PDA

View Full Version : Hell On Wheels

WeVie
11-14-2011, 03:38 AM
This is another AMC show. It just started with two episodes in and I have to say, it is great although it is a western so if you are not into that type of show you may not like it.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/11/hellonwheels560-1.jpg

http://www.amctv.com/shows/hell-on-wheels

JCane
11-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Both episodes are on my DVR. Just have to find time to get them in.

I'm so far behind on everything after being sick and gone all weekend.

Pretty sure the smell and taste of Tallahassee is the reason I'm sick.

Gonzo
11-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Pretty good. 2nd episode was better because of the "Swede"

WeVie
11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Pretty good. 2nd episode was better because of the "Swede"

I think he will end up being the opposition to our hero.

Gonzo
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I think he will end up being the opposition to our hero.No doubt, and a bad *** one at that. I want to know more about what he did before getting there. Sounds ****ed up.

WeVie
11-14-2011, 05:37 PM
No doubt, and a bad *** one at that. I want to know more about what he did before getting there. Sounds ****ed up.

I am thinking he has just went around avenging his wife. I bet a group of guys really messed her up and somehow he found out who they all were.

uga3406
11-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I love westerns and couldn't wait for this series to start. After two epsidoes, I have to say I am a little dissapointed. The avenging civil war soldier coming back home to find his wife had been killed by union troops is so overdone. I am a little bored with it so far. It's early but i hope it gets better.

WeVie
11-29-2011, 02:29 AM
I love westerns and couldn't wait for this series to start. After two epsidoes, I have to say I am a little dissapointed. The avenging civil war soldier coming back home to find his wife had been killed by union troops is so overdone. I am a little bored with it so far. It's early but i hope it gets better.

I am sure there will end up being far more to it than that.

uga3406
12-07-2011, 07:24 PM
I am sure there will end up being far more to it than that.

So far I have found this series to be dull. Anyone excited by it yet?

WeVie
12-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I like it. It has started a bit slow but I feel like it is about to get pretty crazy

Vaark
12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I will get around to it at some point to check them out... sounds like the kind of revenge formula of my favorite old Clint spaghetti westerns including Pale Rider, The Outlaw Josie Wales, Hang Em High and A Fistful of Dollars.

uga3406
12-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I will get around to it at some point to check them out... sounds like the kind of revenge formula of my favorite old Clint spaghetti westerns including Pale Rider, The Outlaw Josie Wales, Hang Em High and A Fistful of Dollars.

yup I gotta be honest here, I love westerns but man the acting sucks big time here. not really digging anyone but colm meaney aka doc. i keep waiting for this one to get better but i am losing my patience.

WeVie
12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
yup I gotta be honest here, I love westerns but man the acting sucks big time here. not really digging anyone but colm meaney aka doc. i keep waiting for this one to get better but i am losing my patience.

I disagree. I don't get where you think the acting sucks. I really like the show and so far, there seems to be some really good story lines developing.

tylerdolphin
12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I disagree. I don't get where you think the acting sucks. I really like the show and so far, there seems to be some really good story lines developing.

I agree...not in my upper echelon of shows, but its entertaining and interesting IMO. Maybe Im numb to it after subjecting myself to The Walking Dead this season, but the acting has been pretty good. Im not someone who notices that unless its blatant though.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I will get around to it at some point to check them out... sounds like the kind of revenge formula of my favorite old Clint spaghetti westerns including Pale Rider, The Outlaw Josie Wales, Hang Em High and A Fistful of Dollars.Some of my all-time favorites, but for some reason this show can't keep me watching. I don't hate it, but I don't like it enough to set any time aside for it. Can't really say what it is about it that doesn't keep me, because I love the topic and I like a lot of the actors in it. Maybe the writing?

uga3406
12-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Some of my all-time favorites, but for some reason this show can't keep me watching. I don't hate it, but I don't like it enough to set any time aside for it. Can't really say what it is about it that doesn't keep me, because I love the topic and I like a lot of the actors in it. Maybe the writing?

Maybe it is the writing. When I think of westerns, I think of gun fights and shootouts. Maybe I am spoliled a bit. I was hoping this would keep my interest but so far, nothing. I am holding out hope.

Gonzo
12-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe it is the writing. When I think of westerns, I think of gun fights and shootouts. Maybe I am spoliled a bit. I was hoping this would keep my interest but so far, nothing. I am holding out hope.Speaking of awesome shows, love Swamp People!

uga3406
12-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Speaking of awesome shows, love Swamp People!

God yeah! I am hooked on that show big time. Can't get enough of it. They even had a swamp thanskgiving special. This show has taken off. It is as popular as Deadliest catch now.

Valandui
12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
I like it so far. It's slow, but not Walking Dead slow. I actually like the main character a lot and, unless they take it in another direction, it seems like they're turning Common into more and more of a badass. The Swede definitely is one, but it hasn't become apparent why yet. There has to be a reason that everyone is so scared of that dude.

uga3406
12-20-2011, 11:49 PM
best show so far on the year. loved it! I think they did a great job and i thought it was funny watching durant get his as* out of trouble and screwing that senator over. loved it.

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 01:51 AM
I like it so far. It's slow, but not Walking Dead slow. I actually like the main character a lot and, unless they take it in another direction, it seems like they're turning Common into more and more of a badass. The Swede definitely is one, but it hasn't become apparent why yet. There has to be a reason that everyone is so scared of that dude.Pretty sure I've seen more zombies in Hell on Wheels. And they would have given up on looking for that girl within an hour, if they bothered at all.

Valandui
12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Pretty sure I've seen more zombies in Hell on Wheels. And they would have given up on looking for that girl within an hour, if they bothered at all.
Walking Dead is the best comedy on TV. It reminded me of why I love zombie movies in the first place, which is the writing being so terrible that they're hilarious.

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Walking Dead is the best comedy on TV. It reminded me of why I love zombie movies in the first place, which is the writing being so terrible that they're hilarious.I wish I could find it hilarious, but the only thing that cracks me up regarding that show is reading the review Tyler posted after watching it.

Vaark
12-21-2011, 01:04 PM
After watching commercial-littered Pale Rider and The Outlaw Josie Wales on AMC this weekend, for probably the 25 time each, other than again wondering if there's every been a better actor than Clint (I think not!!!), I decided to give HOW a shot in the near future. Few genres of movies come close to the unsentimental, brutal, violent, character-flawed, revenge-driven Western.

tylerdolphin
12-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I wish I could find it hilarious, but the only thing that cracks me up regarding that show is reading the review Tyler posted after watching it.

It got to the point where the main reason i watched the show was to be in on all the jokes in the reviews :lol:

WeVie
12-23-2011, 04:52 PM
After watching commercial-littered Pale Rider and The Outlaw Josie Wales on AMC this weekend, for probably the 25 time each, other than again wondering if there's every been a better actor than Clint (I think not!!!), I decided to give HOW a shot in the near future. Few genres of movies come close to the unsentimental, brutal, violent, character-flawed, revenge-driven Western.

I don't understand why some of the guys are hating on this show. I really like it and seems to be developing nicely.

It has an 8.2 rating on IMDB.

Gonzo
12-24-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't understand why some of the guys are hating on this show. I really like it and seems to be developing nicely.

It has an 8.2 rating on IMDB.I'm not hating on it at all. Simply stating that it hasn't caught my attention, and I really can't say why. Just something about it.

WeVie
12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not hating on it at all. Simply stating that it hasn't caught my attention, and I really can't say why. Just something about it.

I got ya. Are you still watching? I think it has gotten a bit better as it unfolds.

uga3406
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm not hating on it at all. Simply stating that it hasn't caught my attention, and I really can't say why. Just something about it.

Something about it bores me. To me the characters suck. I like Colm Meanyey. After that they suck.

Valandui
12-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Something about it bores me. To me the characters suck. I like Colm Meanyey. After that they suck.
They're trying their best to make you like Common's character too. At least he's kind of a badass on top of them trying to make you like him.

Gonzo
12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
I got ya. Are you still watching? I think it has gotten a bit better as it unfolds.Nah, I'm in Canada for about a month. Not even sure if it's on up here and don't feel like checking :lol: . I might give it another shot when I get home.

WeVie
12-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Nah, I'm in Canada for about a month. Not even sure if it's on up here and don't feel like checking :lol: . I might give it another shot when I get home.

Give it another shot. I had did that with a few shows and ended up loving it.

uga3406
01-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Ok let me just sya, I have been waiting weeks and weeks for this show to finally get good and boy has it ever. Tonight's episode just blew me away. The ending was fouckin awesome as well. I mean, this totally blew me away. Common has become one of the characters I really like the most on the series. The actress who plays Ms.Bell has also caught more eyes, in more ways then other. One more episode to go and I can't wait to see how it all ends. God knows there will be some more blood shed.

WeVie
01-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I can't believe the end of the last episode. I think that really opened the door for things next season.

uga3406
01-10-2012, 01:21 AM
I can't believe the end of the last episode. I think that really opened the door for things next season.

Hell yeah. I so didn't see that coming. I also don't think bohannon kills that guy harper. My only question is, what becomes of the swede? Does he get blow away. It's the last episode, someone has got to die.

WeVie
01-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Hell yeah. I so didn't see that coming. I also don't think bohannon kills that guy harper. My only question is, what becomes of the swede? Does he get blow away. It's the last episode, someone has got to die.

I just don't know. So much happened in the last couple of episodes, esp. the last one, it's hard to predict what will happen. I am guessing it will end with a massive cliffhanger.

uga3406
01-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I just don't know. So much happened in the last couple of episodes, esp. the last one, it's hard to predict what will happen. I am guessing it will end with a massive cliffhanger.

Proble so a cliffhanger episode but what type of cliffhanger? Not sure where they go with this.

uga3406
01-16-2012, 11:12 AM
last night's finale left a lot to be desired. all we got was a freakin dance. the joke of it all was the swede: how the freak does he stya alive after that attack. that was a joke big time. u mean to tell me, they dont kill him? wow, just a letdown from the previous episode oh well.