PDA

View Full Version : Lakers complete three-team blockbuster to acquire Chris Paul

Dolfan3773
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/lakers-complete-three-team-blockbuster-to-acquire-chris-paul/

(http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/lakers-complete-three-team-blockbuster-to-acquire-chris-paul/)Unless they get Dwight Howard....I think they got worse.

Adam First
12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
You think the Heat doesn't have a bench? You ain't seen nothing yet

They have nothing to give Orlando for Dwight besides Andrew Bynum and I wouldn't touch him with a 39-and-a-half foot pole

I saw a Laker homer say that giving the Magic Bynum for Howard and Gilbert Arenas would be a fair trade. :bobdole:

Phinatic8u
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Got rid of Gasol AND Odom?

Holly **** there ****ing retarded

PhinsPhan11
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I really don't think they got a whole lot better. They lost two solid big men in Gasol and Odom.

tylerdolphin
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Who needs rebounding? Apparently not the Lakers.

PHINATIC13
12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
...it's been a helluva day for SoCal sports teams(and their fans)....I don't believe the Lakers are finished making deals.... oh,and anytime two future Hall of Fame players... while still in their prime...come to your home city... in the same day...it's been a pretty good day...

Kdawg954
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
love my Heat homers, but the Lakers won on this trade. They'll add some rebounding, but Chris Paul is an unbelieveable player. No seriously, the guy is an absolute stud. The biggest question mark is injuries for the Lakers . . . can Bynum and Paul keep healthy . . . and how much does Kobe really have left. The Lakers aren't done . . . I doubt they have enough pull to get Howard, outside of trading a bunch of first round picks and Bynum, but dumping the salaries of Gasol and Odom most surely help that cause.

Lets bring up the obvious hypothetical situation here:

Paul/Kobe/Howard vs. Wade/James/Bosh . . . . who do you like better, assuming all 6 guys are healthy?

The Heat are still the better team because they absolutely have depth on their team, and now they have Battier in the bag also . . . . but the Lakers got better today, and Heat fans questioning that the same concerns were had last year when people said we wouldn't do anything because we had no big man. Lakers will take care of that.

Dolfan3773
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
LMAO...the deal is off!!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/report-chris-paul-three-team-trade-to-lakers-off/

Clipse
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Would of been a terrible deal if they weren't able to get Howard. Odom and Gasol has a LOT more importance to that team than a PG with knee issues. They would of had one good big, who's only capable of playing 50 games if a year if he's lucky, and what? Theo Ratliff? Joe Smith?

PHINATIC13
12-08-2011, 11:17 PM
...so some owners cry to Stern about the deal...and then Stern kills the 3 team trade...yes,the Hornets are owned the the league,but that should be irrelevant...the Lakers actually gave up too much "money wise" on the deal... the Lakers would've gotten another player or some kind of "cash exemption" ....there's nothing wrong with this deal... the owners are apparently still on the "lockout high"...why don't we just rotate the NBA championship to a different city every year...this smells

Clipse
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
...so some owners cry to Stern about the deal...and then Stern kills the 3 team trade...yes,the Hornets are owned the the league,but that should be irrelevant...the Lakers actually gave up too much "money wise" on the deal... the Lakers would've gotten another player or some kind of "cash exemption" ....there's nothing wrong with this deal... the owners are apparently still on the "lockout high"...why don't we just rotate the NBA championship to a different city every year...this smells

The owner of a sports team has every right to shoot down a trade involving their team. The real problem is how the hell can the NBA own a team. That's ****ing dumb.

PHINATIC13
12-09-2011, 12:19 AM
The owner of a sports team has every right to shoot down a trade involving their team. The real problem is how the hell can the NBA own a team. That's ****ing dumb.

yeah,that's the part that smells....they're trying to control where players go now....

Roman529
12-09-2011, 01:35 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/lakers-complete-three-team-blockbuster-to-acquire-chris-paul/

(http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/lakers-complete-three-team-blockbuster-to-acquire-chris-paul/)Unless they get Dwight Howard....I think they got worse.

Too bad The Fixer (David Stern) said NOOOO to the deal. He controls who wins and losses championships just as much as he fixes the NBA draft. The NBA is as legit as the WWE.

tylerdolphin
12-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Too bad The Fixer (David Stern) said NOOOO to the deal. He controls who wins and losses championships just as much as he fixes the NBA draft. The NBA is as legit as the WWE.

:lol:

Im sure theres a league wide fix and nobody has ever leaked anything about it at all. And Im sure Stern wanted Cleveland to win the lottery for the best talent to enter the game in over a decade.

Roman529
12-09-2011, 02:24 AM

Im sure theres a league wide fix and nobody has ever leaked anything about it at all. And Im sure Stern wanted Cleveland to win the lottery for the best talent to enter the game in over a decade.

I have been closely watching David Stern since the 1985? draft when he bent a corner of an envelope and this was the envelope the Knick's GM took to get Patrick Ewing. You can actually see a video of this on YouTube. David "The Fixer" Stern thought he could fool us. :lol2:

Ferretsquig
12-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Pity.....would have been fun to see what would happen when Kobe was forced to play off the ball.

Wonder if Paul will even bother to show up.

Ferretsquig
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

I know Stern will bear the brunt of this one but it was the team's owners (including Micky Arison) that torpedoed this deal. And as crude as Gilbert may be, he has a point. From the owner's perspective this deal makes no sense.

SpurzN703
12-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Question is, why would any two teams agree to send Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to a team that's won 5 titles in no more than 15 years? It's like pouring a cement truck of gasoline onto the biggest bonfire you could make. The whole world would burn and in this case, the Lakers would have the most formidable team you'd imagine (yes even better than the HOF-bound Heat)

Clipse
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vAyMlQVBEFI

Dolfan3773
12-09-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vAyMlQVBEFI