PDA

View Full Version : i hope you guys won't be that surprised when......

mega-fin-love
12-27-2011, 04:58 PM
we don't draft a QB in the first round. Everyone seems so sure that we will but I really think it's a 50/50 chance. Would anyone really be that shocked if we took another offensive lineman ( we do need one bad ) ? I would not be surprised at all if we took another position. Especially if we end up getting pick 10. I'm not saying that we shouldn't grab one if the right guy falls to us but just don't want to see everyone get there hopes up. What do you guys think?

Tunaphish429
12-27-2011, 05:21 PM
I could see the Dolphins not drafting a qb

Cumar
12-27-2011, 05:26 PM
we don't draft a QB in the first round. Everyone seems so sure that we will but I really think it's a 50/50 chance. Would anyone really be that shocked if we took another offensive lineman ( we do need one bad ) ? I would not be surprised at all if we took another position. Especially if we end up getting pick 10. I'm not saying that we shouldn't grab one if the right guy falls to us but just don't want to see everyone get there hopes up. What do you guys think?

I think we are probably looking at 30/70 that we draft a QB with our 1st round pick and that 30% is only through a trade down. If RGIII declares, he will be long gone before we pick. Landry Jones knows he has to go back to school or he will slip in this draft.

That being said, I'm calling a trade down and a pick up of an offensive lineman or QB (if we trade down far enough in the back of the 1st for Tannenhill or if the regime really like Weeden I guess) OR we take one of the OLB/DE guys that are fairly high on most boards (hopefully not Coples though).

Stefins
12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
I would not be surprised. I think the only way they draft a QB in round 1 is if they trade up to get one.

Otherwise I would prefer to trade DOWN and get more picks including some for 2013

Vertical Limit
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Well we haven't drafted a first round QB for 27-28 years now? I'm used to it already. What's another decade of irrelevance anyways? Meaningless wins and 7-9 records FTW.

datruth55
12-27-2011, 05:35 PM
In the last 11 drafts this team hasn't drafted who I wanted in the first round anyway....don't see why the upcoming draft would be any different.

Anything outside of Andrew Luck, however unlikely that may be, is going to be a disappointment for me anyway.

MiZFiT
12-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Also wouldn't be surprised if a huge trade is made to get luck.

One could hope...

PortFin
12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I would not be surprised.

I would, however, be extraordinarily disappointed. Of course, if there are none available when we pick, then theres nothing we can do. I really do believe though that Ireland will do whatever it takes to move up for Griffin because his job may depend on coming out of this draft with a QB. A top flight one, not a one who may or may not be a quality starter one day,

Rugby
12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I think we are probably looking at 30/70 that we draft a QB with our 1st round pick and that 30% is only through a trade down. If RGIII declares, he will be long gone before we pick. Landry Jones knows he has to go back to school or he will slip in this draft.

That being said, I'm calling a trade down and a pick up of an offensive lineman or QB (if we trade down far enough in the back of the 1st for Tannenhill or if the regime really like Weeden I guess) OR we take one of the OLB/DE guys that are fairly high on most boards (hopefully not Coples though).

If I were Landry wouldn't it make more sense to come out this year ? If RGIII and Barkley are going back, then that should make him # 2 on the list if Luck does indeed come out as expected. If he stays in school then he will be QB # 3 or worse, unless he has some kind of total breakout year next year.

Rugby
12-27-2011, 05:51 PM
as for being surprised, I actually would be angry if we took a QB not named Luck or RGIII in the 1st round in this year's draft.

Ed Norton
12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Hopefully they lose Sunday and then make a push to trade up for Luck. They have got to do whatever it takes to get a QB. Luck isn't too likely but if it's him there will be some very happy fans. Maybe about as much joy as winning a playoff game. Not landing a QB will probably make me even more angry then a typical division loss (with something on the line).

I am not ready for suck for Barkley in 2012!

Gonzo
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I could see us not drafting a QB because we won't be getting Luck and RGIII may be out of reach too. Besides, we will be in position to draft Weeden. That being said, no thanks to getting a lineman in the first round. Playmakers please. There are plenty of solid linemen in the later rounds and FA.

LordPicklewagon
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately what early on looked like a promising draft to select a qb, it has been anything but with us out of the luck sweepstakes and barkley going back to school. Even though we need a qb in the worst possible way i dont want to waste a number 8 pick on Jones or Tannehill. Sigh

Gonzo
12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Hopefully they lose Sunday and then make a push to trade up for Luck. They have got to do whatever it takes to get a QB. Luck isn't too likely but if it's him there will be some very happy fans. Maybe about as much joy as winning a playoff game. Not landing a QB will probably make me even more angry then a typical division loss (with something on the line).

I am not ready for suck for Barkley in 2012!You can count me on that bandwagon immediately if we don't seriously address QB.

Rhody Phins Fan
12-27-2011, 06:01 PM
If we have a chance at taking a top prospect I think Ross is going to demand that Miami acquires one.

2413fanphins
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I think ross should demand that we trade up for luck. we should begin talkign to whomever has the first overall pick as soon as rules allow.

MARSHALL~LAW
12-27-2011, 06:18 PM
I think we are all forgetting here that it also depends on who the next coach is. If we get a defensive guru, I see us drafting a CB or FS in the first. Way to may things up in the air right now. We still have the combine and pro days to look forward to before the draft. A lot of things could change.

dolphinbryan
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
either way look for the new miami regime to learn from the past failures of the past regimes trade for manning or draft a quarterback in round one most likely in a trade up for luck or griffin!

Valandui
12-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Ryan Tannehill, baby.

dolpns13
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM

We're currently not in a position to draft a [franchise] QB and if guys like Jones or Weed'en are sitting there, probably the smartest thing we could do is to pass on them. Jones hit a brick wall at the midpoint of the season and Weed'en IMO is Beck 2.0. That being said if we cant draft a QB then I hope we go WR, TE, LB, FS... We need a break from DE's and OL's with high picks.

dolpns13
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Ryan Tannehill, baby.

I dont know much about him but he does have alot of interceptions.

Phins28
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM

I wont be surprise, Jeff Ireland under values the QB position, he will draft a lineman.

LANGER72
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
If we use our pick for another players apart from QB, I hope we draft WR Justin Blackmon, or DB Morris Claiborne.
Another possibility is to get RB Trent Richardson, OLB Zack Brown or DE Quinton Couples.
Any of those players will upgrade a position.

flynryan15
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
More like I would be surprised if we drafted a QB in the first! I have already accepted if Ireland is here we are taking the best G or T available.

2413fanphins
12-27-2011, 07:19 PM
IF we don't trade up for luck... we had better walk out of the first round with either blackmon or claiborne. Or I will have a hard time even watching the rest of the draft.

flynryan15
12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
IF we don't trade up for luck... we had better walk out of the first round with either blackmon or claiborne. Or I will have a hard time even watching the rest of the draft.

So I wont be penciling you in for a Kahili(sp) jersey?

flynryan15
12-27-2011, 07:26 PM

So I wont be penciling you in for a Kahili(sp) jersey?

mega-fin-love
12-27-2011, 10:20 PM
WOW i must say that I am sort of surprised at the comments so far on this thread. I expected a bunch of " QB or I kill myself " type comments. Glad to see everyone not going way overboard and using logic. You guys better quit or you might start restoring my faith in people. haha....won't last long I'm sure

mrbunglez
12-27-2011, 10:51 PM
After many yrs of not drafting a 1st round QB many people have become jaded. So yes I hope they do something about QB in the 1st as far as them picking 1 up, if they don't I'm used to it it's the same old song dance every yr. Maybe Ross will have say during the draft.

kellyh3034
12-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I will say it here first. Come back to this thread later. Someone else other than Luck will be the better Qb in in the 2012 draft. Mark it. Copy it. Mail it. Period!

armyphin
12-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I actually would be angry if we took a QB not named Luck
That.

It's unlikely the Dolphins draft a QB in the first.

JCane
12-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Dumbest franchise in the league.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Vertical Limit
12-28-2011, 05:19 AM
Knowing Ireland he will probably draft a running back even though we're stacked in the position. Just like he drafted Odrick, Merling even though we're pretty much set at DE, just stock piling the linemen. Drafting a bust LB in Misi even though we had a glaring need at TE and our linebacker position was solid, not elite but good enough.

nmf1047
12-28-2011, 02:28 PM
I would not be surprised. I think the only way they draft a QB in round 1 is if they trade up to get one.

Otherwise I would prefer to trade DOWN and get more picks including some for 2013
fml enough with this trading down ****...it cost us earl thomas a few yrs ago..when has this EVER worked for us? sometimes i think people say stuff to sound smart

LANGER72
12-28-2011, 09:54 PM
We need to take the best player available with our 1st round pick. WE need to find pro-bowl caliber players to upgrade some positions.
The team is basically sound except for RT which we can address in the 2-3 rounds.