PDA

View Full Version : And with the 2nd overall pick the Miami Dolphins select...

woody0257
12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7358275/usc-trojans-matt-kalil-enter-2012-nfl-draft

What do you think? Do we trade up to get him???

Drfletcherdc
12-16-2011, 08:30 AM
You are joking, right? Last time we had the second pick it went to Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers... How did that pick turn out?

JCane
12-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Looks like they spelled Matt Barkley's name all wrong.

:idk:

amspeed13
12-16-2011, 08:31 AM
If we do, I am going to need a new TV.

andyahs
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Ahhh the jokes on Finheaven keep coming!

DisturbedShifty
12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Look, I understand a team needs an o-line, but I will be pissed if we take any other position in the first round other than a quarterback.

DudeleBroski
12-16-2011, 09:09 AM
I would do something i ended up regretting if we picked anything other than Qb in the 1st. Especially o line.

But imagine what a healthy peyton could do behind a line like that. Still, bad idea.

Sarnics13
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Look I want to draft a QB more than I can say, but we need to be prepared for this. since we got those 5 great games I am sure it changed some outlook of the FO.
Regardless of who it was against we played balls to the wall with Matt freaking Moore, so I could see these guys looking to upgrade the OLine instead of getting a QB in the draft.

It's all going to come down to what coach we get, plain and simple. I really believe if we get Gruden, Billick, Fisher or Cowher that Ireland is gone and these are the guys that would be grabbing a fresh new QB to start their reign with their new team.

SuperMarksBros.
12-16-2011, 09:48 AM
This team cannot draft a lineman in the 1st round every ****ing year. What an embarrassment this franchise has become.

JCane
12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
You upgrade your offensive line in the third and fourth rounds when you're in DIRE need of a QB such as we are. It's far easier to fine fat guys who can block in the third round than it is to find your franchise QB in the third round.

I know we need to protect our QB but damn....some of you guys are cleaning the kitchen and then cooking for 10.

Heinegrabber
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
You upgrade your offensive line in the third and fourth rounds when you're in DIRE need of a QB such as we are. It's far easier to fine fat guys who can block in the third round than it is to find your franchise QB in the third round.

I know we need to protect our QB but damn....some of you guys are cleaning the kitchen and then cooking for 10.

I think Mr. Gabbert would disagree with this.
I think Mr. Abraham would agree with this.

JCane
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM

So then we shouldn't draft a QB with our 1st pick in the draft?

Phinatic8u
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Pfft. Hes better than any QB in the 1st.

Phinatic8u
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I think Mr. Abraham would agree with this.

Gabbert shouldnt of been a 1st round pick, dude is horrible.

Heinegrabber
12-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Gabbert shouldnt of been a 1st round pick, dude is horrible.

I agree with this!!!!

Dolphin Dave
12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
No mention of the Dolphins at all in that article. If we are picking that high, I seriously doubt he would be the pick. I'm not saying that he is not worth a spot that high but we just don't need him. We already have Long who is making a fortune to play LT. There is no way we tie up that much money in one position. We also wouldn't take a guy like that and pay that kind of money to play RT either.

Buddy
12-16-2011, 10:29 AM
If we draft another Mother F***ing lineman in the first round, I will blow a friggin' blood vessel! They can pick linemen until their hearts are content forevermore once they pick our franchise QB and it better be Luck, Barkley or RGIII. There is no reason that we should walk away from this draft without one of these three as our future at QB.

datruth55
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7358275/usc-trojans-matt-kalil-enter-2012-nfl-draft

What do you think? Do we trade up to get him???
We won't have the 2nd overall pick so this thread is pointless. If we were to trade up for the 2nd pick it better be to grab a QB.

Gonzo
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
So...suggesting that we not only draft a lineman in the first round, but actually trade up to the #2 for a right tackle.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/12/imout-1.gif

electrolyte
12-16-2011, 12:01 PM
listen.

if it's our pick and we pass on Matt Barkley, i'm done with the dolphins until Ross/Peterson are gone.

mnphinfan
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
We won't have the 2nd overall pick so this thread is pointless. If we were to trade up for the 2nd pick it better be to grab a QB.

I really think the Vikes will have the 2nd or 3rd pick and will be targeting Kalil. They are really weak at LT after the release of McKinney this last year and Ponder has been running for his life because of it. Sure they need help at CB as they haven't had an interception in something like 12 consecutive games but I just think protecting Ponder will be their highest priority come draft time if they haven't addressed LT through FA.

If anything it would make them an ideal candidate for us to trade with if we have a top 5 pick to ensure that we get Barkley. The only thing is we would have to worry about Cleveland or Washington trading up as well.

I also see the Rams drafting Blackmon at either 2 or 3 to help Bradford.

My top 5 mock draft right now looks like this. With the 2/3 picks and the 4/5 picks being able to be switched pretty easily.

1. Luck
2/3. Barkely (either Fins, Washington or Cleveland trade up w/ Minny, the team with the highest draft choice will probably have the best shot as they dont want Kalil to get away)
3/2. Blackmon (Rams need WR help for Bradford)
4/5. Kalil (Vikes are desperate to protect Ponder and AP)
5/4. RG III (team who misses out on Barkley)

ticophin
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Donīt count out offers for #1 overall...seen strager things happen, plus, Colts have a tough desition to make

3rdandinches
12-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Donīt count out offers for #1 overall...seen strager things happen, plus, Colts have a tough desition to make

I would hope we are one of the teams offering up something for the 1st pick overall!