PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Washington, University of Miami

datruth55
12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
He just declared for the draft. I would strongly consider him in the 3rd or 4th round for the RG spot.

TedSlimmJr
12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I think Washington makes a good swing tackle/guard in the early-mid rounds.

Kdawg954
12-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Definitely leaves something to be desired as a LT and could drop because he played there last year out of necessity . . . however he is a very solid guard, and could be a mid round steal for a team looking for a guard.

ChambersWI
12-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I think Washington makes a good swing tackle/guard in the early-mid rounds.

I see people over at Draft Countdown saying Washinton can "James Carpenter" his way into the first round. You agree?

MiamiDolfan85
12-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Washington is one of the best pullnig guards I've seen in a while. He doesnt have elite measureables, but he does have good size and above average strength. I think he could step right in and have success.

I currently have a 3rd round grade on him.

TedSlimmJr
12-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I see people over at Draft Countdown saying Washinton can "James Carpenter" his way into the first round. You agree?

I doubt it. James Carpenter was a 2-year starter at left tackle for Bama, and didn't get beat. He took over for an All-American and top 10 pick at left tackle (Andre Smith) and the offense never missed a beat.

Carpenter was a natural tackle in college, Washington is a more natural interior lineman. Although he might be able to play some tackle in a pinch as a swing player.

Clipse
12-17-2011, 04:41 PM

I can't see that, since Washington was rather underwhelming last year as a tackle. Orlando Franklin played better at tackle and even he only went in the mid 2nd. Washington is definitely a guy I'm considering in the 3rd/4th though.

SMadison29
12-20-2011, 02:33 PM
The U has a lot of players that fall between the late second to fourth round (Washington, Streeter, Forston, Spence, Vernon). As it pertains to Washington he is a far better guard than LT but could play well at RT much like Orlando Franklin.