PDA

View Full Version : CBS: Don't Sleep on other senior qb's

Hayden Fox
12-21-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/16546499/draft-notebook-dont-sleep-on-other-quarterbacks-in-deep-12-draft-class

datruth55
12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Kirk Cousins is really my favorite senior QB but I just don't know if he can hold up in the NFL at 6'3" 205 lbs.

I think Tannehill has the most potential but he would benefit greatly by sitting for a year or two and having a solid OC and QB coach and that's not what we have IMO, not right now anyway.

Ryan Lindley is an intriguing prospect who could benefit from good coaching as well...he seems to have all the measurables you look for in a QB.

Nick Foles has the measurables but he has a tendancy to hold on to the ball too much and I don't see the leadership and intangibles that you need at the QB position.

MiZFiT
12-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Tanny or bust.

Hayden Fox
12-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I will be honest, I like some of these guys a lot.

Tannehill I think will take a few years to develop. I do not think he is ready to go as he is very raw. However, he has the tools and mental make up to be really good. A coach, whether it be the head coach or an assistant, must be on staff to develop his talents. You are probably looking at Matt Moore for awhile or another FA while Tannehill gets ready.

Foles is someone that I think you need to go off his junior and early senior fall tape. Arizona turned into a mess this year. We all loved him last year, but once Arizona went in the tank, he fell off the radar. The Matt Schaub analogy from this article is perfect. I bet he emerges some during the evaluation process.

Kirk Cousins I have always thought could play. He is a guy that someone will draft and sit for awhile and learn without pressure. Over a certain period of time, he will end up being a solid yet unspectacular qb.

I do think Miami will do whatever it takes to get Luck, RGIII, Barkley or Manning if he comes free. I think Ross will pay the compensation through the nose for Luck or RGIII or financially for Manning when this is over.

However, if the Fins are stymied in their efforts for the elite guy they could sit at their spot and draft Tannehill or draft another position and jump back into round one and get Foles late. Should be interesting.

Nick13
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I think this is going to depend on two factors: What our record is in the next two games and how our head coach will be. If we win out, or win even one of two, we might have to settle for a second tier quarterback in the draft because that cost to move up is too great, for any player, in any draft. 4 #1's? Even if Dan Marino himself was reincarnated at age 26 I still wouldn't give up 4 #1's.

Onto the other QB's, being an Arizona guy, I like Foles a lot. He's very efficient and accurate, and is a smart kid. The biggest knock on him is that he is a little too statuesque in the pocket, but he's very good at finding his check downs quickly when the deep ball isn't there. I'm also not opposed to Cousins, I think with Foles, Cousins or any of the top tier QBs I'd be pretty happy about our QB situation with Matt Moore already on the roster to compete, and possibly start if the rook isn't ready.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 11:34 AM
no thanks on cousins...foles...meh

datruth55
12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
no thanks on cousins...foles...meh
You don't like Cousins cause he doesn't have a big arm, lol. Kids got moxie though, he's a leader.

TedSlimmJr
12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
The Nick Foles/Matt Schaub comparison is the one I made for him his Junior year, I think it fits.

He's playing behind a bad offensive line this year that was starting two freshman offensive tackles.... and you can tell it.

Roman529
12-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I really like Brock Osweiler, ASU's 6'8" QB, but he's a junior and I don't think he will come out until the 2013 draft. I just like his arm and mobility....he is still a little raw but one more year should be great for him. He's only started one season at ASU so he should get much better. Watch him tonight against Boise State.

Hayden Fox
12-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Review Foles from his junior year and their is a lot to like.

Dogbone34
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM
put me down for Foles and Weeden

Austin Tatious
12-22-2011, 10:03 PM
I agree. Some of those guys could be solid NFL backup quarterbacks.