Heinegrabber
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
QB in the first. What do we do with our second pick? :ponder:

Phinatic8u
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Olb.

The Ghost
12-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Bst available OL, WR, or OLB. Maybe TE if Dwayne Allen proves worthy but fasano and Clay could be a good tandem.

mrbunglez
12-19-2011, 06:28 PM
We won't have a 2nd pick when we trade up for our franchise QB...

Heinegrabber
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
We won't have a 2nd pick when we trade up for our franchise QB...

Didn't say second round said second pick.

mrbunglez
12-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Didn't say second round said second pick.

Ahhhh ok my bad, carry on then... I say Safety, TE, or RT, not necessarily in that order.

CalDolFan10x14
12-19-2011, 06:37 PM
You assume we'll read your thread, with an avatar like that. :D

retarmyfinfan
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
What was the question? I keep looking at that picture.

BlueCelicaTRD
12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I say OLB

SF Dolphin Fan
12-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Coby Fleener.

JCane
12-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Coby Fleener.

Yeap.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:31 AM
i don't understand the free safety talk...i don't see it...we have much bigger needs than free safety...and this d has still been playin high end ball of late with reshad jones the starting free...like i told you guys earlier the safety play hasn;t been the difference for this d of late...the damn dline and lb play specifically ilb play has been...kevin burnett has been ballin and dansbys back to prior form and odrick is really coming on...that kid next year might have to be the defensive pick to click...

TedSlimmJr
12-20-2011, 12:41 AM
i don't understand the free safety talk...i don't see it...we have much bigger needs than free safety...and this d has still been playin high end ball of late with reshad jones the starting free...like i told you guys earlier the safety play hasn;t been the difference for this d of late...the damn dline and lb play specifically ilb play has been...kevin burnett has been ballin and dansbys back to prior form and odrick is really coming on...that kid next year might have to be the defensive pick to click...

You need to get a big board up with your top 15 or so prospects. Doesn't necessarily have to be Miami specific, just a talent for talent big board.

BobDole
12-20-2011, 12:46 AM
You need to get a big board up with your top 15 or so prospects. Doesn't necessarily have to be Miami specific, just a talent for talent big board.

start a thread in the draft forum. i'm game for that. do 15 overall talents and then by position. love that ****.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 12:50 AM

a little early for me but i'm game...don't think there'd be a safety on it i can tell ya that...but slimm freakin jpp yesterday 16 damn tackles and a sack....16 tackles for a 43 end...are you ****tin me???

TedSlimmJr
12-20-2011, 12:55 AM
a little early for me but i'm game...don't think there'd be a safety on it i can tell ya that...but slimm freakin jpp yesterday 16 damn tackles and a sack....16 tackles for a 43 end...are you ****tin me???

Start a thread. I want to see your top 15 big board, even if it's fluid. Dole, get in there and put yours up too.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Start a thread. I want to see your top 15 big board, even if it's fluid. Dole, get in there and put yours up too.

sounds like you got 15 names on the tip of your tongue...let er rip...and you know me well enough to know that if i take issue i will let you know...lmao

TedSlimmJr
12-20-2011, 01:14 AM
sounds like you got 15 names on the tip of your tongue...let er rip...and you know me well enough to know that if i take issue i will let you know...lmao

Well mine would probably be a little different than most anybody's. I don't have Kalil or RG3 in my top 10 overall. Kalil comes in at #13 on mine.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Well mine would probably be a little different than most anybody's. I don't have Kalil or RG3 in my top 10 overall. Kalil comes in at #13 on mine.

i don't have a problem with that...although i think kalil is the top left tackle prospect in the draft...rg3 has some rare physical talents that likely will get him drafted very high though...that and the new rookie cap will raise his stock imo...

TedSlimmJr
12-20-2011, 01:44 AM
i don't have a problem with that...although i think kalil is the top left tackle prospect in the draft...rg3 has some rare physical talents that likely will get him drafted very high though...that and the new rookie cap will raise his stock imo...

Yeah, I think Kalil may come off the board in the top 10, simply because of the position he plays...and he's the most well rounded tackle in the draft. Although I do think Reiff is a better pure pass protector, but not quite as developed in the run game.

I just have a higher grade on 12 other players at their position. I have 12 players that play their position better than Kalil plays his in my opinion. I was higher on Tyron Smith than I am Kalil. I mean I can fight it all I want, but it's just how I see it no matter what.

As far as RG3 goes, I don't root against him at all. You can't wish for a kid like that to fail. I couldn't be happier for him if he goes on to make pro-bowls. That deep throw is money. I just have severe reservations about a lot of things when it comes to Robert III.

ckparrothead
12-20-2011, 03:12 AM
I think I've pretty much alluded to mine a lot already. Some of this is tinged with Miami's needs. I'm not one that believes in pure vertical stacking and "BPA! BPA! BPA4EVER!" drafting.

Andrew Luck
Matt Barkley
Quinton Coples
Justin Blackmon
Morris Claiborne
Courtney Upshaw
Trent Richardson
David DeCastro
Brandon Thompson
Brandon Jenkins
Michael Floyd
Matt Kalil
Luke Kuechly
Alfonzo Dennard
Dontari Poe

Matt Kalil being low is not so much a matter of not liking him, as it is a simple recognition that a lot of what we were forced to assume about offensive tackle grading in the 1st round of the NFL Draft was due to the LACK of rookie wage scale and the ridiculous amounts of money you had to pay these guys if you were drafting in the top 10. We've been conditioned to take the top tackle and place him in the top 10 because it used to be a safer investment for teams that had no appetite for the financial risk. If the guy can't play left tackle you can always play him at right tackle and unless he's a total slappy he's going to give you some return on your HEFTY monetary investment.

But now the rookie wage scale takes that artificial inflation away. I'm free to rate a David DeCastro above a Matt Kalil simply because David DeCastro is a higher impact football player.

greasyObnoxious
12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Andrew Luck
Matt Barkley
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon
Trent Richardson
Quinton Coples
Michael Floyd
Courtney Upshaw
Vontaze Burfict
Alshon Jeffery
Matt Kalil
Brandon Thompson
David DeCastro
Brandon Weeden
Luke Kuechly

for what it's worth

MRojas4
12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
BPA Basically.

Hopefully OLB

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 10:58 AM
i don't see how any top 15 pure talent list cannot have vontaze burflict on it...that kids terrific talent...

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 11:09 AM
and if there's an athletic freak edge player like a jpp or a aldon smith in this draft i am very interested...if coples is truly that much of a freak talent sign me up...i'll take the chance

datruth55
12-20-2011, 11:42 AM
and if there's an athletic freak edge player like a jpp or a aldon smith in this draft i am very interested...if coples is truly that much of a freak talent sign me up...i'll take the chance
Boy Aldon Smith put on a clinic last night. 13 sacks already as a rookie...very impressive. Von Miller can be added to the list of JPP and Aldon Smith.

nando03
12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
RT please!

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Andrew Luck
Matt Barkley
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon
Trent Richardson
Quinton Coples
Michael Floyd
Courtney Upshaw
Vontaze Burfict
Alshon Jeffery
Matt Kalil
Brandon Thompson
David DeCastro
Brandon Weeden
Luke Kuechly

for what it's worth

i like your list...although i would take weeden out of it...and i'm on the fence with brandon thompson alshon jeffery

i'd maybe add janoris jenkins from a pure talent stand point to the list

Tunaphish429
12-20-2011, 01:08 PM
OLB then Saftey, then Te.

ckparrothead
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't know if I see an Aldon Smith but I see sort of a Jason Pierre-Paul in Quinton Coples. Aldon Smith was a different type of player, unbelievable violence in his hands.

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 01:18 PM
smith was more polished than jpp...but i don't think smith covers the same ground as jpp...but i'm done thinking a guy that physically gifted is "too raw"...i'm gonna side with the pure talent and upside in the future...thats how you end up with those kind of difference makers...by taking a chance

jim1
12-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Boy Aldon Smith put on a clinic last night. 13 sacks already as a rookie...very impressive. Von Miller can be added to the list of JPP and Aldon Smith.

Aldon Smith has a tremendous first step, great speed and quickness off the edge.

firemanx
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
i say we go OLB and grab possibly BRUCE IRVIN or COurtney Upshaw

greasyObnoxious
12-20-2011, 10:18 PM
i like your list...although i would take weeden out of it...and i'm on the fence with brandon thompson alshon jefferyi'd maybe add janoris jenkins from a pure talent stand point to the list Good call on janoris jenkins

hooshoops
12-20-2011, 10:48 PM
I think I've pretty much alluded to mine a lot already. Some of this is tinged with Miami's needs. I'm not one that believes in pure vertical stacking and "BPA! BPA! BPA4EVER!" drafting.

Andrew Luck
Matt Barkley
Quinton Coples
Justin Blackmon
Morris Claiborne
Courtney Upshaw
Trent Richardson
David DeCastro
Brandon Thompson
Brandon Jenkins
Michael Floyd
Matt Kalil
Luke Kuechly
Alfonzo Dennard
Dontari Poe

Matt Kalil being low is not so much a matter of not liking him, as it is a simple recognition that a lot of what we were forced to assume about offensive tackle grading in the 1st round of the NFL Draft was due to the LACK of rookie wage scale and the ridiculous amounts of money you had to pay these guys if you were drafting in the top 10. We've been conditioned to take the top tackle and place him in the top 10 because it used to be a safer investment for teams that had no appetite for the financial risk. If the guy can't play left tackle you can always play him at right tackle and unless he's a total slappy he's going to give you some return on your HEFTY monetary investment.

But now the rookie wage scale takes that artificial inflation away. I'm free to rate a David DeCastro above a Matt Kalil simply because David DeCastro is a higher impact football player.

bingo...