PDA

View Full Version : lessons from today

Generic Name
12-24-2011, 10:11 PM
We need more pass rushers, especially another OLB. the difference in the game was first half we harrassed brady, second half not at all

We need a seam busting TE like the 2 the Pats have. i dont think we can wait until round 3 to get one

I love what Hartline brings but I'm thinking if they could possibly get Blackmon or Floyd they'd be a great #2 WR and a replacement for Marshall when he leaves or gets suspended or whatever

The Oline needs reinforcements not wholesale changes. John Jerry is good enough to start on the right side. Columbo is not

PortFin
12-24-2011, 11:53 PM
We need more pass rushers, especially another OLB. the difference in the game was first half we harrassed brady, second half not at all

We need a seam busting TE like the 2 the Pats have. i dont think we can wait until round 3 to get one

I love what Hartline brings but I'm thinking if they could possibly get Blackmon or Floyd they'd be a great #2 WR and a replacement for Marshall when he leaves or gets suspended or whatever

The Oline needs reinforcements not wholesale changes. John Jerry is good enough to start on the right side. Columbo is not

I think we need all of those things, however I think Ross will press Ireland into taking the best available quarterback in the 1st; or more likely, doing our best to move up to get one. We have a few holes and it would be great to be able to fill some of them, but ultimately Ross will have the most say in what happens with them. Which I think will be quarterback.

Blackmon would be painful to pass up though!

hooshoops
12-25-2011, 12:04 AM
the difference today was the qb position...that should be the lesson...moore missed throws where guys could make plays/move the chains a plenty today...good reads bad throws...might as well just have been bad reads bad throws...and the ball security at qb once again an issue...ball security ball placement and accuracy and accountability for the rush all showed their heads at qb today

PortFin
12-25-2011, 12:21 AM
hey, if there is a quarterback worth taking where we will be picking, I am all for it. I just don't want us taking a second tier QB in the top 10

hooshoops
12-25-2011, 12:22 AM
yeah well i say we go all in in an attempt to get up there for andrew luck...and i mean all in...

JRoX85
12-25-2011, 12:30 AM
I am all for trading our whole draft for a qb lol..

cdz12250
12-25-2011, 01:42 AM
I am all for trading our whole draft for a qb lol..

Coach Ditka, is that you?

PJack
12-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Coach Ditka, is that you?

I get the reference, but let's be clear here. We are talking about the best QB prospect in 15 years versus a very good RB. One can be argued as reasonable for a team that hasn't had a QB in over a decade vs. the other as ridiculous as it gets in a position commonly filled by 2nd/3rd day picks.

ChambersWI
12-25-2011, 02:19 AM
As much as I want to get a QB, and I do love Tannehill more than most, if Justin Blackmon is sitting there when out pick is up, putting him across from Marshall with Bess in the slot is enticing. Also allows Hartline to work on lesser CBs when he comes into the game.

PortFin
12-25-2011, 03:27 AM
yeah well i say we go all in in an attempt to get up there for andrew luck...and i mean all in...

I'm fine with going hard after Luck; but the Colts have to be willing to do it, and I'm not sure they will. There's a team that learned the hard way this year how valuable a great QB can be

BassFin
12-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I think Long and Fasano not playing makes things seem worse. They lost by 3 to a Patriots team playing at home for a first round bye. Healthier players, better coaching and better line play would've made this game a win.

That said, Moore is not the future. They need a franchise QB. I'm all for trading up to 3 1st round picks for Luck. Not sure that will be enough though. Maybe have to throw in a 3rd too. But I wouldn't trade up for anyone else.

I still have a feeling Peyton Manning will be in a Fins uniform next year.

SF Dolphin Fan
12-25-2011, 11:33 AM
That is so true. I think it will be hard to solve all the problems this year, but the biggest and most important one remains at quarterback. I love how Matt Moore has played. He is gutsy and a leader. He just isn't a franchise guy. If Miami can trade up for Andrew Luck I'm in as well. But it takes two teams to make a trade and, if I'm Indianapolis with an uncertain future ahead for Peyton Manning, I count my blessings that the team was so bad at the right time. The Dolphins may be in a tough spot for their #1 pick. Best qb available could be Ryan Tannehill and he would be a reach in the top 10. I don't think there's an elite pass rusher (top 10 anyways) this year. The second round could be really good to Miami, though, as Coby Fleener figures to be there as well as well as Vince Curry.

PortFin
12-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I want a franchise QB as much as anyone else, but would not be averse to Blackmon if he's still there and Luck/Griffin are gone. My best guess is we'll end up moving up for Griffin but giving away a hell of a lot more than what I would consider fair compensation because of the bidding that will go on for the pick. Quite frankly, I think Ireland is more desperate than most of the other GMs because I think he realizes his already shaky job security rides on him being successful at landing a QB. Ross will not let him escape the draft without one, in my opinion. Ross knows he needs a QB, obviously from a football standpoint (to win games) but also from a business standpoint (to sell tickets.) The stadium is pretty empty on home games. The regime has got to sell hope, and theres no better way to do that than to to bring in an elite QB who they can sell as the new face of the franchise, and a new era.

ANUFan
12-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Isn't there only 1 or maybe two lessons to take from the game

1) If you have a true QB you don't have to be perfect in every phase of the game you will always have a chance.
2) Competent coaching; that team is generating alot of pressure against us, how about we go to a spread offense to take away their strength?

ANUFan
12-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I think Long and Fasano not playing makes things seem worse. They lost by 3 to a Patriots team playing at home for a first round bye. Healthier players, better coaching and better line play would've made this game a win.

That said, Moore is not the future. They need a franchise QB. I'm all for trading up to 3 1st round picks for Luck. Not sure that will be enough though. Maybe have to throw in a 3rd too. But I wouldn't trade up for anyone else.

I still have a feeling Peyton Manning will be in a Fins uniform next year.

As nice as that sounds, for-whatever reason that makes me nervous! Just because of who we are, the Miami Dolphins, i can help but think we would end up getting the short end of that stick.

JEDIJ007
12-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I say all in for luck or stay and get blackmon if he falls.

PortFin
12-25-2011, 10:55 PM
As nice as that sounds, for-whatever reason that makes me nervous! Just because of who we are, the Miami Dolphins, i can help but think we would end up getting the short end of that stick.

I'd be nervous as hell after his neck injury. Pair that with his age and his best days are behind him.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-25-2011, 11:47 PM
we have many needs on this team.

one of those needs is a 2nd wr. bess and hartline are nice players, but they are better suited for 3-4 wrs, not a number 2. we need that guy opposite marshall who can make big plays down the field, strike fear in opponents.

like a bryant-austin combo, white-jones, like when the colts had harrison and wayne, we need that type of guy. it hurts us so badly late in the games when we need a score, and teams know we need to pass and the only threat we have is marshall.

we also can use a tightend. get fleener from stanford.