PDA

View Full Version : Speculative Talk on Mike and Mike

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
These clowns on the radio are actually having an interesting conversation on what might happen if the Colts do not end up with then number one pick. If the Vikings and Rams (especially) end up with the pick, they might be willing to deal the pick for a ransom. Adam Schefter speculated that a team would deal the pick for the following:

Potential Deal I
3 1st Rounders/2 2nd Rounders

OR
Potential Deal II
4 1st Rounders

Here we go Fin Fans and calling all SFLers...would you make one of these deals for Andrew Luck.

Discuss...

JCane
12-21-2011, 09:18 AM
They can have my first born as well.

OrlandoFin
12-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Not for that much, no way no how...

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I have to say I would strongly consider deal number one from above. In my mind, I am essentially giving up four players for Luck. 10-15 year starter and face of the franchise...perhaps I do.

The team would have to be very effective in free agency for a few years.

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 09:22 AM
My package would be my entire draft this year and 2013 next years #1 and #2.

I wonder if a team would want a more immediate return.

MRojas4
12-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Holy Crap.

That price is waaaaay to steep for a QB hyped beyond belief. I'd rather trade up to the #4-5 slot for Barkley or RGIII

4 1st Rounders??!!

Your basically waging a decade of your team for 1 player.

NorFlaFin
12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I would give for Luck our 1st + Big Jake + Paul Solai.
The Colts need help on the offensive and defensive lines in the worst way.

Tunaphish429
12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
You can keep the pick..Not giving up that much.

SMadison29
12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I think it is very possible & something that even the Colts should think about. They could definitely get three 1st rounders & a 2nd rounder & the potential trade partner may be the Browns. They have two first this year, one probably in the top 5 definitely top 10.

As for the Colts, they have a lot of key free agents. Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalex, Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, Robert Mathis, Phillip Wheeler, & they're top two back-up DEs. Number two, they're OLD. Next year Mathis will be 31, Freeney & Brackett 32, Wayne, Dallas Clark, & Diem will be 33, Peyton 36, & Saturday 37. IMO if the Browns offer their two 1st & 2nd this year & a 1st next year jump all over. Currently those picks would be 5, 24, & 36 to go along with their own 2nd rounder, pick 33. We're talking QB Matt Barkley then which ever flavor of TE Dwayne Allen or WR Kendall Wright, Nick Toon, or Mohamed Sanu they prefer & two key pieces on defense either along the dline or CB. Polian would be a fool.

SMadison29
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
I would give for Luck our 1st + Big Jake + Paul Solai.
The Colts need help on the offensive and defensive lines in the worst way.

Soliai is an UFA & didn't play up to the franchise tag he carried this year.

ChrisHanson
12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't see any team willing to give up more than 2 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder and maybe another late round pick (3 or 4) in the next two drafts. Waging your entire draft for an unproven player is just crazy. And since Al Davis is dead I don't think there are any owners/GM's crazy enough to give what was asked in the OP.

If Manning is healthy I don't see them drafting Luck. I see them trading down, picking up something like I wrote above and plugging the holes they have in order to make another run at the Super Bowl immediately. Getting rid of a (healthy) Manning and drafting Luck will do nothing for that team. They will suck for many years to come. Why? Because even though Luck looks like a great prospect, he won't be able to come in and do with that team what Manning has been able to do... at least not yet.

JCane
12-21-2011, 09:59 AM
With the new rookie scales it's not nearly as much as it appears to be at first glance.

Even if we took that deal and Luck flopped on his face in Ryan Leaf-like fashion you could recover in just a few seasons.

I say it's worth it. I'm sick of waiting and taking flyers on average college quarterbacks in the later rounds. Cement your future.

ChrisHanson
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM
With the new rookie scales it's not nearly as much as it appears to be at first glance.

Even if we took that deal and Luck flopped on his face in Ryan Leaf-like fashion you could recover in just a few seasons.

I say it's worth it. I'm sick of waiting and taking flyers on average college quarterbacks in the later rounds. Cement your future.

It's not just the money though. Losing that many picks for so long will hurt you even if Luck is the next Manning. It will kill you if Luck busts.

slosh13
12-21-2011, 10:02 AM
3 1st rounders!!! I would think about it!!! So it would be like having Luck and not having V.Davis,M Pouncey,and J.Odrick!!!!! Its something to think about?

greasyObnoxious
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
1st in '11, 1st in '12, Jake Long and Vontae Davis. that's 4 first-rounders

slosh13
12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
1st in '11, 1st in '12, Jake Long and Vontae Davis. that's 4 first-rounders They might not want Jakes contract!

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I keep hearing the Fins "just need a qb"...well, go get your qb.

The Colts are taking Luck. We need the Rams to have the first pick...

I still think the Colts will end up with the pick.

Keeno1
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Is the cost of doing this worth it compared to paying less for Barkley? If Luck is that much better than him, I say do it. Tired of the QB issues. This could set up the Phins at QB for a very long time and it seems like a small price when you consider the potential return to the franchise.

Keeno1
12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
By the way, I want to give up picks and not players. They have to keep folks like Pouncey, Davis, Long, etc. IMO.

ChrisHanson
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
1st in '11, 1st in '12, Jake Long and Vontae Davis. that's 4 first-rounders

With all due respect, this is just crazy. We know that Long (when healthy) is a top 2 LT. Davis is a really good CB who is only getting better. You don't give up very good to elite players, plus 2 1st rounders for an unknown. I like Luck, but no one knows how good he will be at this time. He could be the next Manning but he could also bust.

SMadison29
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
By the way, I want to give up picks and not players. They have to keep folks like Pouncey, Davis, Long, etc. IMO.

I agree, trading our best young players is crazy.

MO Dolphan
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Just think how poor this team, or any other team, will be at several positions if they give up that many high picks. Luck is one player, just like Marino was. Miami's defense and offense would go down hill because of older players(including free agents) and just as Luck is ready to dominate, the team around him will be lacking because of all the draft picks given up for him. It would be a killer to a franchise and Luck if a team gives up way too much for one player.

MRojas4
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, please. Lets trade away the future of the team for 1 player who might not pan out. I'm all for trading up but damn 4 1st rounders?

People yelling trade Jake and Vontae? Please, fill me in on who is protecting golden boys blind side for the next 10 years.....Colombo? Who's tracking teams #1 WR in a pass oriented leage? Sean Smith?

Ridiculous.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 11:18 AM
i remember arguing with certain posters at length about how the pick for andrew luck would go if traded for at least 3 1st rounders...and now it looks like THAT may not even be enough to get it done...

get ready to be wowed by the compensation in trade...

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I would essentially do either one of those deals, but I would look to substitute as many veterans as I could (guys like Marshall, Odrick, Misi, Vontae, even Jake Long if I had to) in lieu of those picks.

I think it's important to build AROUND your quarterback. For that you need draft picks. One of the reasons the Green Bay attack is so deadly is all of those guys were drafted by the Packers and have essentially 'grown up' in that offense with Favre and Rodgers. That's why I always disagree with those people that take the "cherry on top" approach with quarterbacks, as in they think it's important that you build up a really good team and then insert your quarterback so he can supposedly have immediate success. That can help sometimes, but I find more often that it's when you start to add guys around the QB that learn and grow with him that those QBs get more deadly.

So do I mind slashing down some of our veterans so that we can build an offense around Andrew Luck that suits his individual character and strengths? Absolutely not.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
parting with odrick would hurt...that kids becoming a damn player...

MRojas4
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
If were going to reach with 4 1st rounders, why not just offer that for a proven QB.

Phin-o-rama
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Look at our last 4 1st round choices...would you give up those players for Luck?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

greasyObnoxious
12-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Yes, please. Lets trade away the future of the team for 1 player who might not pan out. I'm all for trading up but damn 4 1st rounders?

People yelling trade Jake and Vontae? Please, fill me in on who is protecting golden boys blind side for the next 10 years.....Colombo? Who's tracking teams #1 WR in a pass oriented leage? Sean Smith?

Ridiculous.

i must have missed the memo that prohibits us from adding players to this team. sorry

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I cannot believe people around here are saying Luck "could be a bust". All I heard during the year was we should lose games to the likes of the Browns and Broncos so we could land him. With wins over those two lousy teams, we are in the playoff hunt right now....add in a win vs. the NYG or Dallas....damn.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
yeah you'd be in the playoff hunt alright...the if you did get in one and done

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
yeah you'd be in the playoff hunt alright...the if you did get in one and done

I cannot disagree with you more....I believe the Fins would beat either Houston with their rookie qb or Denver in the run-heavy approach in the first round. I think we match up well with either.

I am so frustrated that Fins were so bad this year in an awful AFC.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I cannot disagree with you more....I believe the Fins would beat either Houston with their rookie qb or Denver in the run-heavy approach in the first round. I think we match up well with either.

I am so frustrated that Fins were so bad this year in an awful AFC.

you might beat one of those teams might but you'd get rolled by baltimore or pittsburgh or new england the next week...rolled...

you guys really think you're winning in the postseason with matt moore...really...get out of here

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
you might beat one of those teams might but you'd get rolled by baltimore or pittsburgh or new england the next week...rolled...

you guys really think you're winning in the postseason with matt moore...really...get out of here

I would be really happy going to the playoffs. So would everyone here.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
I would be really happy going to the playoffs. So would everyone here.

i wanna win in the playoffs...**** just going

MiamiDolphin618
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
I would rather give up half the compensation and move up for Barkley...who I think is going to be a franchise QB and I like almost as much as Luck

MRojas4
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
i must have missed the memo that prohibits us from adding players to this team. sorry

Sorry, but players like Jake Long and Vontae dont come around every so often. Ontop of that how are we aquiring players of there caliber with 0 first rounders for 4 years.

Plenty of time for golden boy Luck to get killed ala' Tim Couch style.

Keeno1
12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I would rather give up half the compensation and move up for Barkley...who I think is going to be a franchise QB and I like almost as much as Luck

This is what I want to know. At what point is the cost too high? If you think Barkley is going to be a damn good pro, where do you draw the line on going for Luck?

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 01:14 PM
i wanna win in the playoffs...**** just going

It will take incremental steps to go where you want to go.

greasyObnoxious
12-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Sorry, but players like Jake Long and Vontae dont come around every so often. Ontop of that how are we aquiring players of there caliber with 0 first rounders for 4 years.

my offer was 2 first-rounders, Long and Davis. read the damn post

OrlandoFin
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Left Tackles have become over-valued in the NFL. The league isn't as much PA Pass and more spread the field and the QB getting the ball out quicker with YAC yards. I looked at in for another forum last week and of the 17 team in playoff contention only 7 of them had LT's that were drafted in the first round and only 2 were top 10 picks. Take a look at the tackles salaries in the link and you have to go all the way doing to the 8th highest paid tackle to find a team in the playoff hunt. Ok, SD and #2 McNeil have an outside chance.

I like Jake Long, but I am not sure he is worth the money he will demand not to mention in the last two seasons he has had shoulder and back issues which is not good for an offensive lineman.

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/tackle/

TedSlimmJr
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Left Tackles have become over-valued in the NFL. The league isn't as much PA Pass and more spread the field and the QB getting the ball out quicker with YAC yards. I looked at in for another forum last week and of the 17 team in playoff contention only 7 of them had LT's that were drafted in the first round and only 2 were top 10 picks. Take a look at the tackles salaries in the link and you have to go all the way doing to the 8th highest paid tackle to find a team in the playoff hunt. Ok, SD and #2 McNeil have an outside chance.

I like Jake Long, but I am not sure he is worth the money he will demand not to mention in the last two seasons he has had shoulder and back issues which is not good for an offensive lineman.

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/tackle/

I pointed something similar to this out in the main forum a day or so ago. The bottom line is that left tackle has become the most overrated position in football. Center is actually probably becoming more of a cornerstone position than left tackle.

Miami's offense didn't miss a beat with a backup guard like John Jerry playing left tackle.

That money needs to be spent on a quarterback, pass rusher, and defensive backfield. Jake Long isn't worth anywhere near his contract, and that's when he's 100% healthy.... much less the injury riddled player he's become.

It's flat out foolish to pay a left tackle that much money.

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
I pointed something similar to this out in the main forum a day or so ago. The bottom line is that left tackle has become the most overrated position in football. Center is actually probably becoming more of a cornerstone position than left tackle.

Miami's offense didn't miss a beat with a backup guard like John Jerry playing left tackle.

That money needs to be spent on a quarterback, pass rusher, and defensive backfield. Jake Long isn't worth anywhere near his contract, and that's when he's 100% healthy.... much less the injury riddled player he's become.

This is not something I would have believed several years ago, but I think the way the NFL has moved in terms of the 3-4 and edge rushers getting out wider rushing from an up position, as well as the zone blitz...I think you're right. Left Tackle is becoming overrated.

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 01:36 PM
parting with odrick would hurt...that kids becoming a damn player...

Whoever they ask for is going to hurt. If parting with the player wouldn't hurt, they wouldn't ask for that player.

houtz
12-21-2011, 01:37 PM
I would do either. With Luck those first rounders become late teens/early twenties. I'm fine with that. Get your man.

ChrisHanson
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I would essentially do either one of those deals, but I would look to substitute as many veterans as I could (guys like Marshall, Odrick, Misi, Vontae, even Jake Long if I had to) in lieu of those picks.

I think it's important to build AROUND your quarterback. For that you need draft picks. One of the reasons the Green Bay attack is so deadly is all of those guys were drafted by the Packers and have essentially 'grown up' in that offense with Favre and Rodgers. That's why I always disagree with those people that take the "cherry on top" approach with quarterbacks, as in they think it's important that you build up a really good team and then insert your quarterback so he can supposedly have immediate success. That can help sometimes, but I find more often that it's when you start to add guys around the QB that learn and grow with him that those QBs get more deadly.

So do I mind slashing down some of our veterans so that we can build an offense around Andrew Luck that suits his individual character and strengths? Absolutely not.

Are you joking?

First of all the Packers had no idea that Rodgers would be as good as he is playing right now. Show me where they traded away the next decades worth of draft picks for him and I'l go along with what you've written here.

A good QB is obviously better than having a bad QB, but getting a good QB and surrounding him with crap will get you nowhere. In fact, the only QB that's been able to bring a championship to a below average team in my lifetime has been P. Manning. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Big Ben ALL have won championships due to the TEAM being overall good to great. And not ONE of those teams traded away their future or got rid of their best current players in order to draft them.

This "all your eggs in one basket (Luck)" thinking will more than likely doom the Dolphins to another decade of piss poor play.

I agree that a team should build around the QB, but they should do so with scheme. If Luck comes in to this team with none to few of our current best players all this team will be doing is stealing from Peter to pay Paul. And then if Luck busts....WOW! This team will SUCK bad for the next decade or longer. From 2000 to 2010 over 50% of all first round QB's busted. Those odds aren't good enough, IMO, to trade away our best players, who we know 100% are NOT busts.

Now, do I think the Dolphins should do their best to get one of the top 3 or 4 QB's in this years draft? Yes. Just don't be ridiculous in that process.

ChrisHanson
12-21-2011, 01:44 PM

You don't notice a difference in the Dolphins's offense when Long isn't in there?

TedSlimmJr
12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
You don't notice a difference in the Dolphins's offense when Long isn't in there?

Other than perhaps being even better? Not a damn bit. In fact, Miami probably left at least 2 more TD's off the board due to Marshall's drops.

The problem on the offensive line continues to be Colombo.

Miami is a losing team with Jake Long, and having him hasn't prevented a single QB from being knocked out of games. His 'greatness' is exaggerated more than Tim Tebow's.

The best teams in this league have franchise quarterbacks, not franchise left tackles.

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Other than perhaps being even better? Not a damn bit. In fact, Miami probably left at least 2 more TD's off the board due to Marshall's drops.

The problem on the offensive continues to be Colombo.

Miami is a losing team with Jake Long, and having him hasn't prevented a single QB from being knocked out of games. His 'greatness' is exaggerated more than Tim Tebow's.

The best teams in this league have franchise quarterbacks, not franchise left tackles.

And that's getting more true every year. I already put this list out but here are the franchise QBs out there right now and the left tackles that guard their blind side:

1. Aaron Rodgers - Marshall Newhouse
2. Drew Brees - Jermon Bushrod
3. Tom Brady - Matt Light
4. Ben Roethlisberger - Max Starks
5. Phil Rivers - Jared Gaither
6. Eli Manning - William Beatty
7. Matt Ryan - Sam Baker
8. Tony Romo - Doug Free
9. Matt Schaub - Duane Brown
10. Cam Newton - Jordan Gross
11. Michael Vick - Jason Peters
12. Jay Cutler - J'Marcus Webb
13. Andy Dalton - Andrew Whitworth
14. Josh Freeman - Donald Penn

I don't know what other people are seeing, but I'm not seeing a bunch of Jake Long, Joe Thomas caliber guys there.

OrlandoFin
12-21-2011, 02:09 PM
And that's getting more true every year. I already put this list out but here are the franchise QBs out there right now and the left tackles that guard their blind side:

1. Aaron Rodgers - Marshall Newhouse
2. Drew Brees - Jermon Bushrod
3. Tom Brady - Matt Light
4. Ben Roethlisberger - Max Starks
5. Phil Rivers - Jared Gaither
6. Eli Manning - William Beatty
7. Matt Ryan - Sam Baker
8. Tony Romo - Doug Free
9. Matt Schaub - Duane Brown
10. Cam Newton - Jordan Gross
11. Michael Vick - Jason Peters
12. Jay Cutler - J'Marcus Webb
13. Andy Dalton - Andrew Whitworth
14. Josh Freeman - Donald Penn

I don't know what other people are seeing, but I'm not seeing a bunch of Jake Long, Joe Thomas caliber guys there.

Just to be fair the only reason Newhouse is in there is because Chad Clifton is hurt, but with that said Clifton was a 2nd round pick and is in his 12th season. LT is not an elite position anymore with the way the game is played. QB, pass rushers, CB and WR's are the elite positions now.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 02:18 PM
any dalton "franchise" qb??? i'm not going there

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
my offer was 2 first-rounders, Long and Davis. read the damn post

god will this secondary get destroyed by #1 wrs if you give up vontae...

TedSlimmJr
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
This is not something I would have believed several years ago, but I think the way the NFL has moved in terms of the 3-4 and edge rushers getting out wider rushing from an up position, as well as the zone blitz...I think you're right. Left Tackle is becoming overrated.

I've said it from day 1. All I need in a left tackle is a guy who won't get beat to the inside first and foremost, so I can run my 3 step passing game. He can't allow a pass rusher to take the shortest route to my quarterback.

Secondly, he needs a kick slide and feet just good enough to get in position in vertical pass sets... with arms long enough to run the pass rusher up the field and past my QB in the 5 step, and/or play action passing game. All of the top QB's in the league can deal with pressure off the edge by stepping up into the pocket. It's the pressure up the middle that QB's can't deal with because it gets them off their landmark. Efficiency drops for any QB when you get pressure up the middle.

I don't need $50 million or a top 5 draft pick to find a guy like that... it's ridiculous.

The Center is more important because he's the one making the line calls and responsible for picking up the blitzing pressure coming through the A-gaps 90% of the time.

ckparrothead
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Just to be fair the only reason Newhouse is in there is because Chad Clifton is hurt, but with that said Clifton was a 2nd round pick and is in his 12th season. LT is not an elite position anymore with the way the game is played. QB, pass rushers, CB and WR's are the elite positions now.

Regardless, Newhouse has been playing at LT for most of the year, and the Packers are 13-1, with Aaron Rodgers having a better season than anyone can remember any quarterback having in quite a long time...and that's not happening with Clifton in the game, that's happening with Newhouse in the game.

Just like the Dolphins offense looked plenty potent with John Jerry at Left Tackle instead of Jake Long.

Roman529
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Potential Deal I
3 1st Rounders/2 2nd Rounders

OR
Potential Deal II
4 1st Rounders

Here we go Fin Fans and calling all SFLers...would you make one of these deals for Andrew Luck.

Discuss...

NOOOOO, because as good as Luck might be, he is not worth giving up FOUR first rounders. I think Barkley will have just as good a career and probably RG3 as well. Why overpay for Luck???

rrrrphin
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Will Ross be a factor in the Luck sweepstakes?
Will he say get me Luck at any cost?....will someone like Dan Snyder try the same.

SMadison29
12-21-2011, 03:08 PM

I agree. The Colts have done the same thing & look at the longevity of their offense. But one thing that has to be secured first is the oline. Nobody is going to develop if the QB is getting hit play after play & knocked to the ground. So I would not include Long in any deal.

SF Dolphin Fan
12-21-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd do something similar. Maybe three #1's and two #3's. Let's put it this way, Andrew Luck is the real deal. I don't think five years from now anyone will remember what the Dolphins gave up. What they will look at is that the team finally got a franchise quarterback that could lead this team to a championship. If you want to win a title, in a league geared toward the passing the football, you need a top quarterback. Simple as that.

dolfan_101
12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
You're Qb is your franchise, I don't care how good your LT is or your #1 cb. Without a baller at qb your not winning a championship. The NFL has evolved into this qb first league, imagine Marino entering the league into this generation of rules and regulations :lol:

Ed Norton
12-21-2011, 03:47 PM
A big part missing is from where will a team trade up from?

trade up #2 to #1 < #10 to #1

If only the Dolphins lost last week and where at #5 this would be an easier deal to make. Sitting at #9 currently I believe, the Dolphins may have to give up something like this. 3 1st picks I probably do but I don't like it. Figure 1 of those picks is the pick they were going to use anyway and it's a lot more upside potential than the Ricky Williams trade.

JCane
12-21-2011, 03:51 PM
It will take incremental steps to go where you want to go.

Yes it will.

But it will take monumental steps to get where you want to go—the playoffs lol. If you can get to the playoffs you have a damn good chance to win it all if you're healthy.

miami234ever
12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Two firsts, two 3rds, two 6ths, and a player. This will get it done if we finish top 7

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Two firsts, two 3rds, two 6ths, and a player. This will get it done if we finish top 7

No it won't...not for Luck.

PJack
12-22-2011, 12:53 AM
I'd give two firsts and ANY two players of their choice without giving a second thought. Even 3 firsts and 1 or 2 other early picks. Doesn't matter because 1) the Colts will lie down to be certain to retain that 1st pick, and 2) they will be picking Luck.

miami234ever
12-22-2011, 02:18 AM
No it won't...not for Luck.

It will if they use Barkley and RGIII as leverage. If Minnesota or St. Louis get the pick, their hand is already shown and there's no threat of them taking Luck. The value of the pick is lowered when you factor in these two things imo. Maybe 5ths instead of 6ths, but otherwise it's fair. Three 1sts + two 2nds is not far off from two 1sts, two 3rds, two 5ths, and a quality starter.

JCane
12-22-2011, 02:23 AM
It will if they use Barkley and RGIII as leverage. If Minnesota or St. Louis get the pick, their hand is already shown and there's no threat of them taking Luck. The value of the pick is lowered when you factor in these two things imo. Maybe 5ths instead of 6ths, but otherwise it's fair. Three 1sts + two 2nds is not far off from two 1sts, two 3rds, two 5ths, and a quality starter.

Won't happen, my man. Andrew Luck is bringing a King's ransom unless he has an absolute pathetic combine workout.

If we offered what you say would get it done, the Colts would go elsewhere. If they're willing to deal Andrew Luck, then they want draft picks and not Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin III.

rainmaker1313
12-22-2011, 03:32 AM
How about our 1st this year
our 2nd for the next 2 years
our 3rd for the next 3 years and
our 4th for the next 4 years??????

10 players for Luck!

JCane
12-22-2011, 03:36 AM
How about our 1st this year
our 2nd for the next 2 years
our 3rd for the next 3 years and
our 4th for the next 4 years??????

10 players for Luck!

Just because you give more for Luck doesn't mean they got "more" for Luck.

Four 4th rounders? Three 3rd rounders? That's 7 dudes from the middle rounds for a franchise QB.

That's a garbage deal.

mrodriguez4096
12-22-2011, 04:01 AM
This franchise needs to do what it can to bring in a player that will turn it around. I'm tired of the middle of the pick drafts, if they are willing to move for 3 1st then do it. Get it done.

Zounds
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Sorry, but 4 first round draft picks is ridiculously too steep. I might consider trading that for Aaron Rogers, but for an unproven college QB? No f*cking way.

greasyObnoxious
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
god will this secondary get destroyed by #1 wrs if you give up vontae...

yeah. giving up Davis would hurt me more than giving up Long, to be honest. but i guess you have to give up something to get something in return