PDA

View Full Version : May be True

Generic Name
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
PFT is running an article about how Blaine Gabbert played so poorly last night the Jags might take another top 10 QB just one year after selecting Gabbert. I watched the game and he has some bad habits like ducking into the rush and overall poor pocket awareness. I thought this speculation about them taking a qb was crap a few weeks ago but new owner might be inclined to hit the reset button here.

The Skins and their maniac owner have to be starved for a QB

I think the Browns hang with Colt McCoy and if they don't I'd be inclined to trade for him

Also think an ACTUAL sports agent will be smart enough to talk RGIII into the draft as he'll make a ton more being a pro QB before becoming an agent

Hayden Fox
12-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Gabbert is AWFUL.

If I were them, I would bring Gabbert back and get vet QB like a Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell to compete with him.

ChrisHanson
12-16-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't think Gabbert is awful. I think he's a rookie playing with practice squad receivers. I doubt the Jags draft a QB first round.

hooshoops
12-16-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't think Gabbert is awful. I think he's a rookie playing with practice squad receivers. I doubt the Jags draft a QB first round.

i don't know what games you've been watching...he's been dreadful...last night was disgusting...and that excuse about the wrs is old hat..jax should be in the qb market with their top pick...if they don't thats great for us but i wouldn't just count on them doing something else...

hooshoops
12-16-2011, 11:18 PM
and hell no on trading for colt mccoy...thats not getting us over the hump

Gonzo
12-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think Gabbert is awful. I think he's a rookie playing with practice squad receivers. I doubt the Jags draft a QB first round.Sorry man, but a lot those throws were godawful. It wouldn't matter who he was throwing to. The only QB play that I have seen this year that has been worse was Palko. I haven't seen a QB react as badly to pressure as Gabbert in a long time.

TedSlimmJr
12-16-2011, 11:54 PM
The receivers aren't the problem. You can clearly see Jarrett Dillard coming open across the middle here on the play where Gabbert freaked out, took a sack and fumbled. Instead of getting the ball out, he's staring at John Abraham... scared sh*tless...

Austin Tatious
12-17-2011, 12:29 AM
His eye level is as bad as I can remember. I don't remember that popping up in his college film.

TedSlimmJr
12-17-2011, 12:40 AM
His eye level is as bad as I can remember. I don't remember that popping up in his college film.

He could break the pocket and outrun Big-12 defensive lines to the sideline, he's learning he can't do that in the NFL. His pocket presence was abysmal in college. It was something that seriously turned me off to Gabbert.

There's a reason why the production simply wasn't there for Gabbert in an offense designed to pad his stats. It's the reason Gabbert didn't even make 1st or 2nd team on the All Big-12 squad.

There's a big difference between making rookie mistakes, and flat out not having the proper fundamentals needed to play the QB position in the NFL. Blaine Gabbert has many of the same flaws under pressure that John Beck has.

I'd be legitimately worried about the long term prognosis of my quarterback position if I was in the Jacksonville front office.

Myles Fynch
12-17-2011, 01:06 AM
TedSlimmJr's pic from above link.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8178&d=1324094077

AZStryker
12-17-2011, 01:30 AM
He could break the pocket and outrun Big-12 defensive lines to the sideline, he's learning he can't do that in the NFL. His pocket presence was abysmal in college. It was something that seriously turned me off to Gabbert.

There's a reason why the production simply wasn't there for Gabbert in an offense designed to pad his stats. It's the reason Gabbert didn't even make 1st or 2nd team on the All Big-12 squad.

There's a big difference between making rookie mistakes, and flat out not having the proper fundamentals needed to play the QB position in the NFL. Blaine Gabbert has many of the same flaws under pressure that John Beck has.

I'd be legitimately worried about the long term prognosis of my quarterback position if I was in the Jacksonville front office.

Not to be rude, but didn't you have him rated at the top of your QB list last April???  I know someone did but I just couldn't remember who.

J. David Wannyheimer
12-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Gabbert is awful but let's take some comfort in the fact that Jacksonville is run by a bunch of incompetent buffoons in the front office.

ChrisHanson
12-17-2011, 02:02 AM
i don't know what games you've been watching...he's been dreadful...last night was disgusting...and that excuse about the wrs is old hat..jax should be in the qb market with their top pick...if they don't thats great for us but i wouldn't just count on them doing something else...

I see that you conveniently left out him being a rookie. Trust me, I'm watching the same games that you are and he's not "dreadful". He's a rookie playing for a crap team.

TedSlimmJr
12-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Not to be rude, but didn't you have him rated at the top of your QB list last April??? I know someone did but I just couldn't remember who.

I had Gabbert as a 2nd round prospect, with the large majority of that grade based on his physical tools, athletic ability, and upside. I thought he was a 50/50 prospect in terms of being a potential bust vs. becoming a legitimate starting quarterback. With the 50% chance of him becoming a legitimate starting quarterback if he was allowed to sit and develope for a season behind a veteran.... which I think was probably the Jaguars plan when they took him.

There are dozens of threads in here about last year's QB class where I talked about my concerns with Gabbert's lack of pocket presence. I liked Jake Locker more than I did Gabbert.

You're probably thinking about Magoo, who was the biggest proponent of Gabbert that I know of.

jlfin
12-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Sorry man, but a lot those throws were godawful. It wouldn't matter who he was throwing to. The only QB play that I have seen this year that has been worse was Palko. I haven't seen a QB react as badly to pressure as Gabbert in a long time.

I think he is shell shocked at this point. As Springsteen (Born In The USA) said "end up like a dog that's been beat too much, so you spend half your life just a covering up". I wouldn't give up on him yet. He needs to sit on the bench for a yr or 2. They need to improve the O-line and WR's

MRojas4
12-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Some of you guys are too funny.

Kid gets thrown to the wolves as a rookie and people already call him a bust. SMH

Jax is terrible, there roster is terrible. They have a good 3-4 years of rebuilding ahead. Taking a QB is the least of their worries.

No O-Line, No Receivers, TE that can't catch.

JCane
12-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I feel badly for Blaine, but I hope the Jaguars do draft another QB. It just goes to show that SOME teams in this league understand just how important a franchise QB is.

Draft a QB. Miss. Draft another. Miss. Draft another.

Generic Name
12-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Agreed, he's been god awful. He cringes when the rush comes in

hooshoops
12-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I see that you conveniently left out him being a rookie. Trust me, I'm watching the same games that you are and he's not "dreadful". He's a rookie playing for a crap team.

well then frankly you have no idea what you're looking at...if you watch him and think all his problems are the fact that he has a poor oline and poor wrs to work with which i fully acknowledge and the fact that he's a rookie your missing the boat...

greasyObnoxious
12-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Some of you guys are too funny.

Kid gets thrown to the wolves as a rookie and people already call him a bust. SMH

Jax is terrible, there roster is terrible. They have a good 3-4 years of rebuilding ahead. Taking a QB is the least of their worries.

No O-Line, No Receivers, TE that can't catch.

nobody would be calling him a bust if all he did was commit rookie mistakes. the guy is flat-out afraid to play the position. period

mi2cents
12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
It seems that he is TOTALLY afraid of Contact....all his actions spell w-u-s-s

ChrisHanson
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM
well then frankly you have no idea what you're looking at...if you watch him and think all his problems are the fact that he has a poor oline and poor wrs to work with which i fully acknowledge and the fact that he's a rookie your missing the boat...

Sooooo...you don't think having a crap o-line, crap WR's and being a rookie would be the MAIN cause(s) of him playing badly? I'm glad I'm not on the same boat (Titanic?) that you're on.

It's funny to me that whenever a QB isn't a P. Manning or Dan Marino they suck to some people. It's amazing that people here, who aren't giving their insight to any NFL teams, can determine "bust" or "sensation" in about 12 games. :chuckle:

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Sooooo...you don't think having a crap o-line, crap WR's and being a rookie would be the MAIN cause(s) of him playing badly? I'm glad I'm not on the same boat (Titanic?) that you're on.

It's funny to me that whenever a QB isn't a P. Manning or Dan Marino they suck to some people. It's amazing that people here, who aren't giving their insight to any NFL teams, can determine "bust" or "sensation" in about 12 games. :chuckle:

2 years he's out of the league...mark my words...

mfish41
12-20-2011, 12:53 AM
they brought the gm back, if he were to draft another qb he would have some explaining to do. if it were jeff ireland he would sell out sparano and then end the press conference because he was late to hold Stephen Ross's pocket.

ChrisHanson
12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
2 years he's out of the league...mark my words...

Do you also have this week's lottery numbers? Because, well, you know I'd rather you use your psychic abilities on winning me the lottery.

Also, have you informed the Jags of this? I mean, with your ability to see things that no one on the Jags staff saw, in as little as 13 games mind you, you should send in your curriculum vitae and interview for the I'm sure soon to be opening in the Jags front office.

Yes, sarcasm is fun. I like debates and opinions, but don't act as if you're some pro scout and try to tell me to see things differently than I see them. If you think Gabbert will be out of the league in 2 years, fine, but don't proclaim to KNOW. Hell, just like your sig..."Luck or Barkley...everything else fails..." That's just stupid. Gabbert may be out of the league in 2 years. However, I'll wait for more than 13 games to give my OPINION as to what I think. As of right now he's a rookie, has a crap line and crap WR's. Tom Brady would play poorly on that team.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Do you also have this week's lottery numbers? Because, well, you know I'd rather you use your psychic abilities on winning me the lottery.

Also, have you informed the Jags of this? I mean, with your ability to see things that no one on the Jags staff saw, in as little as 13 games mind you, you should send in your curriculum vitae and interview for the I'm sure soon to be opening in the Jags front office.

Yes, sarcasm is fun. I like debates and opinions, but don't act as if you're some pro scout and try to tell me to see things differently than I see them. If you think Gabbert will be out of the league in 2 years, fine, but don't proclaim to KNOW. Hell, just like your sig..."Luck or Barkley...everything else fails..." That's just stupid. Gabbert may be out of the league in 2 years. However, I'll wait for more than 13 games to give my OPINION as to what I think. As of right now he's a rookie, has a crap line and crap WR's. Tom Brady would play poorly on that team.

2 years out of the league...by the end of his 3rd year an nfl afterthought...i don't care if you can SEE it or not...there are major issues there that are a part of this kid...that come with the package...it will have to hit you in the head like a hammer for you to realize it

as for any of my other takes you don't like em i don't give a ****

Tunaphish429
12-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Gabbert has not been good at all..But he still has big time potential..I think the Jags will give him another shot...You gotta think they will bring in someone that knows how to groom a qb.

ChrisHanson
12-20-2011, 11:44 AM
2 years out of the league...by the end of his 3rd year an nfl afterthought...i don't care if you can SEE it or not...there are major issues there that are a part of this kid...that come with the package...it will have to hit you in the head like a hammer for you to realize it

as for any of my other takes you don't like em i don't give a ****

Well, with all of the facts you present and what with the wording of your post I think I see the light now. Gabbert must suck because, well, because you say so. :chuckle:

Anyhow, it won't take a hammer, it will, however, take more than 13 games played with a crap O-Line and DIII level WR's for me to proclaim that Gabbert is good or horrible.

Again though, with your keen insight and knack of being able to proclaim bust or star after 13 games you really should turn in that CV. The NFL NEEDS you man...it needs you!

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Well, with all of the facts you present and what with the wording of your post I think I see the light now. Gabbert must suck because, well, because you say so. :chuckle:

Anyhow, it won't take a hammer, it will, however, take more than 13 games played with a crap O-Line and DIII level WR's for me to proclaim that Gabbert is good or horrible.

Again though, with your keen insight and knack of being able to proclaim bust or star after 13 games you really should turn in that CV. The NFL NEEDS you man...it needs you!

i could absolutely do the job...no doubt in my mind...and i wouldn't sit on the fence so i could never be wrong like so many of you...

how bout you take a stand and tell me gun to your head 2 years from now where gabbert is at nfl wise...from what you've seen...since you think you know so much...drop it on me...i'll go head to head with you on any player you want...any prospect...and we'll see who comes out on top

ChrisHanson
12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
i could absolutely do the job...no doubt in my mind...and i wouldn't sit on the fence so i could never be wrong like so many of you...

how bout you take a stand and tell me gun to your head 2 years from now where gabbert is at nfl wise...from what you've seen...since you think you know so much...drop it on me...i'll go head to head with you on any player you want...any prospect...and we'll see who comes out on top

This is comedy gold!!!!^^^^

So you absolutely KNOW you could be an NFL scout/evaluator? There are too many hilarious things I could respond back with, but I'll just keep it simple.

I don't sit on the fence. I do however, need more than 13 games to proclaim with any certainty bust or star. Your black and white diatribe is nothing more than playing a game of chance. And even your game of chance is weak because it's 50/50. It's not like you're going out on some 10 to 1 limb...it's 50/50...bust or not bust. If I had a gun to my head (is that why you're jumping to conclussions about Gabbert? Someone holding a gun to your head? Do you need me to call 911? Are your captures reading this? Oday ouyay eednay elphay? Alktay inway odecay andway elltay emay erewhay ouyay eednay ethay opscay entsay!http://www.snowcrest.net/donnelly/piglatin.html <pig latin translator in case you need it.... hahahaha) If I had a gun to my head I'd guess that Gabbert will do OK and possibly, if he ends up with more help, be a decent QB in this league. He's no Manning or Rodgers so he needs help. And just because he needs help doesn't mean he sucks. Again, even a QB like Brady on this Jag's team wouldn't look like a super star. Brady needs time in the pocket and he needs WR's to get open in that time. Gabbert has neither time nor open WR's. FACT!

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
thats what i thought...all bark no damn bite...stop wasting my damn time...

ChrisHanson
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
thats what i thought...all bark no damn bite...stop wasting my damn time...

I answered your question, dolt. Even though it's a crap question I thought I'd humor you. ;)

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:45 PM
you answered my question with "do ok and with help maybe a decent qb in this league"...thats what i call the definition of beating around the bush...

like i said waste someone elses time