PDA

View Full Version : Anyone promoting Suck for Luck and cheering us to lose is pathetic and not a fan

Scoffaveli
10-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Seriously. How can you cheer for your team to lose?

You realize that your cheering has zero affect on whether the team actually wins or loses?

Whatever happens, happens...If at the end of the season the Dolphins have the 1st pick, then it is time to think about Andrew Luck

Until then cheer for a win, since you have no control anyway

If not then find another team

randomname
10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
You realize I don't give a **** what you think about my fanhood? Deal w/ it.

fishfanmiami
10-17-2011, 06:31 PM

You realize that your cheering has zero affect on whether the team actually wins or loses?

Whatever happens, happens...If at the end of the season the Dolphins have the 1st pick, then it is time to think about Andrew Luck

Agree 100% with this.

I cann't really blame the SFL crowd but I think 2 or 3 wins puts a stop to that.

PhinMagic
10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
i don't think anyone is really hoping we lose, but i'm on the suck for luck bandwagon. all i do is watch the games casual and not think the world is gonna end when we lose, its just one step closer to the goal. now, if anyone thinks a 4 or 5 win season is worth cheering for, then your an idiot. why win 4 if you can just lose them all and get your franchise QB for the next 15 years.

fishfanmiami
10-17-2011, 06:34 PM
What he's saying i think is wishing we lose and get Luck is one thing.

Cheering for it is another.

DefensiveEnd76
10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I would rather go 0-16 if it meant we were getting a top notch coaching staff, front office and franchise QB versus finishing 7-9, missing the playoffs and not being in line to draft a franchise QB. That being said, there's no way in hell I want us to lose to the stinking Jets and fatboy Ryan.

Phins28
10-17-2011, 06:37 PM

Great enjoy mediocrity, have fun!

insomnia411
10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry I actually want my favorite team to have success in the future. There is very obviously no hope this year and the worst thing we can do is win a few games and **** ourselves out of Luck.

ChambersWI
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I always root for us to win... BUT I also realize that our coaching staff is a liability, and we haven't had a QB who can win us games since Marino. A guy like Luck is the closest we're going to be to getting a franchise QB since we passed on Rodgers (Yeah I'm saying Matt Ryan is NOT a franchise QB)

LordPicklewagon
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Suck for luck. Suck for luck. Suck for luck

Rah rah rah

PhinMagic
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
lets look at the options..... the season is already 25% done. 0-4 great start!!! answer this. if we end up with Luck and he is starting opening weekend of September, are you gonna remember tonight, next week or any of this season??why would you?? this franchise has been dropped into the basement with not even a glimmer of light. I'm sick of it, I'm tired of being a digusted embarrased diehard fan. I want change, and if it means i have to sit through 12 more losses, then so be it. lose em all, i could care less, cause come July when Luck is taking snaps with the first team, i will be sipping the playoff juice hoping for a shot at a ring!!!

Oraclepz
10-17-2011, 06:44 PM

I agree with you 1 million percent.. i never want my team to lose Especially vs the JETS!!!!

Myles Fynch
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
I think we can have our cake and eat it too. Rooting for the Dolphins tonight, and rooting for Luck in April.

On any given Sunday, your opponent can suck more than you thought they did. The Colts & Rams may find that out the hard way.

BostonPhin4
10-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh good another thread for someone who needs to reassure their own fan status by putting down others. You cheer for 7-9 all you want my friend. I'll sit here and hope(not cheer) for whatever record gets us the #1 pick, so that this time next year(and for many years after) I can once again cheer for this team to win every game to gain our new franchise qb some experience, and one day compete for a superbowl.

Scoffaveli
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
You realize I don't give a **** what you think about my fanhood? Deal w/ it.

Correction. You don’t give a **** what I think about your lack of fanhood. Or lack of manhood

i don't think anyone is really hoping we lose, but i'm on the suck for luck bandwagon. all i do is watch the games casual and not think the world is gonna end when we lose, its just one step closer to the goal. now, if anyone thinks a 4 or 5 win season is worth cheering for, then your an idiot. why win 4 if you can just lose them all and get your franchise QB for the next 15 years.

Yes, people really are hoping we lose.

There is a difference between looking at the big picture and hoping for the best for our team and flat out rooting for your “team” to lose.

Anybody rooting for their team to lose on a small scale isn’t a fan.

What if you cheer your team to lose and then Andrew Luck isn’t what he appears to be?

Are you going to cheer your team to have another 0-16 season?

When does it end?

Great enjoy mediocrity, have fun!

Enjoy the game tonight, Jets fan!

Sorry I actually want my favorite team to have success in the future. There is very obviously no hope this year and the worst thing we can do is win a few games and **** ourselves out of Luck.

I want my team to have success tonight. I want my team to have success next week. I want my team to have success in the future.

My “wants” have no bearing on the future.

However my “wants” do show whether I am a fan or not

And I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins every time they take the field

If you aren’t, you aren’t a fan. Plain and simple.

Oh good another thread for someone who needs to reassure their own fan status by putting down others. You cheer for 7-9 all you want my friend. I'll sit here and hope(not cheer) for whatever record gets us the #1 pick, so that this time next year(and for many years after) I can once again cheer for this team to win every game to gain our new franchise qb some experience, and one day compete for a superbowl.

I don’t need to reassure my fan status. I’m rooting for my team

You aren’t

If we get the #1 pick and it is Luck and he takes us to the Super Bowl I can continue what I’ve been doing

Rooting for the Dolphins

Ryan1973
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM

I could care less what you think. Everybody is entitled to root for whatever they want to root for. I am a true fan and want them to lose tonight and the rest of the year to have a chance at long term success down the road. I am sick and tired of them finishing 7-9 or 8-8 every year and getting nowhere.

next-year
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
don't tell me what I am, I didn't tell you that you're an idiot for posting this.

footsteps_falco
10-17-2011, 07:01 PM
those who are rooting for us to lose, are not rooting against the dolphins, they are rooting for the future of the team, the long haul, at the expense of now. we aren't gaining anything but a small amount of dignity and pride by winning right now. i can live without that

i'm sure no one wants to lose, they just want to win consistantly. winning too many games this year means a worse draft pick and still no playoffs. which to the suckforluckers means more mediocricy in the future. anyone who thinks house cleaning isn't coming is dilerious.

anyway im just saying i understand where theyre coming from, not that i agree. ideally we would all like to win tonight and down the road and in the future, unfortunately that doesn't seem realistic.

phinman1
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Both sides of this argument are legitimate. A diehard can certainly be of one mind or the other.

As for me, I'm tending to go with the Suck for Luck crowd. I've given up on this regime and this team. They are going nowhere and will only continue to disappoint. Now, the question is do you want them to suck and have a top 10 pick? Or really suck and get a franchise QB? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Scoffaveli
10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
those who are rooting for us to lose, are not rooting against the dolphins, they are rooting for the future of the team, the long haul, at the expense of now. we aren't gaining anything but a small amount of dignity and pride by winning right now. i can live without that

i'm sure no one wants to lose, they just want to win consistantly. winning too many games this year means a worse draft pick and still no playoffs. which to the suckforluckers means more mediocricy in the future. anyone who thinks house cleaning isn't coming is dilerious.

anyway im just saying i understand where theyre coming from, not that i agree. ideally we would all like to win tonight and down the road and in the future, unfortunately that doesn't seem realistic.

But fans have no control of the future. There is so much uncertainty involved

-Suppose you root for your team to lose out. They win 5 games. Thats a whole season you weren't cheering for your team. When does it end?

-Suppose we go 0-16 and don't draft Luck or Luck doesn't go pro....What then? Keep cheering for whoever plays the Phins?

-Suppose we draft Luck and he sucks? More cheering for losses?

The ONLY thing a fan can control is who they cheer for when the games are played

Anybody cheering for other teams when the play the Dolphins is not a fan

eswickl1
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
SUCK FOR LUCK is the only way to go now

CedarPhin
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Iiwii.

Phinatic8u
10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I dont cheer for the Dolphins to lose. I just know they suck and are gonna anyways.

The Confessor
10-17-2011, 07:23 PM
But fans have no control of the future. There is so much uncertainty involved

-Suppose you root for your team to lose out. They win 5 games. Thats a whole season you weren't cheering for your team. When does it end?

-Suppose we go 0-16 and don't draft Luck or Luck doesn't go pro....What then? Keep cheering for whoever plays the Phins?

-Suppose we draft Luck and he sucks? More cheering for losses?

The ONLY thing a fan can control is who they cheer for when the games are played

Anybody cheering for other teams when the play the Dolphins is not a fan

There is more common sense in this one post than the rest of the posts combined...and it's not even close!

CedarPhin
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I used to get worked up when the Dolphins would lose. Now, I root for us to win, but if we lose, it's not the end of the world.

Phins28
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Enjoy the game tonight, Jets fan!

You're the Jests fan because you want to continue with mediocrity