PDA

View Full Version : You so-called fans are EMBARRASSING

IMissGadsden
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
The team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, EVER root against your team. That has to be a Cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road Luck can help, but I will never ever ever wish for the Dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to PURPOSELY ROOT AGAINST OUR TEAM is completely unacceptable, and CERTAINLY not something we should see on FINHEAVEN, site dedicated to the fans of Dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. COME ON FINHEAVEN.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Imagine there's no winning. It's easy if you try.

Sirspud
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Fans who root against their team get the losing, but usually get it a lot longer than they ever hoped for.

Oraclepz
10-30-2011, 04:18 PM
luck or not i never root for the dolphins to lose but im becoming numb to losing...

rainmaker1313
10-30-2011, 04:18 PM
So you want us t win 2-3 games a year for the next 10 years or do you want us to win 10-16 games a year for the next 10 years???

bigchub22
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
The team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, EVER root against your team. That has to be a Cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road Luck can help, but I will never ever ever wish for the Dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to PURPOSELY ROOT AGAINST OUR TEAM is completely unacceptable, and CERTAINLY not something we should see on FINHEAVEN, site dedicated to the fans of Dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. COME ON FINHEAVEN.

Never thought it would come to this but dude its worth it IF we can get Luck the past 10 years of sucking should tell you the same

rainmaker1313
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
and by the way, I dont root for them to lose persay, just dont get excited if they are winning right now!

Gadsden86
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
ok so i will NEVER root agenst this team but i cant stand losing anymore. If we go 0-16 this year and get luck it will be alot better for many years. I am going to the Phins vs Pats game and will root for the Phins every down till the end. I still cant get upset every week knowing we cant close out a game. We should have won today and last week vs the Boncos but we cant close. We wouldn't have to if we had a KILLER at QB like Luck. Watching him last nigt vs USC just made me want him at our helm even more.

Semedi
10-30-2011, 04:21 PM
You're embarrassing. We've been mediocre for a decade and you support the continuation of that? I'd laugh at how pathetic your mentality is if I wasn't so busy celebrating how we're two steps closer to Andrew Luck with a great loss and a Rams win. Hope you never buy a Luck jersey, you don't deserve one.

Phins28
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I thought you're going to leave, gtfo

JahKno96
You "fans" can go to another team because all of you suck!!! Don't buy Dolphin tickets, merchandise or show any support. Take your negativity somewhere else you fake fans!!!

Dolphins7273
Zzzzzz. Chirp chirp chirp

Wannstache
you know whats embarrassing?

being mediocre for 10 years

COphinphan89
Guy, this team has been a disappointment for 15 years. Exactly what is the point in winning? Can you answer that for me? Do you want a chance at a franchise QB or not? Are you happy with Matt Moore, Marc Colombo, Sean Smith, and Tony Sparano being a part of this organization? They say desperate times call for desperate measures, and this team redefines the word desperate.

SebasMiamiFan
10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
If you don't like it, why complain? Why waste the time? Just ignore it.

Rugby
Waaaaah, waaaaaah, please stop with the crying & whining. Fans are pissed off dude, we want to be rooting for wins, but those losses get us closer & closer to our next franchise QB & new HC.

Miamifinz
I can't support something i have no faith in. It takes a LOT to make me lose faith in this team -hell, it's never happened until just this week. But I can't do it anymore. It's a mess from top to bottom, there's not enough effort, I cannot even put my frustration into words. I just want change

Hayden Fox
10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Imagine how embarrassing we would be IF we get Luck and still do not win? Damn.

In other words...there is more work to be done besides a QB.

buxster07
10-30-2011, 04:25 PM

Mrs. Sparano....that you?

I like your house by the way.

ChambersWI
I'm not rooting against the team. I want us to win, but HOW we lose as numbed me to it. I'll never root for our team to lose, but the prospect of getting a Luck or Barkley does excite me.

DeathStar
So you want us t win 2-3 games a year for the next 10 years or do you want us to win 10-16 games a year for the next 10 years???

Mediocrity forever.

THey need wins SOLELY to ruin the campaign for excellence.

Mediocrity forever.

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 04:26 PM
You know what's embarassing?

16 different starting quarterbacks since Dan Marino retired and the last playoff win being in 2000.

Semedi

Every post you make convinces me more that you'd love to see us continue to fail because you can't wrap your mind around the concept of the big picture.

Rugby
You "fans" can go to another team because all of you suck!!! Don't buy Dolphin tickets, merchandise or show any support. Take your negativity somewhere else you fake fans!!!

Thanks for those words Mrs Sparano.

SarahAnn
luck or not i never root for the dolphins to lose but im becoming numb to losing...

Eh, you've been around these forums long enough to have already become numb. I know I am.

IMissGadsden
Phins28.....you're telling a guy who is rooting for the team to GTFO, while you root against them? How dumb are you? FINHEAVEN is dedicated to the Dolphins. How do you not get that. I realize this team is poor. Do you realize that LUCK MIGHT NOT COME OUT!! You all say it "could be worth it for 10 years." Well, what if he doesn't come out? What do you say then?!?! Don't come crying to me when he stays at Stanford. Don't get me wrong, I love Luck and would support him with this franchise, but with what risk and at what cost? Don't tell ME to GTFO. You guys need to get REAL.

miamiron
10-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Mrs. Sparano....that you?

I think even shes given up on this team and her husband

eswickl1
You who posted this makes no sense. Win 3 or 4 games and have the same crap team or win 0 to 1 game and get the future for the next 10-15 years... I'll take the second option

Phantom
you know whats embarrassing?

being mediocre for 10 yearsMediocre? We are not even close to mediocre.

DeathStar
10-30-2011, 04:30 PM
You who posted this makes no sense. Win 3 or 4 games and have the same crap team or win 0 to 1 game and get the future for the next 10-15 years... I'll take the second option

They still don't understand this.

From a draft perspective, a bad team would have a better chance of future success if the picks are higher in each round.

COphinphan89
10-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Phins28.....you're telling a guy who is rooting for the team to GTFO, while you root against them? How dumb are you? FINHEAVEN is dedicated to the Dolphins. How do you not get that. I realize this team is poor. Do you realize that LUCK MIGHT NOT COME OUT!! You all say it "could be worth it for 10 years." Well, what if he doesn't come out? What do you say then?!?! Don't come crying to me when he stays at Stanford. Don't get me wrong, I love Luck and would support him with this franchise, but with what risk and at what cost? Don't tell ME to GTFO. You guys need to get REAL.
Academically, Andrew Luck is a senior and will have his Architecture degree from Stanford wrapped up after this year. There is literally zero point for him to go back to school and take one year of grad classes and pass up millions, especially if he wins the Heisman. It's almost a given he comes out.

arcadiafinfan
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes, we are bunch of embarrassing fans here. I am sure you can go to other boards and find "true fans " cheering for 3-13 every year. Please go.

GoonBoss

Ouch.

I'm going to lose some sleep over that.

IMissGadsden
You could always trade up in the draft.....don't have to suck...look at the Falcons moving up 18 spots to #6 in the draft this year....Win as much as you can and if you REALLY want something, then address it and make the necessary moves in the offseason/draft. NEVER EVER EVER tank a season. You're losing revenue first off, and fanbase, second.

DeathStar
10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, we are bunch of embarrassing fans here. I am sure you can go to other boards and find "true fans " cheering for 3-13 every year. Please go.

Its 3 wins...Its better than 0 wins!

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Ouch.

I'm going to lose some sleep over that.

It was harsh.

Some internet poster who loves mediocrity called us out.

arcadiafinfan
Its 3 wins...Its better than 0 wins!

​How is that better???

SQuinn17
The team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, EVER root against your team. That has to be a Cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road Luck can help, but I will never ever ever wish for the Dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to PURPOSELY ROOT AGAINST OUR TEAM is completely unacceptable, and CERTAINLY not something we should see on FINHEAVEN, site dedicated to the fans of Dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. COME ON FINHEAVEN.Love how ppl with 59 posts come on here and try to put the FH population on blast. Quiet noob!

Semedi
10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
You could always trade up in the draft.....don't have to suck...look at the Falcons moving up 18 spots to #6 in the draft this year....Win as much as you can and if you REALLY want something, then address it and make the necessary moves in the offseason/draft. NEVER EVER EVER tank a season. You're losing revenue first off, and fanbase, second.

Yeah brilliant idea. Let's trade a ton of draft picks to draft Andrew Luck when we could have him all to ourselves with a single draft pick. I mean... QB is the only position we need to improve at right?! Do you really believe the crap that comes out of your mouth?

COphinphan89
The fanbase is already lost. Being terrible for a decade and a half will do that. What is the point in winning 2-4 games this year? Exactly what does that accomplish?

J. David Wannyheimer

lol, the Falcons got ROBBED on that trade. You want Miami to give up an entire draft or two to grab a QB, when they could just keep losing and get him plus the first pick in every other round?

Jamaicankid21
10-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Fans are embarrassing, team is embarrassing, organization is embarrassing, and I swear atleast once a week I hear one poster say I am gone to root for another team..

This is the team, but I still root for em, and I still wear my Dolphins jersey everywhere..I just hope we can win a game. If we don't win against KC, Idk where else we can win..

rainmaker1313
Do you realize that LUCK MIGHT NOT COME OUT!! You all say it "could be worth it for 10 years." Well, what if he doesn't come out? What do you say then?!?! Don't come crying to me when he stays at Stanford.
Its obvious now, that you dont know much!

DeathStar
Yeah brilliant idea. Let's trade a ton of draft picks to draft Andrew Luck when we could have him all to ourselves with a single draft pick. I mean... QB is the only position we need to improve at right?! Do you really believe the crap that comes out of your mouth?

LOL

They are getting desparate.

They can't say why we need to win today.

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 04:36 PM
You could always trade up in the draft.....don't have to suck...look at the Falcons moving up 18 spots to #6 in the draft this year....Win as much as you can and if you REALLY want something, then address it and make the necessary moves in the offseason/draft. NEVER EVER EVER tank a season. You're losing revenue first off, and fanbase, second.You know what loses revenue and fanbase? Going 7-9 every year and being stuck in purgatory where you're not bad enough to get a game-changer in the draft nor good enough to make the playoffs.

J. David Wannyheimer
Let's win out, there's a slim chance we can get a wild card spot at 9-7...

... just kidding

electrolyte
another fin fan contributing nothing to the forum.

move this thread to the trash. all it does is make fins fans fight amongst each other.

stop trying to tell people how to live their life.

COphinphan89
10-30-2011, 04:37 PM
It makes no sense to me why people want to potentially blow a chance, just a chance, to pull this team out of the depths of irrelevance for 10+ years.

What's the difference between 0-16 and 3-13? NOTHING! You still suck and now you have a lower draft slot.

IMissGadsden
10-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but I just struggle to ever root against them. I cannot accept the fact of just wasting and tanking a season. This team kills me, and it kills you guys too. Luck would be fantastic, but I just struggle to accept sucking in the 'now' to get him. How can y'all give up your competitive side?

RocKStaR
10-30-2011, 04:38 PM
the team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, ever root against your team. That has to be a cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road luck can help, but i will never ever ever wish for the dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to purposely root against our team is completely unacceptable, and certainly not something we should see on finheaven, site dedicated to the fans of dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. Come on finheaven.

amen!!

uscalum
10-30-2011, 04:39 PM
rooting for them to lose now is rooting for them to win.

DeathStar
You know what loses revenue and fanbase? Going 7-9 every year and being stuck in purgatory where you're not bad enough to get a game-changer in the draft nor good enough to make the playoffs.

Mediocrity for a decade is how our season ticket base is at 40,000

Another decade of this garbage which some fans wants puts it at 25,000...

MiamiDolfan85
I think rooting is too strong of a word,more like very unapologetic....

Jasone
If it were up to you, the Spurs would have never gotten Tim Duncan. They clearly tanked to get him, and he changed their entire franchise. Some times you have to suck to get better. Only way we're getting better is if we get a QB.

Mr. Magoo

Do you realize your ignorance betrays you? He's already said he's coming out. More than once.

Do us all a favor. Take a Xanax and do some research before you smear your ignorance like it's so many monkey turds all over this forum.

DeathStar
10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but I just struggle to ever root against them. I cannot accept the fact of just wasting and tanking a season. This team kills me, and it kills you guys too. Luck would be fantastic, but I just struggle to accept sucking in the 'now' to get him. How can y'all give up your competitive side?

Well this season is a complete waste.

Just look at it this way.

We suck so bad for ONE YEAR...but then the wins in theory should come the next 10.

THis season is over anyway so come April you rather have a top 3 draft pick than 15.

Hayden Fox
10-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Every post you make convinces me more that you'd love to see us continue to fail because you can't wrap your mind around the concept of the big picture.

So....you think that all we need is a QB? Because based on my quote, all I said is we need more than ****ing Andrew Luck. I thought I was talking about the big picture.

COphinphan89
10-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Friend, this season was wasted when it started.

COphinphan89
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
So....you think that all we need is a QB? Because based on my quote, all I said is we need more than ****ing Andrew Luck. I thought I was talking about the big picture.
Of course. But Andrew Luck fills the biggest need which is also the most important position on the field. A position we have ignored 12 years now.

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Do you realize your ignorance betrays you? He's already said he's coming out. More than once.

Do us all a favor. Take a Xanax and do some research before you smear your ignorance like it's so many monkey turds all over this forum.

seriously.

we need some moderators to crack down on these fans who make threads to insult dolphin fans and argue.

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 04:45 PM
So....you think that all we need is a QB? Because based on my quote, all I said is we need more than ****ing Andrew Luck. I thought I was talking about the big picture.The QB is the most important position on the field. Secure him and build around him, not the other way around. Trying to do it the other way around is why we've sucked for 10 years.

KL24
10-30-2011, 04:45 PM
You anti-Luck people act like what we cheer for has any effect on the actual outcome. It doesn't matter who or what you cheer for. Embarrassing? Maybe. But that's what happens to a fanbase that hasn't had much of anything to cheer for in the last decade + and most of that has to do with the fact that we haven't had a franchise QB. What is embarrassing is the team, players, GM, and coaches. They actually do have a say in outcomes.

Mr. Day
10-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Luck does not guarantee wins. He has something called a great offensive line and a running game at Stanford. So all of you geniuses that are rooting against the Dolphins and calling yourself fans may get someone that can't do anything with what we have now.

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 04:48 PM
The QB is the most important position on the field. Secure him and build around him, not the other way around. Trying to do it the other way around is why we've sucked for 10 years.

No, We've sucked for 10 years because we didnt have talented coaches or front office with enough knowledge to do what was necessary.

IMissGadsden
10-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Luck does not guarantee wins. He has something called a great offensive line and a running game at Stanford. So all of you geniuses that are rooting against the Dolphins and calling yourself fans may get someone that can't do anything with what we have now.

THIS. Finally someone gets it.

Mr. Magoo
10-30-2011, 04:50 PM
You anti-Luck people act like what we cheer for has any effect on the actual outcome. It doesn't matter who or what you cheer for. Embarrassing? Maybe. But that's what happens to a fanbase that hasn't had much of anything to cheer for in the last decade + and most of that has to do with the fact that we haven't had a franchise QB. What is embarrassing is the team, players, GM, and coaches. They actually do have a say in outcomes.

Don't be so sure about that. The players know about Suck for Luck. It pisses them off. It hurts the locker room. I personally think it's getting to them and is making them play worse (especially when the game gets tight), which of course I think is just wonderful.

None of the "saviors" who have come to the Dolphins have been able to fix the QB situation. So now it's fallen to the fans, and other than a few exceptions who are far more annoying than they are eloquent, we're getting the job done. Nine more losses to go. Let's keep up the pressure.

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 04:50 PM

NEWS FLASH

We DONT GIVE A **** WHAT YOU THINK.

Go live your own life. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR KIND OF FAN.

YOU ARE OUTNUMBERED. Go live your life and cheer how you want and stop trying to tell anyone else how to live their life

Gonzo
10-30-2011, 04:51 PM
We should merge all these threads into one "It's the fans fault" superthread.

Gonzo
10-30-2011, 04:52 PM
No, We've sucked for 10 years because we didnt have talented coaches or front office with enough knowledge to do what was necessary.Which is to get a franchise QB because no other position matters until you have that.

MiamiDolfan85
10-30-2011, 04:53 PM
i dont know...Marshalls a pretty good receiver.....Thomas looks like he's gonna be a good one,just needs some off-season conditioning and training camp.Charles Clay imo is the most under-utilized player on offense.

I disagree,Luck do a lot with this current roster,albeit I would hope not to.

Sirspud
10-30-2011, 04:53 PM

I don't see how anyone thinks Luck could do anything if the line blocks the way it did on that last Dolphins drive. Or should I say, doesn't block, because the QB can do nothing when swamped by 3 defenders almost immediately after the ball being snapped.

IMissGadsden
10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
NEWS FLASH

We DONT GIVE A **** WHAT YOU THINK.

Go live your own life. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR KIND OF FAN.

YOU ARE OUTNUMBERED. Go live your life and cheer how you want and stop trying to tell anyone else how to live their life, you nazi

Go support the Jills. I want wins, and we'll see where it goes from there. If you want the humility of an 0-16 season, more power to ya. I can't support that though, good sir

jdm07m
I agree that its generally not right to root against your own team....but considering the circumstances, (Luck potentially being the second coming of John Elway)...your delusional if you think losing is not in our best interests...this team has nearly flat-lined... this team needs something to look forward too... losing provides us that spark for the future...sacrifice one season for a good chance of success in 15 seasons? how does that not sound rational? the ends justify the means... plain and simple

Scrap
seriously.

we need some moderators to crack down on these fans who make threads to insult dolphin fans and argue.Now I am not saying that this was the best type of thread to start, but how can you of all people talk about people insulting Dolphins fans when you continue to refer to people who don't accept your cause as Nazi's? You do know what the Nazi's did right? Those are some pretty big words.

MiamiDolfan85
10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
We should merge all these threads into one "It's the fans fault" superthread.I dont know....its kind of entertaining.Like that famous cliche,as fans we "can always work on ourselves".

fishfanmiami
Well this season is a complete waste.

Just look at it this way.

We suck so bad for ONE YEAR...but then the wins in theory should come the next 10.

THis season is over anyway so come April you rather have a top 3 draft pick than 15.

Anybody who takes time to post here is a true fan to me. I rooted all day for a win but somehow felt good about staying winless and Feeley leading the Rams to victory.
I don't advocate SFL but the end result sounds pretty good to me about now.
With 7 loses we are OFFICALLY not making the playoffs (sounds funny) and rooting for improved draft position makes since.

J. David Wannyheimer
Get the #1 pick, draft Luck with it. Use the #33 pick on a right tackle. You'd rather trade picks #2, 34, #66 and just get Luck?

PATSSUCK
10-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't see how anyone thinks Luck could do anything if the line blocks the way it did on that last Dolphins drive. Or should I say, doesn't block, because the QB can do nothing when swamped by 3 defenders almost immediately after the ball being snapped. I guess we shouldnt draft a QB then let's just continue drafting lineman.

KL24
10-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't see how anyone thinks Luck could do anything if the line blocks the way it did on that last Dolphins drive. Or should I say, doesn't block, because the QB can do nothing when swamped by 3 defenders almost immediately after the ball being snapped.

Which is mind-boggling itself since we have 2 recent 1st rounders(one #1) overall on that line. Aaron Rodgers had shaky lines for a few years. Did it stop him from putting up numbers? No one is saying Luck is going to come in here and win a Super Bowl in year 1, but no way do you pass or even think about passing on a QB of that calibre just because your current OL stinks. That's a lot easier to fix than landing a franchise QB

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 04:59 PM
THIS. Finally someone gets it.Damn, I didn't realize that if we got Luck we'd only have a one year window to build around him :rolleyes2:

Luck gives us a better chance of winning long term over going 6-10 this year and drafting a right tackle with the 12th pick in the draft and STILL not having a qb worth a damn.

electrolyte
Now I am niot saying that this was the best type of thread to start, but how can you of all people talk about people insulting Dolphins fans when you continue to refer to people who don't accept your cause as Nazi's? .

are you a troll? now you are making things up intentionally to troll dolphin fans? we're going to need some moderators in here soon.

the only time i called anyone that is when they insult dolphin fans and try to tell them how to live their life.

ROADRUNNER
Man we dont need to suck for Luck.........We just suck.

Vertical Limit
10-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Another week, another of the same thread. :lol: You're embarrassing to life since you love mediocrity.

Mr. Magoo
10-30-2011, 05:04 PM
are you a troll? now you are making things up intentionally to troll dolphin fans? we're going to need some moderators in here soon.

the only time i called anyone a nazi is when they insult dolphin fans and try to tell them how to live their life.

You shouldn't call anyone a Nazi. I don't care what they say. People are flippant with that term in a way that is offensive, stupid and repulsive. As I said in another thread, cut it out. You're only getting poop on the people who agree with you.

MiamiDolphins34

You dont get it.

SarahAnn
Man we dont need to suck for Luck.........We just suck.

Thats how I'm starting to feel. There doesn't need to be a suck for luck campaign, the teams doing it well enough on its own without being told to do so.

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Thats how I'm starting to feel. There doesn't need to be a suck for luck campaign, the teams doing it well enough on its own without being told to do so.

uh, that's how Suck For Luckers already felt. It took you 0-7 to understand? All the while trying to make other dolphin fans feel bad for seeing farther down the road than you can? Quite hypocritical or no?

Harry_Bagpipe
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Chugga chugga chugga. The SFL train is getting bigger and bigger.

Hello, my name is Harry bagpipe and I've been on the SFL train since the browns game

All aboard!!!

Suck for luck. Suck for luck. Suck for luck

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
You shouldn't call anyone a Nazi. I don't care what they say. People are flippant with that term in a way that is offensive, stupid and repulsive. As I said in another thread, cut it out. You're only getting poop on the people who agree with you.

The only two things more embarrassing than a SFLer is someone who tells another fan how they should root for their team, and this years actual team.

Scrap
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM

the only time i called anyone that is when they insult dolphin fans and try to tell them how to live their life.Nobody is telling you how to live your life.

cowboy82nd
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
lol, the Falcons got ROBBED on that trade. You want Miami to give up an entire draft or two to grab a QB, when they could just keep losing and get him plus the first pick in every other round?

What did Atlanta give up?

Mr. Magoo
10-30-2011, 05:09 PM
The only two things more embarrassing than a SFLer is someone who tells another fan how they should root for their team, and this years actual team.

:bobdole:

Oh, the irony.

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 05:10 PM
uh, that's how Suck For Luckers already felt. It took you 0-7 to understand? All the while trying to make other dolphin fans feel bad for seeing farther down the road than you can? Quite hypocritical or no?

Not at all, I've always said that I respect peoples choices in how they cheer for their team, I just find SFLers wrong in their choice. Just like I respect your RIGHT to call someone a Nazi, even if I don't respect WHAT you say.

J. David Wannyheimer

Atlanta traded the #27, 59 and 124 picks last year, plus their #1 and #4 this year to move up to take Jones.

tylerdolphin
Chill guys. Nazi references, implying that others are gay, ect. is not cool. Im gonna have to start throwing infractions around.

GoonBoss
Coping mechanism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coping_%28psychology%29

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 05:11 PM
:bobdole:

Oh, the irony.

What I meant is its embarrassing to be seen with other Dolphins fans who are actively cheering against the dolphins.

electrolyte
Look at this disgusting thread.

It should be moved to the trash bin. Only causes fans to fight amongst each other and we don't need that.

Harry_Bagpipe

Wait a sec. You are constantly insulting slfers and telling them how they should always root for the phins to win

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Not at all, I've always said that I respect peoples choices in how they cheer for their team, I just find SFLers wrong in their choice. Just like I respect your RIGHT to call someone a Nazi, even if I don't respect WHAT you say.

So you call the SFL crowd embarrassing, state that you would be delighted if Luck refuses to play for Miami just to spite the SFL crew, and then say that you "respect peoples choices in how they cheer for their team." Lol.

How's your Mark Sanchez fathead looking these days?

electrolyte
Chill guys. Nazi references, implying that others are gay, ect. is not cool. Im gonna have to start throwing infractions around.

can we just lock this thread?

it serves no purpose but to make dolphin fans fight each other. now dolphin fans (on both sides) are going to get hit with infractions and the frustration is really with our situation with our beloved dolphin team.

Harry_Bagpipe
Wait a sec. You are constantly insulting slfers and telling them how they should always root for the phins to win

And you openly said that you hope luck pulls an Eli to spite the sflers. That's as embarrassing as it gets

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 05:13 PM
2011: 1st, 2nd, 4th
2012: 1st, 4th

And that was to move up to 6, for the second receiver on the board. Andrew Luck at #1 overall will demand far, far more than that.

GoonBoss
Look at this disgusting thread.

It should be moved to the trash bin. Only causes fans to fight amongst each other and we don't need that.

You really don't get the free exchange of ideas thing?

SarahAnn

Never insulting them. But I can campaign as much as I want for Play for Pride just as you can campaign for Suck for Luck.

I'm a very spiteful person.

Scrap
10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Chill guys. Nazi references, implying that others are gay, ect. is not cool. Im gonna have to start throwing infractions around. I fixed my contribution. Let's see if anyone else is man enough to fix there's.

ROADRUNNER
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Just keep dancing when you get called out on obvious troll statements, eventually you're going to stub your toe.

fishfanmiami
You guys started the SFL thing after New England with the team 0 and 1. Maybe you could see the future but most of us can not. Now that the team is OFFICALLY not going to the post season hoping to improve draft position is reasonable to me. It was hard to agree with when the team still had a chance. How about everyone just tone it down a bit and let the season play out. No need to insult anybody. PERIOD

electrolyte
And you openly said that you hope luck pulls an Eli to spite the sflers. That's as embarrassing as it gets

Don't forget this little gem by SarahAnn.

Personally I would love to see the reaction of the fans if we go 0-16 and then the NFL take away the first pick for throwing games more than I would like to see him return to college for another year. If hes serious about sitting out a year based on who drafts him he would be smart to not sign an agent to keep the college possibility open to him.

tylerdolphin
10-30-2011, 05:17 PM

I laughed. Hard. Props :lol:.

miamiron
Never insulting them. But I can campaign as much as I want for Play for Pride just as you can campaign for Suck for Luck.

And I can hope Colombo will block someone someday

electrolyte
I fixed my contribution. Let's see if anyone else is man enough to fix there's.

I already went back and edited out

again, threads like these only cause in-fighting amongst dolphin fans. everyone is frustrated.

Mr. Magoo

I'm a very spiteful person.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

rainmaker1313
10-30-2011, 05:18 PM

You mean like Manning's Colts 12-4 and Manning-less Colts 0-8 ??????

Again, not rooting against the Dolphins, just not into them winning, doesnt do anything for me when we are already 0-6????
Best realistic scenarion, we pull out 3 wins. Hey if that gives you satisfaction, more power to you, doesnt do anything for me!

SarahAnn
Don't forget this little gem by SarahAnn.

I still would LOVE to see the reaction from SFLers.

If people are insulted by my generalities than perhaps its because they are feeling guilty? I don't target people for insult.

cowboy82nd
2011: 1st, 2nd, 4th
2012: 1st, 4th

And that was to move up to 6, for the second receiver on the board. Andrew Luck at #1 overall will demand far, far more than that.

No, they didn't give up a first round pick in 2011. That's the round they took Jones in. They swapped first round picks.

Scrap
10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I already went back and edited out Thank you, sir. Now let's both just leave this thread and let everyone else get in trouble. Okay? LoL

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I absolutely LOVED the Sanchez spread in GQ.

ROADRUNNER
10-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Chill guys. Nazi references, implying that others are gay, ect. is not cool. Im gonna have to start throwing infractions around.http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/10/hitler_baby11988-1.jpg

GoonBoss
10-30-2011, 05:21 PM

If people are insulted by my generalities than perhaps its because they are feeling guilty? I don't target people for insult.

Heh. Girl after my heart. I'm an evil ******* myself.

tylerdolphin
10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Why is everyone here on a damn Miami Dolphins message board arguing over who is really a Dolphins fan. You guys know how dumb that is? Some of us have different ideas (and the non SFLers ARE wrong :lol:), but I doubt many people posting on a 0-7 team's message board are fake fans. Think about it. Lets just keep it civilized. Jesus, we arent Jets fans. We should do better.

GoonBoss
10-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Why is everyone here on a damn Miami Dolphins message board arguing over who is really a Dolphins fan. You guys know how dumb that is? Some of us have different ideas (and the non SFLers ARE wrong :lol:), but I doubt many people posting on a 0-7 team's message board are fake fans. Think about it. Lets just keep it civilized. Jesus, we arent Jets fans. We should do better.

Dogs and cats....SLEEPING TOGETHER! IT'S ANARCHY!

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 05:24 PM

yeah reading that makes me feel ashamed.

apologies to all dolphin fans, much love.

X-Pacolypse
10-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't hate this team, I hate what this team has become. The Dolphins were once one of the gold standard franchises of the NFL, these days the Dolphins have as much luster as the turd I just flushed down the toilet. Bottom line, if going winless means we can FINALLY have a regime that understands the importance of the quarterback position, then I'll root my @ss off for this team to lose every Sunday. I'll do the J-E-T-S chant, and wear a Sanchez jersey if it means we can have Andrew Luck. I'm sick of the mediocrity and losing, this not who the Miami Dolphins are as a franchise.

Harry_Bagpipe
10-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Feeling guilty? Nah, I feel great. Actually drinking a couple of celebration beers because of the game. When the giants scored a td I cheered and cheered and cheered. It felt wondrous

Suck for luck

Hurricane_Shula
No, they didn't give up a first round pick in 2011. That's the round they took Jones in. They swapped first round picks.Semantics. Doesn't change the fact that they got ripped off and trying to trade up for Luck would demand an insane amount of pics.

Marino1313

Your embarrassing! You just love those 6-8 win seasons eh?

ROADRUNNER
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/10/l-1.gif.............LOL

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Semantics. Doesn't change the fact that they got ripped off and trying to trade up for Luck would demand an insane amount of pics.

Yeah, and to be honest this is something I'm concerned about. I know Miami is going to try to trade up for Luck, which means we're either looking at getting the #2 QB prospect or giving Indianapolis two full drafts in exchange for one guy who's never played a down in the NFL.

Elle Clouds
10-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Don't buy Dolphin tickets, merchandise or show any support.

Duh!

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, and to be honest this is something I'm concerned about. I know Miami is going to try to trade up for Luck, which means we're either looking at getting the #2 QB prospect or giving Indianapolis two full drafts in exchange for one guy who's never played a down in the NFL.

if we don't get the #1 overall....... i don't trade up ;/ just take barkley/jones and move on.

it sucks but the other QB's are good enough to warrant saying no to pissing away too many draft picks on luck.

rainmaker1313
10-30-2011, 05:30 PM

Its obvious if he misses Gadsden, he loves mediocricy

Elle Clouds
10-30-2011, 05:31 PM
You sir, are an idiot. Go support the Jills. I want wins, and we'll see where it goes from there. If you want the humility of an 0-16 season, more power to ya. I can't support that though, good sir

What's the difference between a 0-16 season and a 1-15 season?

Cuban305Fan
10-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I love the Dolphins, but enough is enough. Dolphins need that future QB that plays smart and knows how to win. We as fans are not making the Dolphins lose games. They're 0-7, not us. I want the Dolphins to have Andrew Luck.

JimmyNock
10-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Totally agree, I would like Luck as much as anyone. But I don't root against my team. The bottom line is we will not get the first pick anyway because the Colts are terrible, they aren't even in any games. There is no way they are going to win a game we will win a game or two.

rainmaker1313
10-30-2011, 05:33 PM
if we don't get the #1 overall....... i don't trade up ;/ just take barkley/jones and move on.

it sucks but the other QB's are good enough to warrant saying no to pissing away too many draft picks on luck.

not Jones???

ROADRUNNER
10-30-2011, 05:33 PM
All's well that end's well.............http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/10/0134-1.jpg

rainmaker1313
10-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Totally agree, I would like Luck as much as anyone. But I don't root against my team. The bottom line is we will not get the first pick anyway because the Colts are terrible, they aren't even in any games. There is no way they are going to win a game we will win a game or two.

So you see how much a QB means???? Do you want the Colts to have another 12 years of great QB????

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 05:35 PM

it sucks but the other QB's are good enough to warrant saying no to pissing away too many draft picks on luck.Agreed. The bidding war for Luck will be crazy. After watching last night's game, I don't think it'll be the end of the world if we have to settle on Barkley. We need a franchise qb one way or another though. Enough is enough.

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 05:39 PM
All's well that end's well.............http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/10/0134-1.jpg

The extent of your collection of racist pics is kinda frightening.

GoonBoss
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Duh!

I know, right?!

ROADRUNNER
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo&feature=player_detailpage

Batroc
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Dogs and cats....SLEEPING TOGETHER! IT'S ANARCHY!

"And the flowers are STILL standing..." Awesome reference lol

NY8123
10-30-2011, 05:45 PM
I fixed my contribution. Let's see if anyone else is man enough to fix there's.

I already went back and edited out

again, threads like these only cause in-fighting amongst dolphin fans. everyone is frustrated.

Thank you both for stepping up and fixing the frustration between you. If more people did this themselves the orange username guys would have an easier job.

PHINATIC13
10-30-2011, 05:48 PM

....because of the high level of immaturity on the board....quite sad actually...

72champagne
10-30-2011, 05:49 PM
the jets loss sucked the life out of me for this team. it bugs me when they lose, cause they're my team, but believing it will eventually bring positive change takes the sting out of it. actually CHEERING when they screw up isn't a matter of choice, i simply am not capable of that.

tylerdolphin
10-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Thank you both for stepping up and fixing the frustration between you. If more people did this themselves the orange username guys would have an easier job.

And there would be less users with pink usernames.

Yamilo
10-30-2011, 05:51 PM

Can you please update your signature? Thank you :)

Batroc
10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Blah Blah Blah. Look, I respect that some of you are aboard the "Play For Pride" train as Sarah Ann put it. In years past I would have agreed, but in my mind enough is enough. This is a vicious cycle that can only be altered by changing the culture which means drafting a franchise qb. If it means absorbing a winless season that's already lost anyway to get Luck in a Fins uni then I'm all for it! I'm not going to let some "fan" who obviously has no problem with settling for mediocrity (hell, we're not even mediocre anymore) question my fanhood for hoping for a better future.

HeartbreakKid28
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
People---just STOP hating on each other. Who cares if people are cheering for losses or cheering for meaningless wins.

Want to know why I'm happy with this loss? We played a pretty good game...if we had a Top QB we would have won. We keep losing like this it shows you have talent, but are missing the BIGGEST pieces. 1. Franchise QB. 2. Good Coaching. 3. Free Safety. Some could argue whether FS is that big, but I think so. We get burned there. THAT is why people want Luck. If we get Luck and a top Coach, that fixes two things, and maybe we can go after a FS in Free Agency. And use the 2nd and 3rd round to boost the O-Line.

whizafriz
10-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Whether you want the team to Suck 4 Luck or not, the fact remains:

The Dolphins DO Suck, whether the fans want them to or not.

Want us to start believing in you? Win a game already and show us you're worth cheering for.
I cant root for a team that defeats itself in the SAME. WAYS. EVERY. WEEK. Sorry, I'm not a fan of this masochism I watch every sunday. The team is practically "Sucking 4 The Fans."
If sucking 4 luck means that era goes bye-bye, count me in.

chopper13
10-30-2011, 06:01 PM
You cannot refer to these jerks as fans. They are a bunch of babies who have not witnessed the Super Bowls and legacy of this team. They just need to have their gratification immediately.

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 06:01 PM
People---just STOP hating on each other. Who cares if people are cheering for losses or cheering for meaningless wins.

Want to know why I'm happy with this loss? We played a pretty good game...if we had a Top QB we would have won. We keep losing like this it shows you have talent, but are missing the BIGGEST pieces. 1. Franchise QB. 2. Good Coaching. 3. Free Safety. Some could argue whether FS is that big, but I think so. We get burned there. THAT is why people want Luck. If we get Luck and a top Coach, that fixes two things, and maybe we can go after a FS in Free Agency. And use the 2nd and 3rd round to boost the O-Line.

Our secondary is atrocious

I would throw TE in there as well

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 06:03 PM
You cannot refer to these jerks as fans. They are a bunch of babies who have not witnessed the Super Bowls and legacy of this team. They just need to have their gratification immediately.

How does wanting to take all of our lumps now in order to bring in better talent so that we can win later qualify as instant gratification?

SarahAnn
Our secondary is atrocious

I would throw TE in there as well

Dont forget the O-Line

NY8123
Blah Blah Blah. Look, I respect that some of you are aboard the "Play For Pride" train as Sarah Ann put it. In years past I would have agreed, but in my mind enough is enough. This is a vicious cycle that can only be altered by changing the culture which means drafting a franchise qb. If it means absorbing a winless season that's already lost anyway to get Luck in a Fins uni then I'm all for it! I'm not going to let some "fan" who obviously has no problem with settling for mediocrity (hell, we're not even mediocre anymore) question my fanhood for hoping for a better future.

Why would you not play for pride? I mean really if you want to half *** something why not full *** it and just forfeit the season. Pack it in, refund the money, fire the staff, get the players some longer healing time and then get ready for the next season.

The statement I made above is as absurd to me as throwing games to get Andrew Luck. I will always root for my team to win. Do you know how ****ing happy I was the day I came home from hunting and watched Camarillo make that catch and save 0-16. I will never root for Miami to lose, NEVER.

electrolyte
10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Dont forget the O-Line

which is ironic since our HC is an O-Line guru and we spent 2 out of our 4 past 1st rounders on linemen.

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Why would you not play for pride? I mean really if you want to half *** something why not full *** it and just forfeit the season. Pack it in, refund the money, fire the staff, get the players some longer healing time and then get ready for the next season.

The statement I made above is as absurd to me as throwing games to get Andrew Luck. I will always root for my team to win. Do you know how ****ing happy I was the day I came home from hunting and watched Camarillo make that catch and save 0-16. I will never root for Miami to lose, NEVER.

I was in Baltimore the day that happened and I can tell you, the people at the bar I was at were NOT happy. Was one of the bet feelings I've experienced as a Dolphins fan. Though, beating the Jets to win the division was on another level completely.

Hurricane_Shula
10-30-2011, 06:08 PM
You cannot refer to these jerks as fans. They are a bunch of babies who have not witnessed the Super Bowls and legacy of this team. They just need to have their gratification immediately.That's funny considering the Dolphins won their super bowls in their 7th and 8th seasons of existence. If you were around to witness that, you were gratified immediately. Those of us in our twenties have never even seen the Dolphins play in a super bowl, let alone win one. We're the long time suffering fans, not the old timers. The old-timers got to witness and live through the glory, the younger generation has not witnessed anything positive in their entire lifetimes.

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 06:10 PM
which is ironic since our HC is an O-Line guru and we spent 2 out of our 4 past 1st rounders on linemen.

Long is a solid lineman, Pouncey is servicable. Vernon Carey and Marc Colombo make my skin crawl though.

JCane
10-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Threads like this are why I love this place and continue to post here on a daily basis.

And I love how everyone is blaming everyone on the team...except the QB lol.

It's like some of you guys have the secret agenda and won't admit it. I think some of you want mediocre QB's for remainder of your fanhood because you're afraid that we might have someone better than Dan Marino staring us in the face. You just can't let go of Dan Marino for the life of you.

Dan was great. He always will be. He'll forever have a special place in this guy's heart, but it's time to move forward.

Batroc
10-30-2011, 06:16 PM

There's quite a difference between rooting for them to lose and not being all that excited if they win. At this point winning does nothing, so why wouldn't you want to secure a better future for the franchise? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should continue to cheer for those 6 or 7 wins per year to keep us out of a decent draft position and give Ross an excuse to keep Tony and Jeff employed. Go ahead and cheer for that if that makes you a better fan than me but I'm thinking long term. Sorry but again I'm not going to let anyone question my fan status for it. I've been cheering this team for around 25 years now and if I wasnt a true fan I'd be off posting on a Saints or Pats forum instead of venting here. Just because my (or any other SFLer for that matter) idea of what being a true fan means differs from yours doesn't mean I deserve to be called out for it.

DisturbedShifty
10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
To all those saying "if you cheer to win now that means you are content with being mediocre." How do you know having one or two wins on the season WON'T be good (bad) enough to draft Luck? And besides how do any of you know Luck will succeed at the professional level? None of you know. So quit bashing on those who don't care to join the Lions in Winlessberg.

Batroc
10-30-2011, 06:20 PM
To all those saying "if you cheer to win now that means you are content with being mediocre." How do you know having one or two wins on the season WON'T be good (bad) enough to draft Luck? And besides how do any of you know Luck will succeed at the professional level? None of you know. So quit bashing on those who don't care to join the Lions in Winlessberg.

Ummm that would be great, except for the fact that this thread was created to bash the "Suck For Luck" fans, not the other way around...

fishfanmiami
10-30-2011, 06:20 PM
That's funny considering the Dolphins won their super bowls in their 7th and 8th seasons of existence. If you were around to witness that, you were gratified immediately. Those of us in our twenties have never even seen the Dolphins play in a super bowl, let alone win one. We're the long suffering fans, not the old timers. At least the old-timers got to witness and live through the glory, the younger generation has not witnessed anything positive.
Excellant point. I'm an older dude and actually went to games back in the good old days. Three super bowl trips in a row hooked me for life. Maybe that memory lets me suffer through bad seasons easier than you young gents and ladies who never had that experience.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 06:29 PM

I don't think the Colts will win more than one game (and that's still a gamble) unless Manning plays in 3-5 games for them. They are that bad.

RockyMtnPhinfan
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I really couldn't care less about what you think, about how i think about my team. We've sucked for too long. It's time for a change (AGAIN). I want us to totally suck, because sucking halfway gets you nothing. N_O_T_H_I_N_G
Sometimes you have to have an eye towards the future, this happens when you finally wake up and realize how ****ing bad the present is. That has happened for me.

arcadiafinfan
10-30-2011, 06:39 PM
How do you know having one or two wins on the season WON'T be good (bad) enough to draft Luck? And besides how do any of you know Luck will succeed at the professional level?

Seriously, do you know any football??

flynryan15
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Roflmao people actually have hope for this flea circus!

Spesh
10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Threads like this are why I love this place and continue to post here on a daily basis.

And I love how everyone is blaming everyone on the team...except the QB lol.

It's like some of you guys have the secret agenda and won't admit it. I think some of you want mediocre QB's for remainder of your fanhood because you're afraid that we might have someone better than Dan Marino staring us in the face. You just can't let go of Dan Marino for the life of you.

Dan was great. He always will be. He'll forever have a special place in this guy's heart, but it's time to move forward.

This is the part that makes me laugh. The "logic" that this team has more problems than quarterback is hilarious. Are people really suggesting that because we have other holes we should ignore the biggest gaping wound for mere paper cuts?

No team in the league is perfect. Yet to suggest we pass on a potential franchise quarterback because...ugh, he might bust...or, ugh, he might get sacked a few times, is madness. For the second time in 5 years, we are struggling to win a single game. We just have seen what happens when you pass on quarterbacks.
And yet, some on here are totally fine with skipping over that position because, well, we have other problems. Incrediable.

arcadiafinfan
10-30-2011, 06:48 PM
This is the part that makes me laugh. The "logic" that this team has more problems than quarterback is hilarious. Are people really suggesting that because we have other holes we should ignore the biggest gaping wound for mere paper cuts?

No team in the league is perfect. Yet to suggest we pass on a potential franchise quarterback because...ugh, he might bust...or, ugh, he might get sacked a few times, is madness. For the second time in 5 years, we are struggling to win a single game. We just have seen what happens when you pass on quarterbacks.
And yet, some on here are totally fine with skipping over that position because, well, we have other problems. Incrediable.

You are making too much sense, you are "embarrassing".

J. David Wannyheimer
10-30-2011, 06:49 PM

The Colts go from having 10 wins for 10 years in a row to being winless and not at all competitive. What's the difference? One player.

You can succeed in this league with one great player in the most important position, and JAGs in every other position. JAG, just another guy. The Colts have a whole team of JAGs and they've won a Super Bowl and how many division titles in the past ten years?

AphexPhin
10-30-2011, 06:50 PM

You obviously don't see the BIG picture.

Mr. Magoo
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
You obviously don't see the BIG picture.

That poster doesn't see any picture.

Dolph N.Fan
10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
I would root for the Dolphins if there was something to root for. Tony and Co has failed at giving Miami fans something to root for.

DeathStar
10-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Interesting notion by JCane...

The mediocre fans don't want another elite QB to replace Dan...

MIAorDIE
10-30-2011, 07:34 PM
So, just because a franchise sets up shop near your place of birth you're obligated to support them financially no matter what? What has this team done for you? Your capitalist indoctrination is sickening and your obstinate allegiance is not in any way conducive to the success of this team.
#suckforluck

Dr. Phin
10-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Wow...never heard this last week...or the week before...probably will hear it next week too...

Johnny O
10-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Your capitalist indoctrination is sickening and your obstinate allegiance is not in any way conducive to the success of this team.
#suckforluck
Anybody ever tell you you sound like Dr.Evil?

fishfanmiami
10-30-2011, 07:40 PM
So, just because a franchise sets up shop near your place of birth you're obligated to support them financially no matter what? What has this team done for you? Your capitalist indoctrination is sickening and your obstinate allegiance is not in any way conducive to the success of this team.
#suckforluck

Vladimir Lenin is a Dolfan ?

Finland
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
OK here it is. I was a fan of the Dolphins, Now I just cheer for them. Someone tell me why I would call myself a fan of anything that has gone on in the last 12 months. I hope to call myself a fan again in the future when they do something I like. So if you are a fan, please tell me what has happened in the last year that you applaud.

I applaud nothing.

I'm just a past fan, that still cheers for the Dolphins, and hopes they do something soon to make me want to call myself a fan again.

So ya SFL, who cares!

Dolph N.Fan
10-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Why waste the time and effort when you know the Dolphins are going lose? Even the Dolphins players aren't expecting to win,you can see it on their faces and through their body language.

Finland
10-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Why waste the time and effort when you know the Dolphins are going lose? Even the Dolphins players aren't expecting to win,you can see it on their faces and through their body language.

My love and interest in the Dolphins will always be, that's why I watch, even if I hate what has been done to the team I loved.

JCane
10-30-2011, 07:59 PM
"How can you people root for the team to lose?"

Well, we're not really rooting for the team to lose. We don't have to do that. All we have to do is sit down and watch them lose without our help. We step on the field...the loss is coming. We don't have to cheer it on.

:idk:

You dudes just accept it and it gets easier. Then you're not having to come here all mad trying to defend what a super fan you are.

:lol:

Find better **** to do.

WeVie
10-30-2011, 08:42 PM
I sit and watch each and every week hoping for and pulling for them to win, yet when they don't, I am relieved. I hope they get the number one pick and I hope they are finally smart enough to draft us a QB that has the potential to be a franchise QB.

All we have to do is look at the Colts. There is no way in hell that they are winless if Manning was playing. They would be fighting for a division title again this year.

CalDolFan1014
10-30-2011, 08:44 PM
More beating a dead horse. Same thing every week around here.

"You're not a real fan cuz you want your team to win and screw up draft position...blah, blah, blah!"

"You're not a real fan cuz how can you root for your team to lose....blah I know better than you blah blah blah"

If you want to root for SFL, fine. If you want your team to win, fine. But really...how does it NOT make you a fan either way? Are there any guarantees Luck is going to be good? Are there any guarantees that a win one week is going to mess up our draft position? SO many variables left with a little over half the season to go and MONTHS until the NFL draft.

My view is we're lucky to win 3 or 4 games this season. I would still like to see a win at SOME point this season. Does that make me less of a fan cuz I don't want to go 0-16? I would also love to have Andrew Luck on this team. Does that make me less of a fan? Really? Who determines my or another's fanhood? Jeez. What's embarrassing is that we're questioning each others fanhood because we don't agree with how someone else roots for the Dolphins. Get a grip!

tylerdolphin
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
My view is we're lucky to win 3 or 4 games this season.

Wat. Pretty sure 2 wins is our absolute ceiling this year.

Cleetus
10-30-2011, 08:55 PM
You root for the team how you want to, please do not impose your method on me. Personally I am hoping for the number 1 pick and some hope for this train wreck of a team.

Keonxl
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM

He has a great offensive line? Ha thats laughable, you obviously didn't watch last nights game. Next thing you will say is he has good receivers.

gattis
10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
If the mods merge every thread about SFL into one superthread, why haven't they done the same for these anti-SFL posts? There seems to be equally many of them.

dolpns13
10-30-2011, 10:38 PM
You so-called fans are EMBARRASSING.

Right back atcha.. You so-called fans who love losing seasons and mediocrity are far more embarrassing. If you love to root for crap teams that continue losing ways go root for Cleveland or St. Louis. I for one am sick of losing and welcome change.

SarahAnn
10-30-2011, 10:54 PM
If the mods merge every thread about SFL into one superthread, why haven't they done the same for these anti-SFL posts? There seems to be equally many of them.

You should contact a mod or admin with the suggestion like was suggest in the SFL megathread. Personally I think you've got a pretty good idea.

fishfanmiami
10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
You should contact a mod or admin with the suggestion like was suggest in the SFL megathread. Personally I think you've got a pretty good idea.

With 20 pages already just change the name of this one and merge the others.

gattis
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Personally I'd rather them stop merging the pro-SFL one. There's a lot of relevant SFL news and other stuff that should be on its own thread. Merging it all together makes it impossible to keep up.

Phins117
10-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Ok lets go 7 and 9 and get another lineman. =)

ROADRUNNER
10-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Anybody ever tell you you sound like Dr.Evil?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/10/austin_powers_dr_evil-1.jpg

Dick Pepperwood
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't have to root against my Dolphins, they have managed to Lose Just Fine 11 straight times...
I have been watching and going to games 20+ years and I am for the first time embarrassed to be a Fins Fan.
We are officially the worst team in the NFL right now.

Phantom
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
You can stop all the suck for Luck posts, the players get it, they are doing their part.

sharp
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM

I agree things need to be fixed elsewhere but look how close we are to putting one drive together to win over half our games this year. If we had that one drive we could have beaten the Texans, Browns, Giants, and Broncos. The Jets game was still close for the most part, a couple of dumb redzone trips in the Pats game, and the Chargers game wasn't that far fetched. Back up QB, losing our only real corner, and having our best RB out for half the year.. Marshall sucking, Nolan sucking, everything is so bad but we are normally pretty close. IF we were the Colts and we were to be blown out 62-7 then we would have serious concern, and we still do, but a franchise clutch QB might be the difference between 3-13 and 11-5.

Also if you finish with the worst record, you get the #1 pick in every other round, significantly improving our chances to get better quickly.

tay0365
10-31-2011, 04:59 PM

Nothing is guaranteed, even with Luck. Rooting for your team to lose on purpose is very sad.

CharlieTheTuna
10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah, its so wrong of fins fans to become apathetic after staring 0-16 down for the second time in 5 years...

We were all on board to get that almighty win back in 2007. But sorry, we just don't give a **** about meaningless wins anymore. Constantly facing the prospect of going Defeated is so much more embarrassing than simply doing it once.

The entire SFL thing is a reflection of the faith we have in our FO and not on our own individual character. Open your eyes, the team doesn't even care this year. You're the only one's left.

Harry_Bagpipe
10-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Personally I'd rather them stop merging the pro-SFL one. There's a lot of relevant SFL news and other stuff that should be on its own thread. Merging it all together makes it impossible to keep up.

I agree with this. Each week it gets more and more interesting as new information comes out that keeps the situation relevant and topical. I dont see why hate filled "SFL fans are an embarrassment" threads gets to have a life of its own while the actual discussion of new information that could be vital to the teams future gets banished to the abyss.

Mr. Magoo
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree with this. Each week it gets more and more interesting as new information comes out that keeps the situation relevant and topical. I dont see why hate filled "SFL fans are an embarrassment" threads gets to have a life of its own while the actual discussion of new information that could be vital to the teams future gets banished to the abyss.

Or there could just be a policy that anyone who creates one of those threads -- one like this -- gets an infraction and the thread is immediately deleted. I would be fine with that, too.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
What? Are you kidding? Joel Segal of Good Morning America calls this the Feel Good Thread of the Year.

Shouright
10-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Really these threads simply demonstrate people's inability to stand on their own two feet, since the very basis for the threads involves wanting or needing other people to think or feel similarly to oneself.

Is it not okay if some fans want to lose games and get the first pick in the draft, while others want to win? Can people not be different?

Who cares what other people are doing with regard to this topic? Is it really that important?

DeathStar
10-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Some fans want the 5th or 7th pick in the draft.

Some fans want the 1st overall pick.

Which is better for the FUTURE?

(this season is over)

fishfanmiami
10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Few on here agrees with the title of this thread. It was oviously started to fan the fire and get strong responce from the SFL guys which it did. Everyone on here is a fan and wanting to get the best QB is not embaressing to anybody.
Niether is rooting for your team reguardless of their win lose record.

phinking
11-01-2011, 06:58 AM
The team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, EVER root against your team. That has to be a Cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road Luck can help, but I will never ever ever wish for the Dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to PURPOSELY ROOT AGAINST OUR TEAM is completely unacceptable, and CERTAINLY not something we should see on FINHEAVEN, site dedicated to the fans of Dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. COME ON FINHEAVEN. I don't like rooting against the Dolphins and I understand your point. BUT this upcoming draft will determine where this franchise will be heading over the 6 years at least. If it is going to start winning again it has to have a franchise QB and that's either Andrew Luck or Landry Jones. Period. Winning 5 to 7 games this year will not get us either of these Quarterbacks neither will it land us in the playoffs. So what do you want? a Dolphins team that can turn things around an win possibly 9 or 10 games next year or another season or several seasons of what we are getting this year. We all can agree the 2011 season is over. So what else is there to root for other than getting this team in position to draft truly impact players? Maybe we can hope players like Nate Garner, John Jerry, Chris Clemons Charles Clay and Pat Devlin get significant playing time to see if they have a future with this team. That is it. Not winning games at this point.

fishfanmiami
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't like rooting against the Dolphins and I understand your point. BUT this upcoming draft will determine where this franchise will be heading over the 6 years at least. If it is going to start winning again it has to have a franchise QB and that's either Andrew Luck or Landry Jones. Period. Winning 5 to 7 games this year will not get us either of these Quarterbacks neither will it land us in the playoffs. So what do you want? a Dolphins team that can turn things around an win possibly 9 or 10 games next year or another season or several seasons of what we are getting this year. We all can agree the 2011 season is over. So what else is there to root for other than getting this team in position to draft truly impact players? Maybe we can hope players like Nate Garner, John Jerry, Chris Clemons Charles Clay and Pat Devlin get significant playing time to see if they have a future with this team. That is it. Not winning games at this point.
With 7 loses and clearly out of the race I have no problem at all thinking about our draft position and the possibility of the 1st pick. I just thought it was premature to start hoping for loses after the Pat's game which some here did. In my humble opinion Cleveland clinched Tony's future and the 4 loses after that just sealed our fate and makes SFL an attractive possibility.

FrankieG
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I've rooted for horrible Dolphins teams for most of my teenage/adult life, but eventually you have to just let it go.

Finland
11-01-2011, 12:45 PM
The embarrassing part will be if we don't get the first pick or if we do and don't select right. It wound be so "post 2000 dolphins" for Ross to put a new team of managers in place and they come in and prove they are not bowing to general fan pressure, by selecting someone right off the wall. Recent history says that will happen. Please, I'm hoping for some change. This thing is long from over. The real question is, will Miami know what to do in April, regardless of the pick number. I've never liked SFL, but I don't mind getting the number one pick. I think there is a bit of evaluation to go still on who that pick would be. Seems like Luck is the guy, but there is a lot of time between now and then. Clearly the main issue is "who will run the team".

MinnesotaFin
11-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Seems like most of the SFL guys are either half a$$ fans or dont know much about football....Example being the guy who said the next 10 years we would win 10-16 games if we get Luck....GTFOH and learn the game before speaking son.

Yes at this point it's better to have the #1 pick compared to a later round pick but I will never cheer against my own team.

NJDOLPHAN76
11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Done with this team for this season, I will root for them every week, drink my face off, and end up numb just like the last 8 weeks. SUCK FOR LUCK!

DeathStar
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Argument is going forward to next year:

What would you rather have?

1st overall pick
OR
10th overall pick

It's really that simple.

flynryan15
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't cheer against them I just laugh at them! It keeps my sanity.

fishfanmiami
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't cheer against them I just laugh at them! It keeps my sanity.
I think that's where alot of us are. Rooted to beat the G men but just knew we'd find a way to lose at the end.
As usual they did not dissapoint in that aspect.

Harry_Bagpipe
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Seems like most of the SFL guys are either half a$$ fans or dont know much about football....Example being the guy who said the next 10 years we would win 10-16 games if we get Luck....GTFOH and learn the game before speaking son.

Yes at this point it's better to have the #1 pick compared to a later round pick but I will never cheer against my own team.

Disagree completely. I think most of the more knowledgable posters are SFLers. There are exceptions of course, and im not saying that all anti luckers dont know theire stuff, but to me the posters who convey the most information, analysis and game/player breakdowns happen to also be SFLers.

Check out the draft forum. The guys who have the most knowledge there are pretty much all SFLers. Dont wanna name names and forget anyone in particular, but they know who they are

fishfanmiami
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Disagree completely. I think most of the more knowledgable posters are SFLers. There are exceptions of course, and im not saying that all anti luckers dont know theire stuff, but to me the posters who convey the most information, analysis and game/player breakdowns happen to also be SFLers.

Check out the draft forum. The guys who have the most knowledge there are pretty much all SFLers. Dont wanna name names and forget anyone in particular, but they know who they are
I don't think Nubs , Vaark , Kdawg , Confessor and several others would agree with that.

Wildbill3
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
this team is embarrassing.

fishfanmiami
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
this team is embarrassing.

Something EVERYONE agrees with.

SabanHater
11-01-2011, 02:52 PM
not drafting a qb in round 1 since 1983 is embarrassing.
If I remember correctly.... I think he turned out to be pretty good.

endorPHINS72
11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Looking at this damned thread every time I come to FinHeaven is embarrassing. Can it please be moved to the depths???

Icemac0
11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure it's rooting out right against your team... it makes the sting of losses easier when you know what could be coming. Take 1 step back to take 2 forward.

Finland
11-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure it's rooting out right against your team... it makes the sting of losses easier when you know what could be coming. Take 1 step back to take 2 forward.

We could all stop wanting to lose if some of those other teams would win damn it!

Phins89
11-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Ya, I'm embarrassing because I want to see my team win and if that means my team has to tank a season (when they are already 0-7 and don't have a shot at making the playoffs, even if they won 9 games by some miracle), then you better believe I'm going to hope they lose out, if it means we finally end the joke that is the QB position for this team for the past decade.

You go ahead and hope they win a few games so they can miss out on drafting the most sure fire thing out of the draft since Manning. If anything, you sir, are an idiot and embarrassing. By rooting for this team to win, you want this team to suffer for another extended period of time without a franchise QB.

NY8123
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
How many people want this thread in the depths?

houtz
11-01-2011, 09:44 PM
depths

endorPHINS72
11-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Depths, please

NY8123
11-01-2011, 10:05 PM
and away we go.

SarahAnn
11-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Mediocre? We are not even close to mediocre.

Are you saying we are better or worse than Mediocre?

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Are you saying we are better or worse than Mediocre?i can answer that one for him.

considering mediocre is defined as being average, which usually means in sports 500 or so, 8-8, id say he is saying we are worse than mediocre.

since the 2004 season including the 2004 season, we have had a total of 2 seasons of 500 or above, one in which we only finished above 500 at 9-7 in 05 because of a 6 game win streak to end the year. we have been a lot worse than mediocre the past 8 years.