PDA

View Full Version : Our QB really could be Landry Jones

fastball83
12-24-2011, 07:55 AM
I think all topic about trade up or trade for peyton are not reality but "madden move".

however, with our pick we could really be in position to draft Landry Jones ( luck and giffrin will be picked before) and frankly I don't see why we should kill our future years draft pick why we could pick Landry and keep our next pick.

I saw this guy in 2 games and he seems very poised and accurate .......he keep his calm in the pocket .......so yes it's not luck but he really could be a very veryg QB and if we can grab another solid WR in the sond or third round .......I am all for that.

Opinions

MLQ
12-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Last night, ESPN had a scroll that said Coach Stoops believes that Landry will be back at Oklahoma next year. Take it for what it's worth.

Hayden Fox
12-24-2011, 08:12 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/12/oklahoma-landry-jones-nfl-draft-bob-stoops-return/1

I do not think he is an option this year.

Ryan1973
12-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Last night, ESPN had a scroll that said Coach Stoops believes that Landry will be back at Oklahoma next year. Take it for what it's worth.

I believe Landry Jones is a senior and has to come out. I am not a fan of his though.

Mr. Day
12-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Landry Jones reminds me of Matt Cassell. I don't want him.

Hayden Fox
12-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Landry Jones is not a SR. He is a red shirt JR.

fastball83
12-24-2011, 09:16 AM
If Jones stay in school after barkley, and with Griffin not sure about his desire to play in NFL, .............what could have been a heavy QB draft class is becoming a poor QB class or it's just my opinion ?

Rugby
12-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Landry Jones reminds me of Matt Cassell. I don't want him.

I agree as bad as our QB situation is, I say pass on this guy. But what I see happening is Ireland takes him, and then will pass on a Barkley type next year because he thinks he has the next great one, but actually has the next Henne.......I can see this happening. We really need Ireland GONE !

Rugby
12-24-2011, 09:24 AM
If Jones stay in school after barkley, and with Griffin not sure about his desire to play in NFL, .............what could have been a heavy QB draft class is becoming a poor QB class or it's just my opinion ?

very true

2413fanphins
12-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Landry jones will be better than henne. If he comes out this year he will need to sit IMO. I think stoops already knows he's staying put though

fastball83
12-24-2011, 09:29 AM
so if we go QB because ireland have pressure to take one, who that could be ?

LANGER72
12-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Landry Jones is the best QB after Luck, and RGIII this year. No question about it.
Why all the Henne quacks and comparisons? These guys are two different men. That is like saying Vince Young is Michael Vick.
He has a strong arm, prototype size with some athleticism, and he is a winner from a big program.
The only knock is that he played poorly in a couple of big games. The truth is whole team played poorly.
I hope he is over looked and we get a chance to draft him. It looks like we will not get to take Luck, Barkley, or RGIII.
Moore can continue to start while he is groomed to take over in a couple of years.
Weeden is too old, and all of the other QB's in this draft are either too small, weak armed, poor progression, lock on to receiver projects.
The talent really drops after Jones. If we can't get him, he had better pass on QB this year.

Gordykr
12-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Wouldn't be upset if we take Landry Jones but not if were drafting 6-10 . trade back to mid round then take BPA , picking up another 2nd in the process. If Jones is BPA for our needs then so be it ....

2413fanphins
12-24-2011, 11:06 AM
landry jones is in a lot of mocks that I have seen in the top 10.

I think todd mcshay has him at 12 overall... although I am NOT positive.

I like landry. I agree with langer, let him sit a year, maybe two and we should have something.

I agree weeden is old, but I'd take blackmon and weeden over landry jones everytime. Even if I only get 6 years out of weeden.

blackmon won't fall, but there should be a stud available at 6ish, where I think we will land. take a stud, get lucky and get weeden... watch for aaron murray in 2 or 3 years.

Vaark
12-24-2011, 11:26 AM
What a shame! All this hand-wringing conjectural mental masturbation would have been avoided if Ireland would have snatched up Mallett as the buy of the century in the 2nd or early 3rd round. With the exception of Weeden, without factoring in his age, Mallett looks at least as good and probably better than all the choices beyond the top3!

DefensiveEnd76
12-24-2011, 11:29 AM
The thing that irritates me about Jones is that he makes some real boneheaded throws at inopportune times. He does remind me of Henne too much.

Bradysgay
12-24-2011, 11:30 AM
What a shame! All this hand-wringing conjectural mental masturbation would have been avoided if Ireland would have snatched up Mallett as the buy of the century in the 2nd or early 3rd round. With the exception of Weeden, without factoring in his age, Mallett looks at least as good and probably better than all the choices beyond the top3!

Amen!!!

The Confessor
12-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I was his biggest supporter going into this season.

I would not waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on Landry Jones at this juncture. He has LOTS of learning to do, and is limited in his approach IMHO. He was in a win-win situation at OU, and still found ways to lose.
Watched him look like a High School Junior against a pretty bad Texas Tech team. No thanks, not at this point in his career.....

allsilverdreams
12-24-2011, 11:40 AM
please for the love of god nooooooooooooooo

2413fanphins
12-24-2011, 11:41 AM
landry jones lost his best receiver... i think if you watched the games he struggled in, it was painfully obvious he was trying to do too much...

I like the kid as a prospect. He has first round talent in my opinion, he's just a first rounder that should probably sit a year. I'm fine with that, so long as matt moore can continue to play solid, if not, I'm afraid we don't have time to sit a kid, unless we can all accept the fact that next year is a growing year.

hooshoops
12-24-2011, 11:43 AM
bout time you saw the light confessor...hell no on landry jones

The Confessor
12-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Meh, only thing a Mallet is good for is pounding round pegs into square holes or visa versa.

Glad we stayed the hell away!!!!

The Confessor
12-24-2011, 11:44 AM
landry jones lost his best receiver... i think if you watched the games he struggled in, it was painfully obvious he was trying to do too much...

I like the kid as a prospect. He has first round talent in my opinion, he's just a first rounder that should probably sit a year. I'm fine with that, so long as matt moore can continue to play solid, if not, I'm afraid we don't have time to sit a kid, unless we can all accept the fact that next year is a growing year.

He also lost his walk-on RB.

I live in the heart of Sooner Country. I saw each and every game. He lost his Receiver at the very tail end of the season. It had nothing to do with the abysmal games I watched. The kid has miles to go!!!!

Casas9425
12-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Landry Jones is a much better quarterback than what he showed his last few games, his team was crippled by injuries.

The Confessor
12-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Landry Jones is a much better quarterback than what he showed his last few games, his team was crippled by injuries.

He was below average from week 1. I have stood up for him tall, he was NOT good at any juncture this season, and he had more weapons around him than most in the Country.

He could still become All-World, hell, it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back, and win the Heisman next year.....but he was never very good this season.....at all.

hooshoops
12-24-2011, 11:53 AM
i said it before i'll say it again...you could watch a half of landry jones game tape this season and see a minimum of 3 late throws and throws into coverage...minimum...

i've already had a qb who couldn't anticipate or throw guys open threw into coverage or threw late...i don't need another one...no thanks on chad henne all over again...not to mention he's a statue

The Confessor
12-24-2011, 11:57 AM
i said it before i'll say it again...you could watch a half of landry jones game tape this season and see a minimum of 3 late throws and throws into coverage...minimum...

i've already had a qb who couldn't anticipate or throw guys open threw into coverage or threw late...i don't need another one...no thanks on chad henne all over again...not to mention he's a statue

I DONT agree on the statue part. That was one of the very few shining points Landry had. I saw him dance almost like Matt Moore and avoid sacks on a weekly basis...only to throw late or into coverage :lol:

hooshoops
12-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I DONT agree on the statue part. That was one of the very few shining points Landry had. I saw him dance almost like Matt Moore and avoid sacks on a weekly basis...only to throw late or into coverage :lol:

well we'll just have to agree to disagree just like we did when you rolled out that demarco murray may be the best back to ever come out of oklahoma gem...over even adrian peterson... :lol:

The Confessor
12-24-2011, 12:07 PM
well we'll just have to agree to disagree just like we did when you rolled out that demarco murray may be the best back to ever come out of oklahoma gem...over even adrian peterson... :lol:

Well, I mostly pointed to the fact that he has the numbers to be the best back to ever come out of OU, including AP.

We will have to see how that one plays itself out. Unfortunate for him, but fortunate for everybody else he's done for the year.

He not only broke many of AP's numbers at OU, he was SHATTERING records of Tony Dorsett and Smemmett here in Dallas.

vagrantprodigy
12-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I really don't want Jones.

hooshoops
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Well, I mostly pointed to the fact that he has the numbers to be the best back to ever come out of OU, including AP.

We will have to see how that one plays itself out. Unfortunate for him, but fortunate for everybody else he's done for the year.

He not only broke many of AP's numbers at OU, he was SHATTERING records of Tony Dorsett and Smemmett here in Dallas.

you should be drawn and quartered for that one...and what did i tell ya about demarco...kid can't stay healthy...he'll never hold up taking the kind of contact he was taking this year...never