PDA

View Full Version : Draft Thoughts....draft a WR with the first pick....

gardena19
12-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not a Matt Moore guy...he would be a good QB on a team with a dominate Defense....but we don't have that....Don't think we are getting RG3 in the draft cause we would have to trade up....and giving up a second and another 1 next year is not something we can do....too many holes...Miami still must address the QB position in the draft but I think we should wait till the second round..

I would love to draft Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd with our first pick....those guys are big and would give us a dominate 1-2...with the second pick Ryan Tannehill who should still be available....I'm hoping at least...3rd round Orson Charles is a huge target at TE....would sign one of the two dominate free agent lineman who will be available and Miami's offense would look different from this years team...Defense needs help but would wait till 2013 draft to fix it....need offense this year and need time to play together as well...

2413fanphins
12-25-2011, 02:47 PM
I can kind of get with you.

If we arent trading up for luck and we end up with like #4 or 5, I would think we HAVE to take blackmon if he falls that far. Not sure he gets past #2 though... I'm not sure jeffrey or floyd are worth a top five pick. I'd have a hard time passing up claiborne. It's gonna be tough to judge, until we know for sure where we are sitting in the draft order wise.

Pat-London
12-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I've said it a few times here... get Blackmon with the 1st and if need be trade up into the late first for Weedon. I think Tannyhill has big upside but will take a Rogers like approach and sitting for a few years..

gardena19
12-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Would love Blackmon as well but agree he won't get past 5....Miami is sitting at #8 which at best with a lost next week will be 6-7....so the other 2 WR will def. be there....love those guys also...

Miamifinz
12-25-2011, 03:06 PM
If this organization knows what's good for themselves, they'll either pull the trigger on a big FA qb, or find a way to get a good one in the draft. Weapons at wideout are no good when we don't have someone to get them the ball, and Marshall and Bush should be more than enough for an above average QB to take advantage of.

MadDog 88
12-25-2011, 03:06 PM
They are much more in need of an OLB and CB. Either Kirkpatrick or Upshaw would be the perfect pick in round one.

2413fanphins
12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
dre kirkrpatrick has me salivating...

you dont want claiborne... I think he is a sure thing... whether he is a major need or not is another story...

BahamaFinFan78
12-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Best Player Available-look what Green Bay did, took Rodgers even though they had Favre. Forget need and get the top player you can get.

Cleetus
12-25-2011, 03:17 PM
For the most part if the qb is not there or we do not trade up they should take the best available player sitting where they pick. I cannot say other than punter and kicker that this team is set at any position.

Strangeworld
12-25-2011, 03:18 PM
yep this is precisely the type of thinking that has resulted in failure to draft a QB in the first round for 27 years.... let's continue ignoring the position.

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:20 PM
We need another dynamic skill set on the field. Floyd and Jeffery are to much like Marshal. We need a reciever that can run in the seams. I like the way gates has been returning kicks the last couple of weeks maybe it can translate to him running routes in the seam.

Bumpus
12-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Um, how bout NO.

gardena19
12-25-2011, 03:25 PM
yep this is precisely the type of thinking that has resulted in failure to draft a QB in the first round for 27 years.... let's continue ignoring the position.
I know dude but what do you do? Draft Landry Jones if your Miami...there is nobody there for Miami at #8...

DeathStar
12-25-2011, 03:25 PM

Lots of people on this site are content with mediocrity and 8-8 seasons...

Bumpus
12-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Spending a 1st round pick on a WR, without having a quality QB is akin to packing a suitcase full of rubbers for a solo trip to a deserted island.

DeathStar
12-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Spending a 1st round pick on a WR, without having a quality QB is akin to packing a suitcase full of rubbers for a solo trip to a deserted island.

Many people think Matt Moore is good enough...

He is good enough for mediocrity and that's ok with many people on this site.

What happened? We used to demand excellence and playoffs...now many are ok with 8-8 seasons...

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Because our last franchise QB got us how many rings?

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:35 PM
How teams that have franchise QB are in the top ten draft order this year.

gardena19
12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Weapons at wideout are no good when we don't have someone to get them the ball, and Marshall and Bush should be more than enough for an above average QB to take advantage of.

Moore found Marshall alright yesterday...7rec. for 156yds and Hartline 4rec for 72yds....now if he had a decent O-line and another TE and another Dominate receiver to throw to dude could be alright......

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:37 PM
San Diego and Philly must be in the market for a QB also.

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
And the Panther must be looking for a QB because according to the most of the board that all you need to win.

insomnia411
12-25-2011, 03:40 PM
The games that we lost this year (Jets, Texans, Browns, Broncos, Pats for ex.) we did not lose because we needed another top flight receiver. We lost those games because our pass defense, quarterback, offensive line, running game and play calling failed us badly in key situations. We need to finally address the needs that we've neglected for years and years.

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't be fooled by the media football is still a team sport.

andyahs
12-25-2011, 03:42 PM

That is not a good argument. Dan did not play defense or run the ball and I would take him back on this team in his prime any day.

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:43 PM
The games that we lost this year (Jets, Texans, Browns, Broncos, Pats for ex.) we did not lose because we needed another top flight receiver. We lost those games because our pass defense, quarterback, offensive line, running game and play calling failed us badly in key situations. We need to finally address the needs that we've neglected for years and years.

Defense and ST lost the Denver game outright.

justdev7
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I would love to draft Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd with our first pick

I got where you were going but when you start talking about Michael Floyd in the first round I stop listening. That guy cannot separate from anyone and I mean anyone. Jefferey kind of has the same problem but is a better all around player. We've already got a big receiver that can't really separate.

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
That is not a good argument. Dan did not play defense or run the ball and I would take him back on this team in his prime any day.

No but he gave you the illusion that you did not have to run or have a defense to win and we bought it for years. Our next franchise QB wont play ST or defense or run the ball either. Our safeties really need upgrading. Bell is worse than Sean Smith in space.

insomnia411
12-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Defense and ST lost the Denver game outright.

That's completely false, any non down syndrome offense scores way more than 15 pts in that game and Tebow never has a chance to pull that bull ****.

And yeah, obviously football is a team sport and we do have needs besides qb. But we have some nice pieces on defense, we have a couple of talented receivers, and we have a couple of pieces on the o line. How many years have we needed a quarterback, playmaking tight end, and secondary help? Quarterback must be addressed.

Strangeworld
12-25-2011, 03:50 PM
we need to go all in for rg3.... no matter the cost.

get him

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 03:55 PM
That's completely false, any non down syndrome offense scores way more than 15 pts in that game and Tebow never has a chance to pull that bull ****.

And yeah, obviously football is a team sport and we do have needs besides qb. But we have some nice pieces on defense, we have a couple of talented receivers, and we have a couple of pieces on the o line. How many years have we needed a quarterback, playmaking tight end, and secondary help? Quarterback must be addressed.

If your defense and special teams cant get the offense the ball in the fourth and give up scores and the tne ball on consecutive possessions the coodinators should be fired! How does any of those relate to the offense. You cant do that **** on madden.

TD
two pt conversion
onside kick
game winning drive

dlockz
12-25-2011, 04:09 PM

damn sure was much closer with him than without him

Dr. Phin
12-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Floyd....in the Top 10? Really? I don't think he even deserves 1st round...

Phinatic8u
12-25-2011, 04:15 PM
No QB will be worth a top 10 pick besides Luck.

dlockz
12-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Reminds me of the comments about Rivers and Brees prior to draft and I guess its just our normal rationalization for not drafting qb

Noodleman
12-25-2011, 04:27 PM
RG3 is worth a top ten pick no doubt. Not to mention he will bring some excitement to the game. On a side note, we need a QB first and foremost because that is the MOST IMPORTANT position. The reality is Miami needs to score more than 20 points a game and they havent done that consistently for a long time! A qb will change that plain and simple!

insomnia411
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM

If Luck wasn't considered the best QB to come out in years and years, RG3 would be in consideration for the first overall pick. I don't know where u got this concept from, I could say the same thing about Barkley if he was in the draft.

Miamifinz
12-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Until the end of the game rears its head, where Moore will proceed to lose games for us. Better decision making in the second half wins us the game yesterday, as well as the Cowgirls game. Get the franchise QB you want in the first round - make him the leader, the unquestioned guy that can will his teams to victory.

Fintastic2124
12-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Heck yes. Totally agree!

normaldude
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I would love to draft Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd with our first pick....those guys are big and would give us a dominate 1-2...

Those guys are slow. The problem with our current WRs is that we don't have any field-stretching speedsters.

I'd rather trade down, and take Kendall Wright. He would add another dimension to our offense, and would be a good complement to Brandon Marshall.

canesandphins1
12-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Jeffery reminds me of Sidney rice and Michael Floyd reminds me of david Boston

rainmaker1313
12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Buddy, to be fair we never won the SB with Marino and only got there once! How do you compute that math????

Strangeworld
12-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Buddy, to be fair we never won the SB with Marino and only got there once! How do you compute that math????

The game has changed; you don't need a dominant run game or D to content for a SB like you did when Marino was in his prime.

In todays NFL a franchise QB alone gets you in the conversation for a SB each and every year.

Bumpus
12-25-2011, 10:33 PM

... Um, and just exactly how many times have we been there since he retired?

Hell, Feidler got us out of the 1st round ONCE. Other than that, it's only been a rare sniff of the postseason.

But, sure, let's keep plugging away with second round talent and journeymen. :bobdole:

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 10:58 PM
damn sure was much closer with him than without him

Close counts in *** kissing and horseshoes.

Heinegrabber
12-25-2011, 11:01 PM
The game has changed; you don't need a dominant run game or D to content for a SB like you did when Marino was in his prime.

In todays NFL a franchise QB alone gets you in the conversation for a SB each and every year.

49ers and the Ravens would disagree with that.

jonanthans
12-25-2011, 11:26 PM
dre kirkrpatrick has me salivating...

you dont want claiborne... I think he is a sure thing... whether he is a major need or not is another story...

please, elaborate on why we don't want Claiborne...he was considered the best CB on our LSU team LAST year that had Patrick peterson on it...And has done it against much better comp than Kirkpatrick...not saying Dre isn't a good player, but Claiborne is a better CB. The major need shouldn't matter, as both Claiborne and Kirkpatrick are Dbs

fakespike
12-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Some of you people are out of your minds. We need a ****ing QB! Moore is a great stand in, but the guy CANT THROW! Hes got a noodle arm as bad as Pennington sometime between his 2nd-4th shoulder reconstruction surgery. accurate , but limited.

BSQ
12-26-2011, 05:09 AM
If we don't draft a QB in the first round we are totally pathetic. There are plenty of high quality options to choose from so we draft the guy we like the best. We may pick as high as#6 so surely a franchise QB is going to be there. We could also trade up and maybe grab RG3. We MUST get our guy in the first round this year. Enough is enough already.

gardena19
12-26-2011, 01:33 PM
So I guess Landry Jones is our QB of the future if we don't trade up?...

2413fanphins
12-26-2011, 01:59 PM

or at the very least a 1st round quarterback... if the giants get in over dallas, I THINK... every team in the nfc except NO with drew brees (pick 33), will have a 1st round qb leading the team.

tay0365
12-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Lots of people on this site are content with mediocrity and 8-8 seasons...

And some want to watch their team lose on purpose, thinking that will make their team better...go figure.

Common sense thoughts:

1.You don't pull a trigger on a QB in the 1st round unless he will make you better....especially when you are drafting in the top 10.

2. If your within reach of one of the top QBs (Picking top 10), you have to do all you can to trade up to get him if you need that Franchise QB, but if you are not able to trade up, don't pick a QB just to pick a QB in the 1st round...that is called overreaching, and rarely works.

3. If your drafting in the top 10 of the 1st round for a QB, he better be one of the top 3 QBs, and he better have shown elite College skills.

4. If when you draft, and you don't have a shot at one of the possible franchise QB, but still have a shot at a possible star Receiver, or star pass-rushing LB or DE (Positions you need), you take the player that will make your team better, not force taking an inferior QB just for the reason of taking a QB in the 1st round.