PDA

View Full Version : Miami can draft as high as 4th...or as low as 10th......

gardena19
12-26-2011, 02:11 PM
According to this article......would take a lot but I'm going to be rooting for a lot of teams this Sunday....If we can get to 6th I'd be happy....trade up to number 4 and have a shot at RG3.....I did say we should draft a WR but that was cause I don't want Landry Jones....

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2011/12/26/nfl-draft-and-playoff-derby-everything-you-need-to-know-about-a-wild-week-17/

LordPicklewagon
12-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow.....4 would be a pipe dream but if we lucked into that we would be guaranteed either Claiborne or Blackmon and i could get on board with that. Or even better, have more bargaining power to trade for luck.

insomnia411
12-26-2011, 04:00 PM
What's the scenario where we pick 4 so i know what to root for?

flynryan15
12-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Can you still cash in on the guaranted Superbowl if you miss the post season?

sinPHIN
12-26-2011, 04:12 PM
blackmon wont get by st. louis, so it would be nice to have to 4th pick (which wont happen imo) and st louis having the #1. we could make a trade then, but its a pipe dream

foycore79
12-26-2011, 04:16 PM

To get the 4th pick we of course need to lose and we need wins from Cleveland,The Jags,Tampa,and The Skins also if the Jags win then the Colts are a lock for the 1st pick so I am actually rooting for a Jags win and a Rams lose so the Rams get the pick...better chance of them trading out and a better chance for us to go get Luck if we pick within the top 5

Valandui
12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
To get the 4th pick we of course need to lose and we need wins from Cleveland,The Jags,Tampa,and The Skins also if the Jags win then the Colts are a lock for the 1st pick so I am actually rooting for a Jags win and a Rams lose so the Rams get the pick...better chance of them trading out and a better chance for us to go get Luck if we pick within the top 5
The Jags have to lose for the Rams to get the first pick.

foycore79
12-26-2011, 05:14 PM
The Jags have to lose for the Rams to get the first pick.
Damn it my mistake I ment a Colts win

MARSHALL~LAW
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
blackmon wont get by st. louis, so it would be nice to have to 4th pick (which wont happen imo) and st louis having the #1. we could make a trade then, but its a pipe dreamtotally agree! Blackmon will be a Ram in a few months!

Roman529
12-26-2011, 05:28 PM
RG3 would look great in a Phin's uniform...he can back up Moore for about half the season and then become our version of Cam Newton when he's ready.

utahphinsfan
12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
RG3 would look great in a Phin's uniform...he can back up Moore for about half the season and then become our version of Cam Newton when he's ready.

I'm not entirely sold on RG3 but would have no objections if he were acquired.

One mock (I can't recall which) had RG3 going to Miami @ 7... the rationale was Miami needs a face of the franchise & Ross wants to put people in the seats and the best way to accomplish both is drafting Griffin.

jgpence17
12-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I still think RG3 goes back to Baylor. I also think Jones comes back for his senior year so our only bet would be to hope for the rams to get the #1 pick and try to trade for Luck. Problem with that is Cleveland has 2 1st rounders this year so I see us going bpa in the first and tannehill or weeden in round two

PortFin
12-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Did I miss something? It looks to me as if we could potentially be picking as low as 11th as well. I realize we have the tie-breaker lead in strength of schedule right now, but it is so minimal that it seems like depending on the way the games go this weekend there would be a chance that we could get screwed if all the games go the wrong way.

PortFin
12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I still think RG3 goes back to Baylor. I also think Jones comes back for his senior year so our only bet would be to hope for the rams to get the #1 pick and try to trade for Luck. Problem with that is Cleveland has 2 1st rounders this year so I see us going bpa in the first and tannehill or weeden in round two

I think RG3 has a better shot at coming out now that Barkley is back at SC. I really believe that if RG3 comes out he'll be our QB, but we'll have to move up to get him. I think Ross wants a top flight QB in the draft, not one he can grab in the second round. I don't mean that as a slight to Tannehill or Weeden, I just think a top 10 pick on a QB is an easier sell as the face of your franchise, and generally has more potential to become that.

NRA
12-27-2011, 09:01 AM

WOW!! its that easy huh?

i will bet ANYTHING that you can take any of these rookie qb,s this year and moore has FULL camp they cant beat him out.

only miami fans can find a jewel and call it a dog turd. what, did we get a bunch of jet fans convert over here?

Valandui
12-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Except he's nowhere near as big, polished as a passer, or elusive of a runner as Cam Newton.

newlife2788
12-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd take him. He is a upgrade over bess and harline imo

datruth55
12-27-2011, 01:54 PM
There is none. The SOS's on that article are all wrong. Here is the top 15 as they stand right now with SOS for the season.

1. 2-13 Indianapolis SOS .534
2. 2-13 St. Louis SOS .584
3. 3-12 Minnesota SOS .560
4. 4-11 Jacksonville SOS .504
5. 4-11 Cleveland SOS .529
6. 4-11 Tampa Bay SOS .551
7. 5-10 Washington SOS .475
8. 5-10 Miami SOS .513
9. 6-9 Carolina SOS .500
10. 6-9 Buffalo SOS .517 (Coin flip with Kansas City)
11. 6-9 Kansas City SOS .517 (Coin flip with Buffalo)
12. 7-8 Arizona SOS .475
13. 7-8 Philadelphia SOS .492
14. 7-8 Seattle SOS .508
15. 7-8 San Diego SOS .517

Jacksonville's SOS is way weaker than ours so even if they were to win (giving Indy the #1 overall pick and locking Andrew Luck to Indy giving us no chance to trade for the pick), Jacksonville would still pick in front of us based on SOS. Also keep in mind that if we lose to the Jets our SOS will go up, since the Jets record counts twice against us, while the other teams in front of us winning will cause their SOS to go down.

Lets just say for example (and this is all highly unlikely but since people keep throwing out false SOS numbers I'll indulge) Cleveland pulls off a miracle and beats Pittsburgh, Jacksonville beats Indy, Washington beat Philly, Tampa Bay beat Atlanta (anyone starting to sense this isn't going to happen yet?), St, Louis loses to the 49ers and Minnesota loses to Chicago (who I think they could beat) and Miami loses to the Jets...the draft order would look like this.

1. 2-14 Indy SOS .537
2. 2-14 St. Louis SOS .589
3. 3-13 Minnesota SOS .563
4. 5-11 Jacksonville SOS .500
5. 5-11 Miami SOS .518
6. 5-11 Cleveland SOS .522
7. 5-11 Tampa Bay SOS .547
8. 6-10 Washington SOS .470

That is the best case scenario for us...best case. So Jacksonville winning will do nothing for us and especially give us no hope of trading for Luck. What we really need is for Cleveland, Tampa Bay and Washington to some how pull off a miracle this weekend, Jacksonville to lose to Indy giving the Rams the 1st overall pick and pray the Jeff Ireland somehow pulls off a trade for #1.

Aqua and Orange
12-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm going to forgo the hours analyzing the various scenarios in which we can wind up with a decent draft pick and assume we beat the Jets (who wouldn't make the playoffs anyways) and wind up screwed as hell at pick 11 or so.

Would you all expect anything less in this nut punch of a season?

datruth55
12-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm going to forgo the hours analyzing the various scenarios in which we can wind up with a decent draft pick and assume we beat the Jets (who wouldn't make the playoffs anyways) and wind up screwed as hell at pick 11 or so.

Would you all expect anything less in this nut punch of a season?
The worst we'll pick, with a win over the Jets, is 10th.

ChrisHanson
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Except he's nowhere near as big, polished as a passer, or elusive of a runner as Cam Newton.

He doesn't have Cam's size, but his passing and running are at least equal to Cam's. On top of that RGIII's character and brains are light years ahead of Cam's.

One scout on RGIII:

Mechanically, Griffin’s throwing motion is quick, rapid, yet elongated and upright. Normally throws with an over the top delivery, but will alter throwing arm slot based upon available throwing windows.

Very mature and intellectual person who excels in the film room, in addition to the classroom. Has consistently made strides in his mental approach to the game, looking more and more like a pure pocket passer.

He's active with his eyes, reacting decisively to pressure and sticking with the route development. Rarely, if ever, will he throw blindly across his body; smart decision maker with the football who held a 5:1 TD:INT ratio during his 4-yr career at Baylor.

Griffin has taken huge strides forward in his ability to progress thru multiple pass options, slide in and out of the pocket, and stay light on his toes throughout his pass drop. Picture perfect ball placement, touch, and loft on the deep ball can be attributed to his relentless work ethic, commitment to success, and exceptional arm talent. Griffin no longer stands flat-footed in the pocket, but is up on his toes and very active with his progression. Quick, decisive, and cautious decision maker who rarely throws the ball up for grabs. Has improved upon his completion percentage every season at Baylor, and maintained a 67% completion percentage on 1,159 pass attempts.

Successfully transformed himself from an athlete at the quarterback position, into a quarterback that happens to be extremely athletic. It must be noted that a majority of Griffin's big passing plays came off of an inverted veer, play action that gave a zone-read feel; Griffin played exclusively out of shotgun and pistol formations, rarely taking snaps from under center.

The instances which Griffin took the snap from center usually involved 3rd and short, goal-line, or red-zone situations; I have not seen a straight 5 step pass drop from Griffin when under center. Throws made from under center included quick hitting bubble patterns or a quick tight end dump pass in the red zone; I have seen multiple snaps where Griffin carried out a play action fake and was asked to take a 5 step pass drop. Though he needs time and reps from under center, Griffin's work ethic, character, athletic ability, and arm talent make him one of the most unique, dynamic, and exciting prospects in recent NFL draft memory.

hooshoops
12-27-2011, 02:02 PM
rg3's not the pure polished passer that cam newton is or was as a prospect...so get out of here with that talk if that's what your trying to imply...

Aqua and Orange
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Phew! Ireland can easily find the next Pat White there!

datruth55
12-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Phew! Ireland can easily find the next Pat White there!
lol, true...or the next O-lineman. We could trade down too for a new NT since he's going to let Paul Soliai walk.

BahamaFinFan78
12-27-2011, 03:22 PM

If we win, what's the best we can pick?

Ben Had
12-27-2011, 03:35 PM
It doesnt matter to me where we pick as long as we beat the Jets!

dolphinron
12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
No matter what happens we will most likely give our 1st this year 2nd this year and 1st next year in trade to whoever is 1st in draft, st louis or indy, to go after and lock up luck. Bears did something similar for a trade to get Cutler from Denver and you see how valuable he is now that they have not won one game since Cutler has gone down. Moore will be our back up with henne 3rd string. book it.

datruth55
12-27-2011, 04:46 PM
If we win, what's the best we can pick?
The best would be right where we at...#8.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

No matter what happens we will most likely give our 1st this year 2nd this year and 1st next year in trade to whoever is 1st in draft, st louis or indy, to go after and lock up luck. Bears did something similar for a trade to get Cutler from Denver and you see how valuable he is now that they have not won one game since Cutler has gone down. Moore will be our back up with henne 3rd string. book it.

Henne won't be back.