PDA

View Full Version : i am flat out ticked off at you...

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 01:23 AM
south florida guys...how in gods name do you guys not stand on your soapbox and scream with all your might that jason pierre paul should be a dolphin??? jeesh...i have never ever seen a 43 de cover as much ground as jpp does...that dudes a freak...i saw him on a fg attempt against the saints start in the middle of the field after the snap engage and then come back and sprint to the sideline and run down jimmy graham before he could reach the sticks on the fake field goal like it was nothing...we're talking 40 yards covered in a nanosecond...he's a damn gazelle

holy hell what a talent...i'm flat out annoyed all you guys who watch usf on a weekly basis didn't scream from the mountain tops about this kids talent...when he lines up at the los in a 3 point stance i swear to god he's a full yard longer than anyone else on the los....kids upside is off the charts...

ckparrothead
12-12-2011, 01:35 AM
I regularly referred to him as the Dwight Howard of football. Doesn't that kind of say it all?

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 01:39 AM
actually i recall that from you...the dwight howard part...but i was thinking it was the dwight howard who's game was all within 5 feet of the basket and lacked post moves...not this well rounded octopus i'm seeing in jpp...

i remember saying he was too raw for us to take a chance with given our situation but good god the giants pulled off another draft homerun...he makes it look easy...everything

datruth55
12-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Speaking of that game, seeing as how we're keeping Ireland, what did you think of our new coach Jason Garrett? Given the Dallas connection I expect him to be our new coach next year.

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 01:43 AM
i don't believe garretts in play for us...but would i take him over sparano??? yes...i would...sparano can motivate as evidenced by the players not quitting on us this season yet but good god his game management blows...why the hell you go for that 55 yard freaking fg WHEN ALL THE MOMENTUM IS ON YOUR SIDELINE instead of kicking it deep and pinning a at that time struggling o deep and making them go 90 or so yards on you??? i mean those kinds of decisions from sparano are littered in his history here momentum changers...

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 01:52 AM
i was thinking about it tonight...you know what you need to get a read on jpp athletically...one of those overhead sky cam or blimp views...you need to be able to take in the rest of the field to truly appreciate the things this kid can do...never seen anything like it

JCane
12-12-2011, 01:54 AM
When you say "South Florida fans" are you referring to people in South Florida or fans of the University?

In all fairness to South Florida fans in South Florida, the University of South Florida is actually a geographically-challenged Tampa commuter school in West Central Florida.

It's kinda like how Boise State is in the Big East.

:lol:

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 01:57 AM
i'm sayin all you guys who go and sit in the stands or follow the univversity of south florida football team each week...the guys who should be able to see this from the stands and say" whoa...this kids unbelievable"

JCane
12-12-2011, 01:59 AM
i'm sayin all you guys who go and sit in the stands or follow the univversity of south florida football team each week...the guys who should be able to see this from the stands and say" whoa...this kids unbelievable"

I seen him play back in 2009 I think when we played USF in Tampa. Kid was a beast that day but you can't really deduct much from that performance consider how bad we suck these days.

Plus I had seats four rows from Heaven.

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 02:03 AM
i heard people talkin more about geroge selvie on here than jpp...man what a talent...thats all i can say

datruth55
12-12-2011, 02:06 AM
i heard people talkin more about geroge selvie on here than jpp...man what a talent...thats all i can say

Athletically he was off the charts but I think most didn't want to take the risk of drafting a one year wonder. I remember thinking though that a 3-4 team would take him and put him at OLB because he was that athletic.

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Athletically he was off the charts but I think most didn't want to take the risk of drafting a one year wonder. I remember thinking though that a 3-4 team would take him and put him at OLB because he was that athletic.

yeah...i remember that...he's definitely been drafted for the right system...he's a 43 guy all the way from what i've seen...

Valandui
12-12-2011, 02:20 AM
i don't believe garretts in play for us...but would i take him over sparano??? yes...i would...sparano can motivate as evidenced by the players not quitting on us this season yet but good god his game management blows...why the hell you go for that 55 yard freaking fg WHEN ALL THE MOMENTUM IS ON YOUR SIDELINE instead of kicking it deep and pinning a at that time struggling o deep and making them go 90 or so yards on you??? i mean those kinds of decisions from sparano are littered in his history here momentum changers...
I learned in the main forum that those decisions ultimately have little to no impact on the outcome of the game.

hooshoops
12-12-2011, 02:21 AM
I learned in the main forum that those decisions ultimately have little to no impact on the outcome of the game.

well you learned wrong...

datruth55
12-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Interesting because Bill Belichick always plays the field position game and last I heard he's a pretty good coach.

Valandui
12-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Interesting because Bill Belichick always plays the field position game and last I heard he's a pretty good coach.
Yep. I learned that it ultimately has the same impact on the game as what color hoodie you are wearing and all HCs are about the same at game management skills.

ckparrothead
12-12-2011, 02:45 AM
actually i recall that from you...the dwight howard part...but i was thinking it was the dwight howard who's game was all within 5 feet of the basket and lacked post moves...not this well rounded octopus i'm seeing in jpp...

i remember saying he was too raw for us to take a chance with given our situation but good god the giants pulled off another draft homerun...he makes it look easy...everything

He was extremely raw. And often dumb. But Dwight Howard is a ridiculous NBA player and Jason Pierre-Paul is a ridiculous NFL player. What I was getting at is how awkward and young Dwight Howard looked when he first entered the league but when he grew into his body and got used to what his body is capable of doing, he's one of the most ridiculous NBA players out there. That's what I saw in JPP's future.

ckparrothead
12-12-2011, 02:46 AM

I don't think that's really true. Everyone from USF knew that JPP was the 1st round talent not George Selvie, though George had a special place in the hearts of USF fans for what he did as a Bull.

Pinkboy
12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Yep. I learned that it ultimately has the same impact on the game as what color hoodie you are wearing and all HCs are about the same at game management skills.

haha I know who you're talkin about. Ignore him. That "shou" guy or whatever his name is,, is a nutjob who has a thing for Sparano's meatballs like no one I've ever seen

DudeleBroski
12-12-2011, 04:48 AM

Yup. He started playing football in college. They had to teach him the rules of the game. Those are understandable reasons to be skeptical of him. His athleticism was/is ridiculous though, and so was his tape. I saw the dude doing consecutive back flips on the field. He has to be like 6' 5. I honestly thought Parcells was going to take that mammoth sized man, or Earl Thomas.

The save on the Saints fake field goal, plus the open field tackle he made on the screen tonight on the last drive...Wow. Plus the Giants got Prince this past draft. Thats potential.

rob19
12-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I saw the dude doing consecutive back flips on the field.
played lights out against the cowboys tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MhIGYUi3l8U#!

TedSlimmJr
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't remember anyone doing anything other than speaking glowingly in favor of Pierre-Paul's incredible athletic ability and marveling at those vines he had for arms. The issues were that he was extremely raw and his performances on the field were due to getting by purely on athletic ability.

He was very suspect against the run. I remember studying the game against Miami where the Hurricanes rushed for almost 250 yards on Pierre-Paul and Selvie. You could tell how raw he was because he would stand straight up at the snap and immediately lose leverage.

The Giants reached a little bit for raw physical tools because they know how to develope defensive linemen, and Pierre-Paul was allowed to platoon in and out with a deep rotation of proven vets as they brought him along.

Sometimes it works out for you and sometimes it doesn't. The Bills reached for a hyper-athletic, raw, one-dimensional, underdeveloped, 1-year-wonder of a pass rusher from Penn St. only to see it blow up in their face.