PDA

View Full Version : Since I know we're all buddies......

Baz
01-20-2004, 10:47 PM
....this thread is about giving each other Madden advice. A couple questions.

1. How to you all defend against a player who rolls out, and uses plamaker to make his WR run back towards the LOS, making the WR almost always open?

2. How do you all defend against a cheeser? They guys who use motion 4 times and have a wide-open reciever?

3. How do you move the ball against people who back the whole D-Line off of the LOS, then when the ball is snapped, they all come in unblocked?

Anyone who has advice, I appreciate it. I also don't mind sharing a few of my tricks to those who would want them......

Predaphin
01-21-2004, 12:49 AM
#1,......Its a natural, and somewhat tough to stop, Ive had trouble with it (I hate when it happens) and the best way to kill it is to give the best amount of pressure on the QB....simply dont give the QB enough time to let it happen...but I dont think theres a complete certain way of stopping it.

#2,....Stopping a cheeser who has a certain play that is just too good is tough....This one youre on your own, & I dont have any suggestions on because it would also depend on what kind of cheesy play they are running...but do keep in mind that about 92% of the plays on madden are stoppable....and it also matters what Defensive playbook you are using....Some cheesy plays require certain defensive playbooks.

#3, ....Ive never seemed to have problems with....but ive heard that its given people problems....I suggest you run, Ive played against people who do that and have ran successfully on them and they stop doing it, I would think that kind of cheesing would be more succesful against the pass so it can confuse the o-line.....if anything, running against it will help you gain the first 1 or 2 yds.

Normally, I dont give any of my strategies out (I.e. How to stop a certain play or a certain player, or what plays work against a given offense or defense, so dont ask :D ) But in this case i wasnt giving any of my strategies away, I was simply helping out by letting you guys know some TIPS & the best way to help yourselves against these kind of cheesers...I too hate playing cheesers and in my case I can cheese also....I basically play it the way the opponent wants too... and I hope i helped you guys even in a small way...Good Luck.

and again these are "TIPS", not strategies.

Baz
01-21-2004, 03:57 AM
You haven't had problems with #3? I played this one dude, and every play, he would back his entire D-line off, lining them all up as linebackers. My O-line wouldn't pick up sh*t, and I'd end up getting hit in the backfield with Ricky almost every play. When I tried to pass, I wouldn't even get 2 seconds before someone was on me. Very frustrating......

Predaphin
01-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Nope, havent had problems with it.....Try using 2TE set or goaline to run on him(something to bolster up the Line) ....you shouldnt have a problem.

Baz
01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I always run from the Big I, it wasn't working. Oh well, the next time someone does that, I'll know what to expect......

Predaphin
01-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Good luck.....BTW, when can we play our week 4 game....I talked to 984 and he said since they havent been able to play their games to go ahead and play our week 4 game....Unless youd rather wait.....if not, let me know whens a good time to play.

Baz
01-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I'm always available late, after 10 Mountain time......

Predaphin
01-22-2004, 07:13 PM
ok cool...give me a day...ill check back up here today at about 10 pmMT

Baz
01-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Anyday except Wednesday evening......