PDA

View Full Version : is chris johnson the biggest fantasy bust in fantasy history?

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Well let me first start by saying i am ****ing ticked. this douche bag is ****ing my team up like nothing else. i have not gotten one quality performance from him all season. its week 9 coming up, absurd.

That being said, do people think he is arguably the biggest fantasy bust in fantasy history? Now people can im sure think of people who underachieved, like players who were picked in the 1st 2nd rounds, but performed to 4th 5th round status, or players who were taken real early but got hurt for the year, etc. it happens.

But what the **** is this? Here is a guy who has avg 1500 yds and 17-20 tds a year, had a 2000 plus rushing season in 2009, is only 25 years old so its not his age, and he just completely falls off the face of the earth? I understand people can say the holdout crap. fine, so maybe an extra week or 2 during the season. But through 8 ****ing weeks, the guy has not only not performed like a 1st round pick, he has not even performed like a 12th round pick. i know he got a new contract, but i just dont believe that is the reason. Why the **** is he so bad this year?

Clipse
10-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Some players get their money and stop caring.

PhinsPhan11
10-30-2011, 11:31 PM
This.

Dolfan3773
10-31-2011, 05:38 PM
I passed on him in ALL of my leagues

Vertical Limit
11-04-2011, 04:20 AM
2.8 yards per carry is just pathetic. And to think.. even our own guy is doing better than him at 4.5 yards per carry (best of Reggie's career I believe), yet so many people on this site doubted his running ability. :lol:

To think Reggie is doing this with this horrid offensive line... I wonder what he's capable of if we really build this OL and Jake gets healthy.

emeraldfin
11-04-2011, 06:19 AM

I get that,but how can a 2000 yard back only 2 seasons ago, with no injury concerns drop that much.

Like were talking bout a back that relied mainly on his speed, so at 26 I doubt he has lost that already.

Maybe the amount of carries he was getting might have taken its toll on him.

Ricky_Fan34
11-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I got him via autodraft in both of my leagues. Had I drafted, I never would've gone near him because I've never been a Chris Johnson fan. Needless to say, I'm 1-7 and 2-6. Just horrid.

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I got him via autodraft in both of my leagues. Had I drafted, I never would've gone near him because I've never been a Chris Johnson fan. Needless to say, I'm 1-7 and 2-6. Just horrid.its easy to say that now, but why would you have not gone near him before?

we are talking about a guy here who had averaged in his first 3 seasons 1500 yds a season, was a threat running and catching the ball, and made big play after big play. no one can envisioned this, i dont care what anyone says. its not like hes 30 years old and washed up.

Ricky_Fan34
11-05-2011, 03:45 PM
its easy to say that now, but why would you have not gone near him before?

we are talking about a guy here who had averaged in his first 3 seasons 1500 yds a season, was a threat running and catching the ball, and made big play after big play. no one can envisioned this, i dont care what anyone says. its not like hes 30 years old and washed up.
Yes. I can say that undoubtedly. Last year I knew the guy in my league who had the #1 pick. He was stuck on whether or not to take CJ or AP #1 overall. I told him AP would always be a freak, but Chris Johnson will not rush for 2000 yards every year, maybe not even a 1000. CJ ended up having a decent year last year, but not as good as AP.

I don't mean to toot my own horn by saying I saw this coming, but I kindof did. As frustrating as it is since he's on both of my fantasy teams, it's kind of satisfying to see him struggle so terribly.

emeraldfin
11-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Speaking of RB fantasy busts, what the hell is wrong with Hillis.

PhinsPhan11
11-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Speaking of RB fantasy busts, what the hell is wrong with Hillis.
It's the Madden curse. :lol:

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Speaking of RB fantasy busts, what the hell is wrong with Hillis.hillis was a one year wonder. he was a guy who really was nothing special in denver, and went to cleveland and had a breakout year. this is not so shocking though, it happens plenty of times.

chris johnson though was so dynamic in both the run and pass game, and now he is arguably the worst starting running back this season.

Mazzone11
11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm hosting another FREE fantasy NFL contest with $100 in cash prizes at DraftStreet this week. It's for week 10 only (thursday game excluded). This is great for those of us sucking in our season long leagues with little hope of cashing/making the playoffs. Please pass this along to any friends/post on facebook, etc.. for anyone who might be interested. If fantasy college football, or NHL is your thing - let me know and I can set you up with free contests for those with cash prizes.

Details below, just click the link if you want to join and let me know if you have any questions at all. No credit card info or anything like that is required - just an email needed to sign up and play in this one.

NFL
Contest link:
http://www.draftstreet.com/default.aspx?game_id=458804&r=mazzone

Contest Rules:
$100 prize pool Free to enter - One week competition (week 10 of the nfl season)

Each participant will have $100,000 in salary cap to fill the following roster requirements, you must not exceed the cap and you must fill every position:
QB, QB, RB, RB, FLEX, FLEX, WR, WR, TE, DST.

The person with the highest fantasy score at the end of the week wins (Top 5 win some money)

Cash out via paypal or check immediately after the completion of the last game of the week, or use your winnings to enter future contests with higher prize pools

You can change your lineup as many times as you like up until Sunday kickoff, so get in early so you don't forget.

http://www.draftstreet.com/default.aspx?game_id=458804&r=mazzone

JDOE
11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I actually have Chris Johnson and Peyton Hillis in one of my leagues. The funny thing is, I'm still 8-2. It's a rather weak league. I drafted Rice 5th overall and couldn't resist taking Johnson on the snake back in round 2. Drew Brees was still staring me in the face in round 3, so that saved me. I then picked up Bradshaw 2 rounds later and couldn't turn Hillis down after that. I thought it was the toughest runningback corp I'd ever had, but now I'm barely scraping by with Johnson and Hillis; especially with Bradshaw hurt for probably the rest of the year. Fortunately, Johnson looks to be warming up after week 10 and Rice is the stud I'd hoped he be, plus I can flex in Steve Smith who I snagged late in the draft. What really helped me the most though was getting Jimmy Graham in the final round to pair up with Brees. As soon as their bye week is up here, I should be good to go.

I realize I was very fortunate, but hey, they drafted weak and I took advantage by getting a good, well-rounded team. Just think if Hillis and Johnson were studs too and Bradshaw wasn't injured. The hardest part would be deciding who to bench.

nick1
11-17-2011, 01:52 AM
not so fast chris johnson is back! look at his last 2 weeks yes week 9 his numbers were not all that impressive but watching the game he ran very well when the team finally changed up their blocking scheme. week 10 he blew up for 180 yards combined. I would suggest sticking with him and riding him to the playoffs CJ2k is back!

MiZFiT
11-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Thats what I'm talking about. 20+ points for CJ2k! FINALLY!

emeraldfin
11-28-2011, 08:22 AM
I dont have CJ in any of my leagues, but were you guys keeping faith with him even at this stage?

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Thats what I'm talking about. 20+ points for CJ2k! FINALLY!to late though. watching lots of cj yesterday, i could honestly say that was the first time all year he looked like the old chris johnson, with his cut backs, running hard, making people miss, etc.

i know vs carolina he had a good fantasy game and the yardage was nice, but i also saw that game and despite the high yardage, he did not look like vintage chris johnson.

yesterday was his first vintage chris johnson game all year.

Clipse
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
And now with faith restored, he'll probably disappear again.

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
And now with faith restored, he'll probably disappear again.whoever had him on their fantasy team is most likely done anyway, so it would be irrelevant for most fantasy owners.

nepaica
01-29-2012, 02:58 PM
If you want a bust look up Shawn Alexander. I drafted him after an MVP season and he got injured and did nothing. I took Jim the next season thinking it was a fluke and he had a year worse than Chris Johnson.

aquaman54
01-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I passed on him in ALL of my leaguesSmart Man......I wish that I
would've!!!

jlloyd55
07-01-2012, 07:18 AM
yes