PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

KDog13
10-15-2011, 03:38 PM
This Sunday, saw the preview.....looks ****ing intense.

Can't wait to talk about season 2 with my fellow Zombie Finheaven members!

PhinsPhan11
10-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I saw the preview, but haven't watched the first season. Is it worth watching?

KDog13
10-15-2011, 11:19 PM
I saw the preview, but haven't watched the first season. Is it worth watching?

The first season was awesome, i'd watch it if I were you.

KDog13
10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Almost done with the first episode of season 1, pretty interesting start. The 20 commercials I have seen though are really annoying. Anyone else catch it? If not it comes on again at 10:30 on AMC

Wildbill3
10-16-2011, 10:30 PM
i'm a big fan of the comic, I only buy the collected editions so that I can read a bunch in one sitting. pretty good show well worth tivo'n so you can ff through the comercials.

WeVie
10-20-2011, 09:37 PM
This show is amazing. I love it. I download the whole series of comics but I have only gotten through a few of them.

Wildbill3
10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
This show is amazing. I love it. I download the whole series of comics but I have only gotten through a few of them.send me the links in a pm?

KDog13
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Dam the third episode looks like ****s going to get real. BTW, does anyone watch that after show, Talking Dead?

Locke
10-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Loved the comics. Like Bill, I only buy the hardback editions that come with 3 trades. I'm interested on how closely the show is going to follow the book's storyline. The first episode was almost a box-for-box replica of the book, then they started to follow the basic storyline, but changed up the characters and events a little bit. AMC is becoming a pretty good channel for dramas...

Valandui
10-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Loved the comics. Like Bill, I only buy the hardback editions that come with 3 trades. I'm interested on how closely the show is going to follow the book's storyline. The first episode was almost a box-for-box replica of the book, then they started to follow the basic storyline, but changed up the characters and events a little bit. AMC is becoming a pretty good channel for dramas...
Definitely. Between that, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad, they're pretty set.

Wildbill3
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Loved the comics. Like Bill, I only buy the hardback editions that come with 3 trades. I'm interested on how closely the show is going to follow the book's storyline. The first episode was almost a box-for-box replica of the book, then they started to follow the basic storyline, but changed up the characters and events a little bit. AMC is becoming a pretty good channel for dramas...well it doesn't look like they are following the book much if at all at this point in time, which is good too, because things that work in comic books don't always translate to live action (see wolverines comic book boots....)

Locke
10-27-2011, 11:46 AM
well it doesn't look like they are following the book much if at all at this point in time, which is good too, because things that work in comic books don't always translate to live action (see wolverines comic book boots....)

Plus, they need to surprise everyone, not just the people who haven't read the graphic novels. I'll be interested in seeing if they include The Prison and their run-in with The Governor. Some pretty intense and gruesome stuff. I don't mind them veering off of the story, but I would like to see major events like that included in the show...

tylerdolphin
10-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Whats starting to nother me is that they dont have a really compelling character. They could seriously kill anyone except Daryl and I wouldnt give a ****. He is probably the closest thing to interesting on the cast. I mean, I keep watching for the violence and zombies, but this show could be much better. The premise is pretty much carrying the show now. Not sure how much longer it can though.

Wildbill3
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Whats starting to nother me is that they dont have a really compelling character. They could seriously kill anyone except Daryl and I wouldnt give a ****. He is probably the closest thing to interesting on the cast. I mean, I keep watching for the violence and zombies, but this show could be much better. The premise is pretty much carrying the show now. Not sure how much longer it can though.well its easy to like daryl and he's easily the biggest name star on the show, he wasn't even in the comic as far as I know. What you have to remember is that the premise of the walking dead isn't what superheroic people would do in the face of a zombie apocolypse, its what would an average man/woman/child do? certainly in that case the situation itself would be more interesting than the people involved. heck the most interesting scenes are the ones that actually have zombies in them. You're right i'm not sure how long they can keep it up, heck resident evil (the games) would get boring fast if all they had was zombies, in fact in the game they have super zombies, lickers, tyrants etc to add to the excitement because zombies alone get boring, see a zombie? shoot it in the head right? see a bunch of them? run... but point is you know how to deal with them and eventually it'll become forumlaic and boring.

tylerdolphin
10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
well its easy to like daryl and he's easily the biggest name star on the show, he wasn't even in the comic as far as I know. What you have to remember is that the premise of the walking dead isn't what superheroic people would do in the face of a zombie apocolypse, its what would an average man/woman/child do? certainly in that case the situation itself would be more interesting than the people involved. heck the most interesting scenes are the ones that actually have zombies in them. You're right i'm not sure how long they can keep it up, heck resident evil (the games) would get boring fast if all they had was zombies, in fact in the game they have super zombies, lickers, tyrants etc to add to the excitement because zombies alone get boring, see a zombie? shoot it in the head right? see a bunch of them? run... but point is you know how to deal with them and eventually it'll become forumlaic and boring.

Yea, I get the normal people thing, but to me theres never any interesting dialogue or anything. Compare it to other AMC shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men and the acting and writing just isnt as good IMO.

KDog13
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Apparently strong ratings so far paved the way for a 3rd season :woot:

KDog13
10-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Dam, great episode...kind of upset about Otis though...**** got real atm.

tylerdolphin
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
That well scene is a perfect example of how this show could be so much better. They have 5 wells and a zombie is in one. To any sane, rational person, the best thing to do in that situation is just kill the SOB and close off that well. A zombie has been pissing, sweating and oozing into that well for God knows how long. Youre really going to risk getting one of your few able bodied men's legs bitten off to try pull a zombie out the well? Then what? Its then cool to drink the zombie ooze water? Plus you got the Asian moving up about 1 inch for every 4 feet of rope they pull, which was kinda funny. Dont even get me started on the zombies or lack thereof. One all episode. Instead we get to watch them look for some mentally retarded girl thats been lost for like 4 episodes now. Awesome.

I really could forgive them for the ****ty plot if there were more action this season. Season one was good because there was always something going on. Now, they just sit and chill in their magic farm that zombies mysteriously cant find, burn electricity and take hot showers without huge diesel supplies, search for a girl I wish would turn up dead and cry about some kid that got shot that I really dont care about. Give me zombies dammit. Move the plot along. Do something instead sitting in a magic farm.

/rant

KDog13
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
That well scene is a perfect example of how this show could be so much better. They have 5 wells and a zombie is in one. To any sane, rational person, the best thing to do in that situation is just kill the SOB and close off that well. A zombie has been pissing, sweating and oozing into that well for God knows how long. Youre really going to risk getting one of your few able bodied men's legs bitten off to try pull a zombie out the well? Then what? Its then cool to drink the zombie ooze water? Plus you got the Asian moving up about 1 inch for every 4 feet of rope they pull, which was kinda funny. Dont even get me started on the zombies or lack thereof. One all episode. Instead we get to watch them look for some mentally retarded girl thats been lost for like 4 episodes now. Awesome.

I really could forgive them for the ****ty plot if there were more action this season. Season one was good because there was always something going on. Now, they just sit and chill in their magic farm that zombies mysteriously cant find, burn electricity and take hot showers without huge diesel supplies, search for a girl I wish would turn up dead and cry about some kid that got shot that I really dont care about. Give me zombies dammit. Move the plot along. Do something instead sitting in a magic farm.

/rant

I'm hoping for that house to get ransacked by zombies soon, just for **** to get real

BobDole
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
this season has been slow so far. scenes dragging on, lots of filler, not enough zombies, too many cliffhangers that need to be wrapped up (man and son that found him in the first episode, merl, him finding out about his wife banging his best friend - which apparently she got pregnant from, little girl lost for how long now?, etc..) they need to wrap some of that **** up - no need to overcomplicate a show about a zombie apocalypse.

there needs to be way more zombie killing and less unfinished story lines for that show to last. i hope it does - big fan of that show - and pretty much anything zombie related.

Wildbill3
11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure what the budget on the show is, but surely that has something to do with the lack of zombies so far.

Gonzo
11-12-2011, 01:42 PM
The school episode was fantastic. That's about it though. I think Shane is the most compelling character outside of the one that is coming back: Merle.

I agree that they need to stop with this hunt for the girl **** though. Find her dead or alive and get this ball rolling again before people stop caring. It's starting to remind me of Heroes. So much promise, so poorly executed.

Gonzo
11-13-2011, 11:06 PM
So, theories on where the dumb little girl went that they're spending an entire season on? My guess is she's found her way to Penn State. She's done. Time for them to move on.

WeVie
11-14-2011, 03:28 AM
There is no way in hell anyone would keep looking for a girl like that. It's way past time to move the story along.

KDog13
11-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Only thing that got me interested in that episode was glenn finding the zombies in that barn, and like a prophet spoke (me)... I still hope that house gets ransacked so **** can get real. Also the farmers daughter id do

tylerdolphin
11-14-2011, 05:09 AM
So, theories on where the dumb little girl went that they're spending an entire season on? My guess is she's found her way to Penn State. She's done. Time for them to move on.

Shes female, so she stands a chance IMO.

WeVie
11-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Only thing that got me interested in that episode was glenn finding the zombies in that barn, and like a prophet spoke (me)... I still hope that house gets ransacked so **** can get real. Also the farmers daughter id do

I would also but I have to say, I was very surprised to see a couple of zits on her back.

tylerdolphin
11-14-2011, 11:02 AM
That little whore needs to hurry up and turn up dead so they can actually do something.

Also this show is proof positive that if you have women in your apocalypse survival party, you really need to smack them around and put them in their place. God damn these women are stupid.

Gonzo
11-14-2011, 04:10 PM
That little whore needs to hurry up and turn up dead so they can actually do something.

Also this show is proof positive that if you have women in your apocalypse survival party, you really need to smack them around and put them in their place. God damn these women are stupid.Seriously, women mess up all of my favorite shows. The best scene ever in Dexter was:

when he found his wife dead in the tub. She was annoying as ****.

The same goes for season one of 24.

That being said, I wish they would introduce one big exception, Michonne:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/11/Issue_19-1.jpg

Vaark
11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I should try to get around to starting this show, eh? Well at least after I catch up on this season's Boardwalk Empire whenever that'll be.

Gonzo
11-14-2011, 04:23 PM
I should try to get around to starting this show, eh? Well at least after I catch up on this season's Boardwalk Empire whenever that'll be.Watch season 1. It was awesome and can stand alone. At this point, I can't recommend season 2.

Vaark
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Watch season 1. It was awesome and can stand alone. At this point, I can't recommend season 2.

I only recently discovered "Weeds" .. it's ****ing hysterical and need to work my way through that whole series before starting anything else that's new.

Gonzo
11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I only recently discovered "Weeds" .. it's ****ing hysterical and need to work my way through that whole series before starting anything else that's new.It's right after I catch up on CYE.

Vaark
11-14-2011, 07:58 PM
CYE for me is the funniest tv show ever. I can watch episodes 5X and still LMAO.

tylerdolphin
11-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Breaking Bad is easily the GOAT show and a must watch for anyone.

Also, Im thinking I need to start a Homeland thread. New show thats VERY good. Quickly climbing my ranks of favorite shows and is firmly in the "must watch" category.

And BTW Vaark, I finished Arrested Development. No idea how I never watched it before. That series, especially season 2, brought some serious LULZ. Favorite quote:
Michael to Gob: Get rid of the Seaward
Lucille : Ill leave when Im good and ready

:sidelol:

Gonzo
11-14-2011, 11:27 PM

Also, Im thinking I need to start a Homeland thread. New show thats VERY good. Quickly climbing my ranks of favorite shows and is firmly in the "must watch" category.

And BTW Vaark, I finished Arrested Development. No idea how I never watched it before. That series, especially season 2, brought some serious LULZ. Favorite quote:

:sidelol:AD sets the bar for every comedy I watch, and it's sky high.

Wildbill3
11-15-2011, 12:08 AM
ok if you guys aren't onboard with the season after last nights show I dont' know what to tell you. they added one of the more horrifing elements of the comic in it, which I must say I wondered if they would two episodes ago. I was also watching the talking dead, and I get the feeling that we'll be seeing someone's brother at some point this season.

Vaark
11-15-2011, 12:12 AM

:sidelol:

AD is definitely one of the funniest, but IMO it's still looking up to CYE. You should check out a season or 2 of Curb if you haven't as of yet.

tylerdolphin
11-15-2011, 12:31 AM
ok if you guys aren't onboard with the season after last nights show I dont' know what to tell you. they added one of the more horrifing elements of the comic in it, which I must say I wondered if they would two episodes ago. I was also watching the talking dead, and I get the feeling that we'll be seeing someone's brother at some point this season.

Still not impressed. This episode was better, but the bar was pretty low. Next episode has potential depending on where they go with it, but I have zero faith in the writers. They have been treating us like idiots all season IMO. This review pretty much sums up the plot:

http://videogum.com/413492/the-walking-dead-s02e05-ever-done-in-it-a-hayloft/tv/recaps/

I stay for the zombies and the comically bad acting and writing. And faith that it will return to season 1 levels.

BobDole
11-15-2011, 01:00 AM
this season has been depressingly slow. it's gotten to the point where i'm watching just to see which i characters get killed off that i hate - sophia included at this point. andrea needs to die and quick. daryl is the only thing keeping me watching as of right now. WAY too much lame drama. next episode looks promising though ...

Gonzo
11-15-2011, 01:10 AM
ok if you guys aren't onboard with the season after last nights show I dont' know what to tell you. they added one of the more horrifing elements of the comic in it, which I must say I wondered if they would two episodes ago. I was also watching the talking dead, and I get the feeling that we'll be seeing someone's brother at some point this season.They could have introduced it then instead of pissing everybody off with filler episodes. I know exactly what you're talking about and it's crazy that the show is only just now getting up to this point. At this rate, will we see the Prison in season 18?

That's what frustrates me the most about it. There's been about 3 episodes this season that I could have done without completely. They could have ran with the 1st episode, the episode where they go to the school, and an entire episode of Daryl wandering around the woods killing hanging zombies and squirrels, and it would have been awesome.

Speaking of Merle, they have a lifelike wax sculpture of him in the AMC building here with him handcuffed to a potted plant in the lobby. Amazing.

KDog13
11-25-2011, 02:19 AM
I'm interested to see what goes down at the Barn next episode.....I'd burn that motha down

tylerdolphin
11-25-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm interested to see what goes down at the Barn next episode.....I'd burn that motha down

Im more interested in another episode of searching for Sophia IMO.

Gonzo
11-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Im more interested in another episode of searching for Sophia IMO.http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/11/464ec_dale_eyes-1.jpg

tylerdolphin
11-25-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/11/464ec_dale_eyes-1.jpg

http://videogum.com/419182/the-walking-dead-s02e06-everyone-gets-their-honks-honked/tv/recaps/

Must read. :lol:

Gonzo
11-25-2011, 09:40 AM
http://videogum.com/419182/the-walking-dead-s02e06-everyone-gets-their-honks-honked/tv/recaps/

Must read. :lol:Love his reviews of this retarded show that I can't stop watching.

tylerdolphin
11-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Love his reviews of this retarded show that I can't stop watching.

I am at the point where I watch just so I can read the reviews and be in on the jokes.

Gonzo
11-25-2011, 10:01 AM
I am at the point where I watch just so I can read the reviews and be in on the jokes.We've started a drinking game, which doesn't include anything about zombies, because we actually want to drink.

Two examples:

Shot of Jameson when Dale gives the Dale-eyes.

Chug a beer when Grimes looks in over his head and panicky.

KDog13
11-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Im more interested in another episode of searching for Sophia IMO.

Everytime they look for her, I just think they are looking for food or something. I've actually replaced Sophia with food.

Gonzo
11-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Everytime they look for her, I just think they are looking for food or something. I've actually replaced Sophia with food.I hope she's a zombie and just wipes them all out.

I bet she's been in the Winnebego the whole ****ing time. "Oh hai. Just having a tea party."

Walking Dead Season 3: Season 2 as seen from Sophia's POV in the Winnebego. Can't wait.

KDog13
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I hope she's a zombie and just wipes them all out.

I bet she's been in the Winnebego the whole ****ing time. "Oh hai. Just having a tea party."

Walking Dead Season 3: Season 2 as seen from Sophia's POV in the Winnebego. Can't wait.

Lol, that be funny.....watch she's in the barn.

KDog13
11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Well 7 minutes away until they look for some fruit for the 100th day it seems like

KDog13
11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Lol, that be funny.....watch she's in the barn.

Holy ****!

BobDole
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Holy ****!

good call. as soon as shane opened that door with like 7 minutes left in the episode i knew she'd be in there.

last few episodes have at least been entertaining. solid enough to keep people interested at least. andrea still needs to die horribly though.

Wildbill3
11-28-2011, 01:02 AM
good call. as soon as shane opened that door with like 7 minutes left in the episode i knew she'd be in there.

last few episodes have at least been entertaining. solid enough to keep people interested at least. andrea still needs to die horribly though.well by this point shane should be dead and sophia should've lived a long time... so if nothing else they certainly are trying to seperate the show from the comic book even further.

tylerdolphin
11-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Best episode so far. About time someone flipped the **** out and started killing zombies.

Gonzo
11-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Much better than any of the other episodes this season, minus the trip to the school. Unfortunately, judging from the previews for the rest of the season, looks like we get more of the farm...dear god.

tylerdolphin
11-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Much better than any of the other episodes this season, minus the trip to the school. Unfortunately, judging from the previews for the rest of the season, looks like we get more of the farm...dear god.

I hope zombies overrun the farm and kill everyone except Daryl and Glenn. Maybe keep Maggie around if she agrees to show her ****.

WeVie
11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
They finally give us a good episode and then make us wait over two months before another one comes on. What the hell!

KDog13
11-29-2011, 07:49 PM
The last episode set up so much **** now for every character....I can't wait till Feb.

Tru Balla
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Can't wait for this to come back on!

KDog13
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
This sunday, it's back.........................

Valandui
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM
This sunday, it's back.........................
I can't wait to read the dude ripping into it afterwards. Way better than the show itself.

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Just heard a rumor that Dave Navarro will be guest starring in this episode. It may be a mix up though because I know he's on that stupid aftershow. Man, I can't wait to read the review on monday.

That being said, as bad as the second season has been, I almost want to buy the blu-ray for the special edition McFarlane case:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/p_pt_wdtv2_dvd_case_051-1.jpg

More pictures:
http://iamrickgrimesmissinghand.tumblr.com/

Vaark
02-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Tyler The ThirdWorld Terrorist has deterred me from checking this show out at all. :idk:

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Tyler The ThirdWorld Terrorist has deterred me from checking this show out at all. :idk:Season One, follow the terrorists. Season Two should get the bin Laden treatment.

tylerdolphin
02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Tyler The ThirdWorld Terrorist has deterred me from checking this show out at all. :idk:

Watch season 1, proceed to pretend it got cancelled after that. Season 2 is worth watching only if you get a kick out of laughably horrible TV and hilarious reviews after the episodes. I literally LOLed multiple times at just how utterly stupid the happenings of season 2 were.

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Watch season 1, proceed to pretend it got cancelled after that. Season 2 is worth watching only if you get a kick out of laughably horrible TV and hilarious reviews after the episodes. I literally LOLed multiple times at just how utterly stupid the happenings of season 2 were.Same reason I'll be watching tonight, with a good amount of alcohol. If you want to stay sober, make a drinking game for the number of times Dale blinks.

tylerdolphin
02-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Same reason I'll be watching tonight, with a good amount of alcohol. If you want to stay sober, make a drinking game for the number of times Dale blinks.

Or take a drink when you see a zombie.

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Or take a drink when you see a zombie.I think the twist ending is that they are all zombies, which would explain the acting.

tylerdolphin
02-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Maybe everyone except Shane. He seems to be the only one of the bunch able to use critical thinking.

Gonzo
02-13-2012, 12:21 AM
So, zombie count? I had two, each lasting for about 5 seconds.

Gonzo
02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Oh, and I saw no blinks. Not one.

Valandui
02-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Maybe everyone except Shane. He seems to be the only one of the bunch able to use critical thinking.
Daryl does too, but it comes sporadically.

Gonzo
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Daryl does too, but it comes sporadically.At least he finally realized his error in looking for that little ***** every day. Coming to his senses.

tylerdolphin
02-14-2012, 05:52 AM
So that retarded ***** decides its a good idea and totally necessary to go in behind Rick so she can bring him back safely while he is bringing Herschel back safely. Or something like that. Do these people EVER do anything logical?

tylerdolphin
02-14-2012, 06:11 AM
On that exact same note, Lori decides that within seconds, SECONDS of Grimes and Glen leaving that she needs them to bring Herschel back as if that wasn’t the whole point of them going to find Herschel in the first place, but so now she decides to go after them after she just yelled at Grimes not to always be going after people? WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON HERE? Let’s have one person on this show be mildly consistent in their actions and motivations. (Admittedly, Lori does try to get Daryl to go after them first, but Daryl refuses because even Daryl knows that THIS IS LORI’S DUMBEST IDEA YET. Also that stick ain’t gonna sharpen itself!) Lori gets in a car, pulls out of the driveway, and IMMEDIATELY flips the car over into a ditch. AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

http://videogum.com/470882/the-walking-dead-s02e08-they-just-kept-coming/tv/recaps/
(http://videogum.com/470882/the-walking-dead-s02e08-they-just-kept-coming/tv/recaps/)
:lol:

Valandui
02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
http://videogum.com/470882/the-walking-dead-s02e08-they-just-kept-coming/tv/recaps/
(http://videogum.com/470882/the-walking-dead-s02e08-they-just-kept-coming/tv/recaps/)

I loved this.

I didn’t watch the trailer for the upcoming season of episodes, so it’s all very exciting I’m sure, but let me make an educated guess: the two men that Grimes killed in the bar didn’t have any friends and there are no repercussions for what Grimes did and Shane decides to calm down and the farm has a bumper crop this year and Lori climbs out of the car miraculously unscathed and names her new baby John Connor. The End?

Gonzo
02-14-2012, 09:06 AM
So that retarded ***** decides its a good idea and totally necessary to go in behind Rick so she can bring him back safely while he is bringing Herschel back safely. Or something like that. Do these people EVER do anything logical?And only minutes after they left. I hope she's dead. Please!!!

Gonzo
02-14-2012, 09:06 AM
:lol::lol: exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for giving me some reading for class.

Wildbill3
02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
the show is gold. or at least the comments and reviews surrounding it are. I also watch the talking dead afterwards, and Dave was tearing into it, the host you could tell wanted to join in on the fun, but obviously he likes his paycheck and tearing into the show while one of the shows head hounchos is also on the couch probably isn't the best idea for job security.

DzakkH13
02-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Some crazy sh*t going on. Either Rick or Shane will be dead before the end of season 2, IMO.

Gonzo
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Some crazy sh*t going on. Either Rick or Shane will be dead before the end of season 2, IMO.Or somebody else. All good soap operas have twists. I bet Dale flips and kills every-goddamn-body and humps zombie Maggie while Glenn dies watching.

aquaman54
02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Would really LOVE to see a Walker get ahold of Shane!!! Walkers have to eat too!!!

Gonzo
02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Would really LOVE to see a Walker get ahold of Shane!!! Walkers have to eat too!!!What this show needs is Walker, Texas Ranger to smack some sense into these *******.

tylerdolphin
02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Not sure why everyone hates Shane. Hes one of the few possessing common sense.

aquaman54
02-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Not sure why everyone hates Shane. Hes one of the few possessing common sense.After Otis...No telling who he'll take out,just to save his own behind!!! Shane is the poster-child for backstabbing cowards!!!

Gonzo
02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Not sure why everyone hates Shane. Hes one of the few possessing common sense.
Big Spoiler Warning! Super serial! Don't read if you actually give a **** about this show!
They kill him off, the actor has signed to be in Darabont's LA Noire (based on the book, not the video game, though same topics/era). Can't have people with common sense ****ing up whatever the show is trying to accomplish.

tylerdolphin
02-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Save Sophia!!!111111!!!1

Wildbill3
02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
if shane gets killed in a alpha male showdown etc, it only makes sense and would be in keeping with the comics.

tylerdolphin
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/c0zXf-1.gif

Gonzo
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, this is actually great news: www.aintitcool.com/node/53829 Warning: There be spoilers!

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/old_guy-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/tumblr_lvjzrxgWhB1qcoar0-1.png

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/dale_face_2-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/tumblr_ls7ryxYrvh1qfr9od-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/tumblr_ltwag1BKlr1r5d224o1_500-1.gif

Cant wait for tonight's episode.

KDog13
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Well, I actually enjoyed today's episode for a change

Gonzo
02-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Well, I actually enjoyed today's episode for a changeI enjoyed the parts I didn't fast forward through (all of the farmhouses scenes), though it is funny that the entire episode was pointless because the kid knew where the farm was anyways. Worst.writers.ever.

aquaman54
02-27-2012, 09:19 AM
I was stoked that Rick beat the crap out of Shane.Cant stand him.I wish they'd left him behind on the bus....Just like what Shane did to Otis.Rick was way out of line giving Shane back his weapon too.I think he'll regret that.Just wish a Walker would go ahead and make Shane a Super-Size Combo #3,and finish him off!!!

Valandui
02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
So MP3 players work?

Gonzo
02-27-2012, 03:34 PM
So MP3 players work?Unfortunately, Kanye will still be making music.

DzakkH13
03-01-2012, 03:29 PM
So MP3 players work?

Why wouldn't they?

Wildbill3
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
sorry but if you aren't onboard again after the last two epsiodes you should probably move on.

Valandui
03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Why wouldn't they?
No electricity in the post-zombie apocalypse universe?

Wildbill3
03-02-2012, 11:31 PM
No electricity in the post-zombie apocalypse universe?they got generators on the farm, so it stand to reason they could charge the ipods with that. also, there is solar energy charging stations out there.

DzakkH13
03-03-2012, 03:37 AM
No electricity in the post-zombie apocalypse universe?

In an earlier episode they show Hershel gassing up their generator.

So as long as the MP3 was preloaded with music, they could easily recharge the MP3 player.

DzakkH13
03-05-2012, 02:20 AM
No more Dale stare downs lol.

JamesBW43
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Worst.writers.ever.

I want to like this show but these writers are making it difficult. Seems like the only thing they can think of to create controversy or excitement is to have someone randomly do something stupid.

aquaman54
03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I want to like this show but these writers are making it difficult. Seems like the only thing they can think of to create controversy or excitement is to have someone randomly do something stupid.Yep...Like Ricks boy.It was his screwing around with that Walker,that got Dale killed......

Wildbill3
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Yep...Like Ricks boy.It was his screwing around with that Walker,that got Dale killed......which is why carl will now get the idea that its better to kill anything that's a danger to the group before it kills someone in the group.. thus opening the door for carl to kill shane.

Valandui
03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I hate Carl so much.

Wildbill3
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
I hate Carl so much.I love the character in the books, and mostly this carl seems a little dumber but still in the creepy zone that carl in the books is. Maybe creepy dumb children come off better in comics than in movies and televison?

Valandui
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I love the character in the books, and mostly this carl seems a little dumber but still in the creepy zone that carl in the books is. Maybe creepy dumb children come off better in comics than in movies and televison?
What gets me is how his parents do nothing to shut his ass up. They just stare at him in disbelief and get on with their business.

DzakkH13
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
What gets me is how his parents do nothing to shut his ass up. They just stare at him in disbelief and get on with their business.

It would be hard to know what to do/say IMO.

Sophia was his last tie to being a child. His childhood died with her.

Valandui
03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
It would be hard to know what to do/say IMO.

Sophia was his last tie to being a child. His childhood died with her.
Still, someone needs to slap that kid.

Wildbill3
03-06-2012, 12:01 AM
What gets me is how his parents do nothing to shut his ass up. They just stare at him in disbelief and get on with their business.thier whole world is ****, and they have a hard time disagreeing with the fact they'd all be better off dead than to live in that world. so How do you reach a kid who has seen so much go wrong in such a short time? grown adults are barely dealing with it, they probably don't have a lot left in reserve for carl.

Valandui
03-06-2012, 01:45 AM
thier whole world is ****, and they have a hard time disagreeing with the fact they'd all be better off dead than to live in that world. so How do you reach a kid who has seen so much go wrong in such a short time? grown adults are barely dealing with it, they probably don't have a lot left in reserve for carl.
You could still slap him for speaking to his mother like that, although she should probably be dead at this point due to her being an idiot anyway.

Gonzo
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
they got generators on the farm, so it stand to reason they could charge the ipods with that. also, there is solar energy charging stations out there.What they need to do is harness the energy of the walkers.

1. Get a bunch of treadmills
2. Get Glenn (THAT'S RACIST!) to reengineer them to create juice when walked on
3. Strap bait in front of the tread mills (Lori, now that Dale is dead)
4. Then chain some zombies on the treadmills
5. ???
6. Charged Zunes for everybody!

KDog13
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
**** Carl

Also how bout that uber strength of the Zombie, opened his **** like a potato chip bag

Gonzo
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
**** Carl

Also how bout that uber strength of the Zombie, opened his **** like a potato chip bagHa, no kidding. Sometimes they can rip throats (my signature move), open chests, and appear to be championship wrestlers. At other times, 20 of them can't push open a bus door or bust out of a rickety shed. I guess it's whatever is convenient for them, and by them, I mean the writers.

Carl in the comics was creepy. Carl in the show is a ****ing idiot and annoying.

KDog13
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Wow imo, Best episode to date....but seriously I'm bummed out Shane is dead and not Carl. Shane was the best character by far.

Kill: Carl
Keep: Shane

Gonzo
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Wow imo, Best episode to date....but seriously I'm bummed out Shane is dead and not Carl. Shane was the best character by far.

Kill: Carl
Keep: ShaneClose call for me, between it and the one in which Otis was killed. Sadly, I still fast forwarded through all the talking about feelings ****, so about 60% of it.

Valandui
03-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Has anyone else noticed how T-Dog, who is pretty big, keeps getting left back at the farm while Glenn, who is tiny, keeps going on missions?

Gonzo
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Has anyone else noticed how T-Dog, who is pretty big, keeps getting left back at the farm while Glenn, who is tiny, keeps going on missions?He went from being a pretty important character last season to being the mute guy with the permanently furrowed brow this season.

DzakkH13
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I expect the season finally to be pretty intense.

One good thing, we know there is a very high probability they won't be on the Farm in season 3!

Gonzo
03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I expect the season finally to be pretty intense.

One good thing, we know there is a very high probability they won't be on the Farm in season 3!That and they have cast the Governor for next season, which is great news.

http://screenrant.com/david-morrissey-governor-the-walking-dead-yman-156371/

DzakkH13
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Madness!

Valandui
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Sophia's mother keeps living? She is literally the most useless character on that show.

Gonzo
03-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Sophia's mother keeps living? She is literally the most useless character on that show.And Lori. ****ing flips out anytime she can't find somebody for 5 minutes. Also, she's the worst mother in the world. She needs a zombie-induced abortion (hopefully it's a zombie baby a la Dawn of the Dead remake).

Thank god season 3 looks much better already. Michonne and the Governor? Yes, please. There is hope.

DzakkH13
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
And Lori. ****ing flips out anytime she can't find somebody for 5 minutes. Also, she's the worst mother in the world. She needs a zombie-induced abortion (hopefully it's a zombie baby a la Dawn of the Dead remake).

Thank god season 3 looks much better already. Michonne and the Governor? Yes, please. There is hope.

If Lori can learn to keep her mouth shut like she did at the end of the show, it makes season 3 so much better as well.

Gonzo
03-19-2012, 07:54 PM
If Lori can learn to keep her mouth shut like she did at the end of the show, it makes season 3 so much better as well.Lori made less sense than ever before at the end of the show. Flipping out when Grimes told her he killed Shane in self-defense. I hope the Governor wipes a few of these chumps out, starting with her and Carl.

JamesBW43
03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Lori made less sense than ever before at the end of the show. Flipping out when Grimes told her he killed Shane in self-defense. I hope the Governor wipes a few of these chumps out, starting with her and Carl.

Not to mention she even suggested to Rick that he might have to kill Shane several episodes earlier.

Gonzo
03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Not to mention she even suggested to Rick that he might have to kill Shane several episodes earlier.Worst written show ever? I can't think of any other contenders at this point, but then again I don't usually watch ****ty shows. This one just happens to have zombies (sometimes) and a funny blog written after it.

KDog13
03-20-2012, 01:45 AM
**** Carl

Michonne is a BA

They really could of used Shane in that farm battle

Lastly, How about that accuracy of shooting zombies while in a moving vehicle/bumpy road

Wildbill3
03-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I have faith that lori is going to be one of the big deaths next year. Otherwise I doubt the show has a season 4.

Noodle Arm
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Something about the show that always makes me laugh....the over the top zombie sound effects. Just listen to the opening scenes of the season finale, the way the zombie moans and foot shuffling are LOUDLY mixed (and don't even match the action on-screen) is hysterical. Not only that, but it sounds like the same moans looped over and over.

I'm not complaining or anything, it just amuses me.

John Biello
03-21-2012, 10:07 AM
cant believe i didnt see this thread earlier, but easily my favorite show i an addict.

KDog13
07-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyone see the trailer for Season 3? Looks good, plus the ending is cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_lkap-uFA

DzakkH13
07-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Season 3 has so much potential. Should be the best season by far if they do it right.

The Governor, Michonne, and Merle all will add so much to the series.

Wildbill3
07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
for the love of god. kill lori off. hate that character.

Locke
07-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I know they couldn't follow the books exactly, but good god, at least keep the characters the same. There was no need to turn Lori from the likeable mom from the books into whatever the crap it is she is now. Michonne has been the best character in the books by far, and they are only now bringing her in? Where's the football player? I can't remember his name at the moment, but he was another bad ass that was a major character in the books. If you're going to change characters, like Sophia's mom, at least make them compelling. I do like that they are casting the Governor. I'm not going to spoil anything, but simply the fact that he is getting cast is going to mean there is going to be a lot of damn exciting episodes. Assuming they stick to the same archetype as the Governor from the books...

Wildbill3
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I know they couldn't follow the books exactly, but good god, at least keep the characters the same. There was no need to turn Lori from the likeable mom from the books into whatever the crap it is she is now. Michonne has been the best character in the books by far, and they are only now bringing her in? Where's the football player? I can't remember his name at the moment, but he was another bad ass that was a major character in the books. If you're going to change characters, like Sophia's mom, at least make them compelling. I do like that they are casting the Governor. I'm not going to spoil anything, but simply the fact that he is getting cast is going to mean there is going to be a lot of damn exciting episodes. Assuming they stick to the same archetype as the Governor from the books...i've read issues 1-40ish, and lori um... was pretty much always a bitch lol. good riddance in the books and hopefully the show.

Locke
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM
i've read issues 1-40ish, and lori um... was pretty much always a bitch lol. good riddance in the books and hopefully the show.

I always got the hint she was just worried and was pissed that Rick was always taking off to do these things instead of staying back to protect her and Carl. Not wholly unreasonable, but I think she should have been a little more understanding of the fact that the world's changed, and that her husband is the leader of the group. But still, I don't remember her being nearly as bad in the books as the shows. I'll have to go back and re-read the first few books though...

Locke
07-24-2012, 02:31 AM
I know they couldn't follow the books exactly, but good god, at least keep the characters the same. There was no need to turn Lori from the likeable mom from the books into whatever the crap it is she is now. Michonne has been the best character in the books by far, and they are only now bringing her in? Where's the football player? I can't remember his name at the moment, but he was another bad ass that was a major character in the books. If you're going to change characters, like Sophia's mom, at least make them compelling. I do like that they are casting the Governor. I'm not going to spoil anything, but simply the fact that he is getting cast is going to mean there is going to be a lot of damn exciting episodes. Assuming they stick to the same archetype as the Governor from the books...

I feel like I have to add that I think Daryl is by far the best choice they made as far as characters go. He wasn't in the books, and now I wish he was. Kudos to whomever wrote him in. The dude is simply bad ass. I hate that they took forever to bring in Michonne, but they did give her one hell of an entrance. I'm also wondering if T-Dog is meant to replace the football player, which would suck because T-Dog has been a bit of pansy, at least up until now. The football player, I think his name was Tyrone, was a damn beast. On a side note, the actress they cast to play Maggie is one of the top 5 most attractive actresses I've seen in a long time. She is just naturally beautiful. Glenn is a lucky little dude...

Valandui
07-24-2012, 06:02 AM
I feel like I have to add that I think Daryl is by far the best choice they made as far as characters go. He wasn't in the books, and now I wish he was. Kudos to whomever wrote him in. The dude is simply bad ass. I hate that they took forever to bring in Michonne, but they did give her one hell of an entrance. I'm also wondering if T-Dog is meant to replace the football player, which would suck because T-Dog has been a bit of pansy, at least up until now. The football player, I think his name was Tyrone, was a damn beast. On a side note, the actress they cast to play Maggie is one of the top 5 most attractive actresses I've seen in a long time. She is just naturally beautiful. Glenn is a lucky little dude...

Absolutely. First time I saw her was in The Vampire Diaries and I've thought so since then. She was in Chuck as well.

KDog13
08-20-2012, 02:00 AM
**** Carl

gunnerolsen
09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
^Hahaha

KDog13
10-13-2012, 12:02 AM
A Reminder to Finheaven's Zombie Nation....The Walking Dead returns this Sunday, 9pm Est!

Harry_Bagpipe
10-13-2012, 11:18 AM
They should change all chuck Norris jokes to Daryl Dixon jokes

Gonzo
10-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I have far more hope in this season than last season. Looks like **** actually happens and zombies might actually be involved this time! Also looking forward to the Governor regulating these chumps.

DzakkH13
10-14-2012, 05:16 PM
High expectations for this show this year as well. Should be awesome.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Looks like it's back on track! I forgot there were zombies in this show after last season.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Looks like the only reason to watch the last season won't be written this season:

http://videogum.com/598562/the-walking-dead-s03e01-open-thread/tv/
(http://videogum.com/598562/the-walking-dead-s03e01-open-thread/tv/)
Thanks to tyler for letting me know about these recaps.

KDog13
10-17-2012, 01:04 PM
More zombies in it than ever, very surprising. Also **** Carl, and did Maggie's tits get bigger?

Gonzo
10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
More zombies in it than ever, very surprising. Also **** Carl, and did Maggie's tits get bigger?

I wish the show was on HBO so we could find out.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

DzakkH13
11-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Crazy ****.

JamesBW43
11-07-2012, 01:05 AM

tylerdolphin
11-13-2012, 02:29 AM
I had stopped watching midway through season two, but I saw the episode where lori gives birth and carl caps her by a friend and it was really intense. Inspired me to start again. Watched a few where I left off today (way back in the barn days). Is it worth it or was that episode false hope?

Gonzo
11-13-2012, 02:41 AM
I had stopped watching midway through season two, but I saw the episode where lori gives birth and carl caps her by a friend and it was really intense. Inspired me to start again. Watched a few where I left off today (way back in the barn days). Is it worth it or was that episode false hope?

This season is far better than last, which was ****ing horrible. I'm just going to pretend it never happened.

tylerdolphin
11-13-2012, 02:52 AM
This season is far better than last, which was ****ing horrible. I'm just going to pretend it never happened.

It got to the point where I was literally only watching season 2 so I could read the articles mocking it afterwards because they were hilarious. Eventually I couldnt even bring myself to watch it at all.

Gonzo
11-13-2012, 02:53 AM
It got to the point where I was literally only watching season 2 so I could read the articles mocking it afterwards because they were hilarious. Eventually I couldnt even bring myself to watch it at all.

Same here, but I read good things going into this season, so I thought I'd give it another shot. Glad I did.

KDog13
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I still think think Maggie's tits got bigger...