PDA

View Full Version : Who is better between Dwyane Wade and LeBron James?

TrueDiesel3
11-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Who do you guys think is the best player on the Miami Heat? Dwyane Wade or LeBron James?

JCane
11-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Uhhhh...LeBron James.

TrueDiesel3
11-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Uhhhh...LeBron James.
I don't agree and I have analyzed this argument to death. Feel free to state why though. I

PhinsPhan11
11-22-2011, 01:29 AM
I would have to say LeBron James.

JCane
11-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Wade has his **** together. Wade can take over games.

LeBron doesn't have his **** together. He has his head up his *** half the time. And yet he still takes over games.

There's not a dude in the league who can stop LeBron James. He's the most physically gifted NBA player I've seen in a loooooong time. LeBron guards the best player on the floor each and every night. Wade is good defensively, but I've always felt he was a little overrated. LeBron has a better long distance game as well. Wade is the better of the two at getting to the basket at will, but overall game, it's LeBron.

TrueDiesel3
11-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Wade has his **** together. Wade can take over games.

LeBron doesn't have his **** together. He has his head up his *** half the time. And yet he still takes over games.

There's not a dude in the league who can stop LeBron James. He's the most physically gifted NBA player I've seen in a loooooong time. LeBron guards the best player on the floor each and every night. Wade is good defensively, but I've always felt he was a little overrated. LeBron has a better long distance game as well. Wade is the better of the two at getting to the basket at will, but overall game, it's LeBron.
What happened in the 2011 NBA Finals? Just curious.

JCane
11-22-2011, 01:46 AM
What happened in the 2011 NBA Finals? Just curious.

Rumor had it that LeBron found out his high school girlfriend was cheating on him.

I'm not making excuses for the guy because we had that one in the bag, but something like that messes with even the most mentally strong men. If that was even remotely true then it absolutely destroyed LeBron mentally. It's something that he's just not capable of overcoming. Look at his body language when he's on the bench. He's slouching. Looking around. Biting his nails. He's nervous. It's not a good sign. Luckily, he has enough talent to usually overcome it.

We came up short this past season. When we lost game two I knew we were in a lot of trouble. Really sucks the NBA is in a lockout. We need Heat basketball. Panthers are playing well...for now...but the Dolphins and Hurricanes are just impossible to watch.

:bobdole:

TrueDiesel3
11-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Rumor had it that LeBron found out his high school girlfriend was cheating on him.

I'm not making excuses for the guy because we had that one in the bag, but something like that messes with even the most mentally strong men. If that was even remotely true then it absolutely destroyed LeBron mentally. It's something that he's just not capable of overcoming. Look at his body language when he's on the bench. He's slouching. Looking around. Biting his nails. He's nervous. It's not a good sign. Luckily, he has enough talent to usually overcome it.

We came up short this past season. When we lost game two I knew we were in a lot of trouble. Really sucks the NBA is in a lockout. We need Heat basketball. Panthers are playing well...for now...but the Dolphins and Hurricanes are just impossible to watch.

:bobdole:LOLwut? That is his excuse? Lebron is mentally weak while Wade is the complete opposite. As far as talent is concerned, Lebron wins, but talent isn't everything.

JCane
11-22-2011, 02:20 AM
LOLwut? That is his excuse? Lebron is mentally weak while Wade is the complete opposite. As far as talent is concerned, Lebron wins, but talent isn't everything.

Wasn't "his" excuse but that what the rumors were. Somehow word leaked out that the had stepped out on him weeks before the Finals.

He never said that was the reason but if that IS true you know that's why he folded.

If your girl cheats on you and you've spent several years with her...how you gonna feel when you have to show up to work the next day. It affects you.

TrueDiesel3
11-22-2011, 03:33 AM
I wouldn't care because If I was Lebron I would be an NBA superstar and I could bang any chick I wanted to.

JCane
11-22-2011, 03:38 AM
I wouldn't care because If I was Lebron I would be an NBA superstar and I could bang any chick I wanted to.

Yeah, you say that but that's not how life works. You might be an NBA superstar but that doesn't define who you are as a person. You spend 7 or 8 years with the same girl and she's all you've ever known, you think that just because you're on TV and have a few bucks in your pocket means that you don't have to deal with heartbreak like every other human being in this crazy world?

CedarPhin
11-22-2011, 04:18 AM
Michael Jordan.

/thread.

CedarPhin
11-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Yeah, you say that but that's not how life works. You might be an NBA superstar but that doesn't define who you are as a person. You spend 7 or 8 years with the same girl and she's all you've ever known, you think that just because you're on TV and have a few bucks in your pocket means that you don't have to deal with heartbreak like every other human being in this crazy world?

Bingo. Athletes are people too. People with great abilities, but still people.

d-day
11-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Lebron was born an athletic freak. Put DWade's "insides" in Lebron's "outsides" and you have 5 times the player.

DWade > Lebron

TrueDiesel3
11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
You must not know how it works with them and pro athletes in general.

CedarPhin
11-22-2011, 04:47 PM
D-Wade.

Dolfan3773
11-23-2011, 12:11 AM
They both play for my team :D

JCane
11-23-2011, 12:15 AM
You must not know how it works with them and pro athletes in general.

I take it you're a pro athlete then?

:lol:

People tend to believe that athletes and rich people are somehow wired differently emotionally. That's so false. These are people at their core, man.

Anyone think it's a coincidence that Reggie Bush has been lighting it up as of late? Dude caught fire the week we played the Giants...next day we find out he's been out with Kim Kardashian the night before the game.

Oooooh coincidence you sneaky little ****er.

Reggie been depressed as **** since she left him. He couldn't shake it. He gets it back, and now he's lighting it up on the field again. All the money he has and all the *** he has available to him couldn't cure him.

Explain that.

TrueDiesel3
11-23-2011, 01:00 AM
They aren't wired emotionally. Then again they are the ones that usually cheat on their spouses/girlfriends anyways. Either way it just shows you he is mentally weak. Wade was going through his divorce and whatever with his wife and he was playing fine .

JCane
11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
They aren't wired emotionally. Then again they are the ones that usually cheat on their spouses/girlfriends anyways. Either way it just shows you he is mentally weak. Wade was going through his divorce and whatever with his wife and he was playing fine .

That's basically what I've been saying the same time. Some people move on much easier than others. But this idea that breakups and divorces don't affect an athlete just because they're rich athletes is absurd.

Kdawg954
11-23-2011, 10:05 AM
They are both great players but Lebron's ceiling is higher, actually much higher due to his gifted athletic ability and frame.

Somebody put it best, if you gave Dwayne Wade Lebron's body . . . you would have the greatest NBA player of all time.

And if that "girlfriend" rumor is true about Lebron, then well that is just ****ing sad. Grow the **** up and stop choking in big moments.

I'll take Wade in his prime over Lebron tho . . . Wade is just that special and he is clutch. He has proven more than Lebron has thus far in their NBA careers.

I'll take Kevin Durant over both of them tho.

Tunaphish429
11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
One on one, Lebron.

Drafting one , Lebron

Game 7 Finals, Wade

CedarPhin
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Wade can close. LeBron can't, and never has been able to.

Wade's killer instinct >>> LeBron's.

I'd take Kobe over either one though.

JCane
11-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll take Kevin Durant over both of them tho.

Heeeeeeeeelll no...that dude can't play a lick of defense.

Phinatic8u
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
LeBron if he ever grows the **** up & plays with his head and not his god given ability, he'd be the greatest ever, & it wouldn't be close

TrueDiesel3
11-23-2011, 10:50 PM
LeBron if he ever grows the **** up & plays with his head and not his god given ability, he'd be the greatest ever, & it wouldn't be close
yeah too bad that is just a hypothetical.

PHINATIC13
11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Physically..Lebron is the better player/athlete....having said that...if I'm starting my own team and have a choice between Wade and James....hands down I take D-Wade all day long...

Kdawg954
11-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Heeeeeeeeelll no...that dude can't play a lick of defense.

He is so gifted offensively, I can overlook the decline in defense over a guy like Lebron (tho Durant has improved on defense over the span of his career). You get Durant in a system ran by a real defensive minded head coach, that guy is gonna be a machine.

Lebron is going to be 27 by years end, Durant just turned 23. Yea I'll take Durant right now over anybody in the league.

Kdawg954
11-24-2011, 06:56 AM

To say it wouldn't be close just isn't a great argument. It takes more than "god given ability". It takes tenacity, a tough mind in tough moments, clutchness . . . I agree if anybody was the favorite when drafted to become the GOAT, Lebron would be leading that race . . . but thus far he hasn't even had as good of a career as Dwayne Wade . . . let's not throw him in the ring against Jordan, Kobe and others just yet . . . he doesn't deserve that praise, even in a hypothetical sense.

The Confessor
11-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Dirk Nowitzki. /thread

CedarPhin
11-24-2011, 01:43 PM
LeBron could be the best if he ever put his mind to it, he just doesn't, that's his problem. He can't close.

X-Pacolypse
11-24-2011, 05:18 PM
LeBron.

Ferretsquig
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
He is so gifted offensively, I can overlook the decline in defense over a guy like Lebron (tho Durant has improved on defense over the span of his career). You get Durant in a system ran by a real defensive minded head coach, that guy is gonna be a machine.

Lebron is going to be 27 by years end, Durant just turned 23. Yea I'll take Durant right now over anybody in the league.

I don't get the Durant infatuation. I can see how he attracts people as a contrast to the typical nba persona but as a player how can anyone put him anywhere near the level of the great ones in this game? All he does is score....doesn't rebound, defend, or set up his teammates. The scoring is great, but what happens when the shot isn't falling?

hooshoops
11-28-2011, 01:17 AM
i think lebrons the most gifted guy in the game and maybe ever...but he's got more magic johnson in him in the clutch...he doesn't go kobe and decide that the games on his shoulders no matter what...if a guys open he's gonna kick it out for a uncontested look etc...more a team player...wade is more michael jordan in that regard...he's awfully damn clutch and you can tell at times that the game is his...everyone else is just along for the ride...

they're both murder off the dribble...

hooshoops
11-28-2011, 01:22 AM
and kevin durant is pretty much a jump shooter and run the floor guy...but honestly at the same age you could say the same thing about dirk nowitzki...who has much more back to the basket and off the dribble game then he ever had now...and durants more physically talented than dirk so one has to think in time if he keeps working at it the way he's known to his game will develop into more well rounded...

JCane
11-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Kevin Durant is a scoring threat. Possibly the best scorer in the league. But that's his ENTIRE game. He's not a complete player.

hooshoops
11-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Kevin Durant is a scoring threat. Possibly the best scorer in the league. But that's his ENTIRE game. He's not a complete player.

and dirk wasn't either...his offensive game was pretty limited at the same age as durant...it's much more well rounded now...and dirks d has gotten better i'd say but its still not anything to get excited about...

i think durant can have the same kind of ascent in time...and he's a much better overall athlete

JCane
11-28-2011, 02:19 AM
No doubt about it. But right now, LeBron and Wade are complete players. Dudes came into the league with the complete package. There's still some parts of their game that need polishing and that'll come, but Durant has zero impact on defense right now.

MiZFiT
11-28-2011, 03:24 AM
The better player is Lebron.

The player who can win you championships is Wade.