PDA

View Full Version : One less voice to scream for O-line draft picks

Generic Name
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey 3 incher and company-

Your biggest advocate for DeCastro has left the building. Thank God. Maybe a guy who understands the modern game will push Ireland or whoever towards a more sensible draft direction.

Thank you, Lord. the dinosaur drafts might be a thing of the past

Pinkboy
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Don't forget that the doofus was also the key component in bringing in cowboy retread garbage O-linemen like Colombo, Al Johnson, Joe Berger, Mcqueefstain, and all the rest of that pathetic mess.

Early last year, during training camp as a matter of fact, it was that meathead Sparano who admitted that it was his insistence and recommendation to Ireland to bring in all those cowboy stiffs to miami. However i also fault Ireland for falling for Sparano's advice on these positions. A good Gm should know all the players around the league, not just the ones from his previous organization

ticophin
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
To be honest with you...I wouldn´t be opposed to a Kalil or DeCastro / Brandon Weeden 1-2 punch in the Draft...

Generic Name
12-13-2011, 03:39 PM
To be honest with you...I wouldn´t be opposed to a Kalil or DeCastro / Brandon Weeden 1-2 punch in the Draft...

Is that really how smart teams are built- with 4 first round OL and a 29 year old rookie QB?

Hayden Fox
12-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Folks, the RT position is awful. This is not a deep tackle draft after the top few guys. So, you better have some ideas in FA or know some sleepers. Garner showed he cannot play on the edge Sunday. Columbo? No. Trust Murtha? No.

Taking a RT has to be on the radar.

Canadi-Phin
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah take RT is FA or later in the draft. RT should not be something we look at in the first round. We should actually be trading our 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up to 2nd to get Barkley if he comes out.

Generic Name
12-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah take RT is FA or later in the draft. RT should not be something we look at in the first round. We should actually be trading our 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up to 2nd to get Barkley if he comes out.

Amen, couldn't agree more and even if we can not land MB or RG3 they have to land an impact player who doesn't play OL or DL or kick. There are WR's and LB's who fit that bill. Maybe even a DB but throwing all of our eggs in the front line basket is a mistake we've made too often in the past

Hayden Fox
12-13-2011, 06:23 PM

I think that is what will occur is the trade up for the QB.

greasyObnoxious
12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Folks, the RT position is awful. This is not a deep tackle draft after the top few guys. So, you better have some ideas in FA or know some sleepers. Garner showed he cannot play on the edge Sunday. Columbo? No. Trust Murtha? No.

Taking a RT has to be on the radar.

Garner showed he can't play LEFT tackle on Sunday, which was no surprise to those who have seen his footwork before. he's done very well as LG, RG and, coincidentally, RIGHT tackle.

hooshoops
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
yeah if you blame anyone for garners play on the left side blame the oline coach and sparano for putting him out there at a position he cannot man...he's an interior oline player with some versatility to kick out to right tackle...left tackle he looks like pat mcquistan did for seattle against the rams the other night...a turnstile

Hayden Fox
12-14-2011, 10:26 AM
I am not having Nate Garner as my RT as he is charge of protect my franchise qb.

greasyObnoxious
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I am not having Nate Garner as my RT as he is charge of protect my franchise qb.

the Packers have no problem with Marshall Newhouse at LT