PDA

View Full Version : All Members, Please Read

Muck
01-21-2004, 03:09 PM
First, I would like to say that we VERY much appreciate the fact that you all have chosen this site to discuss Dolphins football. It is a pleasure serving you and without you, we wouldn't exist.

However, there are rules and regulations that must be abided by, not only for your sake but ours as well. And one thing I have been notcing more and more of lately is the copy and pasting of entire articles, as well as quoting articles without providing the link.

From the FinHeaven Terms of Service.....

9. Added: May 30, 2002 - Please do not post an entire article. Instead, post the first three or so sentences, and then include a link to that article. The reason is simply because of copyright issues. And I for one do not want to have The Sun Sentinel coming after me in a lawsuit. :)

You can find the entire T.O.S. (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1655) at the top of each and every page on this site.

Again, please do not take this the wrong way. We are not angry or coming after anyone in particular. We simply want to keep this place tip-top and up to code. :)

We appreciate your continued cooperation and look forward to the more great discussion and fun.

Thanks again........Muck :vader:

dolphan39
01-21-2004, 03:12 PM
...just to extend Muck's comments, if you are posting something from a paid source, i.e. ESPN Insider or the Sun, you must para-phrase (re-state in your own words) what the article or e-mail said. Insider information is for your eyes only and this site could get in trouble for allowing it to be published

ohall
01-21-2004, 03:17 PM
TOS? We don't need no stinking TOS! :D

Oliver...

CirclingWagons
01-21-2004, 03:25 PM
friggin plagiarizers:mad:

SMadison29
01-21-2004, 03:28 PM
I apologize for doing this the other day. I didn't think anything about it until you brought it to my attention. Won't happen again.

Muck
01-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Not a problem man.

The main reason I posted this was because we have several new members who just didn't know any better. So I know there was no "thumbing their nose" at the rules going on. Just making everyone aware.

We also made the T.O.S more visible and easy to get to. So we take some responsibility there.

Again, thanks to everyone who contributes!! :)

BigFinFan
01-21-2004, 03:39 PM
The problem I have is that I don't know anything!

ZOD
01-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BigFinFan
The problem I have is that I don't know anything!

Here! Have my lightbulb :idea:

CirclingWagons
01-21-2004, 03:56 PM
The problem I have is that I don't know anything! Then this is the message board for you!:cool:

BigFinFan
01-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I always knew that since Zod was in Good Ole Charleston he would have a clue!

Thanks for the heads up! Just stay away from the battery!!!

BigFinFan
01-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Then this is the message board for you!:cool:

Coming from a Jills Fan

:jumper: :stupid:

CirclingWagons
01-21-2004, 04:03 PM

Coming from a Jills Fan

:jumper: :stupid: :roflmao:

BigFinFan
01-21-2004, 04:12 PM
I got nothing but love for you CW.

I LOVE how you still come around even though we SPANKED you twice...

Har-Dee-Har-Har

PhinPhreak
01-21-2004, 04:17 PM
friggin plagiarizers:mad:
friggin plagiarizers:mad: errrrrrr........ I mean Damn Plagiarizers.

CirclingWagons
01-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I got nothing but love for you CW.

I LOVE how you still come around even though we SPANKED you twice...

Har-Dee-Har-Har :lol: ...hey, it's all in good fun

akfinfan
01-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Cool,

But I want to see the copyright law, because as long as your naming who wrote wrote the article and what paper/source it is from, it legal.

BigFinFan
01-21-2004, 04:29 PM
:lol: ...hey, it's all in good fun

Glad you have such a great sense of humor...

...Then again... :sosad:

...You are a Jills Fan... :roflmao:

welderpat
01-21-2004, 07:26 PM
The insane babbling I post on here comes straight from my own mind. It doen't come from anywhere else. No one else would have it.:tongue: :lol: :tongue:

dolfan06
01-22-2004, 12:22 AM
The problem I have is that I don't know anything! with an avatar like that, who cares, just keep posting!;)

Marino1983
01-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
with an avatar like that, who cares, just keep posting!;)

:yes:

Marino1983

P4E
01-23-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by chambers84
Cool,

But I want to see the copyright law, because as long as your naming who wrote wrote the article and what paper/source it is from, it legal.

Mod note:

These are the guidelines for "fair use" taken from the US Copyright web site. (there are no caveats against reprinting these)
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission.

examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of “fair use” would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered “fair” nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

!PapaCrunk81!
01-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah youse guys!!:moon:
::EDIT:: is this smilie ripping its skin off for the art of mooning?