PDA

View Full Version : Guys! I'm off to root for the Bills

BigFin
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Until Ross gets fed up and fires Tony and Jeff. I just can't take anymore empty promises, hopeful offseasons, head scartching FO moves, and, worst of all being the easy W on almost every teams schedule. We have some talent but we need some peices here and there and a coach with some big balls to pull the trigger when its needed.

Come on Rob Ryan or Cowher.

13Dolfan87
09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
The Bills start 2-0 and all of a sudden you root for them? :lol:

Get lost.

Tunaphish429
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Root for whoever you want, but dont expect us to welcome you back.

MadDog 88
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
:bobdole:

Dolfan4life!
09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
??You've been a member here for over 4 years and have accumulated a grand total of 39 posts, I hardly think you'll be missed. Classy move jumping to the division rival Bills - you'll fit right in with that bunch.

Rambo
09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
I understand the feelings towards our team right now. But root for the Bills? Just remember, if they are that good, we'll have to deal with a bigger put down next year.

PA_FinsFan
09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Really??? :ponder:

Slim
09-21-2011, 10:07 AM
It's funny... because this type of post always gets ripped to shreds. Fellow posters will accuse the OP of not being a true fan (which to a certain extent i agree) however how much pain does someone have to endure before they are allowed to jump ship?

I mean, we've been through a decade of HELL with this team. Poor personnel decisions by poorly selected coaches & GMs. Sooner or later, a fan must be allowed to jump ship without anyone calling him a fair-weather fan no?

MarshallFin1
09-21-2011, 10:10 AM
i feel your pain.

phishxhead
09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I totally get the OP. I am actually happy for the Bills and since the Phins are going nowhere, I'm rooting for the Bills to win the Division THIS YEAR. There is no point in rooting for victories for the Phish as it only hurts us going foward. There is always next year.

SuperBowlDream
09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I could not pull for any team other than the Mia in the AFC East...Dont think any true fan could. I have learned that to have any fun during the NFL season a second team is a must (along with a strong FFB team). Last year? Rogers & The Pack diverted my attention...This season? Stafford & the Lions look like a bunch to watch who have been beat down for years.

Dont really blame you for seeking a team that has an immediate future...Just dont do it in our conference.

CirclingWagons
09-21-2011, 10:14 AM
If you're sick of losing and head-scratching FO moves then I can suggest another 30 teams that would be better options than the Bills.

Wildbill3
09-21-2011, 10:15 AM
yeah you and your 39 nuggets of wisdom in 4 years sure will be missed.

SpurzN703
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Until Ross gets fed up and fires Tony and Jeff. I just can't take anymore empty promises, hopeful offseasons, head scartching FO moves, and, worst of all being the easy W on almost every teams schedule. We have some talent but we need some peices here and there and a coach with some big balls to pull the trigger when its needed.

Nothing worse than head scartching moves. I agree 100%

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

It's funny... because this type of post always gets ripped to shreds. Fellow posters will accuse the OP of not being a true fan (which to a certain extent i agree) however how much pain does someone have to endure before they are allowed to jump ship?

I mean, we've been through a decade of HELL with this team. Poor personnel decisions by poorly selected coaches & GMs. Sooner or later, a fan must be allowed to jump ship without anyone calling him a fair-weather fan no?

No. There is no jumping ship whatsoever. Under NO circumstances.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM
ya, since we are not playing well im going to go root for the pats, but when we get back to being contenders, ill come back. :lol::lol:

lol, what the hell does that mean you are going to root for the bills? now, if we fall out of it to the extent where we have zero chance, i understand you wanting the bills to win the division over the jets and pats since someone has to win it anyways, but to actually root for the bills is pathetic, especially if you call yourself a diehard fins fan.

i will admit though, i am rooting for the bills, this week that is vs the pats.:ponder:

CalDolFan10x14
09-21-2011, 10:41 AM
2007: 1-15............still a Dolphins fan. If you can't stick with your team through highs and lows, no matter how many there may be, then by all means go root for the Buffalo "Wide Rights" cuz they DEFINITELY have a winning tradition! :rolleyes2:

Danny
09-21-2011, 10:44 AM
well, I want to root for the Miami Dolphins no matter what but instead our FO has force me to root for the Miami cowboys......:(

Ozzy rules!!

miamiron
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
however how much pain does someone have to endure before they are allowed to jump ship?

I'm 54 years old and have been a fan for 42 years and I would never think of abandoning this team

Having gone through the tough times only make the good times
that much better

I doubt if the thread starter would have seen that undefeated season in 1972 or had the privilege of watching a game in the Orange Bowl or watching Don Shula and the Dan Marino show
would turn his back on this amazing franchise

Will I be pissed off like the majority of people here on finheaven?
YES ...
but I will never ever turn my back on this franchise....NEVER

#1Phins
09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey guys I'm rooting for the Bills this weekend, I hate Brady and the Pats. We can take care of the Bills later.

ChrisHanson
09-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Tell that to cowboys owner jerry jones and he will laugh at ya.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying that the Cowboys don't have losing seasons or bad decades?

DphinBillkiller
09-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Adios! :3w:

FINFAN15
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
This post is indicative of the problems in this world NO LOYALTY

SebasMiamiFan
09-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Of all the teams to pick, you pick the Bills? :idk:

Predaphin
09-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Get lost.

And of all teams he picks the Bills LoL! Won't be long before he's dissapointed there too

Fin_Frenzy_84
09-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Ok good... One less fake fan.

CedarPhin
09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Cool story, bro.

finnyfan4life
09-21-2011, 12:29 PM
i feel your pain but the Bills?!?! Bet that doesnt have anything to do with them being 2-0.

jw0119
09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
This is like saying "Please don't shoot me in the head, I'd rather die in a fire"

BigFin
09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Ok so let me start off with this. I was born in Miami and watched the Don Shula/Marino Dolphins. I've watched the classic films of a Dominate hard nosed teams of the 1970's. Those were the teams and the personnel that were the reasons we all became fans of the Dolphins. In the past decade I watched the Jimmy Johnson era come and have some success. I've been a fan through Dave Wannstat years when you could tell that he was clueless. I watched as coach saban was flown in on a Helicoppter for a news conference like the teams savior, only to be dumped two years later. I was a fan through the lone 1-15 season when news casters were laughing at us on the air when we won the one game we acted like we won the super bowl.

Let me ask all you true fans something. We have been "rebuilding" and "Installing a winning mindset" or on a "3 year plan" for almost 15 years now. We have been looking for the next great QB for almost 12 years. We have been looking for the next great coach for 15 years.
What does it say to you when the longest Dolphin player say that practice are horrible and the best coach he's ever had was Jimmy Johnson?
How do you feel when the Dolphins aren't even talked about anymore as a contender within the division? How does it feel 5 years after a 1-15 season and 8 years after a 4-12 season, you are staring another possible 2-14 or 1-15 again?
How does it feel in your gut every sunday watching a game thinking "Gosh! I hope we can beat the Browns." when you remember knowing "We are going to beat the S%*t out of the Browns"?
Lastly, how does it feel to watch teams like Tampa Bay, the Lions, the rams, and the bills make all the right moves and improve each year, only to watch the dolphins FO repeatedly screw up and get worst?
How does it feel to flip on Sunday Ticket and go throught games and see every stadium packed and then see our empty?

Can you deal with that for another 5-15 years?

metalman32060
09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm 54 years old and have been a fan for 42 years and I would never think of abandoning this team Having gone through the tough times only make the good times that much better I doubt if the thread starter would have seen that undefeated season in 1972 or had the privilege of watching a game in the Orange Bowl or watching Don Shula and the Dan Marino show would turn his back on this amazing franchise Will I be pissed off like the majority of people here on finheaven? YES ... but I will never ever turn my back on this franchise....NEVER My thoughts exactly, been a fan since I moved to Florida in 70, will always root for the Phins no matter how good or bad things go. Can not and will not root for another team, ever. Doesn't mean I won't have preferences of one team over another in certain games, but root for? No way in hell.

metalman32060
09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Ok so let me start off with this. I was born in Miami and watched the Don Shula/Marino Dolphins. I've watched the classic films of a Dominate hard nosed teams of the 1970's. Those were the teams and the personnel that were the reasons we all became fans of the Dolphins. In the past decade I watched the Jimmy Johnson era come and have some success. I've been a fan through Dave Wannstat years when you could tell that he was clueless. I watched as coach saban was flown in on a Helicoppter for a news conference like the teams savior, only to be dumped two years later. I was a fan through the lone 1-15 season when news casters were laughing at us on the air when we won the one game we acted like we won the super bowl. Let me ask all you true fans something. We have been "rebuilding" and "Installing a winning mindset" or on a "3 year plan" for almost 15 years now. We have been looking for the next great QB for almost 12 years. We have been looking for the next great coach for 15 years. What does it say to you when the longest Dolphin player say that practice are horrible and the best coach he's ever had was Jimmy Johnson? How do you feel when the Dolphins aren't even talked about anymore as a contender within the division? How does it feel 5 years after a 1-15 season and 8 years after a 4-12 season, you are staring another possible 2-14 or 1-15 again? How does it feel in your gut every sunday watching a game thinking "Gosh! I hope we can beat the Browns." when you remember knowing "We are going to beat the S%*t out of the Browns"? Lastly, how does it feel to watch teams like Tampa Bay, the Lions, the rams, and the bills make all the right moves and improve each year, only to watch the dolphins FO repeatedly screw up and get worst? How does it feel to flip on Sunday Ticket and go throught games and see every stadium packed and then see our empty? Can you deal with that for another 5-15 years? Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out, a real fan is a fan through thick and thin. I have been a Red Sox fan my whole life, choking constantly, loosing in ways that were unthinkable. When they finally won it all in '04 I was still a fan and it was the greatest feeling in the world. So if you can't handle the bad times then leave, no-one here will miss you

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Ok so let me start off with this. I was born in Miami and watched the Don Shula/Marino Dolphins. I've watched the classic films of a Dominate hard nosed teams of the 1970's. Those were the teams and the personnel that were the reasons we all became fans of the Dolphins. In the past decade I watched the Jimmy Johnson era come and have some success. I've been a fan through Dave Wannstat years when you could tell that he was clueless. I watched as coach saban was flown in on a Helicoppter for a news conference like the teams savior, only to be dumped two years later. I was a fan through the lone 1-15 season when news casters were laughing at us on the air when we won the one game we acted like we won the super bowl.

Let me ask all you true fans something. We have been "rebuilding" and "Installing a winning mindset" or on a "3 year plan" for almost 15 years now. We have been looking for the next great QB for almost 12 years. We have been looking for the next great coach for 15 years.
What does it say to you when the longest Dolphin player say that practice are horrible and the best coach he's ever had was Jimmy Johnson?
How do you feel when the Dolphins aren't even talked about anymore as a contender within the division? How does it feel 5 years after a 1-15 season and 8 years after a 4-12 season, you are staring another possible 2-14 or 1-15 again?
How does it feel in your gut every sunday watching a game thinking "Gosh! I hope we can beat the Browns." when you remember knowing "We are going to beat the S%*t out of the Browns"?
Lastly, how does it feel to watch teams like Tampa Bay, the Lions, the rams, and the bills make all the right moves and improve each year, only to watch the dolphins FO repeatedly screw up and get worst?
How does it feel to flip on Sunday Ticket and go throught games and see every stadium packed and then see our empty?

Can you deal with that for another 5-15 years?no one is saying that its not tough to be a dolphin fan these days. Trust me, its real tough.

The thing is though, you gotta stick through your teams through the thick and thin. you cant just jump ships when it starts sinking and climb back on when it goes back up.

at least your lucky enough to have been around to witness the glory days of shula/ marino, where it was fun to watch the fins. at least you got to see a team be playoff and superbowl contenders year in and year out, and witnessed them win a few superbowls and play in them.

i have only witnessed crap so far as a dolphin fan. However, i will never change teams as long as i live no matter how far we sink.

MadDog 88
09-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Even though I am pissed and at a point I want change through an abysmal season, I still love my Dolphins and every season hope for the start of a dynasty only to be disappointed time and time again. But I have always followed the Lions from a distance because of growing up in Detroit and having many friends and family who are fans of theirs. It's great to see them happy about their team after 40 years of futility. You damn well better believe I am watching them close and on that bandwagon.

THE ROAR IS RESTORED!!!

R_t_Kraken
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
No Fins fan has ever rooted for the Bills unless it was to help their chance at the playoffs. You're just a troll as far as I'm concerned.

armyphin
09-21-2011, 01:40 PM
My question is why the Bills? They aren't winning this weekend. Just jump on the Patriots bandwagon for another 5 years of winning bliss. Miami *might* be relevant by then. :) <-- just kidding, luv my fins, sink or swim.

zachblitz54
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm 54 years old and have been a fan for 42 years and I would never think of abandoning this team

Having gone through the tough times only make the good times
that much better

I doubt if the thread starter would have seen that undefeated season in 1972 or had the privilege of watching a game in the Orange Bowl or watching Don Shula and the Dan Marino show
would turn his back on this amazing franchise

Will I be pissed off like the majority of people here on finheaven?
YES ...
but I will never ever turn my back on this franchise....NEVER

Exactly Iron. Using the old Harley Davidson riders quote "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand". You just bleed aqua and orange no matter what.

Thumper1016
09-21-2011, 01:57 PM
These threads are annoying announcing they are leaving the band wagon. I mean are we supposed to beg them to stay?? GTFO.

Built2Win
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
LOL i have had the worse of both worlds
grew up a Bengals fan witnessed the Bengals make the super-bowel once
only to get outgunned by Joe Montana.
Still it was fun watching icky woods and james brooks..
I wasn't born a dolphin fan when i moved to Miami as a teenager
i got to see marino play in his later years Marino had that look in his eye
that im gonna **** down your throat
Marino had that fire that passion for the game.
Marino hated losing and thought he should win
Miami misses this killer instinct that marino possessed
It is if now they lose it is no big deal it is just a game..
How can fans take a team seriously if it doesn't care about winning?
:crazy:

zach8111
09-21-2011, 02:20 PM

spoken from the words of a true dolphins fan.... NOT! we dont need these kind of fans anyways

BigFin
09-21-2011, 03:20 PM
LOL i have had the worse of both worlds
grew up a Bengals fan witnessed the Bengals make the super-bowel once
only to get outgunned by Joe Montana.
Still it was fun watching icky woods and james brooks..
I wasn't born a dolphin fan when i moved to Miami as a teenager
i got to see marino play in his later years Marino had that look in his eye
that im gonna **** down your throat
Marino had that fire that passion for the game.
Marino hated losing and thought he should win
Miami misses this killer instinct that marino possessed
It is if now they lose it is no big deal it is just a game..
How can fans take a team seriously if it doesn't care about winning?
:crazy:

Yes. Thank you. I miss that look and that fire. Someone asked why the Bills. Well the truth is it just happen to be the team on my mind at the time I started this post. I could have said the lions or the bucks, or even the 49ers. My point is that I cannot stand by and blindly root for a team that repeatedly and continuosly makes stupid mistakes in both personnel moves and gameday decisions. I want to see some accountabiliy on this team and make the right moves to improve this team.

matt11390
09-21-2011, 03:22 PM

Are you serious? If you are then too bad for you.

kellyh3034
09-21-2011, 03:43 PM

Come on Rob Ryan or Cowher. C Ya

SuperBowlDream
09-21-2011, 04:19 PM
My thoughts exactly, been a fan since I moved to Florida in 70, will always root for the Phins no matter how good or bad things go. Can not and will not root for another team, ever. Doesn't mean I won't have preferences of one team over another in certain games, but root for? No way in hell.

Ross should hire you two guys as Coach & GM...Thats the problem in MIA...They obviously do not care about restoring pride to this franchise near as much as you do.

finfan54
09-21-2011, 04:20 PM

hey thanks there skippy 41 posts.

jason_taylor
09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I totally get the OP. I am actually happy for the Bills and since the Phins are going nowhere, I'm rooting for the Bills to win the Division THIS YEAR. There is no point in rooting for victories for the Phish as it only hurts us going foward. There is always next year.

and the next year ,and the next year, and the next year , and the next year ,and the next year .....................

endorPHINS72
09-21-2011, 04:33 PM
The only things I'm rooting for now are: 1) Sparano fired 2) Ireland Fired 3) Competent GM/coach combo hired 4) Secure the #1 pick in the draft and pick Andrew Luck

If those five things happen, much better days are ahead for the Dolphins in several years.

Jdiddy8four
09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
I think these people care about as much as if me and my 50 posts decided to root for the Jets.

See ya!

AphexPhin
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
lmao of all the teams you pick to root for other than the Fins...you pick the pathetic Bills???:lol2:

endorPHINS72
09-21-2011, 04:40 PM

Sparano are Ireland suck but that's no reason to jump ship and go to the division rival who happens to be doing well at the moment. If you are a Dolphins fan, you stick with them through thick and thin.

72champagne
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
sabres, yes. bills, hell no.

jfleag61
09-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Are you FROM upstate NY?? Look, I'm from PA., and I keep on eye on the eagles, but the Dolphins are my team. Sure it's been pretty tough the last couple (10) years, but it's not like this team is 4-12 every year. If you are going to jump ship to another team within the division, you'd be better off with the Pats....this Bills thing won't last.

Oh, and good riddance.

rainmaker1313
09-21-2011, 05:34 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

semperkillz
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
While I am extremely mad and dissaponted with the fins and wan them to lose so we could land luck I still will never cheer for another team. The dolphins, heat, marlins are the teams I grew up watching and I will never cheer for another team. I might not spend money on the team but I will never just jump to another team. Just my opinion, however I can undersand people rooting for another team if they have another team where they live. I live in Miami so there is no other choice for me...I just have to live or die with this team.

BSQ
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
It's a long season and we're only two games in. Things can change in a hurry and I'm going to root for my Dolphins as hard as I can the way I always have. Once we beat Cleveland things will look better.

C l u t c H 385
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM

So...is there any way a fair weather ***** *** "fan" can do so without being referred to as such? No.

Clipse
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
You won't be missed.

Akronfinfan36
09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm wired to be a Dolphin fan. They're the only team I've ever followed and cared about. I am willing to be miserable until this franchise starts heading in the right direction.

Anyone who 'changes' teams is an utter loser.

DolphinChamps
09-21-2011, 06:57 PM
make sure to drop back in when the bills are 6 - 10.. a win against kc and oakland LMAO they are headed in the right direction and are sure to compete for the division this year :3w: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok im done

FinzFanGal
09-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Get lost.

I hate Ross, Sparano & Ireland, but the Dolphins are my team. I can't root for anyone else, especially the Bills, Pats or for sure not the Jests.

FinzFanGal
09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
To the OP. How about asking a Cubs fan if they would trade their Cub fandom for another team ? They would laugh you out ! You stay with your team through thick & thin !

GO FINS !

vt_dolfan
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
A true Phins fan would NEVER jump ship. R u kidding me? If a team is ur passion, u cant choose to root for another team, unless ur team folds or moves.

Phinatic8u
09-21-2011, 07:06 PM

Jump ship? :lol:. Dont take a sport you dont play so serious. On Sundays im serious about the dolphins. Monday thru Saturday is have job, a family, and toys to havr fun with. I come here because i have a good time talking with other fans about my favorite team. But never will i let the Dolphins affect my personal life nor will I let a bad coach come before my team.

Danny
09-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Jump ship? :lol:. Dont take a sport you dont play so serious. On Sundays im serious about the dolphins. Monday thru Saturday is have job, a family, and toys to havr fun with. I come here because i have a good time talking with other fans about my favorite team. But never will i let the Dolphins affect my personal life nor will I let a bad coach come before my team.
I have to agree here. I will always root for our Dolphins win or lose but priorities are set on my life. God, family and my job which helps with everything.When I was younger my whole week would suck if we lost a game.....now I let it go.

Ozzy rules!!

Kistner10
09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Peace out guy, you won't be missed and I can't wait for the Fins to kick your new team's *** this year!!!

CedarPhin
09-21-2011, 08:19 PM
The way I look at this is:

It's like politics. Sure, you may disagree, or even hate the idiots (whichever bunch) is in charge, but you're no less of a "fan" if you disagree with something or are hands over fist in love with it. They're still the Miami Dolphins, just like it's still the USA. I'll love the team and love the country as much as I want, but that doesn't mean that I can't disagree with whomever is in charge at this particular point in time.

Disagree with the wars? Disagree with spending policy? That's great, but it still doesn't make you any less of an "American" than someone who may love both of them, or like one and hate the other. It's your right to piss and moan about the team, or talk about how great it is.

Sure, Ireland is a jackass, and Sparano's an idiot on the sideline, and Ross is like the nerd in HS who finally has it all, but I still love the Dolphins. I like their tradition, their uniforms, logo, whathaveyou else, I just don't like the idiots in charge, and haven't liked the idiots in charge since Jimmy Johnson's latter days here. I won't go and like a different team though just because the Dolphins suck. If they move to LA? Yeah, I probably will. But if they're just mediocre and whatever else? They're still my team. If I didn't quit after 1-15 in 2007, nothing will make me quit.

So if you hate something the regime in power does, that's your right. If you absolutely love something they do, that's your right too.

buttonwood
09-21-2011, 11:04 PM

We dont need you anyways, if you cant handle the struggle you wont deserve to celebrate when we finally get back to the top.

Phins28
09-21-2011, 11:13 PM
The Bills?? WTF?? :lol:

ry-dbar
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Sparano are Ireland suck but that's no reason to jump ship and go to the division rival who happens to be doing well at the moment. If you are a Dolphins fan, you stick with them through thick and thin.

I wish I could stick with the Phins tjrough the thick. It's just been almost all thin of late.

PHANTASTIC13
09-21-2011, 11:43 PM
The dude ought to be banned from this site...what a freakin' turncoat...goodbye and good riddance!!! HASTA LA VISTA BABY!!!

BARF
09-21-2011, 11:45 PM
i will root for another 2-0 team, the lions, jk

Sarnics13
09-22-2011, 08:20 AM
If you haven't gathered it by now the guy isn't going to be a Bills fan. He just wanted to stir up a big thread count. I will say though it's the first positive thread I've seen in a couple weeks. I counted more than 20 posts from people who have been negative CONSTANTLY about the team jumping up and bashing someone for leaving. Funny how that works.

Genius thread my friend, just genius!!

VontaeD21
09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
It is genius! Put it into perspective,folks! It's bringing a "stick with it" attitude. We'll turn it around!

jtoomuch
09-22-2011, 10:22 AM

Come on Rob Ryan or Cowher. Go blank yourself.

Bumpus
09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
I believe the people have spoken.

Now, GTFO!

This is now headed for the depths, where the OP may be properly ridiculed. :up:

BigFin
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Anyone wanna join me now?

PHANTASTIC13
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Anyone wanna join me now?Oh hell no!!1 0-4 in the Super Bowl is far worse than 0-3 during the regular season and should be a record Bills fans can relate to.