PDA

View Full Version : Barkley press conference at 4

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
According to Colin Cowherd Barkley to hold press conf at 4......not sure if it's eastern or pacific time

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 11:17 AM
It's eastern time 4pm eastern

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 11:18 AM
any word on how he's leaning??? please...please...come out...we need you in this damn class

whodizking
12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Nope no signs I heard of BUT i hope he enters because it gives us a better chance to land him or RG3. Please football gods bless us with a franchise QB cuz we know we need it. Lol

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Only thing that Cowherd said that conf is being held at Heritage Hall and that's not a bad thing for USC fans. However some reporter from CA said Sanchez and Bush both held their press conferences there and left early. Only time will tell...fingers crossed!!!

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
with kalil leaving i have to think he's coming out...unless he got some awful rating by the draft eval committee...he has to have gotten a top 10 grade off the season he put together...has to

i tell ya this if he doesn't come out and its not luck i have no interest in a qb in the top 10...none...so this is all or nothing for me at least

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 11:42 AM
looks like barkleys teammate safety tj mcdonald is returning to usc...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/7377825/usc-trojans-tj-mcdonald-returning-2012-season

SMadison29
12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
looks like barkleys teammate safety tj mcdonald is returning to usc...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/7377825/usc-trojans-tj-mcdonald-returning-2012-season

I missed that yesterday.

I can be happy with either Luck, Barkley, or RGIII. Not so much so with Landry Jones but I could live with it. I do NOT want a developmental QB that will take a couple years to get on the field.

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I get the sense he is going to return to USC next season.

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
No Nublar!!!!Say it isn't so

MRojas4
12-22-2011, 12:08 PM
He's going back. Don't know why, maybe he wants to be a #1 pick. But he's going back.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 12:08 PM
He's going back. Don't know why, maybe he wants to be a #1 pick. But he's going back.

link...source???

MRojas4
12-22-2011, 12:21 PM
link...source???

Oh, just a hunch.

SORRY! Didn't mean to cause panic.

mnphinfan
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
I really think Barkley is gonna declare. Kalil said he would do whatever Barkley decided. There were all sorts of rumors of Kalil returning and then out of the blue he said no that's not true and a few days later he declared. To me this was the big development in the whole Barkley situation and expect him to declare this afternoon.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Consensus here in L.A. is that he returns. He's got a chance to be special at USC and the timing seems to indicate.

Three days before Christmas, one day after T.J. McDonald announces he's returning, one day after the team picks up a 5-star, two 4-stars and a 3-star recruit.

Belief here is about 75/25 that he's returning his senior season.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 12:26 PM
With Kahlil saying he's going pro I think he goes pro but ya never know. Barkley, much like Luck last year, doesn't need money and really doesn't have much competition for number 1 QB next year. Barkley also has wanted to be a Trojan is entire life.

If he stays, Tyler Wilson and Brock Osweiler will have to think LONG and hard about coming out

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:30 PM
With Kahlil saying he's going pro I think he goes pro but ya never know. Barkley, much like Luck last year, doesn't need money and really doesn't have much competition for number 1 QB next year. Barkley also has wanted to be a Trojan is entire life.

If he stays, Tyler Wilson and Brock Osweiler will have to think LONG and hard about coming out

Barkley legitimately has a shot at the triple crown next year. Heisman favorite (if the others declare), National Championship hope, #1 pick.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
kiper says he's coming out...set the bar this year too high to stay per kiper...mcshay is more on the fence...says in talkin with the usc people barkley has struggled with the decision

X-Pacolypse
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I think he's coming back. Growing up in Newport Beach, this kid's lifelong dream was to be the quarterback at USC. I think he loves being at USC way too much.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:40 PM
kiper says he's coming out...set the bar this year too high to stay per kiper...mcshay is more on the fence...says in talkin with the usc people barkley has struggled with the decision

Apparently Barkley called Leinart, Palmer, Sanchez, Cassel, Luck, Manning, Tebow and McCoy. 7/8 essentially saying go back for senior year.

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow his decision to return to school could be devastating to this franchise

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Matt Leinart, a QB Barkley talked to, thinks he stays.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow his decision to return to school could be devastating to this franchise

not really but it makes the draft more interesting

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Reasons to stay:

Finish what he started, persevering through sanctions.

Win the National Championship.

Sister is a Freshman at USC.

Heisman.

#1 pick next year.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 12:51 PM
This is as 50/50 as I've seen anything like this. Granted we're still 4 hours away from his announcement but usually by now there are some sources that have good ideas on what this announcement is going to be.

I'm hearing absolutely mixed predictions from every corner. Someone on twitter called @sportscenter says he spoke with Barkley's dad and Barkley is coming out. But that could be total BS. And evidently Matt Leinart, someone that Barkley spoke with about making this decision, thinks Barkley stays. And Cowherd said this morning that he's hearing that he's going to announce his intentions to stay in school.

It's totally mixed.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
not really but it makes the draft more interesting

SI's Tony Pauline (Who reported Nick Perry signing an agent days before the release) is saying word from sources is Barkley, RG3 and Landry Jones may ALL stay for senior seasons.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

This is as 50/50 as I've seen anything like this. Granted we're still 4 hours away from his announcement but usually by now there are some sources that have good ideas on what this announcement is going to be.

I'm hearing absolutely mixed predictions from every corner. Someone on twitter called @sportscenter says he spoke with Barkley's dad and Barkley is coming out. But that could be total BS. And evidently Matt Leinart, someone that Barkley spoke with about making this decision, thinks Barkley stays. And Cowherd said this morning that he's hearing that he's going to announce his intentions to stay in school.

It's totally mixed.

SI's Tony Pauline saying he stays.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah and Tony Pauline is the guy that previously reported from sources close to Barkley that he was going to come out to the NFL.

Blake the great
12-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Sheftler on ESPN said sources in the LA area are THINKING he is returning for his senior year. Just saw it a few minutes ago. No more talk about not trading up for Luck, if the Rams have the 1st pick, we may not have a choice but to give up a few draft picks for a franchise QB. I dont think its smart to give up a lot for RG3. If we dont grow a pair and make a bold move it could mean another 7-9 or 8-8 season for Miami next season with Matt Moore, im sick of mediocrity.

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
RG3 may not come out either :boohoo:

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah and Tony Pauline is the guy that previously reported from sources close to Barkley that he was going to come out to the NFL.

He's usually pretty good. He's saying he heard Barkley has reversed decision...thinks he stays.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin and Landry Jones all staying in school would be shining examples of:

A) Why I keep talking about Brandon Weeden,
B) Why I so consistently rejected the idea of ignoring the 2011 QB Class in favor of the 2012 QB Class.

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Sounds like Luck will be the only first round caliber quarterback to be available in the draft. Peyton Manning is a realistic option for Miami.

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM
The job is yours Matt Moore

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:02 PM
i could care less about rg3 and jones...stay...you probably should...but barkley...i will be freakin ticked if he stays in school...just our damn luck...anyways...glazers about to be on we'll see if he has any take

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:04 PM
glazer just said in talkin to gms around the league its luck barkley and rg3 in that order...says that with leinart coming out and sayin barkleys stayin his gut is barkley stays

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
If all the others decide to stay you could see Tyler Wilson or Brock Osweiler jump on the opportunity and come out. Wilson more likely than Osweiler as I've heard Wilson is strongly thinking about it.

I don't consider Luck to be the only 1st round worthy QB in this draft though. Brandon Weeden and Ryan Tannehill are also 1st round worthy.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
The job is yours Matt Moore

awesome...more ****ing mediocrity...if that

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
If the other three stay, I see it as

Luck
Wilson
Weeden
Tannehill
Osweiler

dol-phan007
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Reasons to stay:

Finish what he started, persevering through sanctions.

Win the National Championship.

Sister is a Freshman at USC.

Heisman.

#1 pick next year.

Those are reasons to stay. Here are reasons to leave.

Injury.

Injury.

Injury.

That in itself is a big factor. If he gets injured next year as a senior it could jeperdize going to the NFL.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Those are reasons to stay. Here are reasons to leave.

Injury.

Injury.

Injury.

That in itself is a big factor. If he gets injured next year as a senior it could jeperdize going to the NFL.

He'll do like Luck and get the insurance policy.

If he doesn't get injured, which is less likely considering he was sacked the lowest amount of times in the nation, he could lead USC to the National Championship.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
If the other three stay, I see it as

Luck
Wilson
Weeden
Tannehill
Osweiler

thats interesting...i have it as:

luck

everybody else

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
You just know he's staying....it's Miami's luck

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin and Landry Jones all staying in school would be shining examples of:

A) Why I keep talking about Brandon Weeden,
B) Why I so consistently rejected the idea of ignoring the 2011 QB Class in favor of the 2012 QB Class.It is also a GREAT example of why myself and others have been so against the the idea that Dolphins fans should be rooting for losses this season. I hope some are happy, because it appears what I warned them about is about to come true. I said it was possible they could all return to college next season. Those fans spent all season rooting against the team, sulking when they win and bashing Dolphins fans that want to win games, because it hurts the chances of drafting a top 10 QB. Well, it doesn't look like there is a first round quarterback prospect besides Luck and to get Luck the Dolphins probably had to go 0-16 or 1-15 which we all knew was never going to happen. A bit of karma I suppose.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
You just know he's staying....it's Miami's luck

yep...just our damn luck...i swear being a fan of this franchise puts you in an early grave

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
It is also a GREAT example of why myself and others have been so against the the idea that Dolphins fans should be rooting for losses this season. I hope some are happy, because it appears what I warned them about is about to come true. I said it was possible they could all return to college next season. Those fans spent all season rooting against the team, sulking when they win and bashing Dolphins fans that want to win games, because it hurts the chances of drafting a top 10 QB. Well, it doesn't look like there is a first round quarterback prospect besides Luck and to get Luck the Dolphins probably had to go 0-16 or 1-15 which we all knew was never going to happen. A bit of karma I suppose.

its also a great example of how you guys can't see the forest for the trees...

dol-phan007
12-22-2011, 01:18 PM
He'll do like Luck and get the insurance policy.

If he doesn't get injured, which is less likely considering he was sacked the lowest amount of times in the nation, he could lead USC to the National Championship.

His blind side blocker LT is leaving for the NFL. He will take more hits next year.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 01:21 PM
His blind side blocker LT is leaving for the NFL. He will take more hits next year.

It's either move Kevin Graf over, or let Aundrey Walker or a freshman take the job. A lot of the sacks that would have been were avoided by Barkley himself. Kiffin put him in the best possible position to protect his QB.

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 01:21 PM
its also a great example of how you guys can't see the forest for the trees...What exactly did "sucking" accomplish? What exactly would have "sucking" more than 5-9 accomplish? Nothing, Luck was never an option and it appears there are no alternative options. Appears the suck crowd got it wrong, hmm?

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
jeesh...cowherd talkin about kalil like he's the best left tackle prospect in the last 10 years...says if not for luck he'd be the top pick in the last 8 drafts...i'm not buyin that one at all

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
What exactly did "sucking" accomplish? What exactly would have "sucking" more than 5-9 accomplish? Nothing, Luck was never an option and it appears there are no alternative options. Appears the suck crowd got it wrong, hmm?

jeesh...this team started 0 and damn 7...had most of you guys turtling from play to win to suck for luck then we go on some garbage damn run that gets some of you clowns thinking it matters for some damn reason and now that barkleys maybe not comin out you want to tell me i was a fool for not rooting for this once again garbage team??? you of the this teams a playoff contender and a playoff team with orton yada yada yada...yeah right...

take your karma crap elsewhere

datruth55
12-22-2011, 01:28 PM
I can tell you this. If Barkley returns then I hope we kick the living crap out of the Jets and knock them out of the playoffs. If no Barkley or Luck then BPA, I don't really care for any other QB in the first round. Just beat the freakin Jets (J-E-T-S...Just End The Season).

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I can tell you this. If Barkley returns then I hope we kick the living crap out of the Jets and knock them out of the playoffs. If no Barkley or Luck then BPA, I don't really care for any other QB in the first round. Just beat the freakin Jets (J-E-T-S...Just End The Season).

i'm down with that...cause i think even if we do drop a few slots we can still get upshaw...i think him in the top 8 might be too rich given he's not an otherworldly level physical prospect

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:33 PM
although wait...i got a grand on the jets in vegas winning the bowl...a bet i made in the offseason...sob

PATSSUCK
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Ugh..... If he does not coming out, I don't know what to say about the QB position.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Brock Osweiler could pounce on the opportunity and come out. If he did I would take him with our 1st round pick. Way too much talent to ignore.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
i like osweiler...i just think he needs another year in school...pick #8 or whatever...i don't know...that big body and arm are damn hard to ignore i know that and he played hoops so long before takin on football that you just know he's barely tapped into his potential

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-22-2011, 01:47 PM
although wait...i got a grand on the jets in vegas winning the bowl...a bet i made in the offseason...sobwhy put a grand on the jets? it wasnt even like a type of crazy bet you can make that 1000 would turn into many thousands. like i understand putting 1000 on some long shot if u have money to blow because the reward can be great, but the jets? they will never win a superbowl, lol.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Osweiler has a big bowl tonight I think he declares. Graham's system is gonna destroy his stock.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 01:55 PM
why put a grand on the jets? it wasnt even like a type of crazy bet you can make that 1000 would turn into many thousands. like i understand putting 1000 on some long shot if u have money to blow because the reward can be great, but the jets? they will never win a superbowl, lol.

ha ha...i like hearing stuff like that on here...it was 12/1 odds the jets were coming off back to back afc championship appearances and i figured that the jets front office was smart enough to go with the power downhill running game and play action and not put so much in mark sanchez plate...but brian schotty tried to make sanchez into something he's not early this season and they've just recently figured out what breads their butter again...and if they get in i wouldn't sleep on them making another run

anyways i also put a grand at 16/1 on baltimore and another at 15/1 on new orleans...or vice versa can't remember which was 15/1 and which was 16/1...

i'm just glad all 3 are still in contention at this point

mnphinfan
12-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Why would he call a press conference to say he is staying in school? The only thing I can think of is to start the Heismann/National Champion hype early. It just seems tacky and selfish to do something like that and it would appear as though he would be putting himself above the rest of the team. From everything I have read and heard about Barkley he isn't that type of guy.

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 01:57 PM
I keep checking Twitter, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. trying to read things about the Barkley decision. Don't know why I am wasting my time when we all know he is staying at USC.

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Why would he call a press conference to say he is staying in school? The only thing I can think of is to start the Heismann/National Champion hype early. It just seems tacky and selfish to do something like that and as if he would be putting himself above the rest of the team. From everything I have read and heard about Barkley he isn't that type of guy.Matt Leinart held a press conference to announce he was returning for his season season. Barkely is doing the same.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-22-2011, 02:00 PM
ha ha...i like hearing stuff like that on here...it was 12/1 odds the jets were coming off back to back afc championship appearances and i figured that the jets front office was smart enough to go with the power downhill running game and play action and not put so much in mark sanchez plate...but brian schotty tried to make sanchez into something he's not early this season and they've just recently figured out what breads their butter again...and if they get in i wouldn't sleep on them making another run

anyways i also put a grand at 16/1 on baltimore and another at 15/1 on new orleans...or vice versa can't remember which was 15/1 and which was 16/1...

i'm just glad all 3 are still in contention at this pointwow cant believe the ravens and saints were that good odds ( in favor of the better). i would deff put a grand on any of those teams to win it. those are deff good bets, well worth it. i think baltimore has a shot. i know they looked like garbage vs the chargers, but i like them come playoff time.

as for the saints, if the packers were to get upset in the 2nd round, then very possible. i just cant see the saints going into gb in the freezing weather and winning. either way, those are deff well worth it bets.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 02:00 PM
press conferences are the norm...returning or leaving

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 02:01 PM
still awhile to go before everybody has to declare. If everybody stays in school but guys like Wilson and Osweiler come out, you gotta consider them. Wilson did pretty well for himself, and scouts like him more than Mallett (I think that's all attitude related though) and Brock has too much talent not to love

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
wow cant believe the ravens and saints were that good odds ( in favor of the better). i would deff put a grand on any of those teams to win it. those are deff good bets, well worth it. i think baltimore has a shot. i know they looked like garbage vs the chargers, but i like them come playoff time.

as for the saints, if the packers were to get upset in the 2nd round, then very possible. i just cant see the saints going into gb in the freezing weather and winning. either way, those are deff well worth it bets.

the pack was like 7/3 something that wasn't worth it...and with their issues on the oline at tackle especially i could see a scenario where someone goes there and upsets them...not probable but very possible

the ravens are always tough outs and the saints in their building are bad *** as well

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
are people really sure that barkley is going to stay?

what does he really have to gain? he had a great year, his stock is really high now. i get it that he wont be the 1st overall pick this year due to luck, but the money difference now with the rookie wage scale wont be that big of a difference in first and 2nd overall.

also,he lost the guy he protects his blind side in kalil. i feel he has nothing really to prove by staying. yes, he can play in a bowl game next year, but in terms for his future, the best decision now is to prob to enter the draft. why risk injury at college level next year when your stock is basically at its highest.

im also saying this with having in mind that we prob wont even get him. just whats best for him, but then again, im not him, and im not his adviser.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-22-2011, 02:04 PM
the pack was like 7/3 something that wasn't worth it...and with their issues on the oline at tackle especially i could see a scenario where someone goes there and upsets them...not probable but very possible

the ravens are always tough outs and the saints in their building are bad *** as wellya that pack at those odds are deff not worth it. the ravens and saints at those odds were for sure.

next year if you have money to blow, it may not hurt to put a little on the fins, because we prob will be like 25-1 or higher, which can provide a big payoff if they surprise.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
ya that pack at those odds are deff not worth it. the ravens and saints at those odds were for sure.

next year if you have money to blow, it may not hurt to put a little on the fins, because we prob will be like 25-1 or higher, which can provide a big payoff if they surprise.

hells no...

mnphinfan
12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Matt Leinart held a press conference to announce he was returning for his season season. Barkely is doing the same.

I know Leinart had a press conference but he clearly loved the spotlight/parties/***** that came with SoCal more than football itself. He was never mentally ready for the NFL, probably still isn't and probably never will be. I don't get that same attitude/demeanor from Barkley which is why I questioned it.

Then again the press conference could have nothing to do with Barkley's wishes and everything to do with USC's PR department. God knows they haven't had much to be happy about football wise with the sanctions they still have.

Kdawg954
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
are people really sure that barkley is going to stay?

what does he really have to gain? he had a great year, his stock is really high now. i get it that he wont be the 1st overall pick this year due to luck, but the money difference now with the rookie wage scale wont be that big of a difference in first and 2nd overall.

also,he lost the guy he protects his blind side in kalil. i feel he has nothing really to prove by staying. yes, he can play in a bowl game next year, but in terms for his future, the best decision now is to prob to enter the draft. why risk injury at college level next year when your stock is basically at its highest.

im also saying this with having in mind that we prob wont even get him. just whats best for him, but then again, im not him, and im not his adviser.

You forget USC is LOADED and despite Kalil leaving they more than likely have someone that will fit in fine at LT. He will FINALLY get a shot to win and lead USC to a Rose Bowl/BCS title game as the bowl ban is lifted next year. He has a BETTER shot of being the #1 overall and Heisman trophy winner next year than he does/did this year.

There is alot of incentive, and Barkley isn't one of these urban guys who need the money, his family has money and he really likes USC.

I mean he could declare but if I had money on it right now, I would bet on him staying. As far as for "Dolphins" sake, I hope he declares.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
usc is loaded... there's no doubt about that...and you just know they have another preying mantis waiting in thw wings at left tackle to replace kalil on that campus...and marquise lee who became a monster by the end of the season and robert woods returning who both of which will be top 20 picks woods maybe top 10 they're gonna roll in the conference

its great for them...but terrible news for us

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Aundrey Walker is probably my first choice to replace Kalil at LT.

USC is stacked next year and with Barkley returning, could be top 3 in preseason polls.

Keeno1
12-22-2011, 02:21 PM
What a kick in the balls. Who do they take now at 8 or wherever the hell they are picking?

TheWalrus
12-22-2011, 02:23 PM
If Barkley goes back we'll have Reggie Bush to thank for it. It was principally his rules violations that led to all the sanctions on USC, the end of which next year is the biggest reason Barkley has to stay in school.

So yeah. Thanks Reggie.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Agent chatter is that Barkley stays in school. I'd say odds are about 85/15 that Barkley returns to USC.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:08 PM
evidently a lot of barkleys teammates are tweeting that he's coming back...looks like were screwed on this one...

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Bleedin for Weeden...

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Cheer for the Colts tonight...

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:13 PM
easily the worst football day for me in the last i don't know 2 plus months...til i knew we were done this season...which i think i knew it after week 2

just another kick in the crotch

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Sucking For Nothing

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
well if it means anything to anybody, the rumors from Arkansas insiders are that if Barkley goes back and Wilson has a good bowl, he's coming out

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Actually I look at the fact that Andrew Luck could go to a 2-win team and I'm more inclined to ask certain people if they're really happy that the Dolphins have 5 meaningless wins instead of only 2 wins.

Perspective.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Cheer for the Colts tonight...

yeah...but even if they do somehow win this and next week and lets say st louis gets that top pick the price and the competition for that pick is gonna be astronomical if they trade it...i mean we'll just be fish in a massive pond

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Actually I look at the fact that Andrew Luck could go to a 2-win team and I'm more inclined to ask certain people if they're really happy that the Dolphins have 5 meaningless wins instead of only 2 wins.

Perspective.

thank you...but good luck getting through to some of these cats...good damn luck...they'd rather be 5-11 for the next 3 years with a matt moore under center than be a potential perennial contender with the highest rated college qb since freakin elway...

they'll never get it

DolfaninPA70
12-22-2011, 03:23 PM
This franchise is cursed

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Perspective.

Alot of shortsightedness here. Im sure there a few posters who are happy Barkley is staying so they can beat their chest and say i told you so. Yay. We have 5 wins and still dont have a franchise qb. It all started with the Luck wont come out to play for us rhetoric. Glad im not that type of fan

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 03:26 PM
thank you...but good luck getting through to some of these cats...good damn luck...they'd rather be 5-11 for the next 3 years with a matt moore under center than be a potential perennial contender with the highest rated college qb since freakin elway...

they'll never get it

yep.....some people cant see past next sunday or just dont want to

JCane
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
He's definitely going back. Didn't really matter anyway. We played ourselves out of a QB.

It's incredible how ****ed and cursed this franchise is. I'm so sick of sucking.

And this right here will be enough for people to really believe that Matt Moore is a franchise QB and that we should draft a ****ing lineman.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:33 PM
look...i get it that some people want to rub this in our noses...fine...you want to get one on some of us...whatever...but there's no damn way ANY DOLPHINS FAN should be happy this kids going back to school...i mean you're just taking away from your options in this upcoming draft to fix the qb position long term and you have a top 10 pick to try and get one...

for gods sakes we should all be upset with this news...unless you're one of those cats who believed jay fiedler was the answer, or trent green, or chad pennington, or now matt moore...of which i'm sure there's plenty of you out there...misguided as hell but i'm sure your out there

JCane
12-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Sucking For Nothing

Yeap. You exactly right. We suck every year for nothing. We suck and suck and suck and nothing every happens to improve it. Being stuck in the middle of the draft is the worst place to possibly be.

However, I don't buy the Karma. Don't believe in that nonsense.

ChambersWI
I'm torn as I loved seeing guys like Vonte, Reggie, and Odrick really develop, but it does kind of suck. Course, the team that really got screwed is Washington.

Course, there are other QBs that are worth a look.

hooshoops
i am now going to go drink until sunup and hopefully i will wake up in some ditch...it needs to be one of those kind of nights for me now

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
He's definitely going back. Didn't really matter anyway. We played ourselves out of a QB.

It's incredible how ****ed and cursed this franchise is. I'm so sick of sucking.

And this right here will be enough for people to really believe that Matt Moore is a franchise QB and that we should draft a ****ing lineman.0-16 would have been likely the only way not to "play ourselves out of a QB". That was never going to happen, nor was a 2 win season. Foolish to think that was going to happen. The fact that there is likely going to be no first round quarterback prospect when the 2nd overall pick is on the clock proves that this was a poor year to "root" against the team. Whether the team won one game or finishes with seven wins, doesn't look like it will matter in terms of a first round quarterback. Five meaningless wins? More like nine meaningless losses.

Though I look forward to the 2012 "Blow for Barkley", "Lay down for Landry" and "Quitten for Griffen" threads. [/sarcasm]

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeap. You exactly right. We suck every year for nothing. We suck and suck and suck and nothing every happens to improve it. Being stuck in the middle of the draft is the worst place to possibly be.

However, I don't buy the Karma. Don't believe in that nonsense.

eh i wouldnt bother. This is someone who was going and giving every pro-future post a one star rating after every game. The epitome of a myopic fan. Hes giddy right now that barkley is staying

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:40 PM
eh i wouldnt bother. This is someone who was going and giving every pro-future post a one star rating after every game. The epitome of a myopic fan. Hes giddy right now that barkley is staying

sad that an admin would act like that...

Keeno1
12-22-2011, 03:41 PM

And this right here will be enough for people to really believe that Matt Moore is a franchise QB and that we should draft a ****ing lineman.

I am worried that is what will actually happen. What would you do with the 1st-round pick now? I am inclined to trade back and get Weedon. Could still get Fleenor in the 2nd.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
maybe you trade back to the teens provided you can and acquire an extra 2nd rounder in the deal and still take upshaw...and then you look at weeden at the top of the 2nd round...i don't know...all i know is this sucks

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I am worried that is what will actually happen. What would you do with the 1st-round pick now? I am inclined to trade back and get Weedon. Could still get Fleenor in the 2nd.

Bingo.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
maybe you trade back to the teens provided you can and acquire an extra 2nd rounder in the deal and still take upshaw...and then you look at weeden at the top of the 2nd round...i don't know...all i know is this sucks

It's crappy all the way around because if Pauline is right and Barkley, Griffin and Landry Jones all stay in school then it pushes up Weeden's value considerably. Can you cound on getting him in the 2nd round anymore? There will be evaluators that evaluate him as the 2nd best quarterback in the Draft. How do you count on that in the 2nd round?

Nublar7
eh i wouldnt bother. This is someone who was going and giving every pro-future post a one star rating after every game. The epitome of a myopic fan. Hes giddy right now that barkley is stayingHave absolutely no idea what you are talking about. In fact I rarely ever rate threads, can't even remember the last time I did. You got the wrong guy. Who said I was happy? I am very sad and upset that Barkley is likely to return and the same probably goes for Griffin and Jones. I wanted one of those guys and someone to build for the future. I just wanted one of those guys without having to the "throw" the season.

hooshoops
if we end up with the #7 pick there should be a premium talent available that someone would want to come up for i would think...but at the same time you trade out and you're losing that premium talent for yourself...and i hate the watered down quantity over quality mindset...i guess it depends on what falls to us...

but not using that pick on a qb hurts...hurts like a mo fo

TonyGsharp
12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
0-16 would have been likely the only way not to "play ourselves out of a QB". That was never going to happen, nor was a 2 win season. Foolish to think that was going to happen. The fact that there is likely going to be no first round quarterback prospect when the 2nd overall pick is on the clock proves that this was a poor year to "root" against the team. Whether the team won one game or finishes with seven wins, doesn't look like it will matter in terms of a first round quarterback. Five meaningless wins? More like nine meaningless losses.

Though I look forward to the 2012 "Blow for Barkley", "Lay down for Landry" and "Quitten for Griffen" threads. [/sarcasm]

So you think it's foolish to think we would only win 2 games, at a point in the season when we were 0-7? :rolleyes2:

JCane
12-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I want the Colts' Karma. Franchise QB for 10 years.

Root for team to lose. Team loses.

Draft an even higher rated franchise QB for next 10 years.

Dominate.

Some Karma.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 03:50 PM
if we end up with the #7 pick there should be a premium talent available that someone would want to come up for i would think...but at the same time you trade out and you're losing that premium talent for yourself...and i hate the watered down quantity over quality mindset...i guess it depends on what falls to us...

but not using that pick on a qb hurts...hurts like a mo fo

IMO there's nothing watered down about Brandon Weeden's talent. His age makes his total value watered down, but you're not going to care about that until 6 years down the road. If trading down is the best and only way to justify getting Brandon Weeden, then you do it.

But that's not going to happen. If Barkley, Griffin and Jones all return to school, and if trading up for Luck becomes an impossibility, expect Ryan Tannehill to be our draft pick at #7 overall.

LordPicklewagon
I want the Colts' Karma. Franchise QB for 10 years.

Root for team to lose. Team loses.

Draft an even higher rated franchise QB for next 10 years.

Dominate.

Some Karma.

yep.....colts fans were rooting harder for loses than we were. Wish we had that karma. I just pray we dont pull a Kevin Kolb in acquiring matt flynn

Nublar7
So you think it's foolish to think we would only win 2 games, at a point in the season when we were 0-7? :rolleyes2:The "throw the season" talks date back to July, not just after the 0-7 start.

Believe me, I will be absolutely thrilled if the reports are wrong and Barkley announces he is entering the draft. Absolutely thrilled. Though I always knew there was a strong chance these juniors could all return to college and there be basically nothing in the first round QB wise.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
It's crappy all the way around because if Pauline is right and Barkley, Griffin and Landry Jones all stay in school then it pushes up Weeden's value considerably. Can you cound on getting him in the 2nd round anymore? There will be evaluators that evaluate him as the 2nd best quarterback in the Draft. How do you count on that in the 2nd round?

i don't know ck...i mean i think he's a 1st round physical talent but i mean that age thing...its a hard one to figure out...very hard...personally i still think teams will pass on him in the first cause of the age...i do...but i think its a whole lot more possible if all these damn kids stay in school...and this draft qb class takes a significant hit unless these other underclassmen declare...hell it takes a hit with matt barkley not in it...a big one imo

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:54 PM
The "throw the season" talks date back to July, not just after the 0-7 start.

Believe me, I will be absolutely thrilled if the reports are wrong and Barkley announces he is entering the draft. Absolutely thrilled. Though I always knew there was a strong chance these juniors could all return to college and there be basically nothing in the first round QB wise.

thats called seeing the way this offseason unfolded and some of us seeing the writing on the wall...i specifically recall barring us upgrading the qb position ck myslef and others telling you guys with this lame duck head coach etc that this team would be lucky to win 6 damn games...and sure enough

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I'd take a flyer on Tannehill FWIW

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Lol .....crazy thought.........trade back in the first and pick up another second and get Weeden, Dwayne Allen and Fleener.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 03:56 PM
IMO there's nothing watered down about Brandon Weeden's talent. His age makes his total value watered down, but you're not going to care about that until 6 years down the road. If trading down is the best and only way to justify getting Brandon Weeden, then you do it.

But that's not going to happen. If Barkley, Griffin and Jones all return to school, and if trading up for Luck becomes an impossibility, expect Ryan Tannehill to be our draft pick at #7 overall.

that kids a high end physical talent but is it me or does he throw too many damn picks even in the college game??? i guess you're saying that one way or another miami WILL use its top pick on a qb this april...come hell or high water

datruth55
12-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Lol .....crazy thought.........trade back in the first and pick up another second and get Weeden, Dwayne Allen and Fleener.
I wouldn't mind trading out of the first entirely and picking up a first for next year. Looks like that draft may be stacked with QBs we could trade up for.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
that kids a high end physical talent but is it me or does he throw too many damn picks even in the college game??? i guess you're saying that one way or another miami WILL use its top pick on a qb this april...come hell or high water

JMO from the A&M games I saw, but he had a lot of picks that came from either WRs tipping a pass in the air, or getting a case of the alligator arms. He's had some overthrows, but he does have nice timing and high intelligence.

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm not saying I'd be in love with the pick. He's a good project player but a project at #7 overall seems hard to swallow especially if you can get someone that's flat out better on the football field (Weeden).

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM
If there's no possibility of Luck, depending on who comes out, I'd be interested in Wilson, Weeden and Tannehill. But I'd also explore trading down to garner another first next year as well.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not saying I'd be in love with the pick. He's a good project player but a project at #7 overall seems hard to swallow especially if you can get someone that's flat out better on the football field (Weeden).

would you say the same projecting tannehill 7 years from now though given the difference in age etc??? see to me when comparing weeden to other qb prospects because of his age at least i am trying to envision where i can see guys relative where weeden is right now 7 years in the future...which further muddys the waters for me

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Almost all but set in stone, Pete Thamel is reporting Barkley told teammates he will be returning.

Cumar
12-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't mind trading out of the first entirely and picking up a first for next year. Looks like that draft may be stacked with QBs we could trade up for.

Hell, why not do both. Trade back to the late first or out completely. Pick up a 1st next year, maybe another 2nd this year, draft Tannenhill or Weeden in the 2nd if you believe in either one. I can guarantee you that Weeden will NOT be a 1st round pick this year. I would even be a little surprised if he is an early 2nd. Not to say I wouldn't take him in the 2nd if we hadn't got a QB yet, but from what I have seen, this guy is projected anywhere from the late 2nd all the way into the 5th.

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Almost all but set in stone, Pete Thamel is reporting Barkley told teammates he will be returning.

Who cares. All i know is a couple of years from now im going to be sitting back cherishing and relishing those victories we had against the bills, skins and chiefs from this year. Franchise QBs come and go but those 5 win seasons are a lifetime of wonderful memories.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Who cares. All i know is a couple of years from now im going to be sitting back cherishing and relishing in those victories we had against the bills, skins and chiefs from this year. Franchise QBs come and go but those 5 win seasons are a lifetime of wonderful memories.

come on now...all those 7 win seasons are priceless also...

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Who cares. All i know is a couple of years from now im going to be sitting back cherishing and relishing in those victories we had against the bills, skins and chiefs from this year. Franchise QBs come and go but those 5 win seasons are a lifetime of wonderful memories.Losing more games wouldn't have made Barkley leave school. Losing accomplished nothing.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:22 PM
here's the concern with the trade out mindset...most teams that have high picks and want to trade up will be coming up for a qb...if its not there the ones who are gonna come to you with offers are the contenders looking to rape you of a top 10 talent for their 1st this year in the mid 20's and a first next year which again becomes a late pick cause their already year in year out contenders...you have a top 10 pick now...even if you did trade out to a team who isn't very good there's no guarantee you get back in the top 10 the following year in the trade...i'm torn on the trade out thing cause like i said...usually if you're in the top 10-12 range you are guaranteeing yourself a premium talent...and god knows we could use some more of those...

datruth55
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Hell, why not do both. Trade back to the late first or out completely. Pick up a 1st next year, maybe another 2nd this year, draft Tannenhill or Weeden in the 2nd if you believe in either one. I can guarantee you that Weeden will NOT be a 1st round pick this year. I would even be a little surprised if he is an early 2nd. Not to say I wouldn't take him in the 2nd if we hadn't got a QB yet, but from what I have seen, this guy is projected anywhere from the late 2nd all the way into the 5th.

I wouldn't make that guarantee...not if Barkley, RGIII and Landry Jones all head back to school. I never though Tebow would go in the 1st. Last year we had Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder all gone by pick 12. The new rookie salary cap makes it less risky to take a QB and a lot of teams are still QB needy.

Personally I don't see Weeden going in the first but it may be slim pickens and someone might just take that chance on him late in the first round. Luck is the obvious #1 overall pick, after that it's as clear as mud.

silverfin
12-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Fins will most likely finish 5-11. The only team picking above Miami at the moment which is likely to take a QB is Washington. Fins last two games are against New England and the Jets. Washington play Minnesota (2-12) and Philly (6-8). The Redskins will be 6-9 next week after they've beaten the Vikings. The fins losing the last two will have them picking 6/7. I'm willing to bet that Andrew Luck is the only QB taken at that point. RGIII will be on the board at least.

A lot can happen between now and April. Relax.

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 04:28 PM
here's the concern with the trade out mindset...most teams that have high picks and want to trade up will be coming up for a qb...if its not there the ones who are gonna come to you with offers are the contenders looking to rape you of a top 10 talent for their 1st this year in the mid 20's and a first next year which again becomes a late pick cause their already year in year out contenders...you have a top 10 pick now...even if you did trade out to a team who isn't very good there's no guarantee you get back in the top 10 the following year in the trade...i'm torn on the trade out thing cause like i said...usually if you're in the top 10-12 range you are guaranteeing yourself a premium talent...and god knows we could use some more of those...

I think theres a little bit of a chance we wind up with a top 6 pick. The redskins play Minny this week and the carolina/TB game should help us one way or another. If by some miracle we are in a position to take Claiborne, I say just take him and run. Who would of thought 5 weeks ago that Buffalo would be picking ahead of us. Sigh

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:32 PM
i don't think even at #6 we're sniffing claiborne...unless he runs a # like in the 4.5's he's goin top 5...just lookin at the teams likely in front of us someones pulling the trigger on that kid...

and the only way we should be looking to make a move up is for a qb...if its not qb definitely don't pay the price to move up

Nublar7
12-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Fins will most likely finish 5-11. The only team picking above Miami at the moment which is likely to take a QB is Washington. Fins last two games are against New England and the Jets. Washington play Minnesota (2-12) and Philly (6-8). The Redskins will be 6-9 next week after they've beaten the Vikings. The fins losing the last two will have them picking 6/7. I'm willing to bet that Andrew Luck is the only QB taken at that point. RGIII will be on the board at least.

A lot can happen between now and April. Relax.RGIII and Landry Jones are expected to return to school also.

elite14eva
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
he's staying http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/224367/report-usc-qb-barkley-staying-in-school

LordPicklewagon
12-22-2011, 04:39 PM
i don't think even at #6 we're sniffing claiborne...unless he runs a # like in the 4.5's he's goin top 5...just lookin at the teams likely in front of us someones pulling the trigger on that kid...

and the only way we should be looking to make a move up is for a qb...if its not qb definitely don't pay the price to move up

Yep. I can see way too many teams who might draft a CB. TB and Carolina being two of them. This sucks. What are your thoughts on Alshon Jeffery and do you think a top 8 pick is too early for Kirkpatrick?

Blake the great
12-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Brock Osweiler could pounce on the opportunity and come out. If he did I would take him with our 1st round pick. Way too much talent to ignore.

How good is Brock Osweiler? Ive never heard or seen the kid play? any comparisons?

tay0365
12-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Apparently Barkley called Leinart, Palmer, Sanchez, Cassel, Luck, Manning, Tebow and McCoy. 7/8 essentially saying go back for senior year.

Bad decision if he is going with the opinion of Leinart (Who had a chance at #1 overall, and blew it by staying), Palmer and Cassel(Two guys that don't not need any more competition at QB for thier services), Sanchez, Tebow, or McCoy ( Barkley could go to a rival, or Maybe their own team takes a shot by trading up) Luck (not wanting someone that may realistically take that Ovarall #1 position from him depending on combines and word of mouth), or Manning (Who had to force a trade not to go to a team he did not want to go to).

He now looks to be an easy bet to be a top 10 pick at the very least, and a very realistically good chance of being a top 5 pick. He goes back to USC, he risk not only not being able to duplicate the awesome year he had this year,but maybe even having a bad year, and he could on top of that get injured with not having his protection in Kalil protecting his blindside.

Cumar
12-22-2011, 04:45 PM

Tell that to the Jaguars fans (Tyson Alualu, 10th pick in 2010, Derrick Harvey, 8th pick in 2008)
Or Chiefs fans (Tyson Jackson, 3rd pick in 2009 - 2 career sacks; Glenn Dorsey, 5th pick in 2008 - 4 career sacks)
Or Buffalo fans (Maybin, 11th pick in 2009)
Or Denver fans (Knowshon, 12th pick in 2009)
Or Cincy fans (Keith Rivers, 9th pick in 2008)
Or Miami fans (Ginn, 9th pick in 2007) - Oh, wait a minute, that's us.

I know you were saying usually you are going to get a top talent and I agree. More just busting your horns. There definitely has been some major busts though in the last few years in the Top 12 picks and unfortunately we were on that end in 2007. I just hope like hell we don't screw this years early 1st rounder up.

Hard to believe Jacksonville and KC are still able to field a team considering how bad they muffed picks in the early 1st in 2 of 3 years.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
here's a question...does miami consider taking trent richardson with our top pick??? he's quite the physical specimen and i bet he's gonna run in the late 4.4's and god knows he's a downhill punisher...not quite the prospect ap was imo but pretty darn close when you look at the size speed and physicality he brings

Cumar
12-22-2011, 04:47 PM

A lot can happen between now and April. Relax.

Probably safe to say the Browns will pick ahead of us and in my opinion have about a 60/40 shot at taking RGIII if he comes out.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Tell that to the Jaguars fans (Tyson Alualu, 10th pick in 2010, Derrick Harvey, 8th pick in 2008)
Or Chiefs fans (Tyson Jackson, 3rd pick in 2009 - 2 career sacks; Glenn Dorsey, 5th pick in 2008 - 4 career sacks)
Or Buffalo fans (Maybin, 11th pick in 2009)
Or Denver fans (Knowshon, 12th pick in 2009)
Or Cincy fans (Keith Rivers, 9th pick in 2008)
Or Miami fans (Ginn, 9th pick in 2007) - Oh, wait a minute, that's us.

I know you were saying usually you are going to get a top talent and I agree. More just busting your horns. There definitely has been some major busts though in the last few years in the Top 12 picks and unfortunately we were on that end in 2007. I just hope like hell we don't screw this years early 1st rounder up.

Hard to believe Jacksonville and KC are still able to field a team considering how bad they muffed picks in the early 1st in 2 of 3 years.

well it goes without sayin you got to know what you're doing with those top picks and i'll say forever that dorsey was drafted for the wrong system...to me he was and still is a 43 dt all the way...i don't understand what the chiefs were/are thinking with him at end in a 34...never will

miami234ever
12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Barkley's Press Conference:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://B78066D5-27BC-4BDE-B8B2-26B2ADE237A9/lebron-espnjpg-9ccfe49b1a193006_large.jpg

"I'm taking my talents to South Beach next season."

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Yep. I can see way too many teams who might draft a CB. TB and Carolina being two of them. This sucks. What are your thoughts on Alshon Jeffery and do you think a top 8 pick is too early for Kirkpatrick?

no on kirkpatrick...underwhelmed me all season...jeffery right now for me i say no but i need to look at more...and i'm not sure i see the value for us in a wr that high anyways...i'm more in the qb edge pass rusher mold...but lately i've also been considering trent richardson but its probably not the right play given our situation either

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:54 PM
How good is Brock Osweiler? Ive never heard or seen the kid play? any comparisons?

he's playin tonight against boise at 8pm on espn...set the dvr or take a look

Cumar
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
no on kirkpatrick...underwhelmed me all season...jeffery right now for me i say no but i need to look at more...and i'm not sure i see the value for us in a wr that high anyways...i'm more in the qb edge pass rusher mold...but lately i've also been considering trent richardson but its probably not the right play given our situation either

I think we have to go QB or OLB considering the lack of top tier talent at safety. Those are the three big positions that need to be addressed this year and for a QB and OLB, the really good one's are usually found in the draft. You won't find teams letting either go easily in FA or via trade.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM

Still pretty raw as he was initially going to go to Gonzaga on a basketball scholarship. He's 6'8 240 with a strong arm and decent mobility. I don't really see this comparison, but one website said he's potentially a bigger Phillip Rivers.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
well it goes without sayin you got to know what you're doing with those top picks and i'll say forever that dorsey was drafted for the wrong system...to me he was and still is a 43 dt all the way...i don't understand what the chiefs were/are thinking with him at end in a 34...never will

Dorsey WAS drafted for a 4-3 DT, and he struggled badly as a rookie. They switched to a 3-4 the next year and I guess he showed promise early but those knees just aren't holding up as a 3-4 DE.

Probably safe to say the Browns will pick ahead of us and in my opinion have about a 60/40 shot at taking RGIII if he comes out.

I'm still betting heavily that the Browns are going to ride with Colt McCoy one more year and use their picks to get him some explosive weapons. Colt, when healthy, has shown good ability but the Browns don't have gamebreakers

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
I think we have to go QB or OLB considering the lack of top tier talent at safety. Those are the three big positions that need to be addressed this year and for a QB and OLB, the really good one's are usually found in the draft. You won't find teams letting either go easily in FA or via trade.

yeah...i think thats the right play...qb or olb...there's definitely no safety worth talkin about with a top 10 pick...but richardsons physical package speed for a man that size is pretty damn rare...thats all i'm sayin

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 04:59 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if by this time next year I'm talking about Brock Osweiler as the #1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. That's how good he is. I'm a Barkley fan but Osweiler's package of physical tools is too ridiculous to ignore. He's 6'7" and holds a very solid weight, and yet he moves around like a fast basketball player. If he were a Tight End prospect you'd draft him in the mid rounds at least, even if he'd not caught a single ball in college.

He's more than an athlete though. He can throw the ball all over the field from inside the pocket, with tremendous arm strength. Pocket throwing has become his strong suit, to such a degree that now people are wondering if he's capable of running around and playing some playground football...which is ironic because I believe when he came from high school that was more his schtick. He can do both, but his feel for being a balanced player that can hurt you with any number of his immense tools is not yet fully developed...nor is his arm. He's not a professional thrower of the football yet...just a talented one.

But he's going to stay in school for another year and by this time next year I wouldn't be surprised if I'm lobbying for him to go #1 overall above Barkley.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Dorsey WAS drafted for a 4-3 DT, and he struggled badly as a rookie. They switched to a 3-4 the next year and I guess he showed promise early but those knees just aren't holding up as a 3-4 DE.

I'm still betting heavily that the Browns are going to ride with Colt McCoy one more year and use their picks to get him some explosive weapons. Colt, when healthy, has shown good ability but the Browns don't have gamebreakers

i don't ever think you should be making a guy who's 6 ft 1 a 34 de...that just makes no sense to me...as for the colts if its not qb its probably trent richardson imo

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
he's playin tonight against boise at 8pm on espn...set the dvr or take a look

W00T!!! I forgot it was tonight! Thanks for the reminder!!!!

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM
osweilers got a lot of big ben in him to me...i don't know if he'll be as hard to get to the ground as big ben has been...that guys like a damn oak tree but i see some similarities

phinsheat
12-22-2011, 05:06 PM
1 more year of waiting for qb.This sucks.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:06 PM
yep...well there it is...kid says he's fully ready to play in the nfl but he's stayin at usc...he said he prayed about it....what about my prayers lord???

dagnabit

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Barkley makes it official he's staying. Basically just sounds like he wants that chance at a title.

Tyler Wilson and Osweiler have their decisions become a bit more interesting

mrbunglez
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Brock Osweiler is a big SOAB with a live arm, I hope he declares for the draft this yr.
Otherwise trade the damn farm to move up and pick up Luck.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
spare me lane kiffen with the loyalty speel...tell that to the university of tennessee

PAT13
12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Matt Barclay will return to USC next year according to PROFOOTBALLTALK

Kistner10
Lol bittersweet moment for me, I would love seeing Barkley in a Miami jersey next year. But as a USC fan, I'm excited for the chance for a National Championship run next year.

tay0365

Perspective.

I'm hoping for 6 this week, and especially hope next week we get another.....I root for Miami to win games, not to lose to get in position to maybe get a better player.

ckparrothead
It was a well crafted speech designed to specifically allay fears over this decision being in any way similar to Matt Leinart's decision. Barkley is going to finish his degree and begin working on his masters. He just wants to finish what he started. He does have 10x more excuse to come back than Leinart did...and 10x more excuse to come back than Griffin, IMO.

uga3406
12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
This whole press conference was a shame. Give me a break, they had the entire band their too...what bs

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
tell the truth matt...it was visions of all those so cal coeds dancing in your head that made you decide to stay...

uga3406
12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
It was a well crafted speech designed to specifically allay fears over this decision being in any way similar to Matt Leinart's decision. Barkley is going to finish his degree and begin working on his masters. He just wants to finish what he started. He does have 10x more excuse to come back than Leinart did...and 10x more excuse to come back than Griffin, IMO.

Yada Yada Yada... I don't wanna hear the bs about school--it's a fouckin joke....who honestly bought that bs? No one

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:22 PM
oh well...prayers not answered...again

:tubes:

Canadi-Phin
12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Now I hope we beat NE and the Jets, give someone else number #1 seed and Jets out of the playoffs. We aren't getting Luck so we should hurt the others in our division. Boooooo Barkley. Maybe Wedeen in the 2nd. GIve us 6-8 years is not a bad thing. Go get another guy opposite Wake at the 11 spot

tay0365
12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Alot of shortsightedness here. Im sure there a few posters who are happy Barkley is staying so they can beat their chest and say i told you so. Yay. We have 5 wins and still dont have a franchise qb. It all started with the Luck wont come out to play for us rhetoric. Glad im not that type of fan

Actually it's more of the losers mentality that the SFL crowd showed that was very imbarassing. For a few month many in the NFL were laughing at some of our fans, and Dolphin players/Coaches felt imbarassed that actual fans would prefer to lose just for a chance at a QB that MIGHT be as good as advertised.

Ben Had
12-22-2011, 05:30 PM
oh well...prayers not answered...again

:tubes:

I disagree...they may have been answered.

PATSSUCK
12-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm hoping for 6 this week, and especially hope next week we get another.....I root for Miami to win games, not to lose to get in position to maybe get a better player. 7-9 woooooooohooooo. Dream big. Give me a ****en break.

PATSSUCK
12-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Actually it's more of the losers mentality that the SFL crowd showed that was very imbarassing. For a few month many in the NFL were laughing at some of our fans, and Dolphin players/Coaches felt imbarassed that actual fans would prefer to lose just for a chance at a QB that MIGHT be as good as advertised. There is nothing EMBARRASING about wanting a better team.

hooshoops
12-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I disagree...they may have been answered.

you know you can't just leave it like that...explain

PATSSUCK
12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Weeden it is then...... Meh.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I turn my attention to Wilson.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 05:46 PM
rumors circulating around Twitter are that Wilson, Osweiler, Aaron Murray, and Geno Smith are all heavily considering declaring for the draft.

tay0365
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
There is nothing EMBARRASING about wanting a better team.

And an 0-17 team, getting a QB that may or may not be the next elite QB will guarantee a better team? Really? I want to see my team play for now,this moment where they CAN control what happens, not hope to get in position of a draft to pick player, and and hope he lives up to people's expectations.

WelcomeBack
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
rumors circulating around Twitter are that Wilson, Osweiler, Aaron Murray, and Geno Smith are all heavily considering declaring for the draft.

I would too. Just opened it up, especially if they feel they are better NFL quarterbacks than Griffin and Jones.

Kdawg954
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Not a surprise that he is staying, but I really wanted this kid in play for the upcomming draft.

Is Aaron Murray gonna think about jumping?

ckparrothead
12-22-2011, 06:29 PM

As far as Murray is concerned I am about 95% certain he has already come right out and all but swore, publicly, that he's a Georgia Bulldog next year. It would take a Saban-level feat of treachery for him to change his mind, IMO...and I don't think he's got that in him.

I'm not interested in Geno Smith.

Brock Osweiler and Tyler Wilson interest me. I'll have to dig in on them some more.

ChambersWI
12-22-2011, 06:39 PM
As far as Murray is concerned I am about 95% certain he has already come right out and all but swore, publicly, that he's a Georgia Bulldog next year. It would take a Saban-level feat of treachery for him to change his mind, IMO...and I don't think he's got that in him.

I'm not interested in Geno Smith.

Brock Osweiler and Tyler Wilson interest me. I'll have to dig in on them some more.

I guess a bunch of coaches and teammates are encouraging Murray to atleast meet with the advisory board.

ry-dbar
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I just instantly went from really liking Barkley, too... not liking him so much.

phintim
12-29-2011, 12:01 AM
In theory if we had taken Tim Tbow and were winning with his style of power football everyone would be singing praises of Tony Sporano and Ireland of sticking with their run first style and NOT buying into the latest style of passing the football in the NFL. Of course that did not happen. I just point it out that all is not as it always appears. Just something to consider.
This years draft is differnt than past drafts and with the new NFL rookie caps makes it much safer to draft a QB in the first round than in years past. If you missed at that position in past drafts you paid very dearly not just because of the wasted draft pick but because of financial hit to the franchise. So regardless of everything else that is a very big reason I would approve of us drafting a QB in the first round and taking the gamble more so this year than in past drafts.
Really very few of the rookies would have played as well as Matt Moore this year but you have the upside of a rookie QB.
You also consider on the other side of the coin that this team was built this year to win deep into the play offs in theory so those 5 wins only carry so much meaning. Either this team is not that talented or was not coached well.
I tend to lean toward the latter even though I liked Tony Sporano as a person I believe we have at least a 10-6 talent team even with Matt Moore at QB.
Now maybe a 10-6 team is not good enough for most fans but I will take it. That does not mean that I would not draft a QB this year in the first round but it does mean I believe that we are a couple of tweaks away from a 10-6 record this year if we had another pass rusher and with much better offensive line play.
In hind sight which is 20/20 the wild cat had as much to do with putting us in this position than anything else. It made us believe we were much better than what we were and we tried to get by with a bandaide instead of what we really needed "stiches". If we go 3-5 wins that first year and 7-9 the next year as I expected then the pressure to pick a better QB would have been greater.