PDA

View Full Version : the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread...

hooshoops
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
talk about it here...

personally i'm not all that interested in watching the bowl games this year til boise st plays arizona st i wanna say the 22nd of december so i can get one last view of vontaze burflict and see if he'll go all out in his likely final game to put out some good tape for nfl scouts...

i'm sure you guys got some names in bowl games earlier though that are worth taking a look at...

uga3406
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I could care less about the bowl games themselves, but will keep my eyes on when Jones and RG the 3rd play. One of them could end up being out future qb.

ckparrothead
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The guys to keep an eye on in the San Diego State vs UL-Lafayette game are:

CB Larry Parker, San Diego State (#29)
LB Miles Burris, San Diego State (#9)
QB Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (#14)
TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette (#89)
CB Dwight Bentley, UL-Lafayette (#5)

Ryan Lindley is a good 3rd round prospect that you might be able to cure of some of his inconsistent accuracy mechanically, and through repetitions. He's got a bad receivers unit and sometimes he's trying to throw them open and they aren't adjusting. His deep ball is surprisingly accurate considering his streakiness on other throws. When you see him zip a ball 35 yards from opposite hash to sidelines through a tight window, that's why you keep coming back to him. Operates from a pro style play-action based offense, turns his back to the defense a lot. Reminds me a lot of Jake Locker but he won't be drafted #8 overall like Locker was.

Here's a video I had made of Larry Parker. I like him a lot. Small corner, willing to stick his nose in to tackle, made of wood...reminds me of Chris Owens. BALL HAWK. Has something like 7 or 8 interceptions this year including in big games and at big moments. Stays in the hip pocket of all receivers with absolute ease. Really good with the ball in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4da9ewkgFM

Tunaphish429
12-16-2011, 01:35 PM
The guys to keep an eye on in the San Diego State vs UL-Lafayette game are:

CB Larry Parker, San Diego State (#29)
LB Miles Burris, San Diego State (#9)
QB Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (#14)
TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette (#89)
CB Dwight Bentley, UL-Lafayette (#5)

Ryan Lindley is a good 3rd round prospect that you might be able to cure of some of his inconsistent accuracy mechanically, and through repetitions. He's got a bad receivers unit and sometimes he's trying to throw them open and they aren't adjusting. His deep ball is surprisingly accurate considering his streakiness on other throws. When you see him zip a ball 35 yards from opposite hash to sidelines through a tight window, that's why you keep coming back to him. Operates from a pro style play-action based offense, turns his back to the defense a lot. Reminds me a lot of Jake Locker but he won't be drafted #8 overall like Locker was.

Here's a video I had made of Larry Parker. I like him a lot. Small corner, willing to stick his nose in to tackle, made of wood...reminds me of Chris Owens. BALL HAWK. Has something like 7 or 8 interceptions this year including in big games and at big moments. Stays in the hip pocket of all receivers with absolute ease. Really good with the ball in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4da9ewkgFM

Good video, I cant imgaine he has great timed speed..Maybe a fit in a cover 2. Looks like SD state plays alot of zone too based in that video. Or at least they are in off coverage.

ckparrothead
12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Good video, I cant imgaine he has great timed speed..Maybe a fit in a cover 2. Looks like SD state plays alot of zone too based in that video. Or at least they are in off coverage.

Depends on what you consider "great" timed speed. Is he going to run in the 4.3's? Not sure about that. But any player that can catch Denard Robinson from behind is a fast human and I think fast enough to do whatever you need at the next level.

If he goes into a cover two, it would not be for lack of speed. It would more be because of his lack of height/size, and not wanting him to get into too many deep field jump ball situations versus a guy in man to man that could be up to 7 inches taller.

TedSlimmJr
12-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Good thread hoops. I absolutely love bowl season. I'm a college football guy.

I enjoy the matchups and the contrast in styles you get from scheme and personnel standpoints in bowl games. Bowl games are a great opportunity for these kids to make a big impact on their stock heading into draft process. A lot of what they do in these bowl games is going to stick in the minds of NFL people for months.

CK already made note of the kids to pay attention to in the SDSU vs. UL-Lafayette matchup, so I'm going to talk about the players I'm paying attention to in the other two bowl games this weekend.

Temple vs. Wyoming:

Tashaun Gipson / Cornerback / Wyoming --- (Probably the only draftable prospect for Wyoming in this game)

Bernard Pierce / Runningback / Temple --- (Stud. Only a junior, but it's possible he comes out early if he has a big game here. Has the skills to be a feature back in the NFL.)

Adrian Robinson / DE-OLB / Temple --- (Temple has one of the best defenses in the country, Robinson is a big reason why)

Tahir Whitehead / OLB / Temple --- (This kid is another reason why)

Morkeith Brown / Defensive End / Temple --- (This kid is another reason why. Big kid who could project as a 5-tech in odd fronts in the NFL)

Evan Rodriguez / Tight End-H-back / Temple --- (Probably an H-back in the NFL)

Ohio vs. Utah State:

Lavon Brazill / Wide Receiver / Ohio --- (One of the most underrated receivers in the entire country)

Robert Turbin / Runningback / Utah State --- (Only a junior, but he may come out if he has a big game here. Big, physical, hard nosed back with power and speed. Underrated player)

Bobby Wagner / Inside Linebacker / Utah State --- (Not a fit for every defense due to size. Underrated player though)

WelcomeBack
12-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Bernard Pierce and Lavon Brazill are two of my favorite players this weekend.

hooshoops
12-18-2011, 01:02 AM
i tell ya what...i'm only into the 2nd quarter on my dvr of the san diego st ul laf game and lindley i can see why he's an nfl prospect...he's got nice feet and an nfl arm...he's throwing some lasers out there...hell of a corner route i just saw...not many guys in the college game that make that throw...i'm intrigued

larry parker looks awfully damn small out there...if he's 185 lbs i'll be shocked

ckparrothead
12-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Ladarius Green is 6'6" and 240 lbs and is having a ridiculous night tonight, but when UL-Lafayette isolated him in single coverage in the end zone on Larry Parker, and threw the fade to him both plays, Parker came up big and broke up the pass both times. That's 5'11" and 180 lbs on 6'6" and 240 lbs, matched up single on the fade twice...and the diminutive Parker won.

And it's not that Ladarius Green is a bad player. He's been dominating all night, 5 catches for 121 yards and a TD.

TedSlimmJr
12-18-2011, 01:55 PM
i tell ya what...i'm only into the 2nd quarter on my dvr of the san diego st ul laf game and lindley i can see why he's an nfl prospect...he's got nice feet and an nfl arm...he's throwing some lasers out there...hell of a corner route i just saw...not many guys in the college game that make that throw...i'm intrigued

larry parker looks awfully damn small out there...if he's 185 lbs i'll be shocked

Lindley looked the best he's looked all year. His footwork was neat, and accuracy was on point as a result. Moved well in the pocket avoiding the pass rush.

Of course he was doing it against a Sun Belt defense, but I was glad to see him go out and have a good game during the last game of his career. I come away with my lasting impression being the clutch drive he led in the final 2 minutes to put SDSU ahead. The kick ULL's kicker made was spectacular.

One of the best games of the entire season.

TedSlimmJr
12-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Ladarius Green is 6'6" and 240 lbs and is having a ridiculous night tonight, but when UL-Lafayette isolated him in single coverage in the end zone on Larry Parker, and threw the fade to him both plays, Parker came up big and broke up the pass both times. That's 5'11" and 180 lbs on 6'6" and 240 lbs, matched up single on the fade twice...and the diminutive Parker won.

And it's not that Ladarius Green is a bad player. He's been dominating all night, 5 catches for 121 yards and a TD.

Absolutely. Good matchup between these two in the redzone and Parker made play both times. You might have found yourself a decent sleeper in Parker.

TedSlimmJr
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM
FIU vs. Marshall:

T.Y. Hilton / WR / FIU --- (One of my favorite skill position players in the country. This kid has been on my All Underrated team every year since he was sophomore. Inexperienced and unpolished route runner, but is just as fast and explosive on vertical routes as Desean Jackson was coming out of Cal. Most dangerous kick and punt returner in the country.)

Vinny Curry / DE / Marshall --- (Everybody knows who Vinny Curry is. You either like him or you don't. He'll be about a year or so older than most rookies)

TCU vs. Louisiana Tech:

Tank Carder / ILB / TCU --- (Heart and soul of Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 defense. He's had a little bit of a down season by his standards. Picked off 2 passes this year and returned both for TD's. Active, high energy linebacker who's pretty good at everything. Probably make a good 'Mike' backer in somebody's 4-3 defense.)

Lennon Creer / RB / Louisiana Tech: --- (Good size. Decent do-it-all type back. Might be worth a late rounder.)

Arizona St. vs. Boise St.:

Vontaze Burfict / ILB / Arizona St. --- (Has every physical tool in the shed to be an impact linebacker... but being a tool is his biggest drawback. He's his own worst enemy. Gets himself out of position a lot. Can take over and dominate for entire series. Has pro-bowl type potential. Also has mega-bust potential. You take the bad with the good when it comes to Burfict. Enigma.)

Garth Gerhart / C / Arizona St. --- (Solid prospect as a utility interior offensive lineman. Has experience at both guard and center.)

Omar Bolden / CB / Arizona St. --- (Won't be playing in this game as he's missed the entire season with an injury. Very underrated CB who I expect to declare for the NFL draft.)

Gerell Robinson / WR / Arizona St. --- (Huge possession type receiver)

Mike Willie / WR / Arizona St. --- (Ditto)

Cameron Marshall / RB / Arizona St. --- (Was on my underrated underclassman list of RB's heading into the season. Could come out early after this game.)

Kellen Moore / QB / Boise St. --- (Short. Skinny. Weak arm. Accurate. Productive. Experienced. Intangibles. Records, etc. You all know the story with him. Might make a backup in the right system.)

Doug Martin / RB / Boise St. --- (Compact, powerful runner who's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. I like his low center of gravity, patience, and running style. Poor man's Mark Ingram. Boise's coaches even came to Tuscaloosa to study how Ingram was used by Jim McElwain in order to apply it with Martin.)

Tyler Shoemaker / WR / Boise St. --- (Solidly built, polished receiver who has a knack for the position and a nice feel for the game.)

Nate Potter / OT / Boise St. --- (Moore's blindside protector. Needs to get stronger and play with better leverage. Meh.)

George Iloka / S / Boise St. --- (Big safety who can hit and run. Reminds me a lot of Kam Chancellor coming out of Virginia Tech.)

Billy Winn / DT / Boise St. --- (Beast. Could project as a 5-tech in odd fronts. Really like this kid.)

Shea McClellin / DE / Boise St. --- (Versatile pass rusher who plays a variety of different roles. Rushes with his hand down and from a 2-point stance. Experienced dropping into coverage. Could be a nice sleeper as 3-4 OLB.)

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:01 AM
i liked green looked a little light in the pants however...i wonder if you add 15 lbs to that frame if he can maintain what separates him though...cause he looks like a guy who's playin at 230 lbs...

lindley throws some balls that are just heat seekers...the skinny post td to put them up late that ball was a rope...big time arm

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Lindley looked the best he's looked all year. His footwork was neat, and accuracy was on point as a result. Moved well in the pocket avoiding the pass rush.

Of course he was doing it against a Sun Belt defense, but I was glad to see him go out and have a good game during the last game of his career. I come away with my lasting impression being the clutch drive he led in the final 2 minutes to put SDSU ahead. The kick ULL's kicker made was spectacular.

One of the best games of the entire season.

agreed...and that kick was balls...thats all i can say...knuckleballer that found pay dirt...much better than those craptastic thursday and saturday night nfl games...those were horrid

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 04:17 PM
taping the marshall game tonight only to key vinny curry and hilton...could care less about the game itself...doubt i'll be watching that crap burger tomorrow though tcu's bowl game...

ckparrothead
12-20-2011, 04:59 PM
I'll be at the game.

datruth55
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
taping the marshall game tonight only to key vinny curry and hilton...could care less about the game itself...doubt i'll be watching that crap burger tomorrow though tcu's bowl game...
Hilton's a baller. Kid is just a playmaker.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 06:10 PM
wanna get a look at curry to see if he's someone who should be in consideration with our 2nd round pick...

ginn and juice
12-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing TY and Aaron Dobson.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
meh...i wanna at minimum supplement koa misi at solb if not find an every down replacement but for me at least currys not that guy...i want an explosive first step and get off edge rusher or a premium power player and from what i'm seeing curry leaves me just meh...no thanks...moves pretty damn well for what looks like a pretty large man...but lacks some of the explosive qualities and ability to shed i'm looking for...2 times one on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line he's blown off the ball and put on his back and then on another running play he's doubled and carried literally 10 yards back before he's put on his back...

i could see him as a 2nd round pick for someone though...but i wouldn't do it

ckparrothead
12-20-2011, 11:53 PM
wanna get a look at curry to see if he's someone who should be in consideration with our 2nd round pick...

I continue to NOT see what the fuss is about with Vinny Curry. When he's on, his vertical takeoff off the snap is impressive, can get depth in his pass rush, and he's got some strength, uses his hands OK...but he lacks agility, explosiveness, flexibility, can't redirect, gets lazy. I don't get it. Forbme he's sort of the form but no substance that Pierre Allen was last year. Courtney Upshaw BLOWS HIM AWAY.

ckparrothead
12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
T.Y. Hilton is a beast. Super explosive, super fast, super agile, and a tough guy. Going to be a tremendous football player at the next level.

datruth55
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
meh...i wanna at minimum supplement koa misi at solb if not find an every down replacement but for me at least currys not that guy...i want an explosive first step and get off edge rusher or a premium power player and from what i'm seeing curry leaves me just meh...no thanks...moves pretty damn well for what looks like a pretty large man...but lacks some of the explosive qualities and ability to shed i'm looking for...2 times one on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line he's blown off the ball and put on his back and then on another running play he's doubled and carried literally 10 yards back before he's put on his back...

i could see him as a 2nd round pick for someone though...but i wouldn't do it

I didn't see anything there that made me think he could play OLB in a 3-4. I would definitely pass on him.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I didn't see anything there that made me think he could play OLB in a 3-4. I would definitely pass on him.

i thought his movement skills for his size were ok and i liked his initial lateral quickness at the snap he split some things but frankly i'm just not interested even in the 3rd round for that matter...i think i can do better elsewhere

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm with datruth55 tho, every time I've seen him there has not been anything about his game that makes me want him at OLB in. 3-4. I could see him playing End and maybe developing some, but I don't like him for our (current) defense.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 11:56 AM
i don't have a problem with that...i did see him drop a couple times and close on the ball from a zone look pretty swiftly but he looks like a guy to me who wants to play with his hand in the dirt

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 12:59 PM
so much for seeing unc wr dwight jones in the bowl game...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Dwight-Jones-8217-8217-1st-annual-8217-bir?urn=ncaaf-wp11801

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah I hear UNC is appealing the suspension though. Seems like a raw deal.

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
And on that note, I just saw via Twitter that appeal was successful and the NCAA has reversed his suspension.

Game on!

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 11:46 AM
alright vontaze burflict you got one last chance to put out some fantastic tape for the scouts to drool over...i wanna see you bringin it tonight...i wanna see a heat seeking missile...even if you're gonna get destroyed by boise

TedSlimmJr
12-22-2011, 10:30 PM
One thing about Osweiler that has always concerned me is his penchant for staring down his targets. His feet go dead and he stares down his intended receiver.

He doesn't see the field well and missed an easy touchdown earlier. He still needs a lot of work. Nowhere close to being NFL ready. He's still got a lot to learn about playing the QB position.

Osweiler can't touch Tyler Wilson in my opinion.

ckparrothead
12-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Osweiler was almost completely out of control tonight from an emotional standpoint IMO. It affected his play. The coaching controversy issues there took their toll. I agree he's not near ready to play in the NFL. I would prefer he go back to school. But if he came out I'd still rather have him than not, the key is just that I wouldn't plan on playing him at any point in his first year, and maybe not even in his first two years.

TedSlimmJr
12-23-2011, 03:53 AM
He's huge with a little mobility and pretty good arm. The rest is essentially an empty slate.

I don't like the way the ball comes out of his hand... it's inconsistent and dies a lot on him in flight towards the end. It doesn't turn over.

Bottom line is he's got a LOT of room for improvement. This is his first year starting, but he's a long ways from being able to impress me enough to even be in a discussion for the first few rounds. It's all about next year for Osweiler.

TedSlimmJr
12-23-2011, 04:07 AM
alright vontaze burflict you got one last chance to put out some fantastic tape for the scouts to drool over...i wanna see you bringin it tonight...i wanna see a heat seeking missile...even if you're gonna get destroyed by boise

Didn't happen. He started the game on the bench, came in for a couple series.... drew his 112th personal foul penalty, and got his a** benched again.

He's a tool with tools. That's basically the extent of any scouting report on Burfict, although they'll use 500 more words to say exactly that.

Anybody is free to assign whatever value they want to him from the 1st round to the 5th round and they'd probably be right.

Hell of a talent who just doesn't seem to get it.

Edit: On the other hand... Doug Martin... he gets it. He's going to make a good Ray Rice or Mark Ingram type back for whoever drafts him.

finsfanjay13
12-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Didn't happen. He started the game on the bench, came in for a couple series.... drew his 112th personal foul penalty, and got his a** benched again.

He's a tool with tools. That's basically the extent of any scouting report on Burfict, although they'll use 500 more words to say exactly that.

Anybody is free to assign whatever value they want to him from the 1st round to the 5th round and they'd probably be right.

Edit: On the other hand... Doug Martin... he gets it. He's going to make a good Ray Rice or Mark Ingram type back for whoever drafts him.

Agree with everything. Burflict just isn't mature. The team that gets him is a team that is strong in the locker room and has good, veteran leaders. Miami doesn't have that.

In regards to Martin, he's somebody I've liked since last year and I'm happy to see him perform so well. It's also telling that he was always in the shadows of Kellen Moore, yet he seemed to be fine with it.

ckparrothead
12-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I've heard that Dennis Erickson was fired in part because he could never control Vontaze Burfict.

He's only a college player and already he's a coach killer. HUGE red flag. Love the guy's talent, but this sport can be prone to guys with personality disorders (see our own Brandon Marshall)...and so even though your own rational mind keeps wanting to say, he'll grow out of it, he'll grow up, etc...maybe that's not a great assumption. We're projecting our own rationality onto a player from a sample pool that is littered with totally irrational minds.

hooshoops
12-23-2011, 01:22 PM

yeah...he's benched to start and you can tell he's not happy about it then erickson is talkin to him and you can tell he's tellin him when you get your chance you better not do anything stupid and he comes in for series and promptly gets a 15 yard freakin taunting or unsportsmanlike penalty...and never sees the field again...he's too much...kid must not like money cause he's destroying his draft prospects...i doubt he gets touched before the 3rd round and even then i don't know...unreal

as for osweiler everything i saw yesterday furthered my belief he needs to stay in school...doug martin...looks like a good value pick...i don't think he's gonna wow anyone when he tests but that kids a football player...i agree he's got some ray rice in him

TheWalrus
12-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Burfict seems like a future Raven to me. They did the same thing last year with Jimmy Smith, counting on that strong locker room to beat a misfit into shape. Burfict is another in that same mold and Ray Lewis is near enough to the end (as are a bunch of guys on that defense), that they're going to have to start looking at high profile alternatives.

datruth55
12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Anybody watching the Southern Miss/Nevada game? I'm intersted in Austin Davis, QB of Southern Miss.

ChambersWI
12-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Anybody watching the Southern Miss/Nevada game? I'm intersted in Austin Davis, QB of Southern Miss.

kind of shocked Davis is rated as low as he is.

hooshoops
12-26-2011, 02:11 PM
potential top pick target quentin coples bowl game today 5pm on espn vs missouri...set the dvr

ckparrothead
12-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Not to mention Dwight Jones.

Austin Tatious
12-26-2011, 07:40 PM
How did Coples look? I forgot to watch it. Looks like Mizzou is killing them.

Hayden Fox
12-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Overall a TERRIBLE effort from UNC. Between the turmoil and coaching change, the Heels have phoned it in...bad.

LouPhinFan
12-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Belk Bowl tonight at 8.

Louisville players to watch:

Seniors

LB Dexter Heyman

TE Josh Chichester

RB Victor Anderson - former BE freshman of the year. Plagued by injuries until this season. Could make a good late round flyer for someone needing a scat back

Juniors

C Mario Benavides - 6'4" 305 lbs learned from Eric Wood and took over for him

CB Adrian Bushell - do everything CB, left UF went to JC then on to U of L

Bonus underclassmen to notice

True Freshman WR DeVante Parker - excellent hands, NFL size

Sophomore SS Hakeem Smith (BE freshman of the year last season, 1st team all BE this season)

RS Freshman G Jake Smith

Sophomore RB Jeremy Wright - hampered my injuries this season, but coaches say he is the most talented RB they've coached.

There maybe other players you'll notice as well, but these are the main ones.

mmikel30
12-27-2011, 02:54 PM
How did Coples look? I forgot to watch it. Looks like Mizzou is killing them.I watched bits and pieces but Coples looked terrible when I watched total lack of effort.

hooshoops
12-27-2011, 03:03 PM
I watched bits and pieces but Coples looked terrible when I watched total lack of effort.

thats interesting...i haven't watched it yet but i've got it on my to do list...

hooshoops
12-28-2011, 06:00 PM
boy did carolinas d lay an egg against missou...and dwight jones yeah he made plays but he also dropped 3 balls...

louisville with some head scratching play calls on 4th and 1 yesterday...ok fine you run the ball the first time and get stuffed i can understand that but to run the ball again on 4th and 1 off tackle and behind a te who has legs like crickets in chichester i have to wonder what the heck you're thinking...not to mention you have a run pass option threat at qb like that freshman kid under center...head scratchers...some talented young kids on that roster though

lb audie cole making plays all over the place yesterday for nc state...all over the place

hooshoops
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
this texas cal game tonight smells like a texas sized beat down for cal but watch the true soph wr for cal #21 keenan allen...this kid can play...i'm a fan

LouPhinFan
12-28-2011, 09:08 PM
louisville with some head scratching play calls on 4th and 1 yesterday...ok fine you run the ball the first time and get stuffed i can understand that but to run the ball again on 4th and 1 off tackle and behind a te who has legs like crickets in chichester i have to wonder what the heck you're thinking...not to mention you have a run pass option threat at qb like that freshman kid under center...head scratchers...some talented young kids on that roster though

Yeah and one of those 4th and 1s that I can remember had Anderson in at RB and not Brown. Why are you running that play with your scatback and not your brusier? I'm fine with going for it in those situations, but you've got to have the right players in your package.

TedSlimmJr
12-28-2011, 09:22 PM
this texas cal game tonight smells like a texas sized beat down for cal but watch the true soph wr for cal #21 keenan allen...this kid can play...i'm a fan

You got that right.. he was committed to Bama all the way up to the last second and decided to go play with his brother at Cal. Keenan Allen will probably be a 1st round pick if he comes out early next year.

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
looking forward to dame flo st tonight...to me it looks like one of the better bowl games of the bowl season potentially...

get ready for more rg3 talk tonight after he lights up the washington d...too bad we couldn't get him up against a quality defensive opponent for once...anyways the freshman te for washington #88 is a future high round pick imo so check him out

TedSlimmJr
12-29-2011, 10:07 AM
looking forward to dame flo st tonight...to me it looks like one of the better bowl games of the bowl season potentially...

get ready for more rg3 talk tonight after he lights up the washington d...too bad we couldn't get him up against a quality defensive opponent for once...anyways the freshman te for washington #88 is a future high round pick imo so check him out

You need to take notice of Baylor's center, Phillip Blake. He's the most underrated center in the draft in my opinion... just a natural snapper of the football... and he's going to have his hands full with Alameda Ta'amu. That's a great battle to watch.

Ta'amu is actually in my top 10 overall prospects. He's the closest thing to Haloti Ngata that I've seen since Haloti Ngata.

ckparrothead
12-29-2011, 11:32 AM
You need to take notice of Baylor's center, Phillip Blake. He's the most underrated center in the draft in my opinion... just a natural snapper of the football... and he's going to have his hands full with Alameda Ta'amu. That's a great battle to watch.

Ta'amu is actually in my top 10 overall prospects. He's the closest thing to Haloti Ngata that I've seen since Haloti Ngata.

I don't have Ta'amu in top 10 or 15 due to inconsistency and a feeling I get that he could be one of those typical Soliai DT types that takes 3-4 years before he's really anything worth sneezing at, but I do like him and I do think he's got a boat load of talent.

Between the Clemson DT Thompson, Dontari Poe, that Miss St guy that reminds you of Dareus and me of Kevin Williams, Ta'amu...shaping up a good top end of the draft for DTs. I didn't even mention Devon Still, who I think you like a lot more than I do.

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 12:33 PM

well alrighty then...thanks for the heads up...

Hayden Fox
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Malcom Floyd looks like a stud.

Hayden Fox
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Floyd I bet turns into a diva though.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Floyd I bet turns into a diva though.
Guaranteed he does. Kid will be a headache off the field no doubt in my mind. He's already had issues at Notre Dame.

Hayden Fox
12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
I still think Blackmon is the best and Wright from Baylor gives an incredible vertical threat.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
oklahoma tonight better not sleep on iowa...kirk ferentz is a heck of a coach and even with a team thats not up to their yearly standards he'll have his kids prepared...and you just know oklahoma isn't all that enthused about this being their bowl game...

watch out for upset city here...

Hayden Fox
12-31-2011, 01:26 PM
I like Tannehill's tools much more than Jones.

The kid is raw, but he has a ton of raw talent.

I am wondering if it is worth landing him at our spot in the 1st round and not giving up a ton of picks for RGIII...which I feel they will do.

hooshoops
01-01-2012, 09:20 AM
saw a rb yesterday that i really liked...pead for cincinatti...kids got some good talent...mcshay has him his 9th rated back in the draft...i have a hard tim believing there's 9 guys better than that kid as pro prospects at the position...real hard time

hooshoops
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
i'm trying to figure out which 1pm bowl game to watch...any ideas fellas??? i know where i'll be for the rose bowl and the weeden luck matchup but undecided on who i got to see here shortly

TedSlimmJr
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
saw a rb yesterday that i really liked...pead for cincinatti...kids got some good talent...mcshay has him his 9th rated back in the draft...i have a hard tim believing there's 9 guys better than that kid as pro prospects at the position...real hard time

Pead is a good back. He's patient and lets his blocks develope. He understands that he's allowed one cut and then gets his shoulders square and heads north/south in a hurry. Carries the ball the way a back is supposed to and doesn't come with ball security issues.

He'll be a good back for a team that runs a ZBS. I think he'll make a good #2 back for a team like that who uses a RB by committee approach.

hooshoops
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
looks like s carolina...wanna get a look at slimms guy ingram

hooshoops
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
i like lavonte david...i think he's a solid 2nd round pick despite the lack of size and would be a great 43 backer fit in a defense like the colts...nice player

Hayden Fox
01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Alshon Jeffery is on my radar again. What a weapon in the Red Zone. Where would the Fins be this year IF we produced in the red area?

hooshoops
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
jefferys been wearing dennard like drapes for most of the game...i guess there's no such thing as illegal contact in the college game

MiamiDolphin618
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Alshon Jeffery is on my radar again. What a weapon in the Red Zone. Where would the Fins be this year IF we produced in the red area?
People dont like him because he lacks top end speed and he has a down year. But I agree, he should be on the radar. He is a monster...and I think he can be an impact player in the NFL. Plus people make such a big deal about speed..Ive seen Marshal get by plenty of DB's this year...but he is only a possession receiver...rightttt. Not everyone is Mike Wallace or Desean Jackson

phin_23
01-02-2012, 05:05 PM
we need a passrusher badllyyyyy.

hooshoops
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
the jump ball td at the end of the half didn't impress me from jeffery...especially when he got away with one of those subtle push in the backs that wrs seem to get away with all the damn time just before he leaped for the ball...what was eye opening to me though was that jeffery was able to separate vertically down the field from dennard...i didn't really expect that he was fast enough to do that...and he ran right by him a few times...not sure i believe dennard is a burner though either...and dennard won't get away with that hands on approach i saw today everywhere on the field...they'll call that contact in the nfl all day long

Hayden Fox
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Honestly...I like Kirk Cousins. Mentally tough kid. Nice mechanics.

hooshoops
01-02-2012, 07:43 PM
peter konz is absolute murder in the run game...for a guy coming off a dislocated anke he is moving cats off the ball...1st round grade all the way...thoughts on the wisconsin backer mike taylor??? this kids all around the damn ball i know that much

ChambersWI
01-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Russell Wilson you know have my attention

hooshoops
01-03-2012, 03:39 PM
lookin forward to tonights game...not so much for pro prospects i just think it may be another great matchup...

TedSlimmJr
01-04-2012, 12:44 AM
David Wilson reminds me of Thurman Thomas. I think Wilson is going to be the best NFL back VT has ever produced.

datruth55
01-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Is there a worse coach in BCS games than Frank Beamer...goodness he sucks.

ChambersWI
01-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Logan Thomas looks like he could be something special.

I don't know how people view guys like Junior Hemmingway, David Molk, Mike Martin, or Ryan Van Bergan... but damn I'm gonna miss those guys

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Is there a worse coach in BCS games than Frank Beamer...goodness he sucks.

i love it...nothing but hokie talk my way all day every day...he played not to lose in regulation and it bit him on that turkey gobbler on his neck

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 01:55 AM
David Wilson reminds me of Thurman Thomas. I think Wilson is going to be the best NFL back VT has ever produced.

that kids elusive i know that much...and he's got explosive initial quickness and burst out of his cuts when he goes north and south...explosive...and a tough guy for what looks like less than ideal size...

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Logan Thomas looks like he could be something special.

I don't know how people view guys like Junior Hemmingway, David Molk, Mike Martin, or Ryan Van Bergan... but damn I'm gonna miss those guys

yeah thomas looks like someone we are gonna be talkin about as a top 5 pick maybe in 2013...he's another one with high end tools and you have to love that body...although i don't think he's as elusive or fast as cam newton was

congrats to you and maddog on the bcs win...another great bcs game in the books...surprised they overruled that ot td for va tech...i thought it could be called either way but i didn't see anything that said to me there was enough there to overrule the on field call

ChambersWI
01-04-2012, 02:05 AM
yeah thomas looks like someone we are gonna be talkin about as a top 5 pick maybe in 2013...he's another one with high end tools and you have to love that body...although i don't think he's as elusive or fast as cam newton was

congrats to you and maddog on the bcs win...another great bcs game in the books...surprised they overruled that ot td for va tech...i thought it could be called either way but i didn't see anything that said to me there was enough there to overrule the on field call

First replay looked like tip of the ball hit out of bounds before he came down, but after that I wasn't sure.

insom187
01-04-2012, 04:57 AM
That game sucked. Michigan wins with 174 total yards and 12 first downs? Lame. I just refuse to get past the fact neither of these teams deserved to be in this game but because of there fan bases that's why they got it. I cant wait for Boise to start up in the Big East and get that automatic bid so they get an opportunity show there true quality. With all the great QB play so far this bowl season Kellen Moore not getting a chance to showcase his talents on a national stage is just a shame, especially when Robinson is basically running a Wildcat offense for Michigan.

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
ha ha...its always a good day for me when va tech loses...no matter how it happens...

tonights game i think may turn into clemson rolling over wva...but we should get a good look at bruce irvin dwayne allen (who i love) brandon thompson branch among others...and a nice freshman wr named watkins...

geno smith...ummm...no thanks...not a fan

finsfanjay13
01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Coming from NoVA, it's a great thing when VT loses. I had to deal with their delusional alumni base for too long. They're worse than Redskins fans. I remember them actually thinking Sean Glennon was a good QB.

With that said, Logan Thomas is understandably raw still. David Wilson is a stud, though.

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Coming from NoVA, it's a great thing when VT loses. I had to deal with their delusional alumni base for too long. They're worse than Redskins fans. I remember them actually thinking Sean Glennon was a good QB.

With that said, Logan Thomas is understandably raw still. David Wilson is a stud, though.

right there with ya on that...that fan base is rediculous...they come out of the woodwork

ChambersWI
01-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Tajh Boyd is one of my favorite players in the nation and is technically, draft eligible. I don't know how reliable the rumors are but there are whispers that he'll look into the draft depending on how the bowl goes.

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
i'll be surprised if boyd comes out...

ChambersWI
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I would too, but with Barkley not coming out, RG3 still undecided (though probably coming out), and Landry Jones sucking the last month or so (and him not announcing yet) a lot of underclassmen we aren't talking about are being advised to enter the draft or explore it at the least.

Hayden Fox
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Good to see Sun Life relatively filled tonight.

ChambersWI
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
You know in these 2 drives, I noticed something with Boyd; he has really good pocket awareness. Yeah he's playing in a spread, but there were a few plays where West Virginia has gotten a decent outside rush and Boyd just stays in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield.

weisdolphins
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Boyd is looking pretty good. His passes are on time and he does not panic when the pocket collapses. I think he should go back to school for 2012 season.

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 11:54 PM
yeah boyd while a duel threat doesn't bail...he stands in scans the field and delivers...maybe its just me but boy is there some high end skill position talent on that field...i like the returner/package player austin for wva if i can get him later the safety for wvu isn't half bad...clemsons got talent all over the place but watkins is a future top 20 guy...mcshay has branch the #12 overall player i'm screaming he better check his loop...thats way to high for a guy with the average pass rush tools i'm seeing...

and i'm tellin you right now with the way dwayne allen looks and i'm thinking he's a legit 6 ft 3 i don't see any way that kid makes it to our 2nd round pick...thats a 1st round te all the damn way...i love that guy...he gets down the seam in a hurry...he's got burst he can block...love him...he chased the goalline fumble for td guy 100 yards and never gave up and was faster than the wr hopkins i think his name is...dwayne allen might be a top 20 bpa...sure looks that way to me

Roman529
01-04-2012, 11:57 PM
We need to hire the West Virginia OC or whoever is running their offense. I have never seen a team move the ball so quickly and get in scoring position. I really like Tavon Austin....could be a nice "sleeper" pick next year.

jonanthans
01-05-2012, 12:00 AM
We need to hire the West Virginia OC or whoever is running their offense. I have never seen a team move the ball so quickly and get in scoring position. I really like Tavon Austin....could be a nice "sleeper" pick next year.

Dana Holgerson calls the plays for WV, and "no thanks" is putting it nicely..dude has more personal issues/baggage than most diva players...

WelcomeBack
01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Man, Tavon Austin is so good haha. Only a junior though so might not declare.

WelcomeBack
01-05-2012, 12:03 AM
If we are looking at a wide receiver in a few years, it's going to be an interesting choice between Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee. Both of those kids are studs.

hooshoops
01-05-2012, 12:04 AM
watkins is more explosive...that guys looks like he's got jet engines on his back...but marquise lee is terrific also...both top 20 guys i'd say

WelcomeBack
01-05-2012, 12:06 AM
watkins is more explosive...that guys looks like he's got jet engines on his back...but marquise lee is terrific also...both top 20 guys i'd say

They really are.

Geno Smith is looking pretty nice, though.

WelcomeBack
01-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Tavon Austin please declare. Tavon Austin be a Dolphin.

Roman529
01-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Dana Holgerson calls the plays for WV, and "no thanks" is putting it nicely..dude has more personal issues/baggage than most diva players...

Yeah why go with a exciting coach and offense that can score, when we can continue running nitwit Tony Sparano type calls and then kick a field-goal.

hooshoops
01-05-2012, 12:55 AM
jeesh i finally caught up with the live feed on the dvr...i never saw this one coming...if i'm tavon austin i'm comin out cause i can't imagine this kid putting together a better game tape than he did today...no matter when he comes out though he'll be knocked for his size and i don't think anyone is gonna look at him as a route running wr at the next level...i think he's gonna be labeled a returner which he looks dynamite at to me and a package specific player...

that said i think best case he goes 4th round...

ckparrothead
01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
If Tavon Austin declares, he can play for me. Best player on the field tonight.

I see a lot of people down on Brandon Thompson, just like I saw a lot of people down on Quinton Coples. But listen, when your team around you are bad, and you're a defensive lineman, there's only so much you can do. You do your job, you mind your gaps, you penetrate and you rock people with your strengths, you take care of the ball carrier when he comes shooting for your gap...but I'm not sure what else you're supposed to do when the rest of your teammates aren't doing that. Andre Branch is severely overrated, the rest of the DLs and LBs are playing with almost zero gap control, and many of them are trying to do other players' jobs.

Bruce Irvin continues to be a conundrum to me, like Dontay Moch. I don't know what to do with this guy. He's such a bad run defender his own COLLEGE team has made him a part time player. And you can see why as he blows his gap on that Andre Ellington long TD run at the beginning of the game. Is he a 3-4 OLB? I don't think so. We're talking maybe an Antwan Barnes type situational guy, except he's really only got one move and then a lot of mobility to run around and chase the ball.

Tavon Austin is the real deal. Don't think he's coming out but man is he good. And Sammy Watkins already is very good but will be massively better in coming years.

There are some offensive linemen on that West Virginia team that I'm going to have to look at. Some of them have been playing extremely well. Redshirt freshman Quinton Spain...he's only rotating in and out but he's got a future, I'm telling ya. I'm going to have to get some tape and watch Don Barclay.

hooshoops
01-05-2012, 01:08 AM
the only thing about brandon thompson is some times i think he was too worried about shooting the gap and not paying attention to where the ball was...i think he's a nice prospect but i don't know if i think that guys a first round grade player...

and yeah ck branch is way overrated...i saw nothing as a pass rusher to get excited about

WelcomeBack
01-05-2012, 01:57 AM
I'd be ecstatic if Tavon Austin came out and could be had in the 4th. Quite frankly, the kid makes plays and that would be enough to sell me on him. He's versatile and could be used in so many different ways. Him, along with Bush, would make for some serious matchup issues.

Bumpus
01-05-2012, 03:02 AM
Tavon Austin please declare. Tavon Austin be a Dolphin.

:lol: He did look great playing in that stadium, but everything being equal - I'd love to see him come back for one more year!

Let's GOOOOOOO...

MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

TedSlimmJr
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
If Tavon Austin declares, he can play for me. Best player on the field tonight.

I see a lot of people down on Brandon Thompson, just like I saw a lot of people down on Quinton Coples. But listen, when your team around you are bad, and you're a defensive lineman, there's only so much you can do. You do your job, you mind your gaps, you penetrate and you rock people with your strengths, you take care of the ball carrier when he comes shooting for your gap...but I'm not sure what else you're supposed to do when the rest of your teammates aren't doing that. Andre Branch is severely overrated, the rest of the DLs and LBs are playing with almost zero gap control, and many of them are trying to do other players' jobs.

Bruce Irvin continues to be a conundrum to me, like Dontay Moch. I don't know what to do with this guy. He's such a bad run defender his own COLLEGE team has made him a part time player. And you can see why as he blows his gap on that Andre Ellington long TD run at the beginning of the game. Is he a 3-4 OLB? I don't think so. We're talking maybe an Antwan Barnes type situational guy, except he's really only got one move and then a lot of mobility to run around and chase the ball.

Tavon Austin is the real deal. Don't think he's coming out but man is he good. And Sammy Watkins already is very good but will be massively better in coming years.

There are some offensive linemen on that West Virginia team that I'm going to have to look at. Some of them have been playing extremely well. Redshirt freshman Quinton Spain...he's only rotating in and out but he's got a future, I'm telling ya. I'm going to have to get some tape and watch Don Barclay.

You make a great point about defensive lineman. Just because you're not racking up sack numbers doesn't mean you're not doing your job.... which is what a defensive lineman is supposed to do.

I look back at the Georgia Tech game for Coples where I thought he received some undeserved criticism. GT cut blocks like there's no tomorrow and it frustrated Coples. It frustrates every defensive lineman. Nobody likes to be cut blocked on every play. Coples still did his job despite the cut blocks, and battled every play.

Dealing with cut blocks is an even bigger adjustment for kids at the college level because you can't cut block outside the tackle box in high school football.

Alameda Ta'amu did his job on every single play against Baylor, but Briles offense and gameplan didn't allow Ta'amu to have much an effect on the game. Ganaway would've have several more big runs on the dive than he did if not for Ta'amu beating the double team blocks. The biggest runs occured when the C-gap was exploited due to pinning the DE inside and the LB blowing his responsibility on the exchange.

TedSlimmJr
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
jeesh i finally caught up with the live feed on the dvr...i never saw this one coming...if i'm tavon austin i'm comin out cause i can't imagine this kid putting together a better game tape than he did today...no matter when he comes out though he'll be knocked for his size and i don't think anyone is gonna look at him as a route running wr at the next level...i think he's gonna be labeled a returner which he looks dynamite at to me and a package specific player...

that said i think best case he goes 4th round...

Tavon Austin is a pretty dynamic playmaker with elite agility and speed. Obviously he's only going to be a return specialist and slot receiver in the NFL, but there's room on every roster for kids like this. You can tell he's a former high school running back because of the pad level and balance he runs with when the ball is in his hands on jet sweeps and rocket plays.

He reminds me of Jermaine Lewis when he was a pro-bowler for the Baltimore Ravens in the late 90's.... except Lewis may have been even smaller.

Tavon Austin's talent caught my eye last year when he was a sophomore, and made note of him back in July in my underrated underclassman thread. He'll probably go in the 95-125 range overall (late 3rd/early 4th round) if he were to come out.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?300765-Slimm-s-2012-Underrated-Junior-Prospects-(including-draft-eligible-underclassmen)/page2

WelcomeBack
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Tavon Austin is a pretty dynamic playmaker with elite agility and speed. Obviously he's only going to be a return specialist and slot receiver in the NFL, but there's room on every roster for kids like this. You can tell he's a former high school running back because of the pad level and balance he runs with when the ball is in his hands on jet sweeps and rocket plays.

He reminds me of Jermaine Lewis when he was a pro-bowler for the Baltimore Ravens in the late 90's.... except Lewis may have been even smaller.

Tavon Austin's talent caught my eye last year when he was a sophomore, and made note of him back in July in my underrated underclassman thread. He'll probably go in the 95-125 range overall (late 3rd/early 4th round) if he were to come out.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?300765-Slimm-s-2012-Underrated-Junior-Prospects-(including-draft-eligible-underclassmen)/page2 (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?300765-Slimm-s-2012-Underrated-Junior-Prospects-%28including-draft-eligible-underclassmen%29/page2)

I would take Austin in the 3rd/4th any day. He's lightning quick and that would be something any team would love to have. Utilizing his talents would be amazing with the right head coach.

TedSlimmJr
01-06-2012, 10:29 PM
All I know is Joe Adams would be in a Dolphin uniform come April if it was up to me.

PJack
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
All I know is Joe Adams would be in a Dolphin uniform come April if it was up to me.

I love Adams. Absolute lighting in a bottle. Change of direction is incredible. Makes guys wiff when they are 12 inches in front of him. I see 3/4 returns a year from him without a doubt.

ChambersWI
01-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Tyler Wilson has a big decision to make after tonight. He comes out, he'll make A LOT of money

hooshoops
01-07-2012, 01:55 AM
count me as a fan of tyler wilson...some definite talent there...i thought he missed a few things with bad ball placement one of which the deep outside back inside post route to adams if he throws that ball out in front of adams at an angle to middle the of the field that's 6 points the safety willnever get a hand on it instead its too far outside allowing the safety to recover and make a play...and i didn't like the miss in the tight red off pa where he had an easy 6 and threw the ball too high making the guy have to leap for the ball and come down out of bounds...you got to stick that easy throw...but then on the very next play he threw a stick throw over a zone drop lb arthur brown moving laterally reading wilsons eyes with textbook like form just over browns outstretched arms for 6...

wilson also manipulates the defense with his eyes and head...can't count how many times he was looking one way for a click and then came back to the other side...he's not a one read qb...saw some nfl throws also i know that...some nice looking stuff...if he came out i'd be looking hard at him with my 2nd round pick i know that if he got there...

speaking of arthur brown count me as a fan...that guys very fluid can open his hips nicely...has pretty much textbook laterally agility and knee bend...only thing with him is his height...looks a little short...he's an impact run defender with shoot the gap instincts and great in pursuit...i'm callin it right now he's gonna look great in cod and open the hips lb drills at the combine...if i was a 43 defense i'd be on that kid...looks like a potential steal to me...i'm not concerned about him getting beat on that 50 yard td...no way that guy should be covering that fast a wr that far down the field anyways...arkansas caught k state in a bad d and took advantage...

not a win wr on that field for k state...that qb was gonna have to win it all by himself cause the wrs couldn't do anything unless it was zone...which when arkansas went to they did k state a favor

LouPhinFan
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
count me as a fan of tyler wilson...some definite talent there...i thought he missed a few things with bad ball placement one of which the deep outside back inside post route to adams if he throws that ball out in front of adams at an angle to middle the of the field that's 6 points the safety willnever get a hand on it instead its too far outside allowing the safety to recover and make a play...and i didn't like the miss in the tight red off pa where he had an easy 6 and threw the ball too high making the guy have to leap for the ball and come down out of bounds...you got to stick that easy throw...but then on the very next play he threw a stick throw over a zone drop lb arthur brown moving laterally reading wilsons eyes with textbook like form just over browns outstretched arms for 6...

wilson also manipulates the defense with his eyes and head...can't count how many times he was looking one way for a click and then came back to the other side...he's not a one read qb...saw some nfl throws also i know that...some nice looking stuff...if he came out i'd be looking hard at him with my 2nd round pick i know that if he got there...

speaking of arthur brown count me as a fan...that guys very fluid can open his hips nicely...has pretty much textbook laterally agility and knee bend...only thing with him is his height...looks a little short...he's an impact run defender with shoot the gap instincts and great in pursuit...i'm callin it right now he's gonna look great in cod and open the hips lb drills at the combine...if i was a 43 defense i'd be on that kid...looks like a potential steal to me...i'm not concerned about him getting beat on that 50 yard td...no way that guy should be covering that fast a wr that far down the field anyways...arkansas caught k state in a bad d and took advantage...

not a win wr on that field for k state...that qb was gonna have to win it all by himself cause the wrs couldn't do anything unless it was zone...which when arkansas went to they did k state a favor

Wilson looked good in the game for the most part. He still made some WTF throws. In the first half that PA-roll-out-backside-throwing to the opposite side of the field-play that Petrino loves to call should have been a pick 6 for K State. Yikes I wonder what he saw there to make him decide to throw that football. But then he comes back and hits that deep throw on his first TD for a thing of beauty. I like his feet. To me he seemed to run exactly when he needed to, and he's just fast enough to make defenses have to worry about it.

What do we know about his head? Does he have the intangibles we're looking for? Assuming he's not a headcase and is a good team leader then I'd be all over the kid with our 2nd round pick.