PDA

View Full Version : Interesting develpment......

Baz
01-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Here is the situation.....

I'm playing Prime Time. I am leading 38-35. It is 4th and 1 from his 20. I start to go for it, but he pauses the game and says that the rules say I can't go for it. I don't know the rules so I kick the field goal. I'm only up by 6. He then drives down the field, scores, and wins the game.

I later learn I AM aloud to go for it on 4th and 1, which I would have gotten, and most likely getting a TD, putting me up by 10, thus me winning the game.

Now I know I didn't stop his final drive, or I didn't make a final drive of my own, but the point is we should not have even been in that situation.

I don't want the win. All I want is to replay the game, with this rule in effect. What do you all think? This would be Prime Time and I replaying our week 2 game. It would be like the last one didn't even happen. Please vote......

Baz
01-15-2004, 04:29 PM
I voted yes, obviously......

mee
01-15-2004, 04:31 PM
So did I, the rules are there so that people don't take advantage of unrealistic situations .... this was not an unrealistic situation. For the most part I like the rules, but in this case their good intentions have gone wrong.

They should be more like guidelines then unbreakable rules. I don't think anyone in this league would knowingly screw someone.

Baz
01-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Thank You mee, I agree exactly with what you said......

Prime Time
01-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I am not going to replay the game. If you would have stopped me or scored a FG on the final drive we would not be having this discussion and honestly I don't think you would want to replay the game If the shoe was on the other foot. You had your chance to win the game, but since you didn't you are saying we should replay. Had I not scored or If you had scored, we would not be talking about this. THe rules are there, and It is not my fault, we both did not know them.

TerryTate
01-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Prime Time, you helped make the rules, therefore you should know the rules, if anything that is kinda cheating.....if you didnt make the rules that would be one thing...but you did...and thats a bunch of cr@p....

Prime Time
01-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I didn't make them!!! I got them off a site and 984 fixed them up a bit. It isn't my fault he didn't understand a rule. I didn't understand it either but why should I have to redo because it cost him?

TerryTate
01-15-2004, 06:05 PM
IF you werent sure you shouldve paused the game and looked it up on FH, u are playing on a PS2.....im sure one of you had a computer nearby....instead you said that he cant go for it, and by what im reading you were pretty sure of it too....

Something stinks here (sniffs armpits) and it aint me foo!

Prime Time
01-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I can't because I have 56K....while he has DSL. He could have gone online and checked. Why should I have to redo because he did not understand a rule and it cost him?

I paused game and said "I dunt think u can go fo it" he said "really? Lucky."

AngryDolphins
01-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Play again!! :D

Predaphin
01-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Tough call.....This is a very complicated situation indeed, theres alot of hypothetical situations....In the first place, I DO think what prime Time did was wrong....however it SHOULDNT have came down to a last second score.....I actually think Baz did the right thing by kicking the FG, lets say he went for it and DIDNT get a first down, then Prime time would win anyway, but its all hypothetical.....It happens in the NFL were teams get screwed, either by replay or a refs call....but i am against it having to be replayed....There was a similar situation between me and 984, if you guys recall...and PrimeTime himself wanted to give me a loss for a rule i didnt intentionally do! I could screw PT with favoritism or with vegance, but i choose not to, Instead i think i will go with what i think is right....i dont think the game between me and 984 shouldve been played over, but it did, it happened and now its time to move on....However , i dont think it should happen again.....We can blame PT for not knowing the rules when he posted some of them, but i think Baz can easily be blamed for not reading them either....Nothing against Baz, but whats done is done.....Take it out in the Playoffs...If they play again and PT loses, then he is screwed and will complain that he won the first ...i just think we should move on....Just my 2 cents.....I hope I didnt offend Baz or PT with any of my opinions.

I vote "NO".

Prime Time
01-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by AngryDolphins
Play again!! :D

Since when have you been in this league? That's what I thought...

Baz
01-16-2004, 01:34 AM
OK, here is the part I forgot to mention. I KNEW the rule, which is why I was going for it. When he saw me going for it, he paused and said the rules say no. Since he is one of the co-founders of the league, I assumed he was right and I was mistaken, so I kicked the FG. When I later found out that I was right, thats what made me think I got cheated on this game.

In response to Predaphin, I agree with most of what you say. However, I did know the rule, and that is why I'm a little upset at what has happened......