PDA

View Full Version : How bout the "Great" Jake Long eh? Good thing we drafted him instead of a QB

Strangeworld
11-24-2011, 08:44 PM
THE reason you draft a LT 1st overall is for the express ability to block "mano a mano" the leagues premier pass rushers.

His performance today was laughable at best and a grim reminder of how this guy cannot block elite speed rushers.

Bottom line, the guy is overrated and fittingly his performance today was the proverbial nail in the coffin for this regime.

MP-Omnis
11-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Cool story bro

Kdawg954
Laughable? The false starts definitely seemed more timing than anything . . . and he did a damn good job against the BEST pass rusher in the league. One on One and he won that battle.

Put Colombo on him one on one and see what would of happened.

Dolph N.Fan
Yeah Dware had his water running, Long had like 4 penalties. Long has been sub-par this year but from what I can see he's not totally healthy right?

RobertHorry
11-24-2011, 08:47 PM
And you keep validating your excellent posting skills with posts like these.

Strangeworld
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
And you keep validating your excellent posting skills with posts like these.

So says Chad Henne's number 1 fan.... irony at its best.

Akronfinfan36
11-24-2011, 08:50 PM
/thread

Kthurmus23
11-24-2011, 08:51 PM
I dont worry about Jake at all he is a beast pure and simple. Had a rough day today because of penalties but he is still the franchise LT no doubt. Show me a guy that has handled Ware this year.

finomenal
11-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Jake Long has been injured all year, but yes, they should've drafted Matt Ryan instead.

eger
11-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Ever have a bad day at work?

Football players do too!

MiamiDolfan85
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
OP,you missed the curb 4 years ago okay.....get over it

EDIT: Im tired of this Matt Ryan vs Jake Long crap. Stop It!

SebasMiamiFan
11-24-2011, 09:10 PM
He's human. Everyone has bad days. He didn't give up any sacks to Ware I think so he held his ground. If we won this wouldn't be a problem.

das8929
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Lol you think we would be better off with Matt Ryan right now with these buffoons running the show? We might have a couple extra wins but I highly doubt we would have won any playoff games.. speaking of which Matt Ryan has won 0.

uga3406
11-24-2011, 09:15 PM
THE reason you draft a LT 1st overall is for the express ability to block "mano a mano" the leagues premier pass rushers.

His performance today was laughable at best and a grim reminder of how this guy cannot block elite speed rushers.

Bottom line, the guy is overrated and fittingly his performance today was the proverbial nail in the coffin for this regime.

How many super bowl rings does Matt Ryan have at this point? Can you remind me again...

MiamiDolfan85
11-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Matt Ryan has as many playoff wins as Jake Long....why are we still discussing this?????

rev kev
11-24-2011, 09:35 PM

Yah that Matty Ice guy isnt money every throw, but he can sure hand off the ball nice though

DphinBillkiller
11-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Jake had his hands full but Ware is a handful for most everybody!

SuperBowlDream
11-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Long did struggle...Every time they wanted to crush Moore Long got run over or around very easily. He is not a beast and cannot protect the blind-side as well as some drafted much later.

Spilled milk now but it still taste sour...

DDTDON
11-24-2011, 09:46 PM
You guys shouldn't even bother with this pathetic troll. This is an attempt at getting attention and it's working. I will do the best thing I can and that's give one star for this unoriginal thread. He has no credibility and will continue to embarrass himself with these useless threads that are beyond moronic. Go Fins!!!

hooshoops
11-24-2011, 09:55 PM
wares the best stand up pass rusher in football...he's a freakin phenom...jake did pretty well all things considered...you're damn right you need to try and get a jump on the snap to get into your kick slide as soon as possible when that nightmare is coming off the edge...damn right you should

those false starts are a given...

Phinatic8u
Long did struggle...Every time they wanted to crush Moore Long got run over or around very easily. He is not a beast and cannot protect the blind-side as well as some drafted much later.

Spilled milk now but it still taste sour...

:lol: what?

Long coming in to this year was the best LT in the NFL, now a year where he's playing hurt, he sucks?

Long's bad games are great for most other LT's

TheWarriorFins
I don't care Jake Long is a beast in madden LOL

Phinatic8u
Ware is the best pass rusher in the NFL.

The Confessor
11-24-2011, 10:48 PM
I am completely lost on this one.

Jake Long, is and will be one of the VERY best LT's in the league. PERIOD.
He just took on the best pass rusher in the league.... one on one almost every single play. Do you even know how many tackles Demarcus Ware had? NONE. He had 1 assist and that is IT.

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan is exactly what I thought he would be. Terribly over-rated, and despite being surrounded by INCREDIBLE talent, is still right at average in about every category a QB can have...that's right, right in the 12-17 area.

Somebody stated it correctly, the thread originator is either a troll in disguise, or just doesn't get it to begin with.

Roman529
11-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Other than the play where he got caught for holding, and protecting Moore from getting snapped in two, I think Long played pretty well. Funny how people don't realize Jake Long is having a Hall of Fame career.

rickd13
11-24-2011, 11:45 PM
wares the best stand up pass rusher in football...he's a freakin phenom...jake did pretty well all things considered...you're damn right you need to try and get a jump on the snap to get into your kick slide as soon as possible when that nightmare is coming off the edge...damn right you should

those false starts are a given...

Especially on the road in a loud stadium.

Storm54
11-24-2011, 11:54 PM
oh wow look a Long v. Ryan thread......its been 4 yrs get the f over it

Nublar7
11-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Bottom line, the guy is overrated and fittingly his performance today was the proverbial nail in the coffin for this regime.So Matt Ryan never has a bad game? I guess Matt Ryan has three Super Bowl rings and won playoff games every season. Right?

4THand10
11-25-2011, 12:17 AM
A Mod should just close this thread or delete it.Four years of this is enough.:deadhorse:

JERSEYFINFAN23
11-25-2011, 12:35 AM
it happens, Jake will bounce back next season, he will have a new head coach, and qb to protect.

ManBearPig
11-25-2011, 12:38 AM

Really? Dude i hate to break it to you but NO ONE is blocking Ware this year. No one. Guy is averaging almost 2 sacks a game i heard them say today, and leads the league. Long did shut down Orakpo and Hali the past few weeks, both pro bowlers.

Wildbill3
11-25-2011, 12:39 AM
they are all laughing at you.

Dolfan3773
11-25-2011, 01:41 AM
:bobdole:

tylerdolphin
11-25-2011, 08:41 AM
This thread has so many different levels of fail. Both sides of the argument...full of fail.

OP - Jake Long is hurt. He played against Ware. He played well.

Others - Not sure why every Jake Long thread turns into an attempt to make Matt Ryan out to be garbage when we easily win that game yesterday if we had Ryan and Baker instead of Long and Moore. Ryan isnt elite, but hes still young and hes pretty good. The no SB thing is laughable, especially from Dolphins fans given that certain all time great QBs never won one...

flynryan15
11-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Long will be fine when we draft a LT and move him to RT.