PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts for dummies. The new Tony Moron O book.

Flip Tanneflop
09-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Sure to be a best seller.

Chapter one....

The opposing team has just completed a pass to your one yard line. The play was ruled a TD on the field, but after a review by the replay team, the officials rule the receiver to be down at the one. The opposing team does not have any timeouts. There are just a few seconds left in the 1st half. Your team is leading the game by 3 scores. The officials state that as soon as the ball is spotted and they give the ready signal, the clock will start running. The opposing team hurries their FG unit out onto the field, in the hopes they get off a FG that will trim the lead, but keep your team in command.

This is a great opportunity to call TO. This way, you give your opponents high powered offense and their HC with a set of balls, a chance to reconsider their strategy and instead go for a TD which will make it a 2 possession game and give their team serious momentum going into the locker room. CALL TIMEOUT!!!

This enables the opposing team to punch it in, receive the 2nd half kickoff, score again, and all of the sudden put your team on the ropes where it procedes to blow a huge lead and lose the game. BRILLIANT!

Chapter 2......

Your player has just intercepted the opposing QB. QUICK!!! Run towards the official in a panic and call TIME OUT!!! The clock stops on a change of possession anyways, but still, calling timeout there ensures that you dont have that one in case you need it later. BRILLIANT!!!!!

Chapter 3......

You trail by 10 points with just over 8 minutes left. Youre pinned deep in your own territory and face a 4th and 1 after your QB takes a tough hit to his head after a scramble. The clock is running. Not only would it be wise to call a timeout here, but it is probably best to let the play clock run all the way down first. This will help the opponent drain more of the clock without having to get 1st downs running the ball to do it. No sense in hurrying the punt team on the field and getting it off or just going for the first down. Either of those are fair options, but if you dont burn a timeout here, you may make it tougher on the opposition. Waste time, then CALL TIMEOUT! After punting, wave your play sheet towards you as if to suggest the special teams unit hurry and get off the field. There is a two minute TV timeout, but they need to get off the field QUICK in that spot. Dont get them out there quick and punt as quick as possible, that could save time on the clock. Just get them off the field quickly after the clock is stopped. BRILLIANT!!!!

All this book needs is a cover design by Vaark. Timeouts for Dummies by Tony Moron O.

Also, if anyone has YouTube skills, how awesome would one of those remixes that the guy does like with Allen Iverson and Jim Mora etc etc, be with some of Tony Moron O be? The key line would be from todays with the quote "I dont have any answers".

MadDog 88
09-19-2011, 12:49 AM
I'll take Bestsellers for 200 Alex.

ForksPhin
09-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Sadly, this kind of stuff has been going on for 3+ years now. I think every Dolphins fan, deep down in their soul, knew this was coming after the "flirting with Harbaugh" situation. I remember all of the commentary about how Sparano had lost all respect & authority with the players knowing he was a lame duck. I remember the preposterous news conference with Ireland, Ross, and Sparano where Ross handed out contract extensions instead of terminations. We all knew then that this was not going to end well.

Every new season brings optimism. In no particular order...We dump Channing Crowder and bring in a supposed "playmaker" to replace him. We're promised a QB competition. We claim we drafted speed. Wire hire new coaches. And on and on...but deep down, we knew the seeds of this disaster were planted at the end of last season. We all knew it was coming.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
where can i buy this book, seems like a very interesting read?

Tunaphish429
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Dont forget that your defense is in absolute shambles against a patriots team that is running them ragged with no huddle offense...

God forbid he takes a timeout to regroup and give them a breather.