PDA

View Full Version : GBN mock 12/22/11

jim1
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

It's hard to paste and copy data from this site, Colin has us taking UNC DE Quinton Coples at #9.

ROADRUNNER
12-25-2011, 01:47 PM
2012 FIRST-ROUND PROJECTION

December 22, 2011
* indicates underclassmen
p indicates projected trade

First round

Team

Player

POS

School

Indianapolis
*Andrew Luck

QB

Stanford

Minnesota

*Matt Kalil
OT

Southern California

St. Louis
*Justin Blackmon

WR
Oklahoma State

4P

Washington (from Jacksonville)
*Robert Griffin

QB

Baylor

Cleveland
*Trent Richardson
RB

Alabama

Tampa Bay
*Morris Claiborne
CB

LSU

7P

Jacksonville (from Washington)
Michael Floyd

WR
Notre Dame

Carolina

Devon Still

DT
Penn State

Miami
Quinton Coples
5T
North Carolina

Buffalo
*Riley Reiff
OT
Iowa

Philadelphia
*David DeCastro

OG

Stanford

Kansas City

*Jonathan Martin

OT
Stanford

Tennessee
*Alshon Jeffrey

WR
South Carolina

Arizona
Courtney Upshaw

LB

Alabama

Seattle

Kendall Wright

WR

Baylor

San Diego

*Dre Kirkpatrick

CB
Alabama

Cincinnati (from Oakland)

*Dontari Poe
DT
Memphis

NY Giants

Alfonzo Dennard

CB

Nebraska

Chicago

Zach Brown

LB
North Carolina

Cincinnati
Cordy Glenn

OG
Georgia

21P
Dallas
Janoris Jenkins

CB

North Alabama

22P
NY Jets
*Nick Perry

LB

Southern California

23P

Denver
*Mohamad Sanu
WR
Rutgers

24P

Cleveland (from Atlanta)
*Landry Jones

QB
Oklahoma

25P

Detroit
*Lamar Miller

RB

Miami

26P

Houston

Brandon Thompson

NT
Clemson

27P
Baltimore
Luke Kuechly

LB
Boston College

28P

Pittsburgh
Keleche Osemele

OG

Iowa State

29P

New England (from New Orleans)
Mel Ingram
LB
South Carolina

30P

San Francisco
*Jerel Worthy
5T
Michigan State State

31P

New England

*Fletcher Cox
5T
Mississippi

32P

Green Bay
*Brandon Jenkins

LB

Florida State

jim1
12-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Thx, for whatever reason when I do it the data comes out jumbled.

justdev7
12-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I know everyone is really high on Coples so maybe I'm alone in saying this but I don't see the explosiveness from him that I'd like to see from a guy being taken that high. He'd obviously be on the strong-side but still. Although, I didn't think Aldon Smith looked terribly explosive and he seems to be doing pretty well.......

ChambersWI
12-25-2011, 02:24 PM
interesting draft to say the least

DolphinForLife
12-25-2011, 02:47 PM
I would be thrilled with Coples. I think he would fit perfectly in our 3-4 because not only is he able to provide much needed pass rush, but he's also stout against the run as he proved last year playing out of position at DT. He'll be on ESPN2 tomorrow at 5 PM taking on Missouri for anyone who wants to get a better look at him.

jim1
12-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I know everyone is really high on Coples so maybe I'm alone in saying this but I don't see the explosiveness from him that I'd like to see from a guy being taken that high. He'd obviously be on the strong-side but still. Although, I didn't think Aldon Smith looked terribly explosive and he seems to be doing pretty well.......

Just my opinioin, but the first thing that I noticed about Aldon Smith is his explosiveness- that dude has a tremendous first step. I was surprised to see SF pass on Gabbert to take Smith- well, it sure looks like Gabbert is struggling mightily and Aldon Smith is lighting it up, good job- at least so far- by SF.

I'm getting more and more curious as to what happens to Weeden, especially now with Barkley and Jones out of the picture. What I see coming is a big time game of chicken, or variation thereof- which FO has the balls to draft a 29 year old rookie, and how high do they take him?. Best story of the draft, all the way around, from Weeden's perspective to those of teams needing a QB. Who will have the balls to draft this guy, and where will he go? My best guess is Washington, Cleveland or Miami, 2nd rd. But I think that there might be another team looking to grab him, the New York Jets. To wit:

Jets have a decision to make on SanchezPosted by Mike Florio on December 25, 2011, 8:22 AM EST

"A league source tells PFT that the Jets are beginning to realize that Sanchez may not be the answer at the position. That said, the Jets will not publicly acknowledge even the possibility that Sanchez is falling out of favor.

How could they acknowledge it? Coach Rex Ryan already has declared that Sanchez will be the quarterback for as long as Ryan is the coach, a proclamation that could eventually turn out to be as reliable as pretty much every other guarantee Rex has made.
Still, we’re told that the Jets will quietly explore their options, refraining from dropping any hints until they’re ready to pull the trigger — if that’s what they decide to do.

Working against Sanchez is a base salary for 2012 that jumps to $8.5 million. Though that’s less than half of what the top quarterbacks are paid, Sanchez arguably has performed far less than less than half of the top quarterbacks.

Regardless of whether the Jets decide to keep Sanchez in the short term, a long-term decision is looming. Drafted in 2009, his five-year contract expires after the 2013 season."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/25/jets-have-a-decision-to-make-on-sanchez/

Then again, maybe they take a Tannehill, Austin Davis this year or even a Tyler Wilson next year, letting Sanchez play out his contract. Who knows. I would absolutely love to see them burn a 1st rd pick on Landry Jones.

But I don't think that Ryan will mess around, waste time, if he decides that Sanchez isn't the guy. It reminds me of a couple of years ago when there were whispers that Parcells came to the conclusion that Henne wasn't the guy. The opportunity cost is the time wasted on a losing bet, and Ryan doesn't strike me as the type to go for that. Similar situation with the Dolphins- at the worst Weeden would be a tremendous backup to Matt Moore. And I emphasize- at the worst. Look at the Cowboys- Romo went down and I saw pretty much nothing out of Stephen McGee. I would guess that Jerry Jones would love to get his hands on Weeden. In today's NFL, if you're QB goes down, you are SOL. I think that a growing trend will be to have 2 quality QBs on NFL rosters, because with Manning, Romo, Matt Moore went down and JP Losman replaced him- when the starting QB goes down it's getting fuggly out there. And there is no better QB, with the possible exeption of Andrew Luck, who will be available in the upcoming draft.

justdev7
12-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Just my opinioin, but the first thing that I noticed about Aldon Smith is his explosiveness- that dude has a tremendous first step. I was surprised to see SF pass on Gabbert to take Smith- well, it sure looks like Gabbert is struggling mightily and Aldon Smith is lighting it up, good job- at least so far- by SF.

Yeah obviously I was totally off base about Aldon Smith. And I could be wrong about Coples too. I think I've gotten spoiled watching Cam Wake so much. Everyone looks slow off the line compared to him. I have an affinity for pass rushers like Damontre Moore out of Texas A&M. Or Von Miller last year. Guys that just have that get off that looks unreal. If Bruce Irvin wasn't so tiny I'm sure I'd be excited about him as well.

Brandon Jenkins is the guy that I really like this year.

Austin Tatious
12-25-2011, 06:12 PM
I like Coples. He is just a physical specimen that is hard to find. At 6'6 270 he will be ridiculously stout. I agree he may not have the first step of some other guys but he also has strength that the other guys won't have. I think he would bring another dimension to this defense and could really upgrade this defense by bringing an imposing figure. I gotta believe his measurables are something Ireland will like.

sinPHIN
12-25-2011, 07:39 PM
i wouldnt be to upset, but if we were going draft a dlineman i would rather tradedown and take a og, and pick up more picks. but again i woulndt be to upset

Da GODfather
12-26-2011, 04:48 AM
Not that it makes that much of a difference, but I think we'll be picking 7th or 8th