PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0 has us getting Barkley

Kistner10
12-21-2011, 05:07 PM
It's on insiders on ESPN right now. I have an account so if anyone wants to check it out, I can send it to you in a PM.

Anyways, it has CLE passing on a QB and taking Trent Richardson at 4 and WAS taking RGIII over Barkley at 7. At number 8 we get Barkley.

I could see this scenario playing out, to me it all depends on whether Holmgren in CLE wants to go with a vet in the offseason and than draft a talent like Richardson/Blackmon.

Anyways here's CLE, WAS, and our take from McShay.

Cleveland Browns

Trent Richardson*, RB, Alabama

Richardson is a more complete back than former Crimson Tide teammate Mark Ingram, the No. 28 pick to New Orleans in 2011. Richardson has a rare combination of size, speed, power, agility, burst and versatility, and is the rare exception to the don't-take-an-RB-in-the-top-10 rule.

Washington Redskins

Robert Griffin III*, QB, Baylor

Finding a quarterback is a must for the Redskins, and this will be an interesting call if Griffin and USC's Matt Barkley are still on the board. Barkley would make sense, but it might be hard for Washington coach Mike Shanahan to pass on a dynamic athlete like Griffin.

Miami Dolphins

Matt Barkley*, QB, USC

Another team with an obvious need at quarterback, the Dolphins would be wise to take a young talent they can build their offense around for years to come.

DudeleBroski
12-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Please let it be so

slosh13
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
does kiper have a mock up?

Kistner10
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM

No not yet. He has his big board up. I think he has Barkley rated 6th and RGIII rated 7th. He does address the rumors that some teams have RGIII rated above Luck and says he doesn't believe them.

Cloudy
12-21-2011, 05:41 PM
*sigh* obviously I would love to have RGIII more than Barkley...

RealDriscoll
12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I think the draft order changes a great deal after the weekend..I have a mock once a week at nfldraftwizard.com

SR 7
12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Miami has a shot at moving up this weekend b/c they play NE possible loss than u have Wash v. Minny they will move ahead of us if they win, Panthers v Bucks 5-9 v 4-10.

I think assuming without looking at the official rankisn Miami can Jump to the 6 spot if they lose and the rest wins out? correct me if I am wrong as I havenot checked the SOS list

I think we end at NYJ so hopefully we go 5-11 and have a top 6 pick to get a QB. taht would be super damn freaking sweet.

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Still going to have to trade up for any of the top 3 qb's.

Lots of competition behind us as well.

datruth55
12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Miami has a shot at moving up this weekend b/c they play NE possible loss than u have Wash v. Minny they will move ahead of us if they win, Panthers v Bucks 5-9 v 4-10.

I think assuming without looking at the official rankisn Miami can Jump to the 6 spot if they lose and the rest wins out? correct me if I am wrong as I havenot checked the SOS list

I think we end at NYJ so hopefully we go 5-11 and have a top 6 pick to get a QB. taht would be super damn freaking sweet.
I think ck posted in my last top 15 draft order thread a few different scenarios and one of them have us potentially picking 5th but a lot of things would have to line up in our favor.

It was basically a best case scenario.

hooshoops
12-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Still going to have to trade up for any of the top 3 qb's.

Lots of competition behind us as well.

that should be the concern...not just washington and cleveland but people putting packages together behind us to trump us for a qb...thats why i'm saying be proactive

rainmaker1313
12-22-2011, 03:26 AM
*sigh* obviously I would love to have RGIII more than Barkley...

NO, I do not have a good feeling about RG III
He is going to disappoint. Watch and get back to me!

rainmaker1313
12-22-2011, 03:27 AM
And Miami first off needs to lose their last 2 games. I can see them winning both. I hope not. I can see them beating the Jets to knock them out of playoffs!
That I would love to see, but I think its best we dont if it means we get Barkley

SMadison29
12-22-2011, 09:11 AM

Kiper's first mock draft usually doesn't come out until shortly after January 15th when all the underclassmen have declared.

Tunaphish429
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
We would be going from 2 Chad's to 2 Matts

Geordie
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I would take this in a heartbeat. Barkley or bust now for me.

MRojas4
12-22-2011, 11:30 AM
And Miami first off needs to lose their last 2 games. I can see them winning both. I hope not. I can see them beating the Jets to knock them out of playoffs!
That I would love to see, but I think its best we dont if it means we get Barkley

You sir, have the coolest dog.

That picture makes me laugh every time. What breed is it?