PDA

View Full Version : if we take a wr in the first

sinPHIN
12-26-2011, 11:38 PM
which one would you take. im not going to put blackmon on bc imo he doesnt get by st. louis and if he does jacksonville would get him
its between

Michael floyd: the guy catches everything. he caught 95 balls this year 8 tds and thats with ND's pathetic qb play. he isnt a burner and may not have a 40 under 4.5 come march but he has game speed. he has good size 6'3 224 and makes big play after big play. he is big physical, and play maker, just what the phins need. he has had some off the field issues tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9htfFUDjo

ashlon jeffery: big guy 6'4 229, reminds me alot of brandon marshal. had a down year with only 45 catches but 7tds. makes alot of big catches when he is covered well. not gonna burn anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULKAO6R_0Rg&feature=related

i would take floyd over jeffery for the fact that we already have marshall and they pretty much the same player imo, and i think floyd has more big play ability. floyd would bring a different style to the opposite side of marshall. he isnt a burner, but the guy gets yac and adjust to the ball very well. like i said above jeffery is just a marshall clone imo. if marshall wasnt here my opinion might be defferent, but floyd catches just as well if not better than jeffery and has had more big plays, and pretty much carried ND.

and for ****s and giggles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voprccSVyz4

SF Dolphin Fan
12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
With some of the top qb's going back to school, I think plan B should be a wide receiver to pair opposite of Brandon Marshall. I like Michael Floyd for the same reasons you stated. This is a passing league and Miami should look to upgrade Brian Hartline. Grad Colby Fleener in round 2 and the Dolphins redzone offense could become dynamic.

ChambersWI
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I'd love Blackmon but he'll probably be long gone by when we pick provided we don't fall in love with Tannehill or some other QB.

Michael Floyd is an interesting discussion. I think he'd be a nice compliment to Marshall, but the alcohol issues are a worry.

Kendall Wright, I'd love to get another look at.

hooshoops
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM
we shouldn't take a wr with our top pick...period

sinPHIN
12-27-2011, 01:43 AM
we shouldn't take a wr with our top pick...period
who would you take if not a wr? oline, d?

hooshoops
12-27-2011, 02:03 AM
i'm locked in on a qb or edge pass rusher with the top pick...

JCane
12-27-2011, 02:09 AM
who would you take if not a wr? oline, d?

This is why you don't take a WR in the first...

i know brees is about to pass dans season record for yards, but its still dans in my book. the league protects the offense now esp the qb. in dans day the dbs could be all over the wr's, the offenses didnt have all of these crappy rules in their favor. dan did it himself. no rules helping him out. dan threw it 564 (the whole season) to bress'583 (with two games left). not to mention the 48 td passes, and dan had an average of 9 ypa, to brees' 8 . im a sad homer but facts are facts marino did it in a time where it was much harder to do, and had the single greatest season for a qb in history.

sinPHIN
12-27-2011, 04:53 AM
This is why you don't take a WR in the first...
im saying take a wr first if we cant land rg3 im pretty sure i put that. nm i didnt. but im saying take a wr only if we cant land luck or rg3

canesandphins1
12-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Floyd has a lot of David Boston in him big thick Wr just physically gifted off the field very close also and Jeffery has a lot of Sidney rice in him tall lean good hand just depends on 40 time for him

MadDog 88
12-27-2011, 07:29 AM
I dont see Floyd going top 10. IMO that is a huge reach. They have to go all in on QB but if they can't pull off a deal, I like either Upshaw or Kirkpatrick from Alabama

sinPHIN
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Floyd has a lot of David Boston in him big thick Wr just physically gifted off the field very close also and Jeffery has a lot of Sidney rice in him tall lean good hand just depends on 40 time for him
floyd is very athletic for his size, has a little bit of quikness, jeffery on the other hand i dont see rice in him. rice can stretch the field alot better. jeffery is alot more like marshall imo

hooshoops
12-27-2011, 02:19 PM
i like floyd...i don't agree with he can't separate...he's got good acceleration out of his cuts quick footed on double moves and vertical routes comes across as a little too muscular at times to me...there's some stiffness there imo...but top 10 is too rich for me with floyd...as it is for alshon jeffery

sinPHIN
12-27-2011, 05:49 PM
i like floyd...i don't agree with he can't separate...he's got good acceleration out of his cuts quick footed on double moves and vertical routes comes across as a little too muscular at times to me...there's some stiffness there imo...but top 10 is too rich for me with floyd...as it is for alshon jeffery
i was talking about jeffery with the cant separate. floyd would be a perfect #2 for the fins imo

hooshoops
12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
i've heard others say floyd can't separate and i take issue with it...was just making a general statement not directed at anyone in particular

Elliott 1
12-27-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd be OK with Alshon Jeffery. He has an insane catch radius. He is one of those guys who is always open.

JCane
12-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Alshon appears to be out of shape IMO.

Roman529
12-27-2011, 09:02 PM
If we take a WR, I probably would grab one in Round 3. I think we have to take a QB and a TE, or a QB and an O-lineman with our first two picks. I liked Ryan Broyles, WR, from Oklahoma before he got hurt. I think he was projected to go around #30-#35 overall in the draft, but with his injury he could possibly drop to the third round. I also like Kendall Wright of Baylor, RG3's main target. Wright has really good speed and I think he also runs back kicks. I also like Nick Toon of Wisconsin, 6'3" 220....nice big target.....a chip off the old block,,,his dad is Al Toon, a former great WR for the Jets.

BigNastyDB13
12-27-2011, 09:29 PM
I cant really comment on Floyd or Jeffery, as I havent seen much of either over the years. If RGIII isnt there, we should still be in prime position to get a play maker. I dont care if thats a WR, QB, OLB or CB. Blackmon, Claiborne, RGIII, Upshaw, Coples, Kirkpatrick....at least one of those guys will be available when we pick and some of the guys I dont know a lot about but if Upshaw or Coples are capable of being pro bowl caliber pass rushers then Id be thrilled to have them. Ideally, we get a play maker on offense but as long as we get a playmaker, fine. In a perfect world we get a QB or Blackmon but if thats not in the cards we would be lucky to have a guy like Claiborne or an elite pass rusher. We just cant be taking "complimentary" guys like OL, RB, DL (who isnt a pass rusher) with our top 10 pick.

The Confessor
12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Depending on where we end up picking, NO way, NO how I go WR first round. Too many other areas of more urgent need IMVHO

beanh8er
12-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Only receiver I'd be happy with is Justin Blackmon, and maybe we can get someone to trade us a Julio Jones-esque bounty for him which is what I'd prefer.

Buff
12-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Julio Jones worked out ok as a rookie, as did AJ Green with a rookie QB on a Bengals team....

Luck will be gone, the skins may well trade up a couple of spots to grab a QB, Buffalo will look at WR and so MIGHT the Jets. I Wouldn't be unhappy with Blackmon. I think he would be great in aqua.