PDA

View Full Version : Predictions of Underclassmen QB's

Hayden Fox
12-10-2011, 08:51 PM
A lot of us have assumed...myself included that all the possible solid underclassmen QB's would enter the draft based on our discussions around here. However, we are getting to the time that the kids actually have to decide whether to make the jump.

For fun make the predictions of who comes out and does not.

Comes Out
Luck
RGIII

Stays
Barkley
Jones

houtz
12-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Luck
RG3
Barkley

Luck goes to Indy, Barkley to Washington and RG3 to Jacksonville/Miami/Cleveland

Hayden Fox
12-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Barkley's decision is huge...

houtz
12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
It really is. I think Jones would be foolish to come out this year. And now with RG3 winning the hiesman he may be NFL bound. I can't help but be intrigued with RG3. Intrigued but cautious.

ckparrothead
12-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I'll go with Luck to Indy, Tannehill to Washington, Peyton to Miami, Barkley to Cleveland, Griffin to...still haven't decided that one yet.

SebasMiamiFan
12-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I'll go with Luck to Indy, Tannehill to Washington, Peyton to Miami, Barkley to Cleveland, Griffin to...still haven't decided that one yet.

You think Peyton to Miami? I really hope we don't pass over a young QB for an old injured QB.

Hayden Fox
12-10-2011, 10:16 PM

I think the world could be coming to an end, but I agree with you on Manning to the Fins. For some reason, I just see it happening. Manning gets cut and Ross backs up the Brinks Truck to his door with essentially the money he missed out on from the Colts with guarantees and likely to be earned incentives.

The irony is "all this winning" the Fins are doing could be making Miami more attractive to Manning though many are bemoaning the fact that we losing draft position.

Hayden Fox
12-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Jones needs to stay at OU

phinfan33
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I'll go with Luck to Indy, Tannehill to Washington, Peyton to Miami, Barkley to Cleveland, Griffin to...still haven't decided that one yet.Just out of curiosity CK...What makes you think this?

phinfan33
12-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Jones needs to stay at OUI agree on this,i don't think Landry's ready for the NFL yet.

DKphin
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I'll go with Luck to Indy, Tannehill to Washington, Peyton to Miami, Barkley to Cleveland, Griffin to...still haven't decided that one yet.I respect Peyton Manning, but he is going to be 35yrs old and is coming off an injury that the next hit could end his career. The only way I want us bringing in Manning is if he willing to take the minimum to play here. I would rather stick with Matt Moore or take some lumps with a young QB. Let us look to the future instead of trying to plug holes that are in our present.

ckparrothead
12-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Just out of curiosity CK...What makes you think this?

Because I know that the people that are giving Steve Ross advice, Carl Peterson and one other guy that I won't name...are extremely likely to back the Peyton Manning option. Extremely likely.

Peyton's going to be cut IMO and it's not going to be because they don't think he'll ever play again. He's got $28 million in option bonus due before the start of the league year in March and the Colts aren't going to pay that AND draft Andrew Luck. Don't believe all the BS they put out there about having Luck sit behind Peyton, etc.

I truly believe that Jeff Ireland would like to draft Matt Barkley and do what it takes there. And I think he could stand a chance of convincing Steve Ross. But there's enough uncertainty around whether Matt stays in school or comes out, as well as uncertainty around whether teams above Miami could pick him before he gets to us...that I wonder if the people that have Ross' ear other than Ireland won't be able to convince him to bring a true NFL icon to South Beach to join the likes of Lebron James and Dwyane Wade.

phinfan33
12-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Because I know that the people that are giving Steve Ross advice, Carl Peterson and one other guy that I won't name...are extremely likely to back the Peyton Manning option. Extremely likely.

Peyton's going to be cut IMO and it's not going to be because they don't think he'll ever play again. He's got $28 million in option bonus due before the start of the league year in March and the Colts aren't going to pay that AND draft Andrew Luck. Don't believe all the BS they put out there about having Luck sit behind Peyton, etc.

I truly believe that Jeff Ireland would like to draft Matt Barkley and do what it takes there. And I think he could stand a chance of convincing Steve Ross. But there's enough uncertainty around whether Matt stays in school or comes out, as well as uncertainty around whether teams above Miami could pick him before he gets to us...that I wonder if the people that have Ross' ear other than Ireland won't be able to convince him to bring a true NFL icon to South Beach to join the likes of Lebron James and Dwyane Wade.You think the Colts would outright cut Peyton Manning rather than sit down with him,talk with him,and see if he'll re-work his contract so it's more cap friendly for them,thereby allowing them to draft Luck? On Barkley,i wish he'd hurry up and decide what he's gonna do,because if he does decide to come out,like you,i can see Ireland making moves to go up and draft him,especially with Jeff knowing how much this team,us fans,and Ross want a Franchise QB.

Ricky4Life
12-11-2011, 02:53 AM
I agree with CK. I think the Colts will cut him and let him decide where to go. Because i think if the Colts front office handles the situation poorly it could back fire on them from the fans pretty quickly if the rake Peyton over the coals.

Hayden Fox
12-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Has anyone ever thought that that the Colts might want to start over with Luck. Reggie Wayne is a FA and Jeff Saturday could call it quits. Maybe a new coach.

Has anyone ever thought that Manning does not want to go back to a 0-16 team?

hooshoops
12-11-2011, 09:16 AM
if peyton is cut i'm sure we'd have competition for his services...something tells me the jets would be all in on that bidding as well as the chiefs among others...

knowing our luck we'd land him and then find out his neck is still an issue or something...figures

Valandui
12-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Has anyone ever thought that that the Colts might want to start over with Luck. Reggie Wayne is a FA and Jeff Saturday could call it quits. Maybe a new coach.

Has anyone ever thought that Manning does not want to go back to a 0-16 team?
So they would let their best receiver go and expect Luck to do the whole damn thing on his own with a **** defense and OL. Sounds like smart personnel management to me.

Hayden Fox
12-11-2011, 12:01 PM
So they would let their best receiver go and expect Luck to do the whole damn thing on his own with a **** defense and OL. Sounds like smart personnel management to me.

So you think they'd tag Wayne?

MiamiDolphin618
12-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I think Wayne will want to follow Manning. Reggie is getting pretty old himself and they have younger talent in Garcon and Collie. I doubt they will franchise Wayne...thats probably a steep tag for an aging WR and plus they still have to extend or tag Mathis. Just a thought

Valandui
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I think they're stupid not to trade the pick. They have way too many holes to fill to just cut ties with Peyton and blow up their offense. Their defense is horrid, their OL is useless outside of Castonzo and Saturday, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, and Austin Collie can't stay healthy, Addai and Brown suck. Combine all of this with the fact that Peyton is their OC and you have a recipe for disaster.

Hayden Fox
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I think Wayne will want to follow Manning. Reggie is getting pretty old himself and they have younger talent in Garcon and Collie. I doubt they will franchise Wayne...thats probably a steep tag for an aging WR and plus they still have to extend or tag Mathis. Just a thought

Much agreed

ckparrothead
12-11-2011, 12:26 PM
if peyton is cut i'm sure we'd have competition for his services...something tells me the jets would be all in on that bidding as well as the chiefs among others...

knowing our luck we'd land him and then find out his neck is still an issue or something...figures

Unfortunately that's where this could be headed.

MadDog 88
12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I can see the Dolphins and Jets as the biggest players for Manning and if the Dolphins sign him, I would be willing to bet they draft a young QB to sit a year or two.

As for those coming out I think Jones stays as he needs the additional time at OU. Barkley comes out.

Valandui
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I can see the Dolphins and Jets as the biggest players for Manning and if the Dolphins sign him, I would be willing to bet they draft a young QB to sit a year or two.

As for those coming out I think Jones stays as he needs the additional time at OU. Barkley comes out.
That could actually be a really good situation if you grabbed someone like Tannehill. Letting him sit behind Peyton for a few seasons would be cool with me.