PDA

View Full Version : my opinion but why does madden continue to suck

sinPHIN
09-11-2011, 12:34 AM
madden has been awful for two years in a row now. i dont get it. all i want to do is enjoy playing as my phins, but gosh its boring as hell. ncaa is far superior in every way. man i miss the 2k football series.
am i the only one?

Perfect23
09-11-2011, 01:04 AM
No 2k sports's crib creator on there football game 2k4 I think it was was absolutley genius it made you have a reason to continue to play because playing the games was the only to get points to get things for your crib it was truely amazing.

Gonzo
09-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Stopped playing it years ago. only play NCAA now.

sinPHIN
09-11-2011, 01:29 AM
No 2k sports's crib creator on there football game 2k4 I think it was was absolutley genius it made you have a reason to continue to play because playing the games was the only to get points to get things for your crib it was truely amazing.
man i forgot all about that. that was the ****. you could by mini games like air hockey, darts, paper football table, and trivia games.and the games where only $20, and where 10x better than madden. to bad madden is so ****ing boring. when do they loose the rights to the nfl?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Stopped playing it years ago. only play NCAA now.
this is the first year i havent bought it, but i rented today. what garbage. ncaa is 10x better

Perfect23
09-11-2011, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=sinPHIN;1064006792]man i forgot all about that. that was the ****. you could by mini games like air hockey, darts, paper football table, and trivia games.and the games where only $20, and where 10x better than madden. to bad madden is so ****ing boring. when do they loose the rights to the nfl?

And you could buy Jerseys including throwbacks to hang up.

Ricky_Fan34
09-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I thought Madden 11 was the worst sports game ever made. That said, I think Madden 12 is pretty solid. I like how the game is actually challenging and the dynamic player performace adds a whole new level of authenticity to the game. The game still isn't perfect, but I enjoy it and have had some fun with it. The commentating is truly awful and the gameplay still isn't quite right, but I can at least play this game. After the first week of Madden 11 I was done. Everything about that game was terrible.

Clipse
09-11-2011, 01:17 PM
2 years? Try 6. The last good Madden was 05. Madden hasn't been good since they got exclusive rights to the NFL. They haven't even tried to be good since they know everyone is going to buy the ****ty game anyways. Not me though, I buy it every 2-3 years and am considering not buying ever again.

Perfect23
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
2 years? Try 6. The last good Madden was 05. Madden hasn't been good since they got exclusive rights to the NFL. They haven't even tried to be good since they know everyone is going to buy the ****ty game anyways. Not me though, I buy it every 2-3 years and am considering not buying ever again.

Same here I just got Madden 10 a month ago.

SirDrums
09-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I actually like 12 better than 11.

I am enjoying the Ultimate Team mode though I will say, have to pay real money suck big time.

Pay 60 bucks for a game and then have to pay to get the best cards/players available.... ugh.. hope they change it.

Gonzo
09-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I actually like 12 better than 11.

I am enjoying the Ultimate Team mode though I will say, have to pay real money suck big time.

Pay 60 bucks for a game and then have to pay to get the best cards/players available.... ugh.. hope they change it.Mother****ers. Smart, because they'll make a ton off of kids with ****ty parents, but it pretty much guarantees I won't buy another Madden. I'm sure they will lose a ton of sleep over that.

DatDolfan305
09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
I can't take Madden, I buy it then I sell it. I just have that itch to play some NFL football on my console and im forced to play Madden, cause I got no other option.
I've been a 2k gamer all my life and owned every single 2k football game since the Dreamcast days. The football game that I played the most 2k5, I just got so addicted, that I couldn't stop playing, game after game! It was such a great game. And 2k4 definitely caught my imagination, to tell ya I only played about 10(or less) games online, I dedicated whole season to off-line, that game was just so superb with the crib and all that good stuff.

The NFL & EA, has really taken away from us, football means so much to me, and so was playing virtual football, but I haven't really enjoyed playing football since 2k5 really.Madden 06 & 07 were decent on ps2. But the next-gen P.O.S that we have to play in Madden, its laughable. People that never touched a 2k football game, are content with it, because they don't know better, but we people that've played 2k, know what a true football game is all about and were still waiting for it! #2K14 (CROSSING FINGERS!)

madmic21
09-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I like Madden I thought 11 was down, but I like 12. I don't bother with the franchise and crib stuff so the lack of in Madden doesn't bother me. I used to be a franchise maniac but since I got online I am all about ranked matches. You get a different philosophy each game and as long as you can consistantly avoid the cheesers, glitchers, guys that kick constant onside kick, and go for it on 4th and 8 on their own 13 you can't beat it. 12 is a lot better defensively than 11 and that helped a lot.

Tunaphish429
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I love madden. I play online games only..Maybe its the competiton of it that I love..

Jrep429 is my name send me an invite if you dare.

Tunaphish429
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
I like Madden I thought 11 was down, but I like 12. I don't bother with the franchise and crib stuff so the lack of in Madden doesn't bother me. I used to be a franchise maniac but since I got online I am all about ranked matches. You get a different philosophy each game and as long as you can consistantly avoid the cheesers, glitchers, guys that kick constant onside kick, and go for it on 4th and 8 on their own 13 you can't beat it. 12 is a lot better defensively than 11 and that helped a lot.

I agree Crossing routes were unstoppable. I have had a heck of a time stopping the run at times tho.. Quick slant routes used to be automatic as well.

NBP81
10-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I like 12... Best one they've made in a long time IMO... I even started using franchise again with the expanded rosters and cut days... Good game all around imo...

Wildbill3
01-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I miss a good madden game so much that I found super tecmo bowl with roster updates lol.

Thumper1016
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Always loved Tecmo Super Bowl.

Locke
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
No competition means that there is no pressure to improve their game. Competition breeds quality. If there is no threat of your customers buying a competitor's game, there is no need to worry about putting the best possible game out there...

whodizking
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Well hopefully we only get one more game or so before 2k gets back in the game becuz there was reports they were ready to big. But ea got a year extension becuz of lock out . So let's pray 2k returns soon and in a big way that only makes EA step up.

DisturbedShifty
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Lack of a competitor plain and simple.

EmperorPhin
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Madden is worthless NCAA All the way

pbc561
06-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Madden will probably be better than NCAA this year.