PDA

View Full Version : Stoops Thinks Jones will Return

Hayden Fox
12-23-2011, 01:39 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/12/oklahoma-landry-jones-nfl-draft-bob-stoops-return/1

hooshoops
12-23-2011, 01:56 PM
good...no thanks on chad henne all over again

Austin Tatious
12-23-2011, 02:12 PM
This would be great news. I hope its true. I don't want another "slow processing" guy in South Florida.

BigNastyDB13
12-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Bad news for OU fans. I know a few who would assume he declare.

ckparrothead
12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't see how it's good news. Even if Miami wasn't going to take him it still crowds out the guys that Miami will/should be interested in. Landry's returning to school pushes up the value of a guy like Brandon Weeden and that's not a good thing.

MiamiDolfan85
12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
good for him,cause he's no where near ready......

Kistner10
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
It's good because I don't want the Dolphins to end up picking him. Weeden will still be there in the 2nd or 3rd so we'll be ok.

Locke
12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
It's good because I don't want the Dolphins to end up picking him. Weeden will still be there in the 2nd or 3rd so we'll be ok.

Hopefully, but I wouldn't bank on it. I could see him going late first. The Eagles took a 26 year old guard near the end of the first round. Considering that, I don't see how anyone would be surprised to see a 28 year old QB go in the same area. In fact, considering the value placed on the QB position, I could see him going higher than that. We may have to take him in round 1 if we want him...

Kistner10
12-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Hopefully, but I wouldn't bank on it. I could see him going late first. The Eagles took a 26 year old guard near the end of the first round. Considering that, I don't see how anyone would be surprised to see a 28 year old QB go in the same area. In fact, considering the value placed on the QB position, I could see him going higher than that. We may have to take him in round 1 if we want him...

I think people on this board over estimate Weeden a bit. Most of the draft reports I saw yesterday said it helps Tannehill, Cousins, and Foles and made no mention of Weeden. Weeden will be there in round 2.

Locke
12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I think people on this board over estimate Weeden a bit. Most of the draft reports I saw yesterday said it helps Tannehill, Cousins, and Foles and made no mention of Weeden. Weeden will be there in round 2.

I don't think so. In fact, I think the guys is too quickly cast aside because of his age by fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts to round 2, but I can guarantee he doesn't make it to round 3. In the end, I'm betting he goes round 1 though. Too many teams still need QBs, and we are down to Luck and maybe RG3 as far as bonafide 1st rounders go. If RG3 goes back to school, we're going to be left with Luck. That means other QBs who weren't first rounders before will slide up team's boards...

Phinglish
12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
If Weeden is there with our 2nd rounder...

A) I'll eat a hat.
B) We've struck gold.