PDA

View Full Version : NBA Lockout Over

Ferretsquig
11-26-2011, 06:33 AM
NBA owners and players reached a tentative agreement early Saturday to end the 149-day lockout and hope to begin the delayed season on Christmas Day.

Neither side provided many specifics but said the only words players and fans wanted to hear.

"We want to play basketball," NBA commissioner David Stern said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7281052/nba-owners-players-get-tentative-agreement

66 game season starting on Christmas......they should do this every year.

hooshoops
11-26-2011, 11:26 AM
let the heat hype begin...

dreday
11-26-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8wsTyaP5lM&feature=player_embedded

Adam First
11-26-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW9o6BSCLw4

COphinphan89
11-26-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/11/TrollFaceDancing-1.gif
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/11/filephp40file30877filenameSIMONCOWELLHAP-1.gif

uga3406
11-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Yawn, wake me when it's over....

JCane
11-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Yawn, wake me when it's over....

It's over. They signed a new CBA.

LET'S GET IT HEAT!

tylerdolphin
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Last season was actually fun to watch since I had the Heat to hate on. Im scared they might be too good this year though...

hooshoops
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Last season was actually fun to watch since I had the Heat to hate on. Im scared they might be too good this year though...

there's a lot of teams around the league young teams that probably have gotten better though...so even though i would pick the heat in the east the west may once again give em hell in the finals...

as for my celtics we're so old if we make the playoffs i think we're one and done...just too much tread on those tires

Ronnie2.0
11-27-2011, 10:58 PM
there's a lot of teams around the league young teams that probably have gotten better though...so even though i would pick the heat in the east the west may once again give em hell in the finals...

as for my celtics we're so old if we make the playoffs i think we're one and done...just too much tread on those tires

KG, Paul pierce, and ray allen are practically farting dust nah mean?...just saying

tylerdolphin
11-27-2011, 11:01 PM

The short year might do them good.

hooshoops
11-27-2011, 11:16 PM

i don't know tyler...it's still 66 games...and you just know cause of the time lost they'll be playing those 66 games much closer together date wise and if there's one thing that will kill an older team its back to backers...they're a death sentence when it comes to winning the second game in those scenarios

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
i don't know tyler...it's still 66 games...and you just know cause of the time lost they'll be playing those 66 games much closer together date wise and if there's one thing that will kill an older team its back to backers...they're a death sentence when it comes to winning the second game in those scenariosthat, plus supposedly their will be a few back to back to back scenarios during the year.

rondo may have to carry the team more than usual this year with all the big boys getting up their in age. maybe they can make one more run at it.

hooshoops
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
maybe they can...but i thought against the heat last year our age was exposed...it was obvious to me we just couldn't match up with those in their prime boys...old legs tired legs and superior athletes

losing rondo to a dislocated elbow on a blatant takedown after a stripped ball by wade didn't help things either...but wade does that kind of stuff...if he's going to ground he alwayts grabs the defender and takes him down with him...i think its bs but he gets away with it...but whatev

JCane
11-28-2011, 12:11 AM

Exactly. This short year helps out some of the older teams like Boston TREMENDOUSLY.

PhinzN703
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Good to hear. Something to focus on until baseball is ready in the Spring.

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Exactly. This short year helps out some of the older teams like Boston TREMENDOUSLY.yes, but back to back to back games, several times may take a toll. their maybe less games, but less games = less rest once the games start.

JCane
11-28-2011, 12:30 AM
yes, but back to back to back games, several times may take a toll. their maybe less games, but less games = less rest once the games start.

It does take a toll. But you're still playing less games. That's huge on the legs.

PhinsPhan11
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
yes, but back to back to back games, several times may take a toll. their maybe less games, but less games = less rest once the games start.
I don't think it matters if you have an older or younger team. Back to back to back games will eventually take their toll.

hooshoops
11-28-2011, 01:10 AM
nah...back to back games with a veteran long in the tooth laden team absolutely matters...the postseason cause of the way the games are spread out not as much but you can still see how much youth makes a difference in that scenario...it was very apparent in the heat series last season...we looked old...and they looked young...and kg last postseason had much better legs than the year prior in the postseason but it still didn't matter...i only expect that gap to widen this postseason

i can't count how many fouls off the dribble we had against wade in that series...telltale sign your guys aren't moving their feet and staying in front...tired legs

Ferretsquig
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't see how it matters in the regular season as far as wear and tear. The Spurs have had no qualms about limiting Duncan's minutes and even sitting him on back to back road trips. I doubt you'll see Garnett playing more than 30 mpg.

With the Celtics the question is more whether Ainge has given up and is ready to throw all his chips into the '12 offseason. If so he can't re-sign Green to a long term deal, Davis is already out the door, and West will likely find more money elsewhere. I can't imagine Green drawing much interest from any other team so I assume he'll sign the qualifying offer and come back for one more year but still the bench is pretty much gone.

Ainge is probably just delusional enough to think a star NBA player really wants to play in Boston rather than NY or LA so i think hes going for it.

hooshoops
12-07-2011, 12:06 AM
word is ainge has offered up rondo jeff green pg avery bradley and 2 future #1 picks for chris paul...holy cow...and evidently ainge is willing to make the trade even without a contract extension from paul

b/t my celtics sched has 20 back to backers and even a back to back to backer...gonna be a lot of tired legs this year for my boys

PhinsPhan11
12-07-2011, 12:14 AM
That's a lot to give up for someone who may not even be on the team next year.