PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Stoner! and he Inhaled! LOL

Mack Daddy
04-09-2002, 05:20 PM
This is too funny:

NYC Mayor Featured in Pot Legalization Ads

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg found himself the poster boy for an ad campaign to decriminalize marijuana in a full-page spread in Tuesday's New York Times, and he's not thrilled about it.
The advertisement is part of pro-marijuana group The NORML Foundation's $500,000 campaign that will feature Bloomberg, who was quoted in a 2001 magazine article as saying he had smoked marijuana and liked it. The group said this is the largest ever ad campaign calling for the reform of marijuana laws.

"You bet I did, and I enjoyed it," Bloomberg said in an April 16, 2001, New York magazine article, before he was elected mayor, in response to the question if he had ever smoked marijuana.

The newspaper ad featured the quote in a bubble above the mayor's head with a tag line below, "It's NORML to Smoke Pot."

The text of the ad said NORML applauds Bloomberg's candor, and lumped him in with former President Bill Clinton, New York Gov. George Pataki and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas (news - web sites) as another public official who it says has admitted he smoked pot.

"Millions of people smoke marijuana today," said NORML Executive Director Keith Stroup, a lawyer who says he has been smoking pot for 30 years, at a midtown news conference on Tuesday. "They come from all walks of life, and that includes your own mayor."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iceblizzard69
04-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Yeah! I wish Giuliani could still be mayor but my parents voted for this guy and he was a lot better than Mark Green (the asshole he ran against)

dolphan39
04-10-2002, 07:56 AM
back when he smoked pot it was practically legal in NYC, i.e. a cop would walk by you on the street and not care of you were smoking a joint - see outside my high school 1977-1980. But it took guts to admit it publicly for a guy of his stature - mroe than I have ;) :goof:

dolfan06
04-10-2002, 12:09 PM
the one and only time i tried pot, i barfed all over the coffee table!

its not for me, i'll stay a wino!

dolphan39
04-10-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
the one and only time i tried pot, i barfed all over the coffee table!

its not for me, i'll stay a wino! must have been some good sh!t :lol: :goof:

where's Jaydog when you need him :D

iceblizzard69
04-10-2002, 04:03 PM
You went to Stuyvesant, right? It must of been hard for the potheads to keep up other there.

dolfan06
04-12-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
back when he smoked pot it was practically legal in NYC, i.e. a cop would walk by you on the street and not care of you were smoking a joint - see outside my high school 1977-1980. But it took guts to admit it publicly for a guy of his stature - mroe than I have ;) :goof: while you're coughing your lungs up, trying to hold it in, some clown next to you is saying, "pass that over!"

Frank-n-Furter
04-12-2002, 03:28 PM
while you're coughing your lungs up, trying to hold it in, some clown next to you is saying, "pass that over!" Can't handle your smoke? Dude, you gotta toke slow, and unless it's "dirt weed" you'll have no problem holding it in.:cool: And they want you to "pass it over, so's not to waste it. Grass ain't as cheap as cigarettes.:D Don't bogart it dude, pass it on down!:lol:

dolfan06
04-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Can't handle your smoke? i only said it was bad for me, and the best part was giving it away!:(

fin fan 808
04-14-2002, 02:13 AM
I AGREE WITH BROTHER FRANK-N- FURTER JUST PASS IT OVER DUDE!? MAHALO NUI LOA BRA!!!!!!!

dolfan06
04-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by fin fan 808
I AGREE WITH BROTHER FRANK-N- FURTER JUST PASS IT OVER DUDE!? MAHALO NUI LOA BRA!!!!!!! you're excused!

fin fan 808
04-15-2002, 06:51 PM
you're excused!

EXCUSED FROM WHAT?:evil:

dolphan39
04-15-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
You went to Stuyvesant, right? It must of been hard for the potheads to keep up other there. not back in the crazy 70's :goof: - though for some it was :(

dolfan06
04-16-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by fin fan 808

EXCUSED FROM WHAT?:evil: not from anything, i just don't know how to spell g-e-s-u-n-d-h-e-i-t(had to look it up), i thought you sneezed or burped or something!:D