PDA

View Full Version : My First Mock of the Season

SF Dolphin Fan
12-21-2011, 12:30 AM
First off, let me say that if I'm the Dolphins GM I do everything in my power to trade up for Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley. Five years from now, no one will remember what you gave up because those two will be so great it won't matter. But, with Miami moving down the draft's pecking order it's going to be hard to leapfrog teams. So option number two for me is trading down and getting more picks. Anyway, here it goes. Let me know what you think.

Round 1 -- Michael Floyd WR --- I think Miami could trade down 5-7 spots maybe and get Floyd, a guy who has been compared to Larry Fitzgerald and could develop into a true number one receiver. Floyd would also give the Dolphins another redzone target and would force teams to single cover Brandon Marshall. Also, if I'm GM I'm hedging my bets against a possible Marshall meltdown of some sort. Take Marshall away and the Dolphins wide receiver core is a major area of need.

Round 2 -- Coby Fleener TE-- One of my favorite players in this draft and a guy that I think has an outside shot at the first round. At 6-6 with excellent/reliable hands, Fleener is the ultimate redzone target. Put him with Marshall and Floyd and the Dolphins become very hard to defense.

Round 2 -- Brandon Weeden QB -- If the Dolphins miss on Luck and Barkley, the next qb on my list is Ryan Tannehill. After that it's Weeden and I think he would be an absolute steal in the middle of round 2. I'm adding this pick in the first round trade down.

Round 3 -- Levy Adcock OT -- The RT Miami so desperately needs. Not sure he makes it to the third round, but a trade up option could be possible.

Round 4 -- Jeff Demps RB -- With Reggie Bush aboard this seems like an odd selection. However, Bush is signed for just one more year and has been injury prone. Demps is similar to Bush in many ways, a big play threat everytime he touches the ball. Also an excellent kick returner.

Round 5 -- Best Pass Rusher Available --

Round 6 -- Best Corner Available (Porter who CK likes?)

Round 7 -- Kellen Moore QB -- I don't think Miami takes two quarterbacks, but Moore is intriguing. Chad Henne will be gone. Matt Moore and Brandon Weeden will battle it out for the starting spot. Kellen Moore could battle Pat Devlin for the third quarterback spot. Kellen is short, listed at 5-11, and doesn't have a strong arm. But he is so accurate, makes great decisions and actually throws a nice deep ball. Not saying he is the second coming of Drew Brees, but at this point in the draft why not take a chance?

endorPHINS72
12-21-2011, 12:35 AM
If we can't get one of the top three QBs in round 1, Michael Floyd would be one hell of a consolation prize. Physically and from a playmaking perspective, he does remind me of Larry Fitzgerald.

Enviroman08
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Ryan Tannehill...if we can not get RGIII or Barkley with or without trad-ups...I rally like Tannehills ceiling....he might take a little time so that is what Matt Moore is for....I am on the RG III bandwagon most of all!:hump:

datruth55
12-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Physically Floyd may remind people of Fitzgerald but mentally they are far apart. I don't know if you want to personalities like Floyd and Marshall on the same team, at the same position. Seems to have trouble written all over it to me.

I wouldn't draft Demps either. Don't see value there and I don't think he'd hold up in the NFL.

As for Kellen Moore, meh. He has the intangibles but physically I just don't see it. If we were to take a late round QB for developmental reasons I wouldn't mind someone like Austin Davis from Southern Miss.

dr.jake
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
as always totally against any kind of trade up. frankly we piss away draft picks like...our 14th draft beer. i say BPA round #1 regardless of need becuz frankly we're not that stellar anywhere. but if you're looking at wrs i like rutgers sanu second round.

ry-dbar
12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice draft. I would be pretty happy if it went down like that.

rainmaker1313
12-22-2011, 03:23 AM
I wouldnt mind those top 3. If we could get Weeden that low, I would be for it.
I feel if we added someone opposite of Brandon whos a threat, got a real TE and used them properly. Tweaked our Defense some for improvement, and added to our OL line, we could win 12 games easy!!!

We are truly a 9 game win team this year. Coaching screwed us and we lost at least 2-3 games we had no business losing!

silverfin
12-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I like it. Although I think Fasano deserves the chance to stick around in some capacity Coby Fleener is a guy I think will prove to be an absolute steal in a few years time. Kinda reminds me of R.Gronkowski when he was in college

DolphinFan87
12-22-2011, 04:51 PM
can someone explain to me why people want Brandon Weeden? At age 28, thats a little too old. I dont like the idea of having another John Beck.

SF Dolphin Fan
12-24-2011, 01:46 PM
can someone explain to me why people want Brandon Weeden? At age 28, thats a little too old. I dont like the idea of having another John Beck.I think the big difference is that Weeden would be considered a top 10 pick if he was 22 years old. The same could not have been said about Beck.