PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins to Fire Tony Sparano as early as Monday

Dolph N.Fan
09-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Citing sources familiar with the team’s front office, Miami Dolphin’s owner Stephen Ross will fire coach Tony Sparano as early as Monday. After the Dolphins embarrassing loss to the Cleveland Browns Sunday, this was not unexpected. Dolphins are starting 0-3 in spite of strong showings from quarterback Chad Henne.As you know Stephen Ross tried to hire Jim Harbaugh from Stanford in the off season, but the deal fell through. While letting Sparano hang on till this season, most analysts of the NFL know that was basically the kiss of death for Sparano. Sources tell me that Ross has been actively looking for a coaching replacement since week two when the Dolphins lost yet another home game to the Houston Texans.
Likely candidates are Bill Cowher, CBS NFL analyst and former Pittsburg Steelers coach, or Jon Gruden who now works for ESPN and covers Monday Night Football. Ross needs a solid winner and big name coach in order to improve disappointing ticket sales.

http://macsmind.com/wordpress/2011/09/25/dolphins-to-fire-tony-sparano-as-early-as-monday/

Don't know how reliable this guy is...lol Mr. Sparano, how many fist pumps from you does it take to get you to the center of an unemployment line?

JCane
09-26-2011, 05:15 AM
This is 100% accurate.

We all know that Tony Sparano will eventually be fired.

Being that today is obviously the most current day in the world, this is the earliest day in which Tony Sparano can be fired.

Oh this cleverly worded article here.

:lol: :lol:

Arsenal WV
09-26-2011, 05:16 AM
I sure hope it is indeed today

Mike54
09-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Let it wait till the end of the season! Ross and Co made their bed now lye in it!.....For now

SpaceMountain16
09-26-2011, 06:12 AM
I think the bye week makes the most sense honestly. But whatever it takes.

JCane
09-26-2011, 06:14 AM
We need to KEEP Tony Sparano until the end of the season.

After being on the boards now for hours it seems that OVER 90% of you have embraced the "Suck for Luck" method...yet you want to get rid of Sparano because of the one thing he's doing right.

sixzero
09-26-2011, 06:21 AM
WOw... I don't know what to say. We have been bad for such a long time... I never thought we would be in the same conversation w/ the embarrassing franchises in the NFL. I've been in denial for a long time but we are definitely one of those teams and have been for some time. Good bye Tony and Good luck.

fin-atic
09-26-2011, 06:23 AM
This is NOT a credible source. It is an obvious attempt to try and get traffic to their own personal site.

jlfin
09-26-2011, 06:58 AM
We need to KEEP Tony Sparano until the end of the season.

After being on the boards now for hours it seems that OVER 90% of you have embraced the "Suck for Luck" method...yet you want to get rid of Sparano because of the one thing he's doing right.

Exactly. Let Sparano finish the job he started. When you get an interim coach sometimes it provides a temporary jolt of energy (A la Jim Bates) and do just enough to get you nowhere.

Shotgun Blues
09-26-2011, 07:34 AM
No way Cowher or Gruden takes over this mess mid season.

WeVie
09-26-2011, 07:45 AM
No way Gruden or Cowher takes over after the season either, here or anywhere else. I keep saying it. Just watch.

jason_taylor
09-26-2011, 09:38 AM
no way cowher or gruden takes over this mess mid season.

imo nor do they come here with ireland still here as peckerhead up on top operations.

jason_taylor
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
No way Gruden or Cowher takes over after the season either, here or anywhere else. I keep saying it. Just watch.

IMO I THINK Cowher will because he said last year he wanted bk in coaching if the right job was ava. and he went on to say that the jobs ,in this order that he would like to come bk to coaching was #1 Giants, #2,Miami ,#3 Houston, this was said last year so imo yeah i see Cowher , or Gruden either one coming here Gruden was in the broadcast booth against the Texans ,and was slobbering out the mouth saying what he would do diffrent if he was in Miami .but imo dont leave fisher out because , i would like Cowher ,Fisher, then Gruden in that order.

NRA
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM
No way Cowher or Gruden takes over this mess mid season.

FIRST OFF, cowher isnt coming here under ANY circumstances. he was very vocal about never working for an organization that would do what ross did with the whole harbaugh thing. he wont work for ross so its a moot point. chuckie? i like him, but, it seems his teams tire of him VERY quickly.

why is JEFF FISHERS name not at the top with these two in all these new coach conversations? anyhow....... .

WHY would a coach want to come in now? it gives them a HUGE jump on team knowledge. he gets to know the players, the staff, the game plans, etc.... all under game circumstances and not sifting through endless amounts of film and hear say from staff and players at seasons end. i dont think folks are realizing how much work a coach and staff have on their plate at seasons end. de briefing the previous season, evaluations of players, staff and philosophy. getting prepared for the draft and free agency, etc......

now throw in a new coach who has to learn all about his new team while dealing with all the other things i mentioned!

when they asked dave wanstedt what was the key to his success after his 11-5 inaugural year, he said BEING HERE early helped him get a HUGE leg up on what was happening with the team. he didnt have to come in cold and be hit with all of the responsabilities and analysis in the face with little to no knowledge of the team. he got to know the players, the staff and got an early read on the pulse of the team.

and that is one of the reasons i am ALL FOR sparano being fired now and not later. its not that it will save our season as the ireland/sparano bafoonery is in place and cant be dealt with untill seasons end. but, IT WILL HELP OUR NEW COACH immensely getting in early and that is what we need. the coach will have his plan in place at seasons end and can hit the ground running.

NRA
09-26-2011, 12:20 PM
JAYSON_TAYLOR:

cowher mentioned miami as a spot BEFORE the harbaugh thing happened.

after that happened he said he could never work for an organization that would operate that way. miami is off his list as long as ross is the owner.

NRA
09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
JAYSON_TAYLOR:

cowher mentioned miami as a spot BEFORE the harbaugh thing happened.

after that happened he said he could never work for an organization that would operate that way. miami is off his list as long as ross is the owner.