

Going to be a great couple of years for PC games:

Battlefield 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Mass Effect 3
StarCraft 2 heart of the Sawrm
Diablo 3
The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim
Star Wars the Old Republic

Currently Enjoying:

World of Tanks
BioShock 2
StarCraft2 Wing of Liberty
Borderlands
Sins of a solar empire
Magic the gathering

What are some games you are looking forward too/ enjoying?

Clipse
09-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Can't wait for BF3, ES5: Skyrim, and Might and Magic 6. Diablo 3, I lost all excitement. My feelings at this point are hurry the **** up already. 2012 title anyways. I'm pretty excited for AC: Revelations as well. Another game is Red Orchestra 2. It's been awhile since I've had a great WWII multiplayer shooter, and if RO2 is anything like the 1st, will be quite the shooter. I'm not much of a MMO guy, but Guild Wars 2 looks intriguing. There's also L.A. Noire which gets released for the PC in the fall. Oh, almost forgot, Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City. As for early 2012 games, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Brothers in Arms 4, and a **** load of intriguing RTS/TBS games. The most anticipated game of 2012 for me is ArmA 3, by far.

As for the present. We've already had some pretty amazing games thus far this year. The Witcher 2, one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Just like Baldur's Gate redefined the CRPG genre, Witcher 2 sets the example for what an Action RPG is supposed to be. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as good as the original, which was one of the best games of all time. Just beat that a few days ago. I see you mentioned WoT, I actually played that game for awhile as well. Pretty good, and offers something different than the usual. DX and TW2 were so good I forgot about every other game I've played before those 2 lol. Oh, Crysis 2 was pretty damn good, as was AC: Brotherhood.

FinsNCanes
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM
1 - The Old Republic - Anyone want to play just send me a message. Probably going Republic.

2 - Battlefield 3 - Will be on PC so if anyone will be playing on PC..

3 - Planetside 2, Tribes : Ascended, The Secret World.

Trying to get a new rig together for BF3/ToR so not really playing much at the moment and the BF3 open beta should be here in a few weeks (I think along with even ToR) judging from some beta Q&A I've seen.

www.alterswtor.

www.betafootage.com

Enjoy ;).

SirDrums
09-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Ill need to try the witcher.

I didnt know they were making Planetside 2 or tribes. Never playd PS but loved tries 2

How could I forget Total war 2? Superb game.

Clipse
09-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Ill need to try the witcher.

I didnt know they were making Planetside 2 or tribes. Never playd PS but loved tries 2

How could I forget Total war 2? Superb game.

Need to get it then. Brilliant gameplay, brilliant graphics, brilliant story. My current choice for GotY so far.

Kthurmus23
09-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Battlefield 3 is going to be awesome, other games I look forward too are Bioshock Infinite, and Diablo 3.

I am still enjoying BFBC2, play it the most I also play Age of Conan a bit since it went free to play. Mainly stick to my shooters though.

Jamaicankid21
09-16-2011, 01:46 AM
I plan on the Old Republic, Fifa 12, NBA 2k12, Modern Warfare 3.

JCane
09-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Miami v. Ohio State and Florida State v. Oklahoma this weekend.

Notre Dame v. Michigan State is a lot better than advertised IMO.

DisturbedShifty
09-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Batman Arkham City needs to be on that list too. And just because I am a homer, Halo Anniversary.

Clipse
09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Miami v. Ohio State and Florida State v. Oklahoma this weekend.

Notre Dame v. Michigan State is a lot better than advertised IMO.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/09/573-1.gif

Clipse
09-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Been playing Red Orchestra 2. Pretty good. Definitively in need of a patch though. Some great looking mods set to come out for it as well.

JamesBW43
09-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Currently enjoying Starcraft 2 and looking forward to the expansions. I want to try The Old Republic, but probably won't have the time.

Locke
09-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I haven't had much time to play lately. Once the semester starts, I pretty much disappear completely from XBOX until Christmas break. I get a little bit of time on weekends, but even that is sporadic. That is all going to change in March though. Mass Effect 3 is going to be my "illness" and why I miss a few days of classes. I think I'm going to come down with Shepard's Syndrome or Reaperitis or something.

Also, the new Legend Of Zelda has me tempted to buy a Wii...

Kefo
04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Currently enjoying SSX, fantastic game

QuenteK25
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Currently = Trials Evolution

Looking forward to = Borderlands 2 in September

Valandui
05-03-2012, 05:07 AM
Just started Witcher 2. Sheer badassery so far.

Locke
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Just started Witcher 2. Sheer badassery so far.

The wifey bought that for me a few weeks ago. I'm still working through Kingdoms of Amalur, which is a damn good game btw, but i'm planning on starting that next. If what people are telling me is true, I think she is going to be mad at herself for getting that for me. Apparently there are some pretty graphic sex scenes...

Valandui
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
The wifey bought that for me a few weeks ago. I'm still working through Kingdoms of Amalur, which is a damn good game btw, but i'm planning on starting that next. If what people are telling me is true, I think she is going to be mad at herself for getting that for me. Apparently there are some pretty graphic sex scenes...

Kingdoms of Amalur is good. I didn't get too far since I was still at the height of Skyrimness, but I liked it. I wish you could customize your character a little bit more, though.

Locke
05-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur is good. I didn't get too far since I was still at the height of Skyrimness, but I liked it. I wish you could customize your character a little bit more, though.

You play on Xbox...?

Valandui
05-03-2012, 10:10 PM
You play on Xbox...?

No, PS3.

Locke
05-04-2012, 02:55 AM
No, PS3.

Oh nice, I have a PS3 but I only use it for Blueray. All my gaming is done on Xbox...

Valandui
05-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Oh nice, I have a PS3 but I only use it for Blueray. All my gaming is done on Xbox...

I just got a new gaming laptop, so I'm branching into PC gaming, but mostly PS3 for me. I've thought about trying to get a RROD XBOX and try to fix it, but I'm too lazy.

Valandui
05-04-2012, 03:45 AM
I also know nothing about soldering or computer repair.

Clipse
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM

It's not hard unless you're incapable of following directions. Plenty of guides out there.

Locke
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM

Me either. I can have a 15 minute conversation with someone and tell you a story about their lives based on what they said, but put an open computer in front of me, and I somehow end up catching the dog on fire. Best to leave that stuff to people who know what they're looking at...

Thumper1016
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I have been thinking about buying the witcher but I am waiting to hear from you guys on here for your thoughts on the game and if it is worth the 60+ for the game.

Valandui
05-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I have been thinking about buying the witcher but I am waiting to hear from you guys on here for your thoughts on the game and if it is worth the 60+ for the game.I have it on PC. It was only $30 at Best Buy on PC.

Valandui
05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Me either. I can have a 15 minute conversation with someone and tell you a story about their lives based on what they said, but put an open computer in front of me, and I somehow end up catching the dog on fire. Best to leave that stuff to people who know what they're looking at...Definitely. I have a friend who builds computers for fun that ususally does that stuff for me. I could probably do it if I sat down and concentrated, but I'm far too lazy/unpatient for that. His new thing is making his own effects pedals.

AquaInferno
05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm lookin forward to Diablo 3, and GTA V whenever that comes out my guess is sometime this year. Diablo 3 is in 11 days. I just beat Arkham City the fighting engine in the 2 Arkham Batman games is great.

Locke
05-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Definitely. I have a friend who builds computers for fun that ususally does that stuff for me. I could probably do it if I sat down and concentrated, but I'm far too lazy/unpatient for that. His new thing is making his own effects pedals.

That's such a bad*** talent to have. I wish I could make stuff like that...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I have been thinking about buying the witcher but I am waiting to hear from you guys on here for your thoughts on the game and if it is worth the 60+ for the game.

I think I'll be starting it in a week or so, so if you can wait until then, I'll be able to give you a pretty good idea of how good it is...

Clipse
05-04-2012, 09:24 PM

One of the best RPGs I've played in years.

Thumper1016
05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I can wait that long, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game. :up:

That's such a bad*** talent to have. I wish I could make stuff like that...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I think I'll be starting it in a week or so, so if you can wait until then, I'll be able to give you a pretty good idea of how good it is...

Locke
05-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I can wait that long, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game. :up:

Well, the first that pops out to me is this a difficult game. I'm only midway through chapter 1, but if you aren't used to playing games like this, it'll have a steep learning curve. Lots of small things you need to have a good understanding of to build a strong character. It's also difficult as far as gameplay goes. There isn't too much to defend yourself with, at least not yet. You'll need to be a patient person, both with learning the large amount of information it has, as well as knowing you're going to die. A lot.

That said, it's a damn good game so far. Very very adult themes. A few hours into the game, I've seen some dude get his head hacked off, a king get his throat slit all gruesomely, a hot red head completely naked (and yes, you get an eyeful of the good stuff), and some villagers hung from the gallows. From what I've heard, there will be some explicit sex scenes eventually (I'm just hoping the wifey isn't around when I hit those parts). I'm someone who likes a challenge, so I'm enjoying the combat so far. I've died quite a few times, and I'm thinking it's only going to get worse. Amazing graphics. The characters themselves are well-rendered and it has beautiful environments. The voice acting has been superb so far, and I think I've only seen an issue once or twice where the voice acting doesn't line up with the face movements.

If you don't mind a steep learning curve and challenging game, I would absolutely recommend it. I'd say it's worth 60 bucks...

Clipse
05-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I thought the game was pretty easy on easy difficulty. The medium difficulty definitely provides a challenge however. You'll need to learn how to make potions and poisons and use them. And as you said, there will be times when you're going to die a few times and you'll have to come up with a strategy. I prefer a little challenge though. Definitely a steep learning curve though, but should be fine if you start with easy instead of jumping in at medium right off the bat.

Locke
05-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I thought the game was pretty easy on easy difficulty. The medium difficulty definitely provides a challenge however. You'll need to learn how to make potions and poisons and use them. And as you said, there will be times when you're going to die a few times and you'll have to come up with a strategy. I prefer a little challenge though.

How bad are the sex scenes? Don't give me details, I just need to know if I need to make sure the wife isn't around when I those parts. She is usually pretty cool about stuff like this, but I really don't want to risk it...

Clipse
05-06-2012, 09:39 PM
How bad are the sex scenes? Don't give me details, I just need to know if I need to make sure the wife isn't around when I those parts. She is usually pretty cool about stuff like this, but I really don't want to risk it...

They're not too bad. Better safe than sorry though I suppose.

Locke
05-06-2012, 09:50 PM
They're not too bad. Better safe than sorry though I suppose.

Awesome, thanks man. As long as she doesn't walk in and see a red head with her head in some dude's crotch, I don't think she is going to care. Maybe give me a sigh, but I can deal with that...

Thumper1016
05-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the info. I have been on the fence for a while but I heard the learning curve is steep. Usually im not into these types of games but this one just seems different to me. I will more the likely pick this up in the next week or so. Thanks again for the information.

Well, the first that pops out to me is this a difficult game. I'm only midway through chapter 1, but if you aren't used to playing games like this, it'll have a steep learning curve. Lots of small things you need to have a good understanding of to build a strong character. It's also difficult as far as gameplay goes. There isn't too much to defend yourself with, at least not yet. You'll need to be a patient person, both with learning the large amount of information it has, as well as knowing you're going to die. A lot.

That said, it's a damn good game so far. Very very adult themes. A few hours into the game, I've seen some dude get his head hacked off, a king get his throat slit all gruesomely, a hot red head completely naked (and yes, you get an eyeful of the good stuff), and some villagers hung from the gallows. From what I've heard, there will be some explicit sex scenes eventually (I'm just hoping the wifey isn't around when I hit those parts). I'm someone who likes a challenge, so I'm enjoying the combat so far. I've died quite a few times, and I'm thinking it's only going to get worse. Amazing graphics. The characters themselves are well-rendered and it has beautiful environments. The voice acting has been superb so far, and I think I've only seen an issue once or twice where the voice acting doesn't line up with the face movements.

If you don't mind a steep learning curve and challenging game, I would absolutely recommend it. I'd say it's worth 60 bucks...

Valandui
05-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I decided to start over on Kingdoms of Amalur now that I'm pretty much done with Skyrim until the DLC comes out. This game is definitely more awesome than I remembered, or maybe I just didn't get far enough before.

Locke
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I decided to start over on Kingdoms of Amalur now that I'm pretty much done with Skyrim until the DLC comes out. This game is definitely more awesome than I remembered, or maybe I just didn't get far enough before.

I played on hard with a rogue. I used 2 daggers as my primary and a bow for my secondary. Once I leveled up bow enough, I pretty much just slaughtered everything. I'll come back later on and try it as a mage...

Valandui
05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I played on hard with a rogue. I used 2 daggers as my primary and a bow for my secondary. Once I leveled up bow enough, I pretty much just slaughtered everything. I'll come back later on and try it as a mage...

I use a greatsword and faeblades. I'm using a dark elf.

Locke
05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I use a greatsword and faeblades. I'm using a dark elf.

I don't know why, but the game reminds me of The Secret of Mana from Super Nintendo. I think it's the vibrant environments and free roam fighting style, but I can't shake the similarities...

Valandui
05-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't know why, but the game reminds me of The Secret of Mana from Super Nintendo. I think it's the vibrant environments and free roam fighting style, but I can't shake the similarities...

I definitely like that it feels like you're playing a fantasy game.

Valandui
05-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Some of these games try and get too realistic. Hard to do with elves in the game.

BROWN 23
05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
madden and NBA 2k12 :)

navydaze
08-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Just started playing Sleeping Dogs for the PC. Not bad, gameplay is basically GTA just learning to drive on the opposite side of the road!

Tzimisce_
08-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Any Civilization 4/5 fans on here?

Mogwai
09-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm a huge Civ fan. If I had one game to play the rest of my life it'd be Civ 4. I never get tired of it. Skipped 5 because the hex grid and lack of religion break up the immersion for me, but I should give it a chance at some point.

Just finished playing Max Payne 3. At this point, I'm really just a hopeless Rockstar fanboy. The original Max Payne games were nothing special and like they did with Red Dead, they create this incredibly elevated experience out of a sequel. Can't wait for GTA5 and I would love a Bully 2 at some point.

Locke
09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm a huge Civ fan. If I had one game to play the rest of my life it'd be Civ 4. I never get tired of it. Skipped 5 because the hex grid and lack of religion break up the immersion for me, but I should give it a chance at some point.

Just finished playing Max Payne 3. At this point, I'm really just a hopeless Rockstar fanboy. The original Max Payne games were nothing special and like they did with Red Dead, they create this incredibly elevated experience out of a sequel. Can't wait for GTA5 and I would love a Bully 2 at some point.

I've been playing Max Payne 3 myself. It gets a little frustrating sometimes, but it's a fun game...

Mogwai
09-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I've been playing Max Payne 3 myself. It gets a little frustrating sometimes, but it's a fun game...
It picks up as you go on. I was down on it after the first few levels. But when it gets going... It is a slick piece of storytelling.

Mogwai
09-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Since someone brought up Civ before, it's time to get excited about Firaxis rebooting X-Com. It'll be out soon and if they capture the spirit of the original it should be a hell of a game.

What I'm playing now is Witcher 2 on Dark. Taking the Iorveth path for the first time. So far playing on Dark changes the way you have to play. I can't just ignore traps and potions. Bleh.

Apex Predator
10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Currently loving Borderlands 2